TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Outside the House News: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 18, 2018 users admin

Ark

07-09-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Someone at Jokers took Julie's statement and substituted Rockstar's name for Angela's and Swaggy's name for Brett. The statement made much more sense to me then.

I don't know if anyone here watches Vanderpump Rules but I do and in the upcoming season a new bar/restaurant called TomTom will be opening. Someone was in the bar/restaurant the other night and Corey Brooks from BB18 is a bartender there. On this show the bartenders often become part of the storyline.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
So Angela is a mean girl, but Brett is playing a part. SMH

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Wow Julie. Even if a certain HG is not her favorite or their game play not her style.. she should recognize they are all playing a game and she should be a place of emotional protection for the cast.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
She should recuse herself from either Angela's eviction interview and/or hosting the finale. She has exposed that she can do neither with any integrity.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Julie's comments were harsh, but I think if you are a mean girl, it's innate. There are plenty of girls who do competitive sports who don't end up mean girls. Look at the Olympic gymnasts. Lots of people have really crappy childhoods and they are still warm people. I don't like Angela at all and I don't watch feeds. So maybe CBS doesn't like her much either because they are not giving TV viewers much to go on to warm up to her. She just seems like an entitled mean girl that we all remember from high school.

I would love more jury house footage!

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
I personally am of he view that the CBS network episodes of Big Brother are the "fake news" version of the game. It's fine if you want to watch and pick favorites that way, but, as you acknowledged, you are allowing CBS to pick your favorite. The show very rarely reflects reality. It can't. It's 3 hours trying to cover 168 hours, with the most important hours, the post-veto hours, getting the least time.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't consider Angela a mean girl or entitled, now Rockstar is a different story. IMO

Ark

07-09-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Brenda, Angela rarely says anything mean to anyone in the house. When people told her what RS was saying about her she didn't get mad, she just laughed. She's quiet but she does engage in conversations with everyone in the house. I've never heard any of L6 call anyone in the house MFers or anything else that some of the people in Foutte have called the people in L6.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Julie's comments were so unfair, RS (Angie) was the meanest vulgar person in the house. The things she said about white people and entitled people without ever talking to Bret or Angela were uncalled for.

If you look at the polls out there Angela is in the top four and RS is in the bottom 4.

Julie Chen needs to remain neutral or pass the job on to some other person.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
CBS just may pass that job on to someone else if the show even continues depending if Les stays or goes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
KSwheels, ty for your perspective on Angela, it makes me see her differently. I am a tv only watcher but I read about the feeds here and at FB. So I cant stand Angela and think she is nasty when she doesnt have to be but now I understand why. I still say she didnt have to be so mean to Rachel, that was just cruel.

I will now try and watch her with your perspective in mind. ty!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have a full time job and a kid so live feeds are out of the question, but it is interesting how CBS chooses to edit people. I don't really care for Rockstar but I don't have a hugely negative view of her. She looked kind of trashy to me, so that's my expectation of her. Why CBS hasn't painted her as more horrible, to reflect how she really is in the house, is a bit of a mystery because she doesn't have any Hollywood appeal. She will disappear. Hopefully. LOL.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Brenda - You saw "On my daughter's birthday!" after Brett gave that speech? That wasn't a momentary anger fit. That was her personality.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ugh. I thought she had every reason to be mad at that moment. I would have been furious too. But if she's like that all the time, that's too much. She does cry a lot too! Not a likeable person overall it seems.

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I watch the feeds and dont find Angela to be a mean girl at all. I can see how tv viewers would have been taken back by her goodbye messages but RS was constantly telling everyone the she felt Angela was all sorts of terrible. Angela never said anything to RS. She was always smiles and nice to RS. But, RS simply didnt like that she was an attractive successful white girl.

Ark

07-09-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
BB casts character archetypes every year and try very hard to edit the person they've chosen as the particular archetype they were chosen for.

Haleigh was cast as their sweetheart this year. They wanted another Nicole but Haleigh is far from a Nicole. She has a filthy mouth and is all over most of the men in there.

Rockstar was cast as their fun older woman. She was anything but fun. She was angry and self righteous and hypocritical. She never engaged with those on the other side of the house. She basically sat in her own little group and said evey nasty thing she could think of about anyone that she felt had an easier life than she did. BTW her dad was a lawyer and she's traveled Europe. That fake accent TV viewers her in her DRs is just that, fake. She doesn't speak like that in normal conversations.

Angela was cast as their female comp beast but she hasn't come through for them. That may be why they are portraying her so poorly on the TV show. She isn't a big personality but is is an integral part of her alliance and is very loyal to them. That doesn't translate well to TV viewers. She seems to be there more to play the game than for making a TV show.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Agree with Ark and Bon.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I like Angela and don’t see her as a mean girl. I think Angela was really hurt more than angry at Rachel. Angela said she really hasn’t had many close girl friends. She became very close to Rachel. A lot us made fun of them because where you saw one you saw the other. They spent most of their time with each other. Than the first chance Rachel got she stabbed Angela in the back for no reason.

