TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 20, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2017: General Discussion: News articles outside the house: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 20, 2017 users admin

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Juju, I remember his DR about that. I actually saw on the feeds when they were having that conversation and thought, hmm, he is trying to participate. The on the show they rolled the DR. I kind of laughed because he had me fooled but I applauded his playing the game. He also hung out int the HOH.

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Robyn Kass talks about BB and us.

https://twitter.com/TaylorAllen133/status/909985576832692224

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That video proves that Robyn Kass (and Allison Grodner for that matter) are tone-deaf as to why BB Nation is anti-Paul. We are against any vets being brought back into the house, much less given three weeks of immunity as well as 8 friendship bracelets (which created instant alliances).

And next season it will most likely be Jessica brought back into the house. And Allison and Robyn "still won't get it."

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I thought the interview was more about us than the HGs. She hit the nail on the head saying that viewers think the way HGs act in the house is how they act outside the house and referred to the HGs inside the house as "characters". It's also interesting that the majority of applicants say they will do anything to win but once in the house that all changes and many of them look down on those that actually DO anything to win.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I don't mind interesting players being asked to return. However, other than their previous experience playing, I believe it should be an even playing field. Since people already had an attachment to Paul, he was likely to get the first temptation. IMO three weeks of safety is too much for any player to receive. And mister "friendship" getting friendship bracelets to give out at will is just wrong.

Paul has played a strong game against a weak and malleable cast. I won't say that the game is rigged, but this season was strongly weighted in favor of Paul. It doesn't make me like him more or less, but it makes me like this season much less.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Tres, good points. After seeing Paul was brought back, and having an inkling of his personality and game, I did not care for him. I didn't care for him last season. But, okay , a vet is back. I didn't really like James last season either. And even thought here was team safety involved last year, a vet still could have gone up.
But this season was to weighted to protect the vet. Any vet.That just ruined the season. You have a bunch of newbies and the vet is offering the promised land of Jury House and it is easier to go along with the vet. He also offered details into everything that was going to happen.It just ruined the fun of seeing a newbie experience it with fresh eyes.
So your statement , It doesn't make me like him more or less, but it makes me like this season much less. , is a great descriptive of how I felt about they way production handled the return vet.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ark, they may say in the pre-casting interviews they will do anything to win, but in their interviews with Jeff (after they were cast), a few of them said they would much rather be liked enough to be asked back next summer than win the money.

And for that I blame Allison and Robyn for making it "expect the expected" that people will return the following summer.

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
It's interesting that the vets that have been back a second season recently were pretty well liked by viewers their first season and not so much after a second season, James, Nicole, Paul. It didn't used to be like that. In fact Rachel didn't have a lot of viewer support or first season and her second season she was a favorite.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That video proves that Robyn Kass (and Allison Grodner for that matter) are tone-deaf as to why BB Nation is anti-Paul.

For all the complaining, the ratings are up. So regardless of what you think, it's working for the show. :-)

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Very true Karuuna. I've seen so many people on social media say they aren't even watching the show anymore and every time I see that I think "liar" in my head because ratings are up. I don't believe that people that didn't watch the show the first couple of months are now suddenly tuning in for the end and making ratings go higher.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Even more importantly, the ratings are up over the last 2 (or maybe 3) seasons. So, more people are watching THIS season. :-)

Here's the thing about online postings. People tend to post MORE about the things/people they don't like, than the people they do like. So what people are saying online and on social media is ALWAYS biased toward the negative and isn't a true representation of what the majority of people think.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Sorry to burst your bubble....but I am not lying when I say I quit watching it. I come here to see what's happening, and my DD still watches it and let's me know if I ask, but honestly, this season was so disappointing for the first time ever, I DID stop watching. Cody's was the last eviction I watched. It was so evident that they weren't thinking for themselves and basically handing the game to Paul, I couldn't take it any more. Now, granted...I'm not EVERYONE :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't watch the Sunday or Wednesday shows. I only watch the Thursday shows - if only because I enjoy a good blindside and Julie interviewing them afterwards.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scooter, Ark wasn't addressing you personally. :-)

The fact still remains that the ratings are up over last year, so people can say they quit watching it all they want, but it doesn't make a difference. If they all really did quit watching then BB has gained a whole slew of new viewers. LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's your DD, Scooter. She has replaced you as a BB watcher.

I used to watch every episode. Now I'd say I watch about 80% of them so my viewing is down slightly as well. But all kidding aside, they may be attracting new viewers as well.

The thing is that almost all CBS cares about are the ratings and apparently they are more than fine.

I did totally stop watching BB Canada last season and that was reflected in the ratings and they didn't renew it. But then people were so upset on social media that it wasn't renewed, they changed their mind and renewed it.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-19-jessica-graf-dominique-cooper-ramses-soto-interview-1040114

Very fun article interviewing the pre jurors about who they would vote for and who will win AFP.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
Xtremely delusional article about the merits of the Final 3 by CBS.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1007574/check-out-the-impressive-big-brother-r-sum-s-for-paul-christmas-and-josh/

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
They've been painting in the BB house
1. Cody isn't very artistic but takes a nice mug shot
2. Elena is prettier outside the house than in
3. Mark is still Mark
4. Matt, no surprises
5. Jason can have fun doing anything
6. Alex finally gets it...too late
7. Raven, I expected her to be more artistic
8. Kevin, has spent a lot of time doing art with kids

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1007825/the-big-brother-19-jury-is-keeping-busy-with-art-projects-even-cody/124887/cody-dabbles-in-finger-painting/

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
Our little pre-jurors are slightly full of themselves. It's easy to talk big and be judgemental when you are out of the house.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-19-jessica-graf-dominique-cooper-ramses-soto-interview-1040114

Sounds like nobody wants to but, to be a good juror.......

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL at Cody's painting compared to the others. Elena and Mark's cracked me up

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Interview with Grodner & Meehan with some inside info on the Tree of Temptation

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-19-allison-grodner-rich-meehan-producers-finale-preview-1040963

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Interesting with the bounty temptation- though I don't think an HOH would have gotten rid of someone for just $5,000 if there were no other reasons. Now 10K or 15K perhaps....

and here's a article on how one person feels the season has gone (it's long, but good)

https://krazilialove.wordpress.com/2017/09/19/the-game-of-paul-abrahamian-how-big-brother-19-artificially-crafted-its-next-mastermind/

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Cody is being arrested and booked for bad art.

Helluva mug shot! LOL!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ok, they should ALL be under arrest for bad art.

I'm now convinced that Raven is 12 years old.