TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through November 11, 2014 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
And what happened to Surly? What happened to the secret missions and tasks? All we got was mean-spirited fake internet chats

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Definitely the heavy cuts hurt the show but I wonder if the editors are the same as last year, they seemed to do a better job last year. Surly was cute, although I didn't understand him clearly..
The 2 hour finale was well put together and Tim's goodbye to 'his' backyard and his entrance to the greetings of the audience made him look like a rock star... compared to our US winner it really looked like Tim was a much more 'celebrated winner'. But who knows if they'll be putting the same extravaganza for the finale this year...

Mickiej

07-25-2004

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej a private message Print Post    
Outside of sharing the name, and the basic premise of a show, there is no similarities between BBUS or BBAUS. I have watched BBUS, either by live feed, or the regular TV shows since its inception. BBUS has gone from an interesting concept to a lame excuse for sapping many hours a week from viewers. Albeit my watching time for the past few years is a tenth of normal, due to my dissatisfaction with the show. Live feed allows me to record and fast clip through the garbage.

Thus my reason for wanting to tune into Australia's version. Even with its production problems, it has been interesting to watch its various nuances. The lack of live feeds gives me pause, as then it becomes more of a scripted or directed show. But am impressed with expectations of the HM to follow the rules. I like the public input, but not sure it should all be up to their votes. Their house is pretty decent, and nicely done. I wish BBUS would returned to its roots and revamp their show. Their contract has been extended 2 more years, which I suspect one will be some type of All Star season.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Flagg, excellent view on the points! David is my least favorite and I want him to go, my next would be Ryan. Ryan has done nothing to win this game but spew negativity and nose pick, I can not help myself, I like Skye. David hates her so much because of the clip they seen on her noms that day. It shows his need for revenge and he focuses on attacking her in front of others, Skye reacts, it just makes me root for her that much more.

Last year was a great season, it is hard to believe this is BBAU, the BB I just thought had it down pat... did it get sold to a new channel? New producers? What happened? Three days off a week makes it harder to retain interest as well. I noticed BBUK was watered down this year too.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Maybe it is coming to an end.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well, I couldnt care less about Surly himself, but what was entertaining was the secret tasks and missions he had them do that would stir things up in the house.

Its funny that both BBUK and BBAU did the "Power Housemate/Power Play" theme this season, and both of them were probably the worst seasons in their respective histories.

Unfortunately BBAU was MUCH worse than BBUK was. As much as Helen was hated, she made it interesting and sometimes fun to watch. BBAU got rid their "Helen" in week 2 or 3.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I would not be surprised if they have a different production team, definitely a new (more likely none at all) task team and probably new writers.

Not one aspect of the show has lived up to the quality of past seasons.

But ultimately I think it comes down to the casting. There were far too many under the radar/floaters/fence sitters. Dion, Jake, Jason, Prya, Leo, Aisha, Marina... None of them did much of anything and contributed very little to the content of the show.

Then you had Ryan/Sandra/Sam who were nothing but negative and whining.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, November 08, 2014 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think Tim helped make last season of BBUK fun. His comments and diary room sessions were funny.

I still like BBAU and I'm actually rooting for a "girl" win. Pryia seems to be smart, strategic, and stable. I think Skye is hilarious and she really needs to make up with Leo to recuperate her "likeability" factor.

I'm glad that Pryia and Skye are close to each other. They could actually help each other get to the top.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
HoH was voted by the housemates this week, it was a tie between Richard and Travis. Dave broke the tie and gave it to Travis. Due to strategy of course, he is hoping the power goes to Travis's head.

Shopping task this week is another one stolen from BBUK, the "remote control" task where BB makes them pause, rewind, fast forward, etc.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I predicted Travis was going to have the power, either by the public or the housemates, too bad it had to come down to a tie and David had to decide because this is going to play in his favour since Travis will reward David.

I don't know how much Skye getting closer again to Leo is going to help her, Australians seem not liking her very much for some reason her popularity is just above that of Richard and Tom who I think will be evicted. But if there is a third eviction she could be in danger.

I think the 'freeze' task with total strangers was easier than the one they had last year when their family members were there, it was definitely harder and better played last year.

I don't mind a woman winning this year and if Pryia makes it to final she may win it.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Right now, Tom is the one that I really can't take much more of in the house, and I want him gone! And what's up with his new haircut? Yikes!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Tom is gone tomorrow.

Skye is still popular. There is nobody in there who can overtake her, except maybe Ryan due to the predominantly female voters.

Tom constantly harping on about Skye, arguing with her, and then refusing to discuss his issues with her just makes him look bad and he will surely be gone tomorrow.
Either Tom or else Richard because he does nothing and gets no screen time.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Tom is majorly annoying. I hope he goes.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I liked the amount of content in this episode. Not a lot of rehashing and nonsense. It gave a much better understanding of what's going on in the house. They definitely showed a lot more of Tom, although it didn't work to his advantage.

