TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Pre-Show Thread

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2004: Pre-Show Thread users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
From what I hear, the UK BB starts May 28th..

Some bits of info and rumors...

-There is an large outdoor see-thru shower this year. If the HG's want some modesty, there is a button they can press to turn the glass surrounding hte shower from clear to opaque

-There might be a chance for the evicted to get revenge. There's a rumor that each week, the evicted person gets to nominate one person, and that person is automatically up for the eviction vote.

Saggkl

07-17-2002

Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Is their web page on BBC UK?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Do we have a web page address yet, seems they should be broadcasting soon.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
try Channel 4 which is the network showing it. We probably won't be able to get feeds here, because it's likely subscription, but there are a lot of meesage boards about the show, I'll post some later. It starts Friday afternoon here on the East Coast..

The theme this year from what I've read is "Big Brother goes evil". The rumors include:

-the house is "ugly looking", a lot of unusual colors and such.

-there is a rumored "punishment room", where HG's would have to do humiliating tasks if they break the rules or lose challenges and the like.

-The prize money has increased for the winner from 70,000 to 100,000 British Pounds....IF they can hold on to it. Supposedly, every week there will be a live task. If they fail the task, they lose 10,000 pounds from the purse. Since the show will run for 10 weeks instead of the usual 9, theoretically, if they lose all ten tasks, they could be playing for nothing!

-The show runs until the first week of August.....which brings up the possibility that they may do the "ambassador" thing with another BB...maybe even ours.

Hamsterlady

07-03-2003

Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hamsterlady a private message Print Post    
I just tried the LFs (I keep Superpass year-round) and it told me that BB is not available to those outside of Europe. :-(

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well there's a lot of boards and websites that have info.... here's one of the best ones in my view, and it'll have a ton of info once it starts Friday

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, May 28, 2004 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds6114.html

WOW does this UK house ever have an interesting mix of people!!

No doubt the USA house will have the usual batch of Hollywood wannabees...(and one gay who may or may not be there for their BIG BREAK)

I love the way the ODDS are posted right on the home page LOL.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well they had their first challenge tonight....They all had to vote for one person to NOT get their bags for the whole series....Kitten lost. And in a change for the first week, there won't be a normal nomination process and public vote...instead, the HG"s will do a straight vote to evict....but it won't be a real eviction. What will happen is the person voted "out" will instead go to a secret room in the house and be able to watch everything...and possibly get some revenge. Speculation is that person will later on reenter the house, but having the knowledge of everything....and this is probably the reason for the extra week.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
And I am liking THAT "twist" a LOT! I've always thought it would be neat if the evictees got to live "inside" the walls of the house and see what was going on.

But this show is blowing me away. I haven't see the other UK BBs and I know this is supposed to be a "mean" one but I think this one is going to give me nitemares! BB sounds so scary and there is this tinge of impending doom that fills the air. ........... I'm sure they're having fun though, wish I could see the feeds!

Bastable

07-09-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
And one of the HGs is a transsexual! The first night, the gay contestant rolled over in bed and said to another contestant, "I think she's a ladyboy."

Roaring!

Did you hear that the designers also tried to create a house that was a jarring and as unpleasant as possible? It's half the size of the old house, and it's full of colors and shapes that, psychologically speaking, screw up the mind. Can't wait!

Bastable

07-09-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
By the way, has anyone outside of the UK been able to figure out how to view the feeds?

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's possible. ......... the only way I can imagine would be if you were able to mask your IP address, but then again, it may be looking for IPs within the UK as opposed to blocking those that aren't. Seems a little unfair, I'd be glad to pay for them.

Hamsterlady

07-03-2003

Monday, May 31, 2004 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hamsterlady a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I wish we on this side of the ocean could watch them also. I'd be willing to pay to see their feeds as well. They seem like quite a lively and interesting bunch!

Bastable

07-09-2002

Monday, May 31, 2004 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
I was able to subscribe to them last year. Why the change? I swear, I hate Real Networks about as much as I could hate any company!

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
But then again, the British HMs scare me just a little bit. I'm kinda glad I can't see them any more than I do.

Koko586

02-25-2004

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Koko586 a private message Print Post    
The British HG have a loud gong that keeps sounding until they get up in the morning. We need this in the US version!

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
YES! I forgot to mention that. LOVE IT!!!!! ........ Also love that "snoog" thing. If you are gonna put people in the house with the hopes that they are gonna hook up, at least give them a place to do it in!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: