TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2018: CBB - 2018 Summer Season: General Discussion: Archive through August 21, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Season starts August 17th. Thanks for the reminder, Kitt! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This year the Celebrity show is on before the main show.

CBB is going to be four weeks, and the main show will start a couple of days later.

And there is talk of this being the last CBB, as it hasn't been renewed yet and suffered bad ratings last time.

US celebrities rumoured to be on (but at this point a lot of these are guesses) are Stormy Daniels , Kirsty Alley, Meghan Markle's sister Samantha and Scott Disick (Kourtney Kardashian's ex).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is any one going to watch? Starts today!

1-3.05pm Launch Show
3.05-4pm BOTS
Can't see any listing for Live from the House

Fri17 1-2pm CBB
Fri17 3.05-4pm BOTS

Sat18 2-3.05pm CBB

Sun18 1-2pm CBB

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The houseguest list has been "confirmed," but not sure if they mean through gossip or through the show. But it's meant to be the following:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Stormy Daniels
Kirstie Alley
Sally Morgan (psychic)
Gabby Allen (reality)
Roxanne Pallett (Emmerdale actress)
Dan Osbourne (reality)
Chloe Ayling (model who was kidnapped in Italy)
Jermaine Pennant (footballer)
Ryan Thomas (Coronation Street actor)
Rodrigo Alves (Human Ken Doll)
Natalie Nunn (US reality)
Ben Jardine (reality)
Nick Leeson (jailed for forgery, now motivational speaker)
"Mystery 14th contestant," possibly Meghan Markle's sister

I'm going to try to watch it, but not live, for the first contestant.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
Hi Kitt, I sure plan to watch if I can find it on YouTube. It is a crazy one for sure, but I have watched every season. See you here hopefully. . .

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm relying on youtube too, but I might not get to it until the weekend.

So the first contestant in the "official" list above didn't enter... no Stormy Daniels! Probably wise as she would have to hold her tongue on a lot of things.

These were the actual housemates:

HM#1 Kirstie Alley - will be house "President"
HM#2 Ryan Thomas (Coronation Street actor)
HM#3 Jermaine Pennant (footballer)
HM#4 Chloe Ayling (model who was kidnapped in Italy)
HM#5 Rodrigo Alves (Human Ken Doll)
HM#6 Dan Osbourne (reality)
HM#7 Gabby Allen (reality)
HM#8 Hardeep Singh Kohli (speaker and author)
HM#9 Ben Jardine (reality)
HM#10 Roxanne Pallett (Emmerdale actress)
HM#11 Sally Morgan (psychic)
HM#12 Natalie Nunn (US reality)
HM#13 Nick Leeson (jailed for forgery, now motivational speaker)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here's a You Tube link for launch night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUvAMYltcHw

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Friday, August 17, 2018 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
I did enjoy "Launch Night" ... Ryan Thomas was my favorite, so I was happy he was elected VP. I liked his smile and who he seems to be . . . I always pick a favorite on Launch Night, seems like lots of others thought the same.

I could not find BOTS last night . . . Did anyone else find it on YouTube or somewhere else?

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, August 17, 2018 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Needlenose - - I watched it on You Tube last night. I will send the link in a PM to you.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 17, 2018 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Rieann, thank you very much for the youtube link, would love to see the next ep as well.
The house seems a lot of fun, they invested quite a bit of money for something they don't think of continuing, I heard that this was the last BB. I'll try my BBviewer, I had fun watching this before.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Sent you some you tube links in case you need them Spunky

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Sarasmile, I received the links. I now have the youtube link bookmarked and will keep watching the next episodes as well. I have the BBviewer but I only see the 'eye'. Kitt posted the air time but I am not sure if it's a local time, east, west, or mountain. I'll keep checking.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The tv times I posted are board time (Pacific), i.e. today's episode starts in about 50 minutes.

If I forget to post the tv times and you find a UK listing, you subtract 8 hours for Pacific time or 5 hours for East time. So a 10pm UK showing would be 2pm PT or 5pm ET.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I've got the BBviewer on and I see a quiz show with that Italian chef, so I guess BB will start at 3 pm my time.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Okay, I've been watching but I don't seem to enjoy it as in the past, this President of the house seems to me a mockery of the US President, and even if Trump is used to that now, it's the American anthem that was ridiculed with that atrocious singing. They could be comedians or whatever but they could have left the American anthem out of that ridiculous inaugural ball.
It's all done in very bad taste.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Live tv schedule for the week, times are Pacific (board) time.

Mon20 1-2pm CBB
Mon20 3.05-4.05pm BOTS

Tue21 1-2pm CBB
Tue21 3-4.05pm BOTS
Tue21 4.05-5pm Live from the House

Wed22 1-2pm CBB
Wed22 3-4.05pm BOTS

Thu23 1-2pm CBB
Thu23 3.05-4pm BOTS

Fri24 1-2.35pm CBB: Live Eviction
Fri24 2.35-3.35pm BOTS
Fri24 3.35-4.15pm Live from the House

Sat25 2-3.05pm CBB

Sun26 1-2pm CBB

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Hi Spunky - I am now watching Saturday's show. I don't watch Big Brother for politics. I wonder if they decided on the 'White House' theme because Stormy Daniels was supposed to be one of the house guests? It doesn't make sense to me why they chose that theme when the majority are not from the US.

I will give it another episode or two but if it keeps going in that direction, I'm out. (After seeing the preview for tonight's show about building 'a wall' I don't think I will be watching after tonight).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm still only part way through the launch show, so don't know quite what they're doing, but Trump and his antics are a big story everywhere, so news in the UK too.

Or is it because Kirstie Alley (the American) is the President? I think in the past they've used other terms for the HOH.

Sweetshell

08-02-2018

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sweetshell a private message Print Post    
I do like the show...it's way different from what US does. I have to say, I don't care for one of them...detest...not going to spoil it for everyone. But, she can leave and it's not Kirstie, which surprises me.

Sweetshell

08-02-2018

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sweetshell a private message Print Post    
I actually like the camaraderie of most of the housemates... There is good give and take and I think the White House thing is being forced on them..not their fault.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't caught up but I saw that Stormy Daniels is in the UK and on chat shows at the moment. I think she's going to be some kind of guest housemate, so that might be another reason for the "president" theme.

Sweetshell

08-02-2018

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sweetshell a private message Print Post    
No, there is an after show I've found on Youtube that is from the producers...like off the block but it's on everyday. They indicated that Stormy wanted to only be there for one night and the show declined her request. She's not on, at least as of right now. Haven't seen the Markle lady either.

Sweetshell

08-02-2018

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sweetshell a private message Print Post    
Replay plus is the channel on YouTube.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do you mean Bit On The Side, or a separate show? On my tv times list, "BOTS" is the Bit On The Side show. There's also a show with live streaming which I call "Live from the House," which is usually on very late for them (so often the hms are asleep) on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Maybe Stormy's part of some task then? Otherwise it's awfully coincidental that she's in the UK at the same time as CBB.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Stormy will not be on the show. She is in the middle of a custody dispute and didn’t want to commit to the time she may be on the show. I think she also wanted to be able to talk to her daughter while in the house. She agreed to go in on launch night - but not stay the night. Big Brother decided that was not something they wanted to do so they told her she wouldn’t go in.
She ended up on Loose Women the next am explaining what happened - there’s a clip on you tube of that.