TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2015: General Discussion: TVCH changed my life forever: Archive through September 19, 2015 users admin

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I have to say something I have long told people in conversation that I have never shared here. I joined TVCH during BB1 (I was zachysmom then) having thought- surely somewhere someone who is up all night watching the feeds might tell us what happened. Sure enough lol! I Loved this place and have been here ever since. In particular during season 3 I was bedridden with a bad sciatic/nerve/shattered disc thing and being able to be on the forum all night was a miracle and helped me deal with the pain.

However- the profound difference that TVCH made was in helping me really get that people can have a completely different opinion about the same thing- one you find reprehensible,no way, uh uh, are you kidding me wrong,and that in truth they are just as right as you are. Being able to truly GET that, for example, a person could love Roddy in season 3 while I, along with Dani, saw him as the devil lol...and that their feeling was just as true, just as right as mine- that was HUGE! I know this seems obvious but it truly changed my life and has been something that I apply throughout my life. It was a shift that changed me forever and has helped me so much. SO thank you TVCH!

Cathie

08-16-2000

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Pressing the "like" button. 😀

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's amazing that we registered so long ago, it seems yesterday, I actually registered earlier but then changes of email addresses and computer systems shows I registered in 2001.

I enjoyed these boards a lot because they are monitored and keep things civil enough for me. I also enjoy other places on the clubhouse, like Tv shows, Movies, books, etc.

I confess Big Brother is not what it used to be for me, but the boards I'll always love and will keep coming here especially now that I no longer work and can stay online to my heart's content.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
TVCH became my official family after I spent Sept 11,2001 here.

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
👍

I'm more of a lurker than poster, but I LOVE this place.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What a nice thread. I may say more later but for now I'll say that I've learned a lot here and it has been a lot of fun and a great experience. So thanks everyone!

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
You reminded me of when my car was hit, and a number of posters made great suggestions for dealing with my whiplash injury. I've passed those ideas on numerous times over the years and remain so grateful for those who reached out to me. It's been on my mind today also because of seeing Vanessa and Liz hurting so much. This is an exceptional community from the moderating team to all of the posters.

Love your point about the legitimacy of all perspectives, too.

Pinklady222

07-16-2009

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pinklady222 a private message Print Post    
AMEN... I have NEVER gone ANYWHERE else...you ladies make my summer...regardless of our differences of opinion...actually BECAUSE of our differences of opinions

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Me, too! Me, too! I've been here since the first season and always appreciate it here very much (I was MarthaStewart back in the day). It's a great place and I come here all year round and appreciate all the different places on the board.

Meggie, I had a similar understanding during the season Jun and Allie were the final 2. I was amazed that people liked them as much as I disliked them. Different strokes for all of us. :-)

Cinder

09-01-2000

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinder a private message Print Post    
I found "Bigbrotherfanclub" through the CBS boards the first year. I even bought the shirt! I know i also spent some of 9/11 here. I never have been a super active poster even when I had the live feeds.
I didn't pay much attention to a few seasons of BB and I no longer get the feeds. I always come back to TVCH though and direct friends here when they want to know "what happened on BB"

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Congratulations, Meggieprice, on getting enlightenment so early in life. I have been here fifteen years and am not fully there yet. I never "got" how anybody in their right mind could like Evel Dick. I stay here hoping to achieve that zen you have. I remember ZachyD so well. You let him come into chat sometimes, and he was always so polite and knowledgeable. I suppose you are going to tell us he is no longer 12?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Meggie, I dont go to Downtown Disney without thinking of you and your family and our TVCH meets :-) xoxoxoxoo

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju- he is 23- and still polite and knowledgeable. Alas doesn't watch BB any longer but he and I travel to see Phish together while stepdad Michael stays home with the four legged kids- and he takes care of me every bit of the way and is truly a wonderful young man. Pamy we have a goal of making it back to the Happiest Place on Earth somtime when life isnt so hectic!

And yes- I do feel lucky to have somehow reached that moment of getting that other viewpoints have as much validity as mine- hard as that is sometime to swallow. Especially when I was one of those Evel Dick fans :-)

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I love spending my Summers here... (and I do come to other threads during the rest of the year .. but just not on a daily basis!)

I've spent less time this year - although still in the 20+ hour range a week... just not the 40-60 (Or more - gasp!) hours I used to spend the early years (and I was working back then! LOL!) ....

Gone are the days of word by word transcription .. but this still is the place to be over any of the other sites (this site has the easiest - oh what's the word - way to negotiate around..)

I have always loved the differing viewpoints ... because those insights that differ from mine always put into perspective the GAME ... It was like our own personal "Big Brother" experiment within theirs...

