TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 18, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2017: General Discussion: News articles outside the house: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 18, 2017 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Not me, I don't watch them.

Texgal

07-18-2017

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texgal a private message Print Post    
Jessica will not last for a long time on Bold and Beautiful. She does not get along with others, especially beautiful actresses. JMHO

Pattie444

07-03-2005

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pattie444 a private message Print Post    
well maybe while she's on Bold the make up artist will show her the correct size of eye lashes for her works better.
Those butterfly wings gotta go

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The BB crew are usually on after the show ends. They will probably have a few of them for the Halloween episode.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Ark, I do...well actually they are in the background as I go about my daily tasks.

Ark

07-09-2001

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I remember my mom scheduling her day around when her soaps were on so I vowed never to even start watching them. It seemed like there were three or four that she watched but are there even that many still on? Now my mom doesn't even have a TV in her house anymore. There are times when I turn my TV on for company but it's usually on a news station or music.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Checked tv listings. Could only find these soaps still airing:

The Young & the Restless, The Bold & the Beautiful ---CBS
Days of Our Lives---NBC
General Hospital---ABC

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Between dvrs , on-demand and internet, no one has to plan their days around soaps anymore.

Tk27

07-04-2004

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
Big Brother = Soap Opera

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
This season's Big Brother was the opposite of a soap opera... no glitz/glamour/great good/fancy clothes/parties/cliffhangers!

Ark

07-09-2001

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I think my mom watched all three of those. I watch some of the Housewives shows. That's pretty close to a soap except they are their real lives. (that's how I justify watching to myself).

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

A couple of good nuggets here. Especially about goodbye messages.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/allison-grodner-interview-big-brother-19-week-11/

http://cartermatt.com/267698/big-brother-19-interview-allison-grodner-bitter-jury-bb-comics-finale/

Just had a DUH! moment reading the Grodner interviews, and her surprising assertion that the bitter jury might do anything. She knows people are bored to tears with "The Paul Show", so she is trying to inject a modicum of hope that people will watch to the end. I almost fell for it. But I bet Dr. Will came through for her AGAIN. Luckily there are only a few more days left before they award Paul the half million.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If Jessica got a recurring role on B&B (which I agree won't last long since she can't play well with others), there is ZERO chance she's going to move to Texas with Cody.

They haven't even reunited and they are already moving to Splitsville.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
I hope Jessica succeeds on the bold and the beautiful. She seems to be a go getter who knows what she wants. I disagree that she doesn't play well with others. The people who she called out i.e. Alex and Raven are both unstable. She got along great with Elena and the boys. She also got along with others. Look who u are judging her for not liking

Hwest

07-01-2011

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
I don't see any indication that Jess was unable to hold on to the current job that she has. Don't think she would have been offered more work if she didn't do well the first time around.

Ark

07-09-2001

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I think that's the point Mom. Most of them couldn't stand to be around Raven but they were playing a game and she could help them move forward so they put up with her for the games sake and pretended that she wasn't driving them nuts. THAT is how this game works.

BB tries very hard to pick players that won't get along to see how they overcome that in order to play a good game. Jessica couldn't force herself to overcome that as long as Cody was in the house with her. Together they were not adaptable at all and this game requires that players adapt. Their inability to adapt is what made them horrible BB players and I don't think it's an asset in the outside world either. They just aren't good for each other. I'm really hoping that since she stated before the show she wanted a showmance, Cody was her best choice out of all of the HGs but there are lots of fish to choose for a real romance outside the house and I hope she looks for someone that makes for a bit less toxic couple.

That being said, when Cody was not in the house I saw Jessica trying. I think she can put in her time on Bold and then go home when her job is complete and I don't think it would be a problem for her.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbnewsandrumors&Number=27230956

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I agree Mom and Hwest. Just because didn't do well in BB doesn't mean they have difficulty in real life. I find that a little absurd.

I found that both Cody and Jess were social in the BB house when the other wasn't with them. Cody was pretty social when Jess was evicted.

I'm not going to assume to know how these two will succeed in real life by how their BB experience played out. There is no way of knowing how any of them will do.

Pattie444

07-03-2005

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pattie444 a private message Print Post    
If you call hanging in the have not room social lol
Cody only talked to someone if he wanted something but I guess that is being social

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
If you look at Jess' IG, you will see private planes, parties, expensive clothes, gifts, and lots and lots of male friends. I doubt she can give up her lifestyle and I doubt that Cody can adjust to hers.
On the other hand, Matt might be smarter than we think and do a little research on his girlfriend.
Mark and Elena are so cute in the jury house, they may actually last longer than the other two showmances as they appear to be more normal.
But what would be even funnier - if Paul and Christmas hook up after finale night. There's no doubt she likes him and it probably wouldn't take much for him to ask her out.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Pattie, when Jessica was evicted Cody socialized to an extent. He didn't care for any of them and they were all quite nasty to him so I can see how it wouldn't be that enjoyable.
He did talk to Kevin a little and even confided in him with his personal life talking about his daughter. We all see where that went. It appears Cody had a good intuition in the house when it came to sharing his personal life with any of them including his military career.
BB is not a test of someone's personality or social ability, if it were none of them would pass.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The only social activity Cody did was shagging Jess.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Actually Cody was quite sociable sometimes and he didn't give up unlike Alex, Christmas, Raven, and Matt to name a fer.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Few. Lol

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Am I crazy, or did we not see one of the shows where Cody admitted he was just faking it playing along with the other houseguests after Jessica left. We saw a rather nice interaction with Cody and Xmas, when Xmas revealed to him that SHE was the first woman in the pits at Nascar, and Cody acted very impressed. Next scene was Cody in Diary Room talking about how hard it had been for him to act like he actually cared about any of these people. And how he had been trying, but he was giving it up. There has to be somebody else who remembers that episode.

Well, and of course, since this is a scripted "reality" television show, the clips could have been weeks apart and interwoven to fit a storyline.