TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Outside the House News: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 31, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Do you have to be a part of the #metoo movement to not stand for assault or abuse of any kind? I just thought that was being human.

Ditto on the phones thing! I'm glad the sins of my youth were not documented, because there were many and most of them quite embarrassing.

Patty9755

07-18-2006

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Patty9755 a private message Print Post    
I'm not a touchy-freely person, either. I would have a hard time accepting that behavior from someone I hardly know whether I was in the BB house or not. I feel that letting someone touch you when it makes you uncomfortable but don't discourage it opens the door to further touching and, possibly, an escalation of that kind of behavior. I can hug my son and grandson and my family, but I don't go up and grab an old friend in a hug. I think Angela put up with Haleigh's stroking her hair so as not to be rude and give Haleigh ammunition to talk about Angela being a b*tch behind her back. I was taught to respect another person's space. And, I don't think Haleigh is sincere in her show of affection. JMHO

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Haliegh's need for constant stroking and being stroked is weird to me. I can understand once in awhile, but it is nonstop with her.

I've decided that it is just a bad habit equivalent to her nail biting habit. She needs to stop both but I'll try not to let it bother me.

I'll try, but I can't promise anything.

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
She loves her hair played with and stroked but has said a few times she is getting it cut when she gets out of the house drastically.. I dont believe that as much as she loves it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I do think that it depends on how receptive the other person would be to getting touched...for instance was Tyler receptive to JC kissing him, no matter how innocently (Tyler does think JC has a crush on him and I suspect he's right...after all...have the women on this page have a crush on him!)? Is Angela receptive to Tyler kissing her, albeit on the forehead?

As I've said before, we live in a strange world.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This is just wrong ... Meg Maley Verified account @megmaley
3h3 hours ago
More
I really hope this is not true. BB has a special place in my heart and opened so many doors for me. I can only wish that upon every other houseguest and fan! Whether u like each other or not, we all a fam! #bb20

https://soapdirt.com/big-brother-spoilers-faysal-business-destroyed-bb20

Big Brother 20 houseguest Faysal Shafaat (Fessy) will leave the BB20 house to find that internet trolls destroyed his app business. Toxic Big Bother “fans” banded together to give Fessy’s fitness app low-ranked 1-star reviews to intentionally harm him. The effect has severely damaged downloads and sales.

Many sites like Reddit have come to Fessy’s aid and posted warnings that anyone attempting to organize efforts to harm personalities on any show will be immediately and permanently ...

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
https://torontosun.com/entertainment/television/the-house-saw-me-as-a-better-physical-competitor-big-brothers-faysal-shafaat-reacts-to-his-elimination

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This is why I think we need to be kinder to the houseguests. The ramifications are huge.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it's not true about "Fessy Fitness." It's ranked as 4.5 out of 5. It's also a free app, so dunno how his "sales" could be damaged. At least the app on iTunes is free.

It's ranked 4.6 on Google Play, and it's free there as well.

I have both devices.

I had scrolled thru a bunch of the reviews a week ago and honestly, the reviews are ALL fake. Even the 5 star reviews. The app is a joke. I posted about it here. It just has his name on it. Period. The UI is a joke. It's really poorly designed.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
And as for Faysal's goodbye interview, he has a wee bit of a bloated impression of himself.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, it is true, it's just that other people are fighting back:

Bridget Fredericks
August 29, 2018
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the app. The design is overall fairly poor. But ruining someone's business because you don't like them as they appear on a game show is ridiculous. This app had a 5 star overall ranking before he went on Big Brother so obviously people liked it. Let's help th...
Jason Weinberg
August 30, 2018
Any 1 star rating SHOULD be carefully viewed as Big Brother fans are downgrading the app because they don't like him on a game show. BB fans should be embarrassed and ashamed at their attempt to ruin someone's business. Please download and try the app for yourself. Do NOT rely on the 1 or 2 star rev...
A Google user
August 30, 2018
To be honest, I don't use this app but it was 5 stars before all the redneck trolls decided to 1 star just cause of a stupid show. Leaving a 5 star to help out a little. Goodluck fessy
Morgan Palmer
August 21, 2018
Seriously people, 1 star rating an app over Big Brother? So messed up. Petty children. I'm leaving a 5 star to help cancel out you daft... who think this is appropriate.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I think Fessy was a silly goof ball in the house. I found some of his actions in the house inappropriate. But I don’t think that gives anyone the right to try to hurt him outside of the house.
People need to get a life. It’s a game folks. It’s a game. Don’t take it personal.
I really don’t like some people in the house but I would never take it outside of the house and wish them harm in real life.
We have seen it happen before and I have never thought it was fair.
If you were watch by cameras for days you probably whould show some traits that would not normally be revealed for public viewing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's also a free app, so dunno how his "sales" could be damaged.

