TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2017: General Discussion: Discussion - After the Season: Archive through September 22, 2017 users admin

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Oh for goodness sakes they had posed all night with fans having their picture taken. From everthing I have read Xmas was the rude one with the fans. Why don't they feed them at the event.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
What I saw on video was Cody and Jess taking more time than anyone to sign lots of photos and get photos taken. Some of those people didn't look like fans at all but rather the people who sell celeb autographs.

It was smart of Josh to take advantage of his goodby messages to set the evictees straight. That day when he was in the hot tub with Jason and wanted so badly to tell him he was going was tough to watch.

It's been said many times now. Paul did not manage the jury and continued to lie to them. Josh took advantage of the opportunity to be honest. Paul thinks he doesn't need to watch BB, and Josh benefitted from having done so. I thought Josh made a mistake by taking Paul over Christmas but he was right. No one dragged him to the end. He was loyal to his people. Christmas should not have told him she wasn't sure about taking him to F2. I wish a number of things had gone differently this season, but I'm very satisfied with how it ended. Props to Josh for playing the entire game.

I don't blame the jury for their votes. Paul didn't own his game and lost all by himself.

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing about having food there Sunnyday but then I realized that the party didn't even start until pretty late so I'm not sure why people didn't eat before they went. Having some food there would have been beneficial to several of them for soaking up some of the alcohol they consumed. I also read that Christmas was rude. As I posted above Jody was pleasant and cooperative for many fans. It was just the ones they told to wait for them and then ditched that were not happy.

Jeff, I thought several of them looked stoned. Christmas & Josh in particular but even in some of Cody's pictures he had the bloodshot eyes of a stoner. That could have been lack of sleep or allergies though.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was talking to a friend the other day and I told her that Josh knew Paul and Christmas and that jury better than any of us. He could have very well have been correct that if he took Christmas she would have beat him. She didn't have any enemies in the jury house. For sure, Paul, Kevin and Cody would have voted for Christmas over Josh. And I think it's a safe bet that Elena and Mark would have voted for Christmas over Josh.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Simply, I think that Paul needed to do some jury management in his goodbye DR messages. Josh did a superb job there. Paul lied to the jury and Josh told them the truth.

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Lexie, If Josh had taken Christmas to F2 you don't think the jury would have given him major respect for booting Paul?

Kearie

07-21-2005

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
For me, I thought Josh was brilliant for using his 'good-bye' messages as a strategy. It showed that he was playing his own game and was planning ahead. I don't recall anyone else telling the jurors what's going on like that. I loved Paul's face when Josh's GB messages were show. That made him valid as the WINNER to me.

Josh also entertained me more than Paul.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I agree Sunny.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Stategist - Ark posted Morgan Willet's backyard interviews over in the News Outside the House thread. Take a look at her interview with Paul wherein she did talk to him about jury management (around the 5.10 mark).

Paul doesn't believe that if he owned his game during his good bye messages it would have changed the votes in fact he said absolute BS. He said he was being kind instead of getting in the evicted house guests face that he had to get them out of there for his game and he doesn't understand why they think he would put their game ahead of his own.

It seems Paul does not realize you can tell the truth and do it in a kind way without 'sticking it in their face that he beat them and manipulated them.' Does he not realize that Josh was able to accomplish telling the truth and being kind?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I saw somewhere that an interviewer asked the jury who they would have voted for between Xmas and Josh and Josh won something like 7 to 2.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering now if they're going to do goodbye messages anymore- without them, Josh can't admit the alliance and Paul's lying doesn't come out, and that changes the result most likely.

They didn't show his good-bye messages until after they votes were in. If the jurors compared notes they might have known that he was telling everyone the same thing in his GB messages.

It really couldn't have effected the vote, otherwise.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Sunnyday...I know in Morgan's background interview she asked Alex about Christmas and it seems there is no way Christmas would have won. Alex said that the jury didn't like Christmas at all.

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Sunnyday, I thought I saw that in an interview too but can't remember which on. Matt & Raven were the only two that would have voted for Paul still.

Didn't AG say in an interview that all of the jury members were shown all of their GBM once they got to the jury house? Someone needs to ask one of the HGs exactly what they are shown once they leave other than the competitions and evictions.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Kearie - - I thought they discussed the good bye messages in jury. I thought showing Josh's good bye messages was for Paul's benefit. I think they should have done a compilation of Paul's good bye messages as well so Josh would have seen that the one calling him a coward was actually the coward for lying.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
I have watched all 19 seasons of BB USA and BBOTT. In 20 seasons the HG that I was rooting for to win the game won exactly 4 times! Most years (like this year) I have to be happy that the person I did not want to win the game did not win the game (Paul).

