TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 31, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 31, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Also next eviction is a special MONDAY live show, which is odd as the tv guide says the Tuesday show is the long one. Do they mean taped live and shown on Tuesday I wonder?!

At the Dreamworld ticket site they have:

Monday Nov 3rd 6.45-9.30pm Cairns = 7.45-10.30pm AusET which roughly matches with the 8.30-10pm show we see

Tuesday Nov 4th 6.45-9.30pm Cairns = 7.45-10.30pm AusET which doesn't seem to work with the 7.30-9.30pm tv show advertised

Tues day Nov 11th is the next one they have after that, so no live Monday show that week. Unless they change it.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I read that Tim (last year's winner) commented that the percentages may be "fudged". The broadcaster are required to report the votes in correct order but are under no obligation to report numbers. It's my understanding that the percentages may be under/overstated to encourage voting.

Thanks to Kitt as always for providing us the BB schedules. Unfortunately, BBAU is not consistent in their programming. I've been staying up/getting up half the time to watch it live, but it's way too late/early for me. It will be easier with the time change.

I hope the Sanctuary task stays for awhile. They have a LOT of people to move out in a short amount of time. With the finale scheduled for 26 November, that's just about 4 weeks & 12 HM to go. They usually leave 5 for the finale that leaves 8 to go in 3 weeks. They will have to do a double eviction & a couple of triple evictions weekly to get on track. I bet that this week will be the double & after that 2 from the house & 1 from the sanctuary will go or maybe they will evict 2 of the 4 intruders.

I am so glad the couples were split up, I imagine Sky & Lawson are probably even relieved. I was surprised that Ryan put Travie in the Sanctuary but he did seem about sick of him.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
If his goal was to split up the pairs, he kind of had his picks made for him.

Lawson and Dave are his pals so they wouldnt go, so that pretty much leaves Travis and Leo as the 2 males and Cat as one of the females. And then Prya like he said because any of the other females would have kept a pair together.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, I had the same thought about Lawson and Skye. They may be secretly relieved, especially Skye. I think she's got a touch of buyer's remorse about Leo, maybe because of the new guys coming in. It was the same with Jake when Leo came in. Plus, seeing Leo get called out for his gossip might have made her realize the stuff he slings can splatter back on her.

Funny that Skye didn't notice Leo used the same tactic on Travis that he used on her when she confronted him about using her for her popularity. He turns the tables and upbraids them for thinking the show is all about them. It was also funny that Skye was upset Aisha told Travis what they'd said, when she ratted out Priya to Leo.

Speaking of Priya, why did Sonya refer to her as Ryan's nemesis? Am I forgetting something obvious? I can't remember them clashing over anything.

Is it safe to assume the people next door will still be shown on TV, and will still be allowed to visit like the intruders did? I guess this means they don't have to participate in the tasks.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Did BB ask Cat what she thought of the swap? I heard Travis, Pryia and Leo but can't remember if Cat spoke about it. The only one really bored to tears was Cat, from the few clips of her on the show.

The only one who is pissed about not knowing what the swap is doing is Ryan. He's trying to convince himself and the housemates that the 4 of them are hating each other. He wants to convince himself he did a great thing but talking about it makes him look like he's really not sure at all and would like to take a peek and see what is really going on in the Sanctuary. Of course we know they're miserable but I'm glad Ryan can't see it.

My predictions that Aisha and Skye would stick together and Ryan, Lawson and David would stick together and the 4 intruders would stick together obviously was wrong as they all try to mingle together and David has Aisha as sounding board and then is happy everything is going so great that he shaves again.

Obviously they're asking the 4 intruders what they think of the swap, and other things, and Ryan and David and Lawson trying to tell them what they think of the others but they should realize that these 4 intruders have seen them for at least a month and should already have a fairly good opinion of every housemate.

I didn't really understand what Pryia was complaining about the chanting in the pool 'defense', did you understand what was that all about?? Her teacher ways to handle 4 guys was great to see, but Richard seemed a bit annoyed, I think he's even worse than Ryan, really stuck up.

I caught a snipped of conversation, the funny guy intruder was telling Skye to stop eating so much because although she has a great body she could... finally someone in the house who wants to warn Skye what all the food is doing to her (it was when she was eating the ice cream cone). She laughed it off saying "I know...." obviously as a 20 year old she is not worried but I thought girls at that age nowadays are more aware what food could do them. So, obviously this shows to me that Skye has no excess of vanity, and this is a good thing, she had a great body, now fattening up a bit but not too worried...

Anyway, the swap was a very interesting twist with this season, something like this had to happen to break up a boring pattern.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think "defense" was their way of saying "fight! fight! fight!" to encourage a big argument between David and Priya. I was so impressed with how she handled it, it might not have been serious but it could very easily be the start of behaviour in the house that would be detrimental to her time there, so she just nipped it in the bud. I bet she's a great teacher!

