TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through November 26, 2014 users admin

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the Friday games last season. Even without the elaborate sets they build in the US. I think because in general I end up liking most of the people in the house in Australia, compared to in the US, where I don't like most of the people in the house. Much of that has to do with the format of the show.

I've been watching the US version of big brother since it first started. I've had the live feeds for every season as well. I think this will be my last year watching the US version of big brother. For probably the last five years, I've just gotten so tired of the format and style, and was barely into it this past year.

I love watching the live feeds, but even with that, I don't believe it's enough to keep me watching BBUS anymore.

BBAU puts the house against big brother (in a good way) and gives big brother a personality, both which I really like. Instead of the housemates against each other, and BB basically just standing back and silently watching, which is what we get in the US.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Priya wants Skye in as many arguments as possible to make sure Skye doesn't beat her, all while 'posing' as Skye's buddy/. (Cricket)

True, so true. Priya's relationship with Lina is somewhat similar. Priya's two 'best friends' are the two people she can control. They're her 'puppets'.

Priya's real problem with David was she couldn't control him.

Priya is shrewd. Definitely the best game player/strategist during this whole season. "Strategy Dave" was an amateur in comparison to Priya's abilities to control/influence the other HMs.

However, I don't think she'll win as I'd be surprised if the AU public votes for an immigrant to win. Has there ever been a BBAU winner who wasn't Caucasian and Australian born? Priya might end up as high as 2nd place, but I will be really surprised if she is crowned the winner of BBAU over Skye, Travis or Ryan.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trevor, Season 4 winner was black. Not sure if any of them were immigrants. I don't think there's much issue with Indian immigrants in Australia. Not that I think Priya will win, but I don't see her immigrant status as a big issue.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I've realized that at this point I won't mind if any of them win. The ones I really didn't want to win are all gone, and I'm fine with the rest. Well, I admit I'd be a little mystified if Ryan won, but I wouldn't be annoyed. At least he made a good HOH when his time came.

Saguaro, your last paragraph is exactly what I love about this BB version. Big Brother needs to have an actual Big Brother character messing with them and forcing them to work as a team at tasks.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree that the star of this show is Big Brother, maybe it's his voice, I was attracted to this mysterious voice the first time I heard it last year, a Big Brother so friendly and so sexy was a surprise to me because I thought it would be the cold, merciless Big Brother of 1984 or the absent big brother in the US. But down under it was the real force behind the show, his interaction with the housemates and especially his relationship with Tim, these two liked to spend time together, Tim telling Big Brother his views on the whole group made me see a story evolving, there was a continuity with Tim's storytelling whereas this year the story seemed disjointed, maybe bad editing but I had difficulty understanding what came first or after or how relationships evolved.

Big Brother down under is the real star of the show, that's for sure.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
No eviction tonight but an interesting show with all secrets revealed, editors did a good job in portraying them as they really are, the easily annoyed Brian, the picky Pryia, the growing up Skye needs to still do, the 'let's laugh it off' Travis, the no nonsense Lina, and the insecure Penny.

Those I really do not want to win are Penny, Lina and Ryan.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for Priya being picked on so much today. She tried so hard to pretend she's okay with it but you can tell it's getting to her. Bit cruel by the others I thought, but really that's the way Travis and Ryan are, so no surprise.

I would like Priya to win. Nobody I hate there but I have good reasons for the others not to win.

The bookies now have Travis above Skye:

Ryan 1.5/1
Travis 2.5/1
Skye 3.25/1
Priya 17/1
Penny 34/1
Lina 67/1

I really wanted Priya to a least make it to the final day, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Ryan winning? Then it's a major flop this season. Compare Ryan with Tim then you know something really wrong happened this time around...

I'd love to see Pryia win.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
The clips of Ryan's comments about Skye were hard to watch. "So tacky it's disgusting." I had to look up "grot" to learn that it means dirty or untidy. As her face was falling, he was just sitting there beaming and laughing. And then her comments about him were so flattering, in spite of all the nomination points she gave him. Loved Skye's comment saying she's surprised he's still in there now that she sees how much he bashes people. That's how I've felt for some time.

