TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Racist statement??

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Racist statement?? users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 04, 2018Keldogg25 07-04-18  12:44 am
Archive through July 04, 2018Marameko25 07-04-18  8:18 pm
Archive through July 05, 2018Nolanry25 07-05-18  11:28 pm
Archive through July 06, 2018Govols25 07-06-18  11:42 pm
Archive through July 08, 2018Seamonkey25 07-08-18  8:48 pm
Archive through July 31, 2018Mom_of_three25 07-31-18  5:42 am
Archive through August 04, 2018Govols25 08-04-18  4:23 pm
Archive through August 05, 2018Dogdoc25 08-05-18  5:06 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna for the definition. Is 'superiority' the key word in ALL racism.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Firebird meant to type disciple and maybe spell check got her.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer. I looked it up and it didn't make sense.

I thought it might be something regional, Like some of Sam's statements.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Jmm is correct. I don’t always catch when spell check changes my words. LoL I went to the eye doctor yesterday and will have new glasses soon. Perhaps it will help.

Sweetshell

08-02-2018

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sweetshell a private message Print Post    
Well, it seems the hits just keep on coming with this "you crazy a** white people" comment. Not sure what Bayleigh signed up for....

Govols

07-18-2005

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
No doubt in my mind that Bay is racist. She can't keep getting passes on what comes out of her mouth.
I suggest she get an advisor to help her understand the Bible she professes to read.

Mitch300

06-02-2011

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mitch300 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure if Bayleigh planned on going back to be a stewardess after the show. However, I don't see how any airline would hire her after the comments.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
It was a stupid statement. Just as her comment about "old people" was stupid and ignorant. And saying it on the internet where millions will see it makes it stupid X 100.

Doesn't make it racist.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I agree Keldogg.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
I think Bayleigh is an emotionally bankrupt person. Unless everything is about her and her needs then she does not want to give of herself to anyone. She does not give regard to people. Her old people statement shows what a very mean spirited person she is.

In order to try and be more hurtful in her verbal attacks she attaches words that she believes will hurt.

I think she is a very judgemental and ignorant person who likes to verbally bully people

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Stewardess?

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
They are called flight attendants now. Not that the QUEEN would ever lower herself to do any attending. Well at least not to those horrible old people, handicapped people or white people.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
If a white person said "you crazy a## black people," then every single person of color would have a royal fit, be offended, and yell "racism". A person of color said "you crazy a## white people," therefore I have every right to be offended and yell racism.

In fact, if the tables were turned, Bayleigh herself would be one of the first to yell about racism and would yell it the loudest.

Bayleigh did not mean that in a complimentary fashion. It was a slur, plain and simple. And no, I will not give her credit for saying something "stupid or ignorant." Remember? She's one point shy of genius and she was raised in an upper or upper-middle class environment and went to Baylor. She is a bigot and she is racist, and I truly hope her parents see this, and get her the help she desperately needs. Because this behaviour isn't "cute" or adorable. It's sick, and I'm pretty sure it's not how her parents intended her to grow up.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I completely agree Costacat!

Kearie

07-21-2005

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I would say it also implied 'Caucasian inferiority."

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I would agree with that, Kearie. I'm also pretty horrified that the white folk in the room with her didn't call her out on that. You know, Haleigh, who should have asserted herself and said "hey! I'm a white person!" (Except wait! Haleigh is way too young, and only thinks of herself, and at this point was so wrapped up in her personal revenge of Tyler, a plan was foiled and then backfired on her BFF, that she likely didn't even pay attention.)

Snogrl

07-14-2005

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snogrl a private message Print Post    
Costacat, thank you for articulating exactly how I feel.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm white. Her comment didn't offend me. I kind of find it funny. She's lived with them long enough and they have enough familiarity with each other, it probably didn't offend them either.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I'm a person of color and her comment bothered me. It doesn't matter if it's racist or not. It's offensive.

It shows a side of her that is rude and unkind to "other" people. What she said and the way she said it is meant to demean white people in general. It did not need to be said.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You would think in her training for the airline she would have sensitivity training, training in multicultural differences, in gender identity..

I got lots of training when I trained for rape crisis, for domestic violence, for American Cancer Society driver..

She would be dealing with a variety of people.

Oh another site, someone posted that judging from Bayleigh's promo film, she probably is in training because of a lack of some pins or badges.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
No, I don't think she could wear anything that identified her as to where she worked or for whom she flew. She didn't say, that info came out later. I'm pretty sure it was something she had to do else part if the reason she could take a sabbatical. Or else she got fired or quit right before BB.

Some large companies won't let you self identify or affiliate with them. The crappy press BB gets, I'm sure she was told to hide anything Delta. Including her wings.

Supposedly she's been with Delta since 2015...

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
My niece worked for Delta and based on the clip shown knew Bay worked for Delta. She also said that they showed a clip of Bay working at the gate and it was her experience that Delta does not have their flight crew work the gate as some air lines do. She doesn't believe Bay is flight attendant because of that but not 100% sure.

Bay may not be a racist based on the definition in a dictionary but she is a bully. I believe her own alliance members have not called her out on some of her nasty behavior because they don't want to be on the receiving end of her wrath. There is no self-awareness regarding her behavior.

Patty9755

07-18-2006

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Patty9755 a private message Print Post    
Bayleigh said to Rockstar: You don't like white people any more than I do. She indicated that white girls want to be black. If I didn't realize how immature and unworldly Bayleigh is, I would be offended. As it is, I just feel sorry for her for not realizing she is perpetuating racial derision and hindering harmony in our country. How can we get along and respect each race's culture when people like Bayleigh feel free to disrespect other races and cultures on national television? Fessy is not going to be pleased to hear what she said about him and Pakistani virgins. Bayleight is badly in need of sensitivity training.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm white. Her comment didn't offend me. I kind of find it funny.

I agree. As I said before, I don't find it any more or less offensive than comments about "women," "men" or "millennials", and I've seen plenty of derogatory remarks about those groups here. They're all offensive. I didn't see her remark as "racist." Just stupid, and out of frustration and anger.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
What perturbs me, if Angela had called Bayleigh a crazy ass black woman TMZ would have been all over it.

There are double standards and that is what concerns me. If BB and TMZ are all over Angela and Rachel for their comments to me this is equally as stupid and should not have been said ..... but lets be equal.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
As would Bayleigh, Bon. And that's my problem. Giving Bayleigh a pass and saying it was a stupid comment or that it was kind of funny is exactly what is wrong with that statement and perpetuating the double standard. And for what it's worth, I do NOT go around saying I hate millenials, men, women, or any other groups.

If it's not OK for one class of people to say it, then it's not OK for the other. Again, I'm done with this conversation. There is way too much hatred in society. I don't need to dwell on the hatred that this one women continues to spew.

06-29-2002

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
You may not make derogatory remarks about any group that may include your fellow posters.}

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
(Whoops. I didn't do that, did I mods? <sheepish>)

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I don't think Bayleigh is a racist. I think she is a bigot.

Racist are so much worse. So very, very dangerous with the ability and desire to bring great harm to and oppress people. When the word racist is used instead of bigot it takes the power of the word away. Racist are the underbelly of horrible. Bigot are just intolerable for the most part.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you Biloxi, for saying it so eloquently.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Biloxibelle,You expressed what I think but never could find the words. Thank you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: