TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Outside the House News: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 10, 2018 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jadajean, it is funny that you would post that. I just read something a couple of weeks ago about people on the "inside" who said that Julie is a nightmare to work with on both The View and BB.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hantze is a nasty individual who spoiled Survivor for years. Yes he’s entertaining but it comes at a cost.

Julie is a totally incompetent uninterested host but I enjoy Big Brother. I hope it is renewed.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/09/cbs-head-les-moonves-faces-new-sexual-assault-accusations-six-more-women-report-says/?utm_term=.3d1909b7da87

Reggiek

08-12-2005

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reggiek a private message Print Post    
Les Moonves, Longtime CBS Chief, Steps Down https://nyti.ms/2O3h8Te

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hamsterwatch #bb20 🐹 ⌚️ @hamsterwatch
10m10 minutes ago
More
it's official: Les Moonves is out https://www.cbscorporation.com/cbs-corporation-and-national-amusements-announce-resolution-of-governance-disputes-and-transition-to-new-leadership/

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
BB is worth too much to CBS in the summer to drop it over this- now Julie might go, but other BB’s have changed hosts and been OK...

Only caveat is CBS has picked up the rights to Love Island, which is a massive hit in the UK, so if they want a new summer show they may go with that (though I’m thinking this is more of a between Survivor seasons show)

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Les is a sleaze just like many back in those days.
I just watch the 60 minutes segment about the gymnanist on what there coaches and doctors did to them.
It makes me sick.
Just because it took them awhile to speak out, find their courage to tell their stories. Does not make them liars, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’m very proud of them for speaking up now.
The time for victim blaming is over. It’s now time to speak the truth.
If your not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
We must stop victim blaming female or male. Stop it. The time is now.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I can only take Ross in small doses but I love BB so I would learn to love him more :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Annie, I would love Jeff and Jordan to host!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Victor has short hair, and looks great... Victor Arroyo III Verified account @elfitvic
46s46 seconds ago
More
She said yes!!👫 I want to give a big thank you to all our family, friends & supporters for all the love and congratulations ❤️ Additionally none of this would have been possible without @cbs_bigbrother 🙏🏽 Lastly big thanks to @sarahojewelry for the beautiful & custom ring!💍

Hwest

07-01-2011

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
As others have pointed out it has been known for years that Moonves was a sleaze. His ouster has more to do with his opposition to the Redstone family and Les's opposition to the merger between CBS and Viacom than his treatment of women in the workplace.

Les opposed the Merger which would have diluted the Redstone family interest from 79% to 17%. It was Les who led the charge on the opposition to the merger.

Within HOURS of Les's resignation the bitter lawsuit between CBS and the Redstone family was dropped.

I would like to think that there is more awareness in the work place but I think Les's sleazy behavior was just a way for the Redstone family to get him out the door.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
With a clean house BB ratings could very well improve. I would welcome Ross as the host, but please do not include the young lady who won Celebrity BB as she kinda gets on my nerves constantly talking.
Julie's good thing at CBS is over and while I don't mind her staying I am betting that the thrill is gone + she has enemies. It's different when folks don't like you and your hubby is the top dawg.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
Wonder if Leah Remanni will return to the talk. Julie was behind her leaving

Annie

08-15-2009

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Mom_of_three, funny you should say that. I recorded and watched the first season of The Talk every single day.

When the 2nd season began and I saw that Leah R. got the boot, I stopped watching it that very day and have not gone back. I was VERY disappointed in how that went down.

With Leah's success with her other shows I doubt she would go back to The Talk.... but I could be wrong. (it's been known to happen)

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Kathy Griffin weighs in, and WOW!

https://www.thewrap.com/kathy-griffin-rips-julie-chen-les-moonves-late-late-show/

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don’t think that Janet ever had a reason to cause this malfunction.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
The Talk season premiere is supposed to start here in 15 minutes. Usually, even during reruns, they have several commercials during the morning about what the show will be about that today. Today I have seen nothing. This is almost like waiting for a BB Thursday live show.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
The Talk is live—and no Julie at the table! Julie is taking time off to be with her family. They are talking about Les, Sharon O leading the conversation.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
oh wowza!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have it set to record.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Debra Birnbaum

Verified account

@debrabirnbaum
15m15 minutes ago
More
Julie Chen will not be on @TheTalkCBS, issuing a statement: “I am taking a few days off from The Talk to be with my family. I will be back soon and will see you Thursday night on Big Brother.” #Moonves

Wicked

06-28-2007

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wicked a private message Print Post    
Sharon is having a hard time talking about this:
Julie is taking time off to be with her family. Y
She loves Julie, a great friend... However..
Cannot support k
Les, They do not know how their show will end or not. Sarah says basically the same.
United support for Julie, not for Les.

Sharon: when men get power it goes to their testicles.

None of them knew him other than Julie's husband. Support her and support for all victims.

They are very clear in their condemnation of Les and men of his position and power.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I think it's 50/50 Julie is on BB Thursday- and if she is I suspect it'll be a "closed" audience (everyone is CBS staffers and such- no public)

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
I would rather be entertained by Wil (ain’t got time for two “L’s”) than have to listen to Ross’ blathering or Marissa whose contract would pay her by the number of words she spoke.

Patty9755

07-18-2006

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Patty9755 a private message Print Post    
I hope Ross is not considered for the host of Big Brother. He is much too silly for my tastes. I would love to see Jeff Schroder take over if Julie leaves. I know their demographic audience is perceived to be 18-40, but there are a great deal of viewers who are older and have been loyal Big Brother fans since season one. I hope they choose someone who is more mature and whose personality appeals to everyone. Ross or Marissa, no. Please.