TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Outside the House News: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 10, 2018 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Bayleigh quit her job so that she could go on Big Brother. Her parents tried to talk her out of it. (I can't remember where I read that, but it was in an interview.)

Chris lives in Connecticut but is currently in Los Angeles. He claimed to be a basketball player, a day trader, and a babysitter on the weekends. Someone on reddit found his day trader balance and it was paltry. So he may dabble in day trading but he isn't making a living on it.

FWIW, Brett also inflated his "cyber security engineer" thing. He sells the software. He's not developing it. A big huge difference. The sales guys I've worked with? I'm 1000 times more technical than they are, and I'm not a developer!

So there you go...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Bay an airline stewardess? Who quits that job to go on BB?

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
With her poor "people skills" I doubt she really liked it.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Lexie, she claimed to be a flight attendant, but there were some who said she didn't exactly have the look. She claims it in her Linked In profile, but you can put anything you want in your profile. By her own admission, she doesn't like people and has pretty horrid people skills. Her LI profile doesn't list much else by way of jobs or job skillz. I suspect that she may have thought being a flight attendant would be all glamor and glitz and it turned out to be a lot of grunt. You have to really put in a lot of work to get to the premium routes (i.e. you don't just get to smile your way to international flights, and with her 'tude, I wouldn't trust her smile anyway). Her "Miss Missouri" banner didn't get her winning anything further than that one banner. And she also didn't get fame and fortune with it either. I think going on BB was her last ditch effort for fame and fortune, but I think she's gonna get 15 minutes, and then turn into the huge infamous "worst HG ever of the season" type of fame.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Miss Congeniality, my heinie.

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
I don't mean to disagree, but on episode one they filmed her in a Delta uniform helping a customer and she was standing on the side of the counter where the employee's stand, behind a Delta ticket counter. I may be wrong, but I don't think in this day day and age of high airport security, I don't think delta would let a non employee stand behind their counter and in their official uniform no less.

As others have posted here, Flight Attendants get a lot of furlough time, I don't think she quit. But if she did it must have been after they filmed that shot.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Hahaha! Yes, IIRC she said she was a bit surprised or amused at that.

Indybarb

06-25-2005

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Indybarb a private message Print Post    
She may be someone who is a gate attendant... the person you check in with at your gate before you board the plane.

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
Yes, I thought about that too, I thought if you're the flight attendant why are they showing you as a gate attendant. LOL.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to find the article. What I *am* finding is she was trying to be an actress (in 2014), and that she's claimed to be a flight attendant and yoga instructor but recently has spent a lot of time trying to be Miss Universe or something. Take that and make of it what you will. And again, the flight attendant comes from her LI profile and what SHE has claimed to be. And what she has said in her Insta posts:

quote:

Case in point: This October 2017 Instagram post, where she described the following interaction with a passenger:

"[A] lady on the plane today (yes I’m still a flight attendant) went to the bathroom, wiped her hands and proceeded to try to hand me her dirty napkin while I was setting up the drink tray ... I said 'ma’am' (my fav word as a flight attendant) 'there is a garbage in the bathroom' ... not only did she get an attitude she still wouldn’t throw it away. Normally this would have upset me but today I just laughed hysterically because I know who I am... and even though I’m making drinks and picking up trash now, soon I will be making millions and picking up checks."

Indybarb

06-25-2005

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Indybarb a private message Print Post    
Well, that certainly sounds like a flight attendant. I will give her that.

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
Thanks Costacat!!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Whatever, I don't think Delta would allow her to show their emblems (she didn't in her intro piece) nor would they allow her to be photographed doing real work, would they? So anything she was shot doing (gate attendant, for example), was likely staged and fake.

As for the lady she refused to help? Many people in this day and age, and particularly on planes, use paper towels to open doors. 'Nuff said.

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
The reason I knew that it was a Delta uniform was there was another gate agent in the exact same uniform helping another person at the same counter in the background. Did not see an emblem, but it was the same navy vest over a yellow top.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
This wasn't where I read it, but here you go: scroll down to "11:22am bay and Sam" and you'll see where both Bayleigh and Sam talk about quitting their jobs.

https://www.onlinebigbrother.com/i-had-a-really-good-reputation-before-this-show-and-now-its-ruined/

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
I guess the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Baleigh's home town paper and home base for Delta Airlines did not know this, they did the following write up on her and called Delta Airlines, her employer. Is she lying to Sam about quiting or is she lying to others when she pretends she still works there???

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/first-impressions-atlanta-bayleigh-dayton-big-brother/N1yWFXQBljwkEMOI9lTjSK/

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
Thanks for finding that Costacat, She did talk about staying in L.A. with Swaggy C. for awhile if got an apartment, but as posters pointed out, where would Swaggy C. get the funds for an apartment, so it would not be shocking to find out that she has been bluffing to some that she is still with Delta. Maybe she is being honest with Sam.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Every single article that talks about her being a Delta flight attendant is from when she first entered the house and most of it is much the same content (i.e. likely from the press release issues by CBS/Big Brother). And again, Linked In. So if you look for her, you find her Linked In profile where she hasn't changed where she worked/works. Actually, if you look up Angie, hers is incorrect. Brett's does say sales... Kind of easy to find out the truth! (I couldn't find Chris's on LI but then I didn't look that hard.)

Since that was the second time I'd seen that info (the first was a posting and and interview about how her parents didn't want her to go on BB because she had to quit her job to go on it), I believe it. She is trying to "break into the biz" for sure. She's going to come across as being difficult and unless this is the persona she wants to portray, she may find it ain't easy.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Also the bit about Bayleigh being pregnant is now on US Weekly as well as Newsweek online, in addition to several other reality TV and online news rags.

I think the Newsweek is most appalling, where there's a tweet from Jessica from BB stating that there's nothing wrong with Bayleigh getting pregnant. Um girlfriend. You might want to check that. Having unprotected sex with a man YOU JUST MET on a reality tv show WITH CAMS EVERYWHERE and NOT ASKING FOR protection (either for an STD or for the morning after pill?). Girl, both of you are acting pretty darn stupid. At that point, I'm going to sound pretty cruel, but you get what you deserve if you think you can play without paying. You do NOT bring a child into this world without some serious thought about it, and you should not think abortion or adoption is an effective form of birth control. This is when you should think of others instead of yourself. (OK sorry, I'm off my platform!)

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
The more I think about the more I think you're right Costacat. It is always a surprise and mad rush on who they pick not a lot of time until press time and AG's office sends out just one Press Release. So the Local papers (not reality press) would not know she has quit, because they don't follow the feeds. Thanks for all the info Costacat!!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
ATL hasn't had any recent press about her since the end of June. I'm gonna guess she might be a bit persona non grata or Delta asked them not to say anything. Delta is a huge hub in ATL and could hold wave some advertising $$ around in exchange for silence as well. Because not all press is good press, no matter what people may say.

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
Oh I am very aware of Delta, being from Minneapolis and since they merged with Minneapolis-St. Paul based Northwest Airlines, we are a huge Delta hub too, not like Atlanta, of course. LOL

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, August 10, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
https://torontosun.com/entertainment/television/big-brothers-bayleigh-dayton-after-her-heated-eviction-angela-overestimated-me

Azriel

08-01-2000

Friday, August 10, 2018 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
If she is being interviewed by the press they can’t let her go back in the house can they?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, August 10, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
They have to be careful of the questions they ask her.