TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2017: General Discussion: News articles outside the house: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 07, 2017 users admin

Pattie444

07-03-2005

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pattie444 a private message Print Post    
oops cant edit too much time between

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbusaupdates&Number=26618008

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
I understand why Jessica called Alex pao pao they look alike even during the tv show they showed the two up close. It's not because she is Asian. That's a stretch. I really believe that Jessica did not make a racist comment

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
And Jessica had the power to clear things up, but instead she played all innocent. Also, everyone else who heard her say "Pao Pao" could have stepped up to clear things up as well, but they all laid low and let Megan take the brunt of it. Cowards all of them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think that people overreact to things when they are isolated in that house. Look at how excited people get about it here and we're just watching it. :-)

I agree, it's very disorienting there.

However, I am not excited. Just interested. :-)

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Yeah but Mom_of_three she also called Dominique "Davonne". So I disagree. I think she is calling them the previous HGs names because of their race.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's not because she is Asian.

Calling someone by someone else's name because they "look alike" because they are both Asian is racism. :-) She may not see it as a harmful kind of thing, and may not have meant it that way.

But it is, in fact, racist. You know, they all look alike.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Karuuna 🙏🙏🙏🙏 thank you for saying it :-)

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
So what if they had long blond hair blue eyes and she called them Jordan or red hair and was a spitfire and she called her Rachel. would she be a racist no. It's not like she called her jun who looks nothing like her. She called her a name of a girl who resembles her. Not everything in this world is racist.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I called Cody "Monte". Does that make me a bad person? I thought they looked alike and seemed to have a similar personality when I first saw him. I can't judge him now, because I don't have feeds.

It always seems to me on these reality shows is that if they have a "popular" person, they try to cast someone very similar to the original person. The old don't fix it if it ain't broke syndrome. Or the "I'm a casting director and I'm to lazy to find original people."

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My DD's attend a school where the majority of students are POC. They often say that my DD's look alike. Does that make the people who say that racist or even mean? I don't think it does and neither do my DD's because they are not at all saying it in a mean way.

I think (as always) we have to consider context.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Like Karuuna said....why did she call Dominique "Davonne". The only thing they have in common is skin color.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Jessica may well be racist. We'll see.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So what if they had long blond hair blue eyes and she called them Jordan or red hair and was a spitfire and she called her Rachel. would she be a racist no.

It's not likely that she would do that based only on looks but on game play.

Because she would just say "she looks like Jordan" they wouldn't call someone that, unless the *game play* is similar.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I called Cody "Monte". Does that make me a bad person?

Who's Monte? But even you said they "had a similar personality" - it wasn't based on looks alone.

They often say that my DD's look alike.

Your daughters are related. It's not the same thing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
By the way, when I say it's a racist comment, I don't mean it is OVERTLY racist. It's the kind of thing that is racist but she may not realize it is. And she may (or may not) have meant it in a derogatory way. Hard to say.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that it's racist but not overtly racist. For some reason it seems that people think that people of other races look similar. I think that is true of other races as well when they look at white people.

"JESSICA IS A RACIST!"

Is it racist enough for someone to say that?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
And Jessica just called Alex Pau Pau again right now.

One would think by now she would realize it's not the smartest thing to say. Unless she think's it's funny....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ya .... the more I see and think about this the more I have to agree that it's racist. BB seems to have trouble finding sixteen people who aren't racist.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I just watched last night's show and came in to read the comments.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not Jessica calling Alex Pao Pao was racist - that word tends to be thrown around too easily these days. However, add in that she called Dom Davonne and I it makes me wonder but still not ready to go there. What I am not on the fence about is Jessica is a mean girl - - not getting know her fellow housemates' names, her smirks, her knowing that she did in fact say something that started this and not owning it, her laughing at the situation - - MEAN GIRL.

I agree with whomever commented they were even more upset with Alex because of how she handled the situation.

I'm glad Megan decided to leave - - it just would not have been good for her to stay in that environment.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I will say, every year I have a hard time telling the blondes apart, they look alike to me, LOL. Thank goodness Elena's hair is sort of grey so I can at least identify her. I still confuse Christmas and Jillian

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jessica continues to call her Pao so the little slack I gave her is gone.

and Im still pissed NO ONE thought to tell Alex that Megan could have heard Pao Pao and thought it was panda. ugh!

also, I saw on twitter that Jess has referred to Dom and Davonne. So yeah, doesnt bode well for her not being slighty racist

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Agree Pamy.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-19-julie-chen-first-live-eviction-interview-1018724

Bearware

07-12-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bearware a private message Print Post    
I called Cody Spuds McKenzie

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-19-jillian-parker-eviction-interview-1019362

Reality Recaps has an interview with Megan:
http://www.yourrealityrecaps.com/bb19-live-with-megan-lowder-after-her-exit/