Interesting that Leo considered himself one of the "originals," totally forgetting that he is also an intruder. It's mind-boggling how many originals have been evicted instead of him. Hilarious to see him and Skye falling for the tour group spiel, without even questioning whether or not it was real or fake. And now they're going to let it dictate their relationship. You just have to laugh. This is when you see just how much public perception means to people.

Skye has either lost some fans, or the ones who never liked her are just getting more vocal. But I still think she's got at least a few more evictions before she needs to worry. And if she somehow gets the power again, her stock will go up. She's hilarious when she has the power.

The remote control task looks so much more difficult than the freeze task, just because of the rewind part. Who can remember every word they just said well enough to say it all backwards? I imagine at some point somebody's loved one will be involved. They've been using them quite a bit this season for the tasks.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Hmm. Was this the first time Lina didn't cry at an eviction?

I was totally expecting Sonia to ask Tom about the pictures of Ryan grabbing his backside during their post-eviction group hugs.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not sure where some of you are getting the idea that Skye has lost a lot of fans. She is still obviously the most popular, and Tom's eviction after his constant bashing of Skye just reinforces that.

After all the build up, Sonia going in the house was a major failure and quite a bore.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Lest we forget...

I didn't know down under have the same Remembrance Day we have here, one April I was there and they had a similar holiday on that month. I guess we didn't see this last year since BB was already over on November 6.

No surprise eviction this time, I thought there would be at least 2 and then another one tomorrow. But I guess tomorrow we should see Richard leave.

Can you confirm that Pryia gave Travis the wrong spelling of burglary or was it that Travis just didn't understand??? I don't think he is dumb but I can't understand why he has so much trouble spelling words...

Big Brother is a bit sadist to treat Pryia and her hubby that way... but I guess he couldn't pick anyone better than them for a scene like that.

With Tom out of the way, sour grapes should start to disappear but until there is Ryan and David the sour taste may continue. If Richard goes tomorrow Leo and Travis should buddy up but if they get closer to David and Ryan the girls will be in trouble.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Prya had the right spelling all along, it was Richard that insisted it was "burgulary"

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I edited the work of a Nobel prize winner in Physics, who couldn't spell for beans, and my Dad was a Foreign Exchange broker who couldn't spell. (We used to laugh because my mother, whose first language wasn't English, spelled perfectly.) It really has nothing to do with intelligence.

Remembrance Day is a big deal in Canada. There's a big ceremony in Ottawa that's televised, and numerous ceremonies on the nearest Sunday, all over.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is a big deal here in Canada and I follow every year, very moving ceremony. I was surprised to see it in the Big Brother house because I remembered a similar day in the month of April, I think it's Anzac Day over there, to commemorate the fallen during the war.

About the spelling, I comment on the show shortly after watching and the memory I have of the scene and maybe not understanding every word they say, in that scene it seemed to me that Richard was quiet while Pryia was spelling out the words for Travis, I may have missed when Richard spelled, but why wouldn't Travis listen more to Pryia than to Richard for that particular word, I saw Travis spelling in front of them and both Pryia and Richard thought he had all the words right.

I can't remember what Travis couldn't have because of the failed spelling.

To tell Travis, and in a way to the Australian public, that Ryan is one of the most popular it may be a way for Aisha to warn Travis about Ryan being popular and consider this in his super power. If Travis is smart he should try to get Ryan nominated with some other very popular ones and see which one will get more or less votes.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Travis had it right when they were all in the Diary Room together, but then in the spa when Pryia wasn't there, he was told it was spelled b-u-g-u-l-a-r-y.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anzac Day is to commemorate when Australia entered WW1. Remembrance Day/Armistice Day (today), or a version of it, is commemorated in many of the countries who took part in WW1, and commemorates the date of the end of WW1. It's huge, at least in Commonwealth countries, I've been on a British Airways flight at 11am and they've even had a minute's silence on the flight.

Priya definitely spelled burglary correctly, but separately Richard persuaded him/agreed with him that there was a u in it. I wonder what they would have done if he hadn't won back the stolen stuff, as Priya's $8K was in it.

I've only just caught up, and was confused with them saying there's an eviction tomorrow, I thought I was behind a day. I had to tentatively read this thread to see what you guys had seen! Wonder why they didn't keep to the normal day.

Tom is no loss. I'd like Lena to go tomorrow. I can see that Penny might get a bit tiresome with time but right now I love her!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Kitt,
Lina can't go tomorrow, she wasn't nominated.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well that's a shame! Richard then, I guess. I think Penny would get a lot of votes. Maybe Leo if people forgot to vote for him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Looked at the odds at Sportsbet (the site Travis mentioned). Odds to win are:

Skye 1.9/1
Ryan 3.2/1
David 4.25/1
Travis 10/1
Priya 13/1
Penny 16/1
Leo 21/1
Lina 26/1
Richard 41/1

So either that's changed since today's episode (when Aisha told Travis he was in the top three) or she lied or guessed.

My feeling is Skye's chances are falling (she's looked awful lately, especially when she spoke to Leo that first time). I think Ryan will win, although I don't entirely know why he's so popular, earlier on he was pretty annoying.