TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Jumping the Shark

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2018: General Discussion: Jumping the Shark users admin

Gibby

07-04-2013

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibby a private message Print Post    
After I watched Wednesday, the first thought that came to mind...has BB "jumped the shark" a la Happy Days? I'll watch, of course. But the special effects, super imposing 3rd eyes, having houseguests disappear..and the robot is a bit much. What I've always found entertaining about BB is the interaction, the scheming, and game play.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I am hoping those things were all due to trying to be creative since it was not a live episode...please let them return to normal.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
My kids tell me I am showing my age when I say something has "jumped the shark"! I hope it's not true of BB....

Domki366

06-27-2014

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Domki366 a private message Print Post    
I think the cheesy visual and sound effects have been a part of BB for quite some time but this year it's just distracting.

Mitch300

06-02-2011

Friday, June 29, 2018 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mitch300 a private message Print Post    
I'm getting tired of all the gimmicks. Having a contestant be a robot. Like Gibby said it's suppose to be about interaction, the scheming, and game play.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, June 29, 2018 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m glad I’m not alone in what I thought of the first show. I think they went soo far overboard with all the gimmicks and also thought it down right stupid. Come on....a robot??

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, June 29, 2018 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I'm convinced that someone on the BB staff is a Westworld fan (As am I!).

Interestingly, NASA just launched a very similar robot into space today.

AI is the future, people! These robots will rule us someday!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 29, 2018 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My issue with the show is all the twists actually ruin it (but it has never been a secret that I hate the way Alyson produces this show and the way Robyn casts this show).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 29, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I feel the same about the game killing manipulation.

Fake "reality", totally UN special effects.

Viewed voting made more difficult, but as usual, often the questions are ridiculous.

This trending thing seems to actually favor the obnoxious ones.

And how stupid to include ham in a house with a Muslim. Shows such disrespect, then he is punished with vegan glop.

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, June 29, 2018 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
So I thought I just heard Bayleigh say Kaitlyn volunteered to be a have not so its back to volunteering for that again and that stuff is never even talked about on TV anymore so why do it.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, June 29, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Sea- I sort of agree with you; I think some of the effects have been really cheesy so far, but they should be more practical now since they won't have as much time to do them with the turnaround between episodes.

I understand where you're coming from on the ham thing- if they wanted to keep the pun, it should have been Yamazon, which is at least OK for everyone religion-wise (the other pun would have been Clamazon, but it would have been the same problem with Fayzal; if one of the HG's were Jewish, we would be having the same discussion).

And if they don't make it perfectly clear it is vegan when they do the reveal on Sunday's show, there could be an issue with some people saying it's disrespectful.

Patty9755

07-18-2006

Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Patty9755 a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I'm right there with you!

Gibby

07-04-2013

Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibby a private message Print Post    
Hoping the robot rusts!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well it seems they Bayleigh is vegan. Sam and Steve were discussing potential meals and mentioned that.

I just hope they could be more mature than certain HG were when they purposely left Kaysar's halal meat out to spoil.. Talking about Boogie and Will.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I thought that stuff was funny lol. Cheesy big brother style. Robot is great game killer.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: