TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2004

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2004: The Housemates: Archive through July 11, 2004 users admin

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
The more I watch this show, the more I can't wait for the boobologically enhanced Hollywood wannabes to make their way onto my computer screen. ......... Half of the UK bunch is just way to annoying with their dumb little "revolts" and Kitten talking about Big Sister and all of the manufactured drama.

Anyone know what TONJA is up too lately?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well Kitten has earned the ire of the housemates...She's gotten three warnings from BB about her behavior, and BB has told the HG that one of them, not necessarliy Kitten will be evicted, at anytime....but this could be a trick for the fake eviction this week....

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, June 04, 2004 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well it wasn't a trick...Kitten is the 2nd contestant in the UK to be kicked out of the house for rules violations (I hear she had 34 violations in one week)....Kitten wasn't originally going to leave, but when they threatened to take 1,000 pounds out of the prize money a minute, she left (they may or may not have lost 1000 before she left)....no word if this will count as a walk (so a sub would come in ) or an eviction...it's a risky move by the producers, as she was getting a lot of press and viewers about the show, but she couldn't be controlled.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Friday, June 04, 2004 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness! I'm always the one to say "keep the interesting people on the show even if you don't like them, they're still interesting!" But Kitten was, for me anyway, the one exception to the rule. She was just TOO much. TOO contrary and TOO over the top to the point where the other HMs were being stifled and I was not enjoying the show. Now maybe things will start to gel a little more and the other HMs can blossom outside of her long shadow.

But she did redeem herself during her exit interview when she admitted to acting like "a complete idiot." I think she's a very sympathetic character, has a lot of insecurities and I would imagine did not have the cushy-ist childhood. I just think it's unfortunate that her political/ethical beliefs get drowned out by her actions.

Anyway, now we can focus on the Victor, Stuart and what's her name love triangle and the two girls who look like Gwyneth Paltro and the "tranny" (can I say that?) and whether or not Dan and Jayson are going to hook up.

You know, normal Big Brother drama.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well I miscounted....Kitten lost the group 9000 for not leaving on time, not 1000.

They had their first challenge where they could lose money. They had to pick the smartest person, and the strongest person. The smartest person was sent to the Diary Room. The strongest person was responsible for spinning a merry-go-round machine with all the other HG's on it, with a minimum speed of 15 RPM. The smartest person was then faced with a series of questions; for each one right, one of the other HG's could get off the merry-go-round (making it easier for the strong person to keep the minimum speed) a wrong answer cost them 1000 (or 2000 for the last question). What made it sneakier was that eariler in the day, BB gave them a party with cake, cookies and ice cream...in other words, stuff that you don't want to have in your stomach before you get spun around for 15 minutes or so...(surprisingly, there were no major throwups, mainly because the HG's threw some of the food around instead of eating it)....

Result:The smart person lost 5000 by missing questions; then another 1000 was deducted because one of the HG's was facing the wrong way on the merry go round.

Total money remaining: 85,000 out of 100,000 (par score: 70,000; as that has been the standard prize before)

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Wilson, how many of Stuart's questions did you guess right? I think the only one he knew that I didn't was "Who was the president of France?" and all I could think of was Fracois Meterand even though I knew that wasn't right ........ but I guessed "DJ Jazzy Jeff" to "Who did Will Smith sing......." but that was kind of a trick question.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Clio, I would have gotten most of them that wasn't "UK-based".

They had the first round of nominations....Ahmed, Michelle, and Emma. It's a viewer vote...but it's a FAKE DOUBLE EVICTION. They're going to go back to the original idea they were gong to do before the Kitten mess, with 2 people going into a secret room, messing with the others. THey'll come back later next week, after nominations that week, so they'll have that week immune.

They also are in the process of doing their first task. For the past couple of days, they've been short order chefs. 24 hours a day, BB could call and give them an order from a big menu. They have all the needed supplies (and some extra for themselves, but they have to watch it) to make everything, and once they get the order, they have 30 minutes to complete the order and put it in the dining room. If they get thru the entire period without making three mistakes, they win a "Big Brother Privilege Pass" (What that entails isn't clear right now, but apparently if a HG has one, they can get a gift from a list)....but so far, they've made 2 mistakes (Michelle forgot part of one order, and another order didn't get delivered in time)

Hamsterlady

07-03-2003

Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hamsterlady a private message Print Post    
The Fast Food Challenge sounds like a cool idea!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
they ended up losing the fast food challenge....a couple of improper orders, ione time it was late, and a number of uniform violations (they had to wear a uniform when they were doing the cooking for the task)

Michelle and Emma ended up going to the secret room in the double fake eviction.

