TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Just Talking. No game but other stuff

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Just Talking. No game but other stuff users admin

• Members Room • Community Corner • General Discussions • 
 • News & Views • Library • Movies • Games • Big Brother • 
 • Vocal Talent Shows • Survivor! • Other Reality Shows • TV Shows

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 31, 2018Mameblanche25 08-31-18  8:46 am
Archive through September 02, 2018Firebird0525 09-02-18  7:04 pm
Archive through September 10, 2018Wahmmy25 09-10-18  10:40 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
And Sea, BTW, I saved most of the soup and the dogs enjoyed the rest. And I recommend the Modern Caprese panini! Fantastic!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Sorry you have been feeling so bad Wammy. Being in physical hell is certainly something I can understand. I was just talking to hubby about that today and said how sad I was to be where I am physically when I just got the time to enjoy my own life instead of always taking care of others.
Hope your surgeries go well and you feel better.

On the other hand Panera soup is really good. My son inlaw use to manage there. I really like thier bagels and bread too. At least you can’t spill bagels. Well I can but that’s a whole different story.
Good luck. I wish you well.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Whammy, I am sorry you have to go through all this.

I hope you get better soon.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Whammy, on the bright side, No doctors were involved in this story!

After the accident, I was expecting that an ambulance had to be called and you were back in the hospital. When you said you were driving to Paneras, I was screaming to myself, "NO! GO HOME!"

Then I was expecting that somebody hit you in the parking lot. When you made it in there safely, I sighed in relief. But, Nooo! You had to get soup!

When you dunked that sandwich and it spilled, I was expecting that you ended up with third degree burns. (It happened to a friend's mother). Thank goodness you only spilled it. But you still had to make it home!

Thankfully, you made it home safely and I can relax now.

Next time you go out, wrap yourself up in bubble wrap, put a football helmet on and let somebody over the age of 30 drive.

Now I'm off to make the zuchinni bread that Lmammon posted for me awhile back so I can burn off my adrenaline.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Thanks all and Grooch, you really made me laugh.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Wahmmhy, {hugs} What a day!

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Is there an area on TVCH where people discuss books?

I realize it is not TV based but just wondering.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Yes, Wahmmy, we have a library section. Just click on "Reality TVClubhouse Discussions" at the top of this page. Then look for the library thread toward the bottom of the page. Sorry I'd give you a link but my tablet is being a pain.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jmm.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's a link for you:

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/8324/8324.html?1536684257

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Okay, I have to laugh and think this thread was created for me. I get distracted by all the shiny things people point out. I do that here not in real life though. In real life I am very focused.

My first attempt with Costa's popcorn was kind of a 50/50 success.

My microwave is over 25 years old so adjustments have to be made several times. The corn that popped was GREAT! I had a lot of those Old Maids that didn't get popped but, I kind of like those and they were close to being burned but I liked the kind of smokey taste and crunch that was in them.

Buy a new microwave you say? As long as I can make adjustments I think I am good.

Like the old wrist watches. You would get one that was great but it lost time every 24 hours. once you knew it did that you made adjustments and had the correct time.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
My little grandson called me to tell me his cheese jokes.
One was what do you call Chez Wiz that’s not yours.
You know the answer .😁 Notcho cheese.
Then came what do you call sad cheese.
Blue cheese. All with a frowney face.

Whammy popcorn is hard. I still use the stove top method from the stone age. 🙃

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
This should put a smile on everyones face:
The return of mary poppins

https://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningAmerica/videos/724930371177748/

Ark

07-09-2001

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I thought I was having a bad week last week but I think you have me beat Whammy. My father-in-law was driving his boss around years ago and his car accelerated on it own and it couldn't be stopped. He turned into a car dealership and hit a bunch of cars. His bosses sternum was broken. The company he worked for called him to get his account of the accident for their newsletter and he told them his bosses scrotum was broken. We about died when we read the newsletter and I'm sure his boss did too.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
did not read the long discussion from last night until today. But, I wanted to add my observations that I found working as a nurse for 40 years and an ICU nurse for 20.

After sitting and holding the hands of so many dying patients. I wondered why they were alone when we knew there was family around.

It finally dawned on me after about the end of the first year working in ICU. We had NO idea what had done on those 60-80 years before. We only knew what we saw when and after they were admitted. Occasionally we would have a detailed history that would clue us in to what the reason was.To us many of them seemed like very sweet nice people, grateful for the care we provided for them.

Whether it was mental illness or abuse, something happened that the children had permanently severed themselves from a relationship with this person.

I have 5 siblings and in last 7 years, well actually the moment my mother drew her last breath I disconnected myself from 4 of them. I am very close to my youngest sister. We text each other constantly. Her husband was dying in April and my own poor health, oxygen 24/7 and severe weakness prevented me from going to her town and being with her. The last thing she needed was another sick person in her life at that point. It was horrible. But, we texted constantly. She would text me with medical questions or just when she needed a boost of sister talk.

The other 4 siblings I haven;t spoken to in 7 years and amazing as it is. I have not run into them anywhere when I was out. We live in the same town and in the same area of town to boot.I would not go to the hospital if they were dying or donate an organ to any of them if they needed an organ or anything. They feel the same way about me and it seems to be a mutual feeling we have and no one is worse for it.

When she had the life celebration for my brother in law, several of them came to it but I spoke to only one of them and that was when she had opened her arms to give me a hug and I turned away from her.A sister in law, who I believe is the spawn of Satan himself did the same thing and I turned away from her as well. She had gone out of her way to make my son's life hell at times.

The sister that reached out to me messaged me later in the week telling me she was sorry that we did not have a chance to talk. I messaged her back and as distantly as I could told her that making false gestures when for years before, there was no exchange at a time when people were emotional due to the death of my brother in law, who was a wonderful amazing man, was just that false.I went into more description of that since the post is too long already.

But, when I die I don't expect and do not want them at my deathbed to say whatever they feel they must to release them from any guilt they feel.

So, you never know what has transpired in people's lives to make them act the way they do or to harbor whatever thoughts and beliefs they hold.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Wahmmy, I totally understand. A DNA strand is not a reason to keep toxic people in your life. It's sad that this happens. I have people say, "But that's your family." They can't possibly understand and they are lucky to have the type of family life that makes it so they can't understand. Your sibs are missing out!

Smevic

08-07-2008

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smevic a private message Print Post    
I well understand distancing yourself from toxic family members but, cutting them off completely is something I can't do...my mom and dad would not want that. My brother is a murderer and more, finishing his life in prison...I get to take him his last homecooked meal this weekend and say goodbye...we do what we can live with.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think everyone needs to make their own decisions in these cases, and we should allow them to do so without judging.

My parents and brother had serious issues, and did some awful things. Still I chose to stay in touch (at a distance) until they all passed. That's what made ME feel better.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Everyone must make their own decision. There may be a difference in what we view as toxic. In my case toxic is because of how they abused me. I still stand by my brother who is out now but is a felon. He did not do what he did, to me physically. My life is so peaceful when my PTSD (diagnosed) is not being triggered.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: