TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 30, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2017: General Discussion: News articles outside the house: Archive through September 30, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well it does seem like they should get paid sort of like BB people do, you know $1000 per week they are on the show. I don't think you can have people work for free, even if it is a reality show.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am thrilled that they are going to be on TAR. I wasn't a fan of Cody. Jessica was okay at first.

But TAR is a whole new game. They might do well. Or not. It will be interesting to see.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Oh I knew they got a stipend, of sorts, I just didn't realize there was prize money too.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
So Cody knew he was leaving right away to do another reality show with Jess, where they'd be spending (yet again) 24/7 together, and he didn't run straight to Iowa to spend some time with Paisley?! Maybe her mama is relieved...?
I literally laughed when I read the part about Cody saying the other HGs were a "dud!" pot <-------> kettle
Why do I have a sick feeling we'll hear some "Ugly American" comments regarding other cultures/countries when he visits them during the race?!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jeff!!

I know I was happy they didn't last long on TAR.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Calimom, I have no doubt we will hear "ugly American" comments from both Jessica and Cody. I suspect more so from Jessica because she's not a very nice person and is completely oblivious to how people see her. Unfortunately, now that Julie rewarded them with a spot on TAR (and B&B), Jessica will not "get" that her behavior and treatment of other people is unacceptable.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl,
Funny, I expect Jess to be more politically correct and handle diversity better than Cody! Her job requires her to put up with a lot of different personalities and she can't show her TRUE inner thoughts. Whereas Cody seems to almost take pride in his lack of enthusiasm or even interest/tolerance for ANYONE other than his daughter, a few former military acquaintances, a few friends in TX, and of course JESSICA. He doesn't even seem sad/regretful that he really isn't close to his own family members. It sounds like he never was close to his mom, he couldn't even tell Jess what color eyes his mom had! It wasn't just strategy for game's sake, because he acted that way even when he was alone with Jess, and he brags now after the game is over that he can't stand ANYONE, doesn't want to keep in contact... Jess said something about Elena, Cody just quietly mumbled "maybe..."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Calimom, I agree with everything you said about Cody; however, since she's not getting paid a "salary" to be on TAR, I suspect we will see the same nasty Jessica we saw on BB. Jeff/Jordan and Brenchel were actually very nice IRL off the show, yet other racers had no interest in forming an alliance with them. I can't see anyone knocking themselves out to form an alliance with Jessica and Cody, and that is going to doom them. I truly believe if they don't go out early, they will be the first team U-turned.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love all this speculation on what might happen...and as far as Cody and his family...do we have any idea of what his formative years were like? I learned a long time ago never to judge someone who didn't have a relationship with their family because we have no idea what they went through as a child. Both Cody and Jessica are smart, physically fit and resourceful which will be in their favor. They have just come off of Big Brother so people on the Race might not have a clue who they are and what kind of people they are. Being able to control your emotions is a good thing when you are dealing with the stress of a race around the world...I wish them well.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I remember one day Cody was talking about his brother who died in a motorcycle accident. I got the impression that he was the beloved educated golden boy, and Cody believes he does not measure up to him. It hurt my heart to hear that. So I hope these experiences he's having now will inspire him to fulfill his own potential.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, Cody is very controlled, Jess? Not so much... remember how she blurted out the fact that she & Cody had safety? Remember how she shrieked at Josh that she was "not in the mood, today is NOT the day" for him to say stuff after SHE initiated the convo with her spelling/intelligence insult. I think she will be as bad if not worse in the Race. All we can do is watch. All we can do is speculate. We are not telling THEM what we think/believe, and we know they don't CARE. We are talking amongst each other, in a place made to do so... we aren't trying to change them or spread lies. We are making comments based on what we saw for 3 months (plus this past week!) and what we heard from their mouths. If Cody's younger years were horrible, he wouldn't let those same people see his daughter so often, right?

Tk27

07-04-2004

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
The best part about Jess nominating Josh and having Paul save Josh......... is basically Paul killed his own game :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You are correct. I just think that sometimes we let our own life experiences color our viewpoints of what we think other people should do. I really do hope that Cody and Jessica do well on the race and redeem themselves as being not horrible people. It will be a different environment. Personally I think that Cody will thrive on the action part - I don't think the BB house was his thing - he appears to be much more a person of action than a social person who thrives on inactivity.

Jessica - who knows what that girl will do. I suspect the race will be very hard on her extensions.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Agreed, but the race is a lot more than physical skill. Sometimes it's one player using their social skills to convince passers-by to join/help them complete a task/skill. Jess would kill it, but if it's Cody's turn,...I don't see him being good at that. I watch every year, but I hope they leave early, I've seen enough of them this year. Rachel was a mess on that show, poor Brendon!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Rachel and Brendon almost won the Amazing Race.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, but she was a mess, nonetheless.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rachel also took "rapelling" lessons before going on TAR - because there always seems to be a challenge where someone has to rapel. And there was a rapelling challenge and she totally slayed it.

I think what separates Brenchel from Jody is that for the most part Rachel and Brendon are very nice people. They get along with pretty much everyone they played BB with. Cody and Jessica have already said they don't want to stay friends with anyone because they pretty much hate them all. I don't think Jessica can overcome her hatred for mankind to make anyone want to help her on TAR.

I can't help it. I think she is just a vile human being with no self-awareness of how she is perceived.

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Caleb on BB at all. I liked him a lot when he was on Survivor.

AR is a fast paced game with little down time, making it very high stress. It will put a lot of stress on any relationship. I'm not sure I would do it with a brand new relationship partner but it might be a fast way to see if a couple can push through the hard times. With AR you don't have to rely as heavily on good relationships with other players as much as you do on Survivor or BB if you're good at the other parts of the game. You have to be nice enough not to be U-turned but that's about it. I think Jody will be interesting to watch. Hopefully, they won't melt down and criticize each other when things get tough. Those are the only teams I can't stand on AR.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Wow! I wonder if she is jealous that Both Jess and Cody along with Josh got the coveted prize for making it onto B&B

I think most everyone signed autographs for free

http://conversationworthy.com/2017/09/popular-big-brother-19-house-guest-caught-being-extremely-rude-to-fans-at-a-party/

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Cody was on B&B?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No, Cody was not on B&B. I don't know who wrote this article, but it is poorly written. He referred to TAR as the "Great American Race."

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
has Christmas done any social media?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I haven't seen anything. I was thinking earlier that it is sort of odd how so many of them have sort of dropped off the radar.

I have only been seeing tweets from Mark, Elena and Josh.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yeah, I thought the same thing.

Tk27

07-04-2004

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
Maybe they are not very popular and this show is starting to lose steam?