As for RS. Ugg every word that came out of her mouth was ugly. She whined, cried, complained the entire time. She called Angela every name in the book when Angela had not said one word about her or done anything to her. RS hated her from the beginning . RS never even tried to get to know her and based her feelings on her own skewed beliefs.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
I thought Rockstar should have been mad about about Brett’s LIE, but her daughter’s birthday had nothing to do with it, which is why we all laughed. First of all, it was the day BEFORE the birthday, second, her kid was NOT there, Brett did not ruin the day, and third, since when are personal days off limits for gameplay?! THIS is why I couldn’t stand RS, SHE felt “entitled,” then projected it onto those she judged. I hope I never see rags in someone’s hair ever again...and to think she called it “fairy hair...”.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
People who are not "mean people" can be mean sometimes.

I always remind myself that these folks are in a very artificial environment, and it may not bring out the best in them. Some people need their anchors in life, their trusted people, to stay stable. And that's perfectly okay.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Wow, Julie. Pot calling the kettle black, huh? I wonder how much Julie is actually watching the show at all this season, or if her own personal life has interfered with the show. That was completely uncalled for and totally untruthful. The mean girl in that scenario, was Angie "Rockstar" Lantry, who, every chance she had, bad mouthed and cursed about Angela. She never once even tried to get to know Angela at all. She made an assumption about her from the get-go (young, pretty, white) and after that just continued to make an a-s-s out of herself. Ms. Lantry is bitter and jealous. And if Ms Lantry truly was the pagan witch as she proclaims so many times, she would be open and happy and kind and full of love. I saw none of that with her. In fact, exactly the opposite. She was judgemental and critical with a foul mouth and an entitled attitude. I know she won't learn from this experience, and I'm sad that this was the example she set for her children. I hope those kids come out on the right side (maybe being around real pagans, they will).

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
ITA Costa! Well said! I just can’t get over the fact that RS has been OBSESSED with Angela all game, judging her looks, her work ethic, her upbringing and making assumptions about how much money Angela/her family has, her “expensive” apartment, her car, she assumes Angela has not worked hard for what she has. Pretty much EVERYTHING about Angela’s life she’s made up her mind on even though she’s not bothered to get to know her at all.

And I have not heard Angela make one comment about Rockstar being a pagan or witch, her boyfriend, her kids or her life. Angela just doesn’t instinctively bash other people EVEN after she’s heard that RS has talk trash about her!! She just laughs it off and and doesn’t defend herself against RS and doesn’t attack Rockstar. She’s made two “mean” GBM more than likely meant for “show”. And her comment to RS was only using the words that RS has already spewed about her.

I am soooo disappointed in Julie Chen’s choice to respond that way. She couldn’t be more wrong about Angela.

Also Costa, it warms my heart that you seem to have a positive outlook on pagans/witches. I’m not sure if you said something like that before in the Lf thread (I swear I saw that someone commented positively about it at some point) and I really wanted to reply and say thank you for being so accepting of it! So many have misinformed opinions so it was nice to see. Thanks :-)

Tk27

07-04-2004

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
I take what Julie says with a grain of salt.

Her hardest hitting interview ever on BB was against Aaryn because of her making fun of Chinese eyes.

However Baileigh can out right say I hate white people............. and not a word just crickets

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Love your assessment Kswheels (at 11:21 AM). I'm not a big fan of Angela, but I've taught a LOT of teens and she does not come of as mean so much as determined to make sure she isn't taken advantage of. I see most of her "meanness" as a reaction rather than her natural personality. Her natural personality was the low key one we saw initially, until she felt disrespected, imo.

Julie Chen is usually not so specifically judgmental. She usually qualifies things or says things that show she's speaking for a certain portion of the audience, not necessarily herself. She's had it rough lately so I'll give her a bit of a pass until I see how she handles Angel's interview (if Angela is evicted.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KSWheels you are totally correct about the shows, they don't even use footage only from the week, they have edited in conversations that happened weeks ago to give only viewers certain impressions of people. IMO Angela is a very nice person and not a mean girl.

Agree with you all about how awful Angie is, plus if Angela is entitled why didn't Angie notice how "entitled" Baylieghs life was (based on the HOH photos, even Sam commented). Angie just got fixated on Angela, plus didn't Sam point out to Angie that all the things she thought made Angela entitled were the same she (angie) had said about Brett? I think Agnie/RS just made up a set of facts and used them to describe everyone she thought was entitled.

Oh and this....
Bigbrothergossip @bigbrothrgossip
5h5 hours ago
More
Julie's interview certainly proves her interns aren't completely filling her in on what's happening on the feeds. RS spends an entire week whining about how Angela is so entitled, but Angela is the angry one? Oh please.