TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Outside the House News: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 09, 2018 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
If he wasn't going before, he certainly is now...

https://tvline.com/2018/09/09/les-moonves-new-sexual-assault-allegations-leaving-cbs/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's just too bad that Moonves gets paid $100 million to leave.

Indybarb

06-25-2005

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Indybarb a private message Print Post    
Maybe it should be split up among his accusers.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
When the last reports hit The Talk was in reruns. Tomorrow is the beginning of the new season for the show. I know Julie made a statement the following week that she said was “the only statement“ she would make on the subject, but will she continue to ignore it now?

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Oh Dipo, that is WONDERFUL news!! So, glad for you and your family.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
It is not likely Moonves will get the $100 million:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/les-moonves-sexual-assault-new-claims-cbs-payout-rachel-bloom-shari-redstone-1202460683/

Hwest

07-01-2011

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
I think Julie is going to have to find a new network home. In 1987 my best friend's husband was the CEO of Viacom. He lead a hostile takeover against Sumner Redstone for Viacom (which at the time owned MTV Networks, Nickelodeon, Showtime, etc.) and lost. As the loser, he had to immediately resign. Of course he had an outrageous "golden parachute" to make a very soft landing. (It wasn't $100 million but it was very healthy.) The corporate culture does not take very kindly to a loser and I would guess a loser's wife. I just don't think it's viable to navigate the political landscape of the company after something like this happens.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I think your right Hwest. Julie had people gunning for her long before this Les mess. Many people believe she got where she is not on talent or because she deserved it but because of who she was married to.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Maybe with both of them gone, Big Brother will make some changes and become a better show and not the same ole same ole or maybe it will just be cancelled. Time will tell.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EvelDick Verified account @EvelDick
2h2 hours ago
More
Les Moonves Reportedly Stepping Down as CBS CEO http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/09/les-moonves-stepping-down-resigning-cbs-ceo-allegations-exit-talks/ … via @TMZ

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope Julie comes out on top of both shows. (Big Brother and The Talk.)

I like her and I think she does a good job.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This could be the end of Big Brother.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If the ratings justify it, they'll get a new host. And I kind of think a fresh face would do it good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ronan Farrow Verified account @RonanFarrow
18m18 minutes ago
More
New: 3 hours after this story ran, CNN reported Moonves will step down. We can now report that he will no longer receive any exit compensation, pending outcome of investigation, and that a portion of those funds will go to #MeToo causes. Updates here:

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping this is the end of Grodner and Kass regime. They totally ruined this show over the years. I would love for a new producer and casting director to come in and shake it up. If that means Julie has to go, then so be it. Whatever it takes to get rid of Grodner and Kass.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
BB was a pet project for the Bosses wife. I just don't see CBS picking it up for next summer with Julie as the host. Since BB is a worldwide franchise there is a good chance another network could take up the show with its current host. Time will tell but I hope we don't lose our guilty summer pleasure. Needless to say if this show is gone the HG's won't get hired to compete on the other CBS reality shows like Amazing Race or Survivor. Julie and Les's pet HG's got a shot at the other reality shows in the lineup. I don't see that happening now. Changes are coming.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I don’t know why it should be the end of B.B. it’s been a pretty successful show for them plus they get money from us live feeders. They may get a new host but I think that would be a good thing Julie seems to have grown tired of it.
There are a few house guests that would be a great host.
I vote for my hunny bunny. 😊😊😉😉

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm curious how an independent investigation will be performed against allegations of acts that took place up to 30 plus years ago. Seems it would be the word of the accuser(s) versus the accused. Not like there would be eyewitnesses.
I hope the investigation can get to the truth, but do think we are in a scary world where treatment is no longer based on "innocent until proven guilty".

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I think maybe it’s just because the time of victim blaming is coming to an end. People are now gaining the courage to speak up.
People still blame the victim saying they could have should have done something different.
But any woman who dared to try to play in a mans world knows how it worked back then.
I’m very happy our voices are getting stronger and now we are becoming unafraid to be heard.

Annie

08-15-2009

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Nothing against Julie... but if she has to leave or requests to leave, I would love to see the following happen..

Yes, they live in Colorado and, yes, he already has his own local show, but WHAT IF Jeff and Jordan Co-Host Big Brother together?

I would totally vote for that. *grin*

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
As a former employee of CBS for over 15 years, all I can say is good riddance to pervert Les. The homewrecker Julie can go with him. Employees and the industry have known about Les for years. I know plenty of people who are jumping for joy.

Julie is a horror to deal with and never lets you forget that she's the bosses wife. No one in journalism has much respect fir her and she treats people horribly. She slept her way to the top and the industry knows that.

Les may not get a penny with the six new allegations that surfaced today. If Julie leaves, BB will be fine. It doesn't cost much to produce and is a cash cow for the network. Anyone can host it as BB is actually about the contestants.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
I've heard rumors that if Julie leaves, Ross Matthews would be a conterder for host.

Annie

08-15-2009

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
I LOVE ROSS MATTHEWS.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Govols

07-18-2005

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Ross!!!!!!

Cinapoo1958

05-11-2006

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinapoo1958 a private message Print Post    
I just started watching the first episode of Australian Survivor, which in my opinion is far better than U.S. Survivor, and who to my surprise is on there.....Russell Hantz. I always was amazed by him and will be glad to watch him again. Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders.