TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Outside the House News: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 27, 2018 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm not surprised the TAR fans when "apeshit pissed off crazy." I have never been a fan of the crossover stuff that CBS keeps pulling, and I didn't watch TAR last season as a result of the BB players on it. There are a lot (and I mean a LOT) of people who regularly apply to be on TAR, and if they have to use attention grabbing, media you-knows as teams on TAR, then TAR has jumped the shark. As someone who legit applied, I was appalled to see them bring in BB players in the past. (Jordan and what's his name, Rachel and what's his name, to name a couple of them.)

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/27/big-brother-kaitlyn-tyler-faysal/

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm probably in the minority here... but I like the cross-overs. I REALLY enjoyed Hayden on Survivor... would LOVE to see him again in fact.

I love to see how players from 1 show do in another... each has its own form of stress and I like to see how they react to the differences in the shows.

I LOVE all the Survivor and BB teams... well except for Rupert and Laura... I know at one point they mentioned Beast Mode and Tai as a team... would rather see them over an aging Rupert. I have to imagine they'll be first outs...

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Cass-cat, I'm with you. I like having people I already feel "i know". The learning curve is much faster with people I am familiar with (LoL). I especially like the Big Brother people because they all believe they are competition beasts and given the chance they could "kill it". When they don't t is kind of a wake up call.
That being said, I would not have wanted to see Paul or James H competing on TAR.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, people! Julie Chen's husband Les Moonves, is being accused of rampant sexual harrassment. Ronan Farrow report in The New Yorker is coming out later today. OMG!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Whoa!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I don't see how Moonves can survive this (and don't forget he was already on the ropes with the Viacom/CBS issues)- question is does Julie go down with him (or leave in solidarity), and if she does, what happens to the show (which should be OK- it is one of the top summer shows, and makes a lot of money for the network during a normal dead time, not to mention the All Access subscriptions for people watching the feeds- question would be who would become the host)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Am I surprised about Les Moonves?? No, he divorced his wife of many years and married one of the underlings in his company. I always thought it was a conflict of interests that she is still employed by CBS.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Jag, I thought that too. He seems like a predator.

It's just so weird that CBS was so concerned about BB and how it was being received, and how they were not going to have controversy this season.

Oh. Boy.

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
Holy crap is right Rosem! The Talk has covered every previous (famous person's) sexual harassment allegation in their beginning discussions. Wonder what they will do with this one?!

A long time ago, I saw a YouTube that some paparazzi took of Les Moonves coming out of a restaurant and getting his car from the valet. When the valet guy pulled the car up for Moonves, Moonves opened his wallet and said, oh I only have hundreds, I'll catch you next time. With more money than can be spent in a life time, Les Moonves couldn't make the valet's day and give him one of the hundreds?! He stiffed the guy!

Cathie

08-16-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Wonder if it will be covered on The Talk? Are they live this week?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Is it a live show today?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They won't say anything on The Talk today- IIRC, they tape their Friday episodes on Thursdays.

And CBS stock is tanking- it's gone down 6% in the last hour since the story broke (and once the actual story gets put up who knows..)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
CBS stock has tumbled 5% after the Moonves’s news. He’ll be out as CEO....the share holders won’t sit back and not have a say plus the Board of Directors.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Oh, damn, I totally forgot about 'The Talk' - I'm not home on weekdays so I don't watch any daytime TV.

Geeze!

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I do feel badly for Julie.

Julie is such a strong bright woman. Their relationship has always seemed kinda creepy to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Costacat, you know who else hates "crossovers and retreads?"

Phil.

But to keep this show on the air, they have to do what CBS tells them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
😨

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Interesting times for CBS.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
https://www.tvguide.com/news/big-brother-20-kaitlyn-herman-exit-interview/

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Tmz reports that Ronan Farrow wrote the article and is talking about unwanted advances and kissing 20 years ago

CBS CEO Les Moonves Sexual Misconduct Allegation 'Taken Seriously' Says Network

See if that works.
I give up

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Here's the Hollywood Reporter article on Moonves:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leslie-moonves-accused-sexual-misconduct-ronan-farrow-expose-1130268

"The allegations are said in part to involve instances of unwanted kissing and touching that occurred more than 20 years ago, as well as numerous claims that occurred more recently."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, so full of competing agendas and interesting timing..

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Shari Redstone has issued a denial that she leaked the info to the New Yorker...(remember, she and Moonves are in a big fight over a possible Viacom/CBS merger- she's for it, he's against it)

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/shari-redstone-leslie-moonves-sexual-misconduct-1202888549/

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Very interesting.