Love you all - and I'll be back next year!

Oh .. and currently (within a few hours) on the live feed discussion thread there was talk of the Princess Bride - well some theaters (Cinimark) are showing it on the 4th and I believe the 7th of October on the big screen -

They did a Grease Sing-A-Long this past month that I and a couple of friends went to .. that was a blast...(Showed the movie with the songs subtitled so everyone could sing along .. most of which didn't need the subtitles...LOL!)

Roppiepie

05-06-2004

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roppiepie a private message Print Post    
Been a member almost from the beginning and don't need to go anywhere else !Thank you mods and all you wonderful posters !

Nascarkitty

07-10-2007

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nascarkitty a private message Print Post    
Great thread! I found this site in season 1 and have found it to be one of the very best parts of the whole BB experience. I love that it is a place to commiserate when suffering through the insufferable hamsters like Maggie ( it amazes me how many of us are still scarred by that year!). Also it is so much fun to see favs like Janelle get cheered on here. This year I was rooting for JohnnyMac (he is from my hometown) and I really hope he gets to see the love he got from posters here. I have only posted here a few times, but enjoy getting to read everyone's opinions and being able to catch up on things here. Thanks to everyone, especially the wonderful mods who keep this such a terrific environment for us all!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I also love coming here. And like Meggie said, reading people's different views on what we are seeing is one of the best things. No one I know watches BB and this is my go to place where I can read about and discuss it. I also like seeing the different viewpoints which often make me change my mind. The best part of BB is that I laugh all summer long. You people have the best humor.....I read and sometimes I just burst out laughing!!
There have been some tough seasons, I will admit. I loved Evel Dick because I saw the soft, yes I said soft side of him. I also loved Amanda when everyone hated her.
I don't post a lot in the other forums, but I certainly read them. I read about Survivor here, but don't think I ever posted.
I started lurking here, I think, from season 1 of BB but I didn't join until a few years later when I decided that I was ready to post!!
Thank you all for being there to talk about BB and showing me different viewpoints, bringing me up to date when I can't watch the feeds either because I am out, or I don't have the patience to listen to people like Vanessa, and especially for making me laugh.
I have looked at other places but can't really navigate them. I find TVCH the easiest to get around and I love the posters.
The mods are all great. They keep us in line when we go off track and remind us when we are unknowingly attacking another poster.

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
I had a similar experience. My mother died 8/21/2000 and I found Survivor as my distraction. But when I told some people on TVCH that I had just lost my mother I heard crickets chirping. I guess some didn't want to bear the burden of trying to cheer me up. I too changed my user name.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
(((Lardbrick))) I"m so sorry that you didn't get noticed when your mom died. Sometimes folks don't know what to say, or sometimes things can get lost, esp during BB.

I know folks do care though, and I'm getting the benefit of that kindness today in the "In Memoriam" thread.

We may fuss at each other over BB, politics and whatever, but bottom line, whatever our disagreements are, we do care about all our fellow TVCHers.

Pamb

09-17-2006

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamb a private message Print Post    
Although I am only a lurker, I do so throughout the summer. This is the first place I check in the morning and the last place at night. I so enjoy all the banter. And the information. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post. I gave up the live feeds a couple of years ago but hardly feel the need for them with all the excellent information provided here.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I encourage anyone who is lurking here or in other threads to please consider posting more. Posting and discussion is great and your posting will make TVCH an even better place. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
((Lardbrick))) TVCH was kinda new then. I guarantee that the people here now would show you support beyond your expectations.

We have so many other threads besides the show threads where we support each other, help each other, and offer our thoughts.

xooxxooxxo

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I always say a lurker can become a poster with a single post and hopefully they will catch the bug!

I've been here since season 1, though the first year at least I was only here for BB but then did start looking around. And stayed.

And indeed we can have highly different opinons but that just makes life more spicey even when we simply cannot understand why someone likes so and so or doesn't appreciate this person or show.

And the support can be amazing. And Lardbrick, I understand how it can hurt when something so important falls on seeming deaf ears. It really isn't for lack of compassion here, just often timing or placement, fast moving threads, others being distracted but it still hurts, I know.

People do care even when no longer here. I'm not on Facebook so I don't keep up widely off the board but when I was diagnosed with cancer and had a caringbridge, people warmed my hearts by somehow finding out and posting there, and of course here too.

And when we meet we meet as friends already.. it is always amazing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Meggie.. when you do get to Disney, that's the day I'll pay the price to go again, for hours!! I'll never forget all our times at Disney!! Land, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, the hotel..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sea, good times. All TVCH meets are awesome!!