Still watching today's show... not sure I like any of the newbies, they all seem to be very tactical. But then a lot of the other main group are tactical too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Keep getting busy this morning, but I didn't mean to ignore your comment, Willwillbe about Tim saying they have to announce the order of the votes but can fudge the numbers. I don't know if I believe him, I wonder if he heard something about rounding and didn't quite understand.

For instance say one person got 15.5% and one got 16.4%, they can say they are neck and neck at 16% (true if you round to whole numbers) or they can give the decimal place and reveal they're almost a percentage point apart. If someone told that to a non numerical person they might take that as "fudging the numbers" but in reality each number is accurate, just to a different degree.

I might be naive but I just don't know how their regulations would allow them to actually display incorrect numbers.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The best thing that could have ever happened to Ryan was getting rid of Sandra and Sam. When they were around he was a negative, b****y little gossip and now that they are gone and he is forced to interact with the rest of the house, I am liking him a lot more .

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I can see that too Flagg, but there is still David who I think can do more damage than Sam or Sandra did. Then there is that new guy Richard who I think is getting closer to Ryan and these two together are not great.

There is a lot we don't see because I totally missed when Skye and Ryan became 'buddies', when did that happen?? All of a sudden Ryan likes her? Mmmm, he was telling the intruders that she's actually funny and he likes her better now, and she is also getting chattier with him... who knows when that happened.

Kitt, I too think Pryia handled the guys roundup led by David quite well, okay she is a teacher but I think a good one, and David should have known better than to mess with her... liked her 'take the bull by the horns' stand and stop it on time. However, she is aware that they would be talking about it behind her back and that she cannot avoid, especially now that she is in the sanctuary, she may really feel like she can't defend herself anymore.

It all depends how long Big Brother intends to keep them in the Sanctuary, short visits don't seem to be allowed. I like total separation for a while and let both groups stew a bit about what's really happening on both sides of the wall.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm also liking Ryan more. I feel a little bad about that though, because I think he's one of those people who says cutting things, and if they're to someone you don't particularly like then it's amusing, but if it's to someone you do like it's horrible.

And I'm liking David less. All along they've said he tries to stir things but I hadn't noticed until the Priya thing quite how cruel or conniving he could be about it. Yes, Spunky, he should have know better than to mess with her!!

I hope BB have some good plans with what to do about the divide. Unlike when Travis was there alone.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
It's funny, but even though I generally like Priya I felt she blew it with this mountains out of molehills upbraiding. She corrected Travis's joke that she fell asleep drinking coffee, and David made a joke about how defensive she gets. They all joined in the joke, and she got more defensive.

Bottom line, she cost them a life in the task. If they want to tease her about it, she should just take her lumps instead of nitpicking over what she was actually drinking. Obviously they were teasing and not attacking, so why make such a fuss? She and David both take themselves way too seriously. And I don't think her problem was that the neighbors don't know her well enough yet, but that she doesn't know them.

Hilarious that all the halves of the couples who stayed in the house are happier with their other halves gone, while the ones in the sanctuary are mad. Ryan managed to choose the three who were the most lovesick to eject. Even Aisha was like "It had to be done." And now they're enjoying getting to talk to more people.

I suspect it was Sandra leaving that led to Ryan and Skye getting closer, but we won't know because they show us next to nothing. So frustrating. Who knew Marina could speak that many sentences in a row? Her farewell was the most we've seen of her. Funny how when Marina was seen as the initiator flirting with Travis, Aisha was annoyed. But when Marina put the blame on Travis, suddenly it was Marina misunderstanding his affectionate personality. Travis looked silly saying Marina was bitter. Bitter about what? She has a real relationship to go home to.

I can't tell if the others really like David, or if they see him as a weak link since the others dismiss him. It was very telling that he said he's gotten that all his life. Lina picked up on that. She's very sharp. She may have been chosen as insurance in case Priya goes.

Tadpole to dinosaur. Ha! Skye has a knack for saying something completely weird, but then explaining it so that it makes sense.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Tadpole to dinosaur. I missed that! Was she referring to someone and who? Sorry... sometimes I just don't understand what they're saying.

I get that Pryia got a bit defensive and showed a bit of lack of humour, she could just laugh it off, but that's not her, as a teacher she may have seen that 'roundup' as bullying and wanted to put a stop to it right away and show her students how to do it. She does it so well that for once I liked a girl standing up for herself.

There was definitely a "Tim" moment when Skye in the Diary Room was saying how crazy Penny is, even crazier than her, it reminded me a bit of when Tim said the same thing about the funny girl intruder who almost stole the show last year, with the difference that Skye was saying that as a compliment but Tim was saying it as someone was better than him and stomping on his turf...

I've got to watch todays' show because then we don't have any more for three days!! This long lull is hurting the show I think.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not quite sure what happened there with that whole conversation and argument with a drunken Skye and Lawson and David.