Emotions run high with this game even after the finale. To all the Paul fans I know the pain of your chosen HG losing. We all do.

I have enjoyed and respected all of the posters even when our opinions differed.

Sincere thanks to all for making this such a great forum.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Paul's argument in his speech was terribly flawed. He kept saying everyone wanted him out... to the very people that never wanted him out and were all so proud of their finals alliances with him. Did ya see the look on the jurors minus Cody when he said that? So, I'm sure to them, he was either still lying or severely disillusioned. He had it out for them and made it out that he was the victim. He never was. Top it off by acting like you graciously helped them as far as you could instead of owning the fact that he used them all in different ways for different purposes well, it sunk him.

Then there's clueless Christmas who would have likely lost to both of them from what we saw of the jury touting her kill em with kindness strategy. Really? I missed that and the great competitor she claimed to be. She had two HOHs so obviously thrown to her it was embarrassing.

And Maven? They need to beam back up to whatever planet they're from. There are no words.

Jodikay39

07-19-2010

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jodikay39 a private message Print Post    
Remember the year on survivor when the girl scout leader was on, and they couldnt get over her lying? It was sort of like that with paul...all about friendship...so when he lied to them it hurt more. Just a theory...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kearie and Ark, yes Allison did confirm that the evicted HG gets to see their goodbye messages whether they are aired or not. But I don't think the rest of the jury gets to see the messages.

Jodikay39

07-19-2010

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jodikay39 a private message Print Post    
Agree with you chippy. He keeps saying he was a vet and big target. But only one wanting him out was cody early on. Why does he think he was a bigger target? Should have been but wasnt. Lol but that i guess is his perpective...

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Now Paul is talking about how long he played, how he played 2 summers in a row....well....he chose to do it. No one made home do it 2 summers in a row. Get over it Paul, u lost and in your tweet you said u never really cared...lol. Sour grapes

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Color me cynical but I'm not so sure Josh's GBM were as much the brilliant strategy until they were highlighted after the vote. In all his solo ramblings about big moves and calling people out, did he mention his GBM?

Don't get me wrong, I loved them ... especially following Paul's BS ones but he never heard Paul's and he had no idea which edit would be presented. Depending on production to spread your message seems presumptuous.

And Paul saying it was cowardly was baffling. His argument was that he was the puppet master all season. Josh merely confirmed that over and over.

One thing is certain, using the game as an excuse for bad behavior as especially Christmas has been doing, ignoring the obvious as most did, and having no regrets despite the results just makes me shake my head.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My gripe is about how Paul and Christmas treated Josh in the last few days.

On BBAD they showed Christmas straightening her hair while Josh and Paul prepared to eat.

She told them to go ahead she would come out.

When she did come out Josh said something (I don't remember what) and she glared at him and told him a man should NEVER criticized a woman who is getting herself ready. She made him apologize.

There is something scary about that woman.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Paul has spoken in every interview, speech , etc that he had to play from day one and played full tilt all the time. That I think was also a big flaw in his game, aside from jury mismanagement. Ultimately, his deep distrust of people never allowed him to take a minute off. Even when people in his alliance were in power, he could have stood down a week or at the very least a few days. But he had to micromanage everything. It did not need micromanaging but his ego forced him to be in the middle of everything.

He was exhausted at the end of the season and he was exhausting to watch. I honestly think he overyplayed so much and this alienated a lot of viewers. He completely took over and I don't think he so much ran everything, he made himself involved in everything until HG's finally said, okay, you do it.

I think Josh played an awesome game from day one and part of that was aligning himself with a more overbearing person than himself.

He worked it to his advantage. One of the reason he did not see Paul as making any big moves is because he had Josh do it and Josh wasn't afraid for something to be attributed to him. Interesting contrast in styles and not nearly enough credit given to Josh.

However, I will say, being in Pauls good graces did make others accept him. It was a seal of approval he needed after his shaky start.
I don't think either would have gotten to F2 without the other.

Indybarb

06-25-2005

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Indybarb a private message Print Post    
May I change the subject and ask a question? Has anyone heard if Jason and Kevin are still friends? Does Kevin know what Jason said and have they worked things out? I hope so.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There is a photo of Kevin and Jason and their wives all together on Kevin's instagram, so I presume all is well.

https://www.instagram.com/bb19kevin/