They lost 8000 in the weekly challlenge. It was in 2 parts. 4 of the 9 HG's had to form human wheelbarrows, grab tokens, then return to a point. They did this 9 times. What the remaining 5 didn't know is that meant they had to hang for 90 seconds from a highbar over a patch of stinging nettle weeds--10 seconds for each token (so if the first group had done worse, they wouldn't have had to do as much. Each person who failed lost 2000 from the bank. Only the first person managed to succeed, so they lost 8000, and now have 77000 left.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
There's something going on......from what I read, when Michelle and Emma came back tonight from the secret room and after a party, there was some sort of a MAJOR blowup with threats of violence, things being thrown around...it was so bad, the feeds were apparently cut off....I sense we might be seeing a removal....

R151996

07-04-2003

Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send R151996 a private message Print Post    
All HMs are back on the feeds as of 5 am UK time except for Emma. The HMs are being kept in two separate groups with at least one security guard inside the house.

Living room--Victor, Jason, Stuart, Vanessa, Shell, Michelle
Bedroom--Dan, Marco, Nadia, Ahmed

Apparently the first blowup started when Marco was taunting Jason after Emma told Marco and Nadia about some of what she had seen Victor and Jason saying and doing while watching them from the bedsit. Nadia tried to intervene, and then Victor apparently pushed Nadia. Then Emma went ballistic at Victor, with Victor and Emma having to be separated by other HMs.

Feeds were cut briefly then but came back before the second incident which was not shown at all on the feeds. From what the HMs have talked about, Shell was feeling ill and Nadia was trying to help her. Somehow Vanessa and Nadia got into a fight and then Emma must have gotten involved with Vanessa.

The situation is still unclear even after having live feeds restored for two hours.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is on the BBC news site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3814929.stm

Reneeb

06-16-2004

Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reneeb a private message Print Post    
Here is a link to the clip of the fight http://www.tvtoday.co.uk/article.php?p=148&more=1

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Friday, June 18, 2004 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Looks like they should just ban food fights all together. That was what caused the fight the other night and I'm sure they've done a lot of destruction to the house during the two fights they've had in the house.

Plus, they look like idiots doing it and I don't feel I should have to be forced to watch them. (hee hee)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, June 18, 2004 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well things have calmed down for the moment...Emma, one of the main instigators in the fight, has been sequestered in the secret room for now, and is going to meet with Victor privately. If they can't come to some sort of agreement, one or both of them could be asked to leave. The eviction that was supposed to happen this week has been postponed; the two nominated people still will be up for eviction next week, and the public votes from this week will be carried over. There will not be a nomination process next week because of this.

R151996

07-04-2003

Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send R151996 a private message Print Post    
Emma has been removed from the bedsit and will not be reentering the house. The producers claim that agreed with the decision, and the HMs were informed Saturday evening.

http://bigbrother.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=5905

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This from http://www.msn.com

Police Investigate Big Brother House Brawl
Jun 18, 9:17 AM EST

The Associated Press

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
a little update....

They had a new HG, Becki, come into the house after an eviction....her first task was to secretly automatically nominate someone for eviction by kissing them on the cheek (or lose her immunity she had and be put up herself)....and she picked Michelle. She survived that vote, but Becki didn't survive after her one week immunity ran out, she was nominated, then evicted by a big margin, and then soundly booed.

The've had a couple of tasks, and the prize is down to 71,500.

Their current task is an "army" style task. Two of the HG are sergents, and are given a few privliges and who's only job is to motivate, while the others are privates, who have to do a series of duties. They're doing this for two days, but there's a twist. If the task is passed, all the privates are automatically up for eviction...but if they fail, the sergents are up.

Britchick

07-27-2001

Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
The army task is a true stroke of genius. It's a cross between the rich/poor divide of UK BB3 and the US Head of Household thing, but with it's own special evil logic.

The two sergeants who have been selected (Michelle, as the first to pick up the instructions, and Jason who was chosen by Michelle) are perfect as well. This is will create tension between Jason and his "Jungle Cat" partner-in-whispering Victor when the truth comes out.

R151996

07-04-2003

Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send R151996 a private message Print Post    
Several other international BBs have used an army task before. Australia BB2 had the HMs build a bunker of sandbags, wear a "uniform" of a helmet and army shirt, keep several HMs in the bunker on watch at all times, all have all HMs get to the bunker in uniform anytime the air raid siren sounded. The Aussie HMs also had to peel and clean potatoes.

This UK task is already doing exactly what it was designed to do--increase the tension level, as if that was needed.

Britchick

07-27-2001

Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
R151996 - thanks, I didn't know the army thing had been done before. Do you know if the Aussie BB had the same twist - if the housemates pass the task, then the 6 privates are up for eviction this week, but if they fail only the 2 sergeants are up for eviction? Only the sergeants know this and they are not allowed to tell the privates (if the privates find out about the twist, then the sergeants go up for eviction). I think it's very clever and will definitely put a spanner in the works with all the current nomination plans!