I also loved Priya's remark that Travis is hoping to become friends with Ryan again, because I was just thinking the same thing right before she said it. In spite of all her pettiness in this episode, she was cracking me up. Especially while watching the clips.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
No surprise Lina was first to go and then Penny but was sad to see Priya go (I've been spelling her name wrong the whole time until I saw the sign with her name on it she was holding while talking to Sonia). She should have been one of the last three, she should have been there instead of Ryan. What the heck is he still doing in there? And to say he'll win Big Brother it's just too bad. If Skye goes then Travis is my next choice to win but not Ryan.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I noticed they spent about 4 minutes with Lina and 20 with Penny. They should have had Penny on at the start instead of, say, Gemma. Might have made for a completely different season.

No $5000 voucher for Lina or Penny, but what about the third out? Havent got that far yet.

So Priya is third out. Another very predictable eviction night. So predictable even the housemates got it with their "winner nominations"

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Tim winning last year was a fluke for BBAU.
Most of the winners throughout the years have been another version of Ryan or Travis, not like Tim at all.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I was wondering how they would handle giving the $5000 to one of them and not the 2 late intruders, Sonia tells Priya "because you were an original housemate, and you were such a legend in the house, appliancesonline.com.au...".

Funny, Marina and Leo were not "original" housemates, and Marina was in there less than Lina and Penny and yet she got the $5000.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Predictable but sad all the same, to me Priya was the only one left who deserved to win, but as we know from many seasons and many variations that's not the way it works.

I guess I want Ryan to win, mostly because I don't want Travis or Skye to win. Not that bothered though.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Priya was too much of a stirrer and gossip to win BBAU. Thats pretty much all we ever saw out of her the entire season.

If Ryan wins this as it looks like he will, he can thank the Australian public for their early boot of the 2 anchors that were dragging him down, Sam and Sandra.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I would imagine Travis and Ryan might split the vote for "genuine Aussie bloke" and Skye might be the winner after all. We'll find out very soon.

Mickiej

07-25-2004

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej a private message Print Post    
Looks like Ryan won. Never sensed his game play, maybe it was his dry humor that swayed the votes. I thought Travis might have brought it home. But once again, not a woman winner.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I figure it wasn't a vote for Ryan as much as a vote against Skye/Travis???

At least I had a sense of Skye/Travis & don't know who Ryan was.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
IMO--A disappointing end to a disappointing season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree, a boring winner for a very disappointing BB season. What a difference a year ago! Watching last season finale was such a pleasure compared to this one!

Let's sing, 'you can't always get what you want...'

But I did love reading all your comments and I'm gonna miss you all.

To you all a happy holiday season!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Given that the finale was with people I didn't particularly care for I didn't think it was too bad. And I would much rather Ryan win than the self obsessed Skye and Travis, so that was good.

They're going to have to do something major to make this work next year. I think every decision, from casting, the pairs only lasting a week, gimmicks like the fake eviction, timing of intruders, lack of fun stuff, it all led to a really unentertaining season.

But I will be very glad to get five extra hours back a week, so that's good ;).

Happy holidays folks!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They kind of skimped on the finale compared to past seasons.

Where was the cheesy dance number with all the past houseguests? Sounded like more budget cuts, apparently they all just got there today.

Instead there was a boring little speaking bit in front of video clips for 5 or 6 of them.

Everything else pretty much followed the script from past seasons' finales.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Ryan winning was the best outcome of those left in the final three. Not to use the old bad edit excuse, but we barely saw 30 minutes a day of the 24 hours they filmed and so much of it was a choppy, out of sequence edit. Even less when you consider they dropped down to only 4 shows a week. We don't know what was left out but the 19 people who LIVED in the house sure know what really happened and 13 of them when asked by Sonya were #TeamRyan versus 3 each for Travis & Skye. 12 of them were #TeamRyan even before Lina/Penny/Priya were eliminated if Sandra's tweet from Monday is correct.

Let's be honest, whoever won this season would have been a huge let down in comparison to the brilliant entertaining 2013 season of Tim Dormer, Tahan, Ben, Drew, Mikkayla and Jade.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
No more BB's 'til next year. Sob, wail, sob.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Next year is only about five weeks away, Puzzled! CBB UK is on in January I presume.