Free apps make money through advertising, after installation sales, upgrades and many other means.

Just because the app is free, doesn't mean it isn't monetized.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure, it is RARE to have an app or site that is truly free, that doesn't mine you for data, use it, sell it.

(in fact, TVCH is one of those unusual sites)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah, just read above about Fessy's site. That stinks. With Amazon they have the tag verified user? buyer? In other words at least you bought an item that you are reviewing.

But for a site like Fessy's.. granted, he took a chance by going to live on the internet, basically, and put himself out there in the way he did and then mention his website.. but still that isn't an excuse to try to bring it down. Methinks there could be some messed up "reasons".

If someone doesn't like him, just don't patronize his site.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
He didn't have that many reviews until a couple of weeks ago. I looked at the app. Honestly, it really is a "crap app" and not in the way BB meant! LOL

As far as "Fessy's business," I highly doubt it's much his business as his face and name. It's been developed and posted by someone else.

Faysal has been trying to gain "fame and fortune" by appearing on TV (American Ninja Warrior) and now BB. He's not got much street cred with either. But I really doubt this is his "business..."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I agree, but I wouldn't trash someone's crap business unless it was like Adam and and drug dealing.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh I wouldn't either, I'm just saying, the news is a bit extreme. Just like the news about JC yesterday. This is like National Inquirer headlines in the 21st century. It's clickbait headlines.

"His" app has a massive amount of fake positive reviews -- far more than the fake negative reviews. But no one is complaining about those fak reviews. Because I guarantee you that not that many people downloaded and have been using that crap app. I downloaded it, took one look, and removed it within a half hour. It's really useless.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know how many reviews he had, but someone is taking the time to answer honest concerns, so *someone* is being hurt by this.

And if you're right, and it's not Fessy's app... it's even WORSE that people are doing this!

You may not find the app useful, that doesn't mean those who work out in gyms (guys like my kid) wouldn't find it so.

the positive fake reviews are trying to bring the score back up, in retaliation to the negative ones that brought it down.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So many people out there have no integrity.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RE: JC INCIDENT - naturally the article isn't quite accurate.
Brian Porreca Verified account @bbrianthelion
10m10 minutes ago
More
CBS has issued a statement from executive producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan. #BB20 https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-producers-step-contestant-is-accused-sexual-misconduct-1138757

Sources close to the production have revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that all parties involved have been spoken to. No official complaints were made by either Crispen or Broucher and were said to not feel threatened or unsafe by Mounduix's actions.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Two things of note in the Grodner statement:
1. Tyler and Haleigh both stated "that they in no way felt threatened, unsafe or sexually harassed."
2. There was nothing in the article that Haleigh and JC were playing around or pranking each other. Or even that it was a game. It still sounds as if JC started it with Haleigh which we now know isn't true.

And more than ANYTHING, that pisses me off.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Kar, it's really just a connection app. It's kind of stupid. If you want to connect with someone while you work out, um... look up. Talk to the person who's lifting next to you. You don't need an app to socialize.

I work out 3x/week in a gym where there are serious weight lifters and those who go just to connect (the chatty cathys). If you are friendly, you can meet people who will help you with your workout. (I lift for a reason, so I'm usually working with a trainer.) You don't need an app to "connect" with someone in a gym.

Bubbles_larue

07-07-2011

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bubbles_larue a private message Print Post    
Just saw on ENEWS that they reported the scandal of JC and Tyler (their words) along with the video of JC kissing a sleeping Tyler on the neck and they asked for a comment from CBS but as of the shows airing they did not receive a response. I wonder if JC will be asked about this when he leaves the show.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Bubbles: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-producers-step-contestant-is-accused-sexual-misconduct-1138757