TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ep 21 - HOH and Noms

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Ep 21 - HOH and Noms users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 12, 2018Dipo25 08-12-18  5:36 pm
Archive through August 12, 2018Dipo25 08-12-18  5:50 pm
Archive through August 12, 2018Smt25525 08-12-18  6:11 pm
Archive through August 13, 2018Costacat24 08-13-18  5:32 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Thank you Tnbrat. I was thinking the same thing. With all the gory and gruesome movies out there, it's not that shocking to hear someone bring that up in conversation.

I wonder if Sam is having a hard time with the lack of 'real' sincerity in the house. I could be wrong but it just seems like she went into the house not realizing what this game is all about. She is feeling like the 'friendships' she has made has been all fake. This is just my guess from what I've seen and read.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Tnbrat, Maineiac - Thank you.

That is all.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Lost, I agree with you. When she was talking to JC, she had a coy expression on her face, but also sort of a teacher type of talk. But when she was angry and was talking about what she would do to everyone who done her wrong, that was serious "seeing red" and I wouldn't want to be in the same room with her at that time. When Haleigh told her what Angela had said (not even five minutes before), Sam was standing there shaking. If Angela had walked into the room, I could see Sam jumping her at that moment. I think even Haleigh was a bit shaken.

As far as "people on here," I'm sorry but that was not a small thing. That, along with the way she spoke about what she would do to the other houseguests, gives some real insight into Sam. Either she has some real anger issues or she has, as Lost has said, a twisted mind. Either way, it's not a small thing and, as JC said, it's pretty terrifying. Especially to have someone you are living with in close quarters talk to you about it.

Angelrsg

08-08-2005

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelrsg a private message Print Post    
Earlier in the season Sam also said that she would "stomp a mudhole on that (w)itch's (Kaitlin) back," and apologized right after.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Teeth on the street curb was used graphically in the Edward Norton movie. American History X.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So prim and proper Sam has been exposed as a fraud. I'm glad the producers decided to air bits and pieces last night so that "Sweet Sammy" is being shown in a much more true light. She's a bit more "Sweet and Sour" than sweet. (And you'd best be sleeping with one eye open if you crossed her during the day!)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm curious what lead up to Sam telling the story of the teeth on the curb? I don't watch the live feeds so I'm wondering the context.

Ark

07-09-2001

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Calimom, My daughter said she first heard of a curb stomp in American History X. I thought she was talking about a class she took. lol

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
I remember my one and only swim lesson from first grade, I later was taught by my parents. But there was no crush, Handsome/Cute Swim instructor. I just remember what the the pool looked like. LOL

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
The look that Tyler gave JC with eyes, says it all, about the normal Tyler thought Sam's story was.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly, Sam said this right after she had walked into the storage room and caught Hay and Fessy flirting. Jealous again??

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I remember a whole lot from kindergarten, first and second grade because my mother was dying and those are like my happiest childhood memories before she passed.

It's amazing what the human brain can recall, depending on the circumstances.

I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I clearly remember one of the nuns pulling down a girl's pants and spanking her in front of the whole class. At that young age, I was traumatized by it and will never forget it!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Miz, I'm not sure of the context when she was talking to JC and Tyler. They didn't show it on TV last night. She just started talking "Did you ever hear the term "stomp a mudhole" and it went on from there. I don't quite trust the editing but... if the timeline is correct, this was after Bayleigh was evicted and after Haleigh told Sam what Angela said about her. If so, it shows where Sam's head was at and the context (and that she was talking kind of sweet in that cute lil southern voice she has but if she was thinking those things, they were not random thoughts).

Trixie, I think my point was more along the lines of every single story that Sam tells has such detail and was just so traumatic to her young self. And every single one had something to do with her having some mad crush or something about someone or having some weird insecurity about herself so she ends up fishing for compliments and of course her audience takes the bait and "oh Sam but you know you are so beautiful and..." <gah>.

(Of course, I totally can't relate to swimming lessons. I grew up here in San Diego and learned to swim before I learned to walk. I'm not even sure I ever HAD swimming lessons! I was doing high dives before I was in 6th grade.)

Trixieq

07-19-2010

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixieq a private message Print Post    
We had just moved to San Diego, from Minnesota. Thus the need for swimming Lessons for me. LOL

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Haha! Yes, Trixie, you would for sure need swimming lessons here!

Rose, I'm not saying that there are things you can't remember from 5 or 6 years old. I'm saying that Sam's stories are... odd. I remember so many things from my early childhood as well, especially since those were the years when my father and mother were (presumably) happily married. It was a few years later that things went to hell, and I remember THOSE years as well, even tho I try to forget them!

I think the problem I had with Sam's storytelling of the five year old in the cute little black and gold bathing suit and the swim instructor was the implied sexual overtones while she was crushing on this poor man. It made my skin crawl a bit. (She went home, took that bathing suit off, never wore it again...)

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Costa, I didn't hear the story, so I don't know about the 'implied sexual overtones' - that sounds very odd and a little frightening and now I'm starting to wonder if maybe Sam was abused at a young age.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Rosem, I was just about to type the same thing. I'm getting the feeling that she might have looked up to the swim instructor more as a father figure or something and he might have abused her. She might have told somebody and that person blamed her and made her feel ashamed, hence the hiding of the bathing suit that she loved.

It sounds so sad.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I had thought the same thing, but it appeared that there was only a single encounter with this person -- she only ever took one swimming lesson and only ever wore the suit once. I'm not so sure there was abuse there or not and it didn't sound like it. The implication I got was she was shy and bashful and she crushed, not that there was anything untoward on his side.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I forgot to mention that when I was watching the LFs of Angela and KC before the Hacker ceremony I was really concerned that they would not be able to pull off "believable" reactions to the news of KC being pulled off the block, KC seemed really nervous about hos she should "appear" to people, if she should say thank you etc.

So I was getting nervous too lol but when I watched the episode I was so happy for our lil peanut! KC did great I thought! Genuine reaction

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes. American History X -- I just cringe at the though of that movie. Rated R for sure. When I saw it someone got up and walked out over the curb scene. It's a kind of violence you don't forget (and I wish I'd never seen). It's not something that should be on BB IMO. Too gruesome. I wish BB would show us how odd and unstable she is without giving me nightmares. I don't watch the feeds but I feel like her southern bell thing is mostly her playing a part. Yikes.

Tnbrat

06-15-2011

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tnbrat a private message Print Post    
LOSTFAN , THATS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK BAY SAID SHE WOULD DO A WHOLE LOT WORSE TO THE ONES IN THE HOUSE .

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
(Tnbrat, I'm not sure you know, but when you type in all caps, that means you're yelling. Of course if that's what you meant to do... that's another thing and could be something else but... <cringing>)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: