TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2017: General Discussion: News articles outside the house: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 10, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, Calimom3, I know exactly what you mean. My friends laugh about whether they should be concerned that I watch so many true crime shows/ID Shows, am I studying for a true crime, LOL.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Got to love Ann Rule books. LOL May she RIP

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
I'd be hard pressed to believe people are much different outside the house. This is Paul (or any one of them). I'm sure they can find ways to justify their behavior in the outside world too. Maybe more extreme in the house but do you honestly think we don't get a pretty good snapshot of the real person this far into it? Not me. Not buying that theory at all.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, and poker players lie to everyone in their lives too, right?

And therapists have to analyze everyone in their lives, because they analyze for a living.

And doctors can't really have friends you know, because they see people as walking symptoms.

People can compartmentalize and draw distinctions about when behavior is okay and when it isn't just fine. They do in all kinds of ways.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Apples. Oranges. I'm saying tendencies appear that are characteristic of the person in real life. You don't see everyone capable of such levels of deviousness. Take josh. He wants badly to fit in. In his bolder moments and when egged on by the cool kids, he takes to the pots and pans. But he's remorseful when the mist clears. Paul never stops or appears to feel bad or anything. He just looks towards the win.

This is my opinion and is based on some years and some professional experience and sure it can be reduced to some exaggerated comparisons but I'll stick with it.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
And yeah poker players are likely better liars than most. Their craft depends on it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's kind of like accusing football players of hitting each other or Indianapolis 500 racers of speeding.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Chippy, I'm with you. I think to an extent we see these players as their true selves. It's like a psychological game. In these conditions, we see their true selves. That's why we have players like Mark and Kevin who can't be mean to anyone.

You can go into this game and 'act' to win, just like poker players. However, when your behavior goes beyond gameplay that's when the true colors come out.
You don't see a poker player throw insults and names towards others at the table after they've won a hand do we? Maybe we do...I don't watch poker.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's kind of like accusing football players of hitting each other or Indianapolis 500 racers of speeding.

Exactly!

when your behavior goes beyond gameplay t

What "goes beyond gameplay" is entirely subjective. That's the problem. Some people may see pretending to really care about someone and treating them well as a lie, and beyond game play (like Boogie's fake relationship). Some may see Derrick's manipulation as beyond game play. Some see the treatment of Josh as beyond game play. And on and on and on.

There is a lot of making fake friends in this game too. That doesn't mean they do in real life!

The players may see it as "within game play" and something they wouldn't ordinarily do.

No one said poker players throw insults, although some of them do use intimidation. But that's not the point... they follow the rules of poker just like football players follow the rules of football, and BB players follow the rules of BB. If BB allows it, technically it is within the rules of the game.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Exactly. some people just don't have it in them to act a certain way, others can act a certain way in short spurts but revert back to character while others are just as they seem. Look at Jason. There was more good guy there than ruthless yet he could act a certain way for his game at times. Paul? There only seems to be one of him and he's loud and proud of all of it.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
You're talking actions. I'm talking character. Again... apples, oranges.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, it's not apples, oranges, it's the same thing.

And I'm saying you can't evaluate character when people are so busy role playing and trying to preserve their place in the house and win the money. Just like you can't evaluate the character of a football player because they hit people in the game!

Actors and actresses play murderers or whatever, and we don't think that's who they are. In this case, they are writing their own parts as they go.

Jason said some awful things to, to try and fit in.

Paul talking to Christmas last night was talking about how bad he felt for some of the other houseguests.

It may be him, it may be all game, we don't know. And anyone that thinks they do is just making a lot of unfair assumptions, IMO.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Agree to disagree.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite examples is Season 11's Russell, a mixed martial arts fighter, who was a very macho and intense player. Once he stepped out of the house and sat with Julie, he was a pussycat, an entirely different persona than he'd been in the game. That was a lesson to me to think again when I'm tempted to judge someone's character inside this game.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Google Russell's biography. He was known to be a brash, ill tempered bully before entering the house. His interviews with Julie was out of his ordinary. Which is exactly my point. lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've never liked the phrase 'agree to disagree.' I still don't. It seems like someone is really saying I don't care to continue to discuss this. That's fine. I'm not done. You can be if you'd like to be done. So, I guess that means I don't agree to disagree?

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Just a statement. Not a question. Discuss away.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that if you want to stop discussing this that is your option. That is the good thing about the Internet (and life). :-)

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Football players don't always follow the rules of football and get called on it. BB picks and chooses what is 'rules' each season depending on who they like.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Gidget, I think most people in the field call it bullying when it's between kids, and abuse between adults, or from an adult to a child.

Okay, I see now why I get confused because in the general world, bullying is a term being applied to every conceivable bad behavior.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Gidget, I have VERY dark thoughts/ideas which I would NEVER act upon. My family/friends tease me because when I find a spider indoors or a bee flopping in the pool, I rescue them and set them free.

Me, too. Well at least I save the critters. I can't honestly say I never acted on some of my darker ideas. Not recently, though.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Football players don't always follow the rules of football and get called on it.

Oh, if that were only true. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I think on balance, it's pretty fair, but clearly there's favoritism there.

So, even if BB shows favoritism, how is it different?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I see now why I get confused because in the general world, bullying is a term being applied to every conceivable bad behavior.

Yes, that's what I object to. Like I said, if everything is bullying, it ceases to have any helpful meaning.

Cruzlvr

11-12-2003

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cruzlvr a private message Print Post    
etonline article about Vic and Nicole dating. I guess it started at the premiere party of BB19 so Paul doesn't know they are dating. Vic is going to try to move to Michigan to be with her.

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-yes-big-brother-18s-nicole-franzel-and-victor-arroyo-are-dating-how-they-fell-love-86773

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That surprises me that Victor would move to Michigan since his family still lives in Slidell, and he made no secret that his family is very important to him.

Even if she doesn't have a job, he will have no problem finding a gym where he can be a personal trainer.