From what I was hearing, David was the one being nasty and deliberately telling her that various non-words were real words and Lawson was telling her the truth but then she blew up at Lawson and apparently had no problem with Dave.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand either... couldn't understand also why Skye was wearing those pants (same as Ryan!!!!!) and sprawled on the zebra rug, maybe that was the idea of her lying there, good eye effect, but it was more of a separation from the group and putting Skye on the spot even more because of that separation, I wonder if some scenes are really staged... who knows, but while David may be the instigator Lawson is the one who won't shut up about it and I wonder if he's also told to do it because it doesn't make sense to me that he's antagonizing a popular housemate. Also pairing them with the newcomers, don't they know that they've been watching them for a month or so? Unless, they were segregated somewhere, I doubt, because down under do things differently than the US BB. The intruders should know exactly all the www 'what' and 'who' and where, Lawson spelling it out to Lina and trying to give his own spin is just to show us what his opinions are but I hope Lina is smart enough to judge for herself.

Leo is really miserable but still he and Travis can't like each other, at least Travis is trying to see the funny side of the situation, but Leo is totally pissed. They're showing much less the Sanctuary and for an eviction to come next, and double, makes me think the public will vote out either Cat or Leo unless they want to see the 'big reunion'... if they're curious they may vote out Prya who was just above Marina last eviction.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Skye was drunk, hence the sprawling and trawling. Yeah, Lawson was helping her and David wasn't but I guess she couldn't work that out. She was pretty obnoxious I thought.

Yeah, not fair on the Sanctuary people being up for eviction if they don't get any air time.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, just realised they were still on the sleeping task. To be honest I'd forgive them anything when they'd hardly slept in days.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I don't think Skye was drunk, maybe sleep deprived but not drunk, when you're drunk you don't feel hurt, she was pissed when leaving the argument and couldn't help the tears when Aisha was comforting her, you don't get those hurt feelings when you're drunk. She knew exactly what they were doing to her, unfortunately she' no Pryia and couldn't win an argument with those guys. I don't understand why others who say are friendly with Skye don't try to intervene, what the heck are they afraid of? Aisha did it for Travis but didn't feel confident enough to do it for Skye... I wonder how much of a friend she is to Skye. The newcomers have immunity, couldn't that Penny say anything in defense of Skye? They're all afraid to speak up, I guess, too bad because Big Brother would love to see a fight thinking the public would like to see that too. It's during arguments that they're showing their true colours...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It seemed more like teasing with Skye than it did the other day with Priya. Although the others knew the word was wrong they also couldn't think of the right word, so I got the impression they were just playing around. The only one who started to be an idiot about it was the newbie male (not sure which one it was) then Lawson and David took over and made it playful again. I thought Skye was the only one who took it from chat to accusation. But then as I said, as they're all so sleep deprived I'd forgive them anything.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But there is no denying Lawson's rudeness when telling Skye, 'you're 20 and you show immaturity', that's not the first time she was told that and maybe she is starting to get annoyed but definitely she needed some help there and no one was intervening in her favour and it was enough for her to realize that and walk away, a combination of Lawson's insults and the fact the others weren't putting a stop to it was enough for her to just walk away feeling hurt. I think she is very sensitive to rudeness, remember Gemma, that was a shock to her, used to feeling cheerful and playful (this is why she liked Penny even though she is starting to realize Penny isn't the right person to get advice from). BB pairing Skye with Richard was bad as well, he has a tendency to aloofness and that's not what Skye needs but she was a good sport and opened up to him as BB asked her to do.

It's going to be hard for Skye to remain popular if she's not allowed to remain cheerful and light hearted when feeling animosity from the housemates. If they manage to stifle her she may get lost in the shuffle...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, but that was after she'd been a complete brat! She deserved it then! I really did think she was pretty obnoxious in the latter half of that conversation, and that's what Lawson was responding to.

But I'd be bratty too after no sleep.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I finally saw the immaturity in Skye on today's show that others have talked about.

I didn't see in the convo where Lawson was mean to her and her childish retort was a bit below the belt.

Aisha seems to stir things up sometimes. She wanted to know what was up from Lawson, but I don't think she really cares about his side of it.

As for her being Skye's friend, she is when it suits her (nothing better going on.)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Cricket, maybe I didn't understand the exact words they exchanged but Skye was clearly the underdog in the scene, again about the separation from the group, don't know if it was staged so by Big Brother, was she told to lay there and not sit with the group? The whole scene seemed strange to me, it was as if she was singled out. As a viewer I see a scene where there is a big group letting a guy or two instigate a girl clearly bratty or tired, I'm not sure, and instead of minimize the situation by getting up and breaking up the argument by either taking Skye to another room, they're all letting Lawson give a few words they think Skye deserves... It was supposed to be Aisha or Penny or anyone decent enough to make Skye get up and tell everyone, 'she didn't really mean it, she's obviously quite tired... and no, she's not drunk'. I would have done so but the whole group seemed too happy to just sit there and have a go at Skye and make her feel miserable for a change.

That's the scene I saw. Then Lawson must have realized Aisha went to comfort Skye knowing Skye would explain to Aisha how she felt and so was prompt to approach Aisha and give her his side of the story to justify what he said. Remember when Sandra didn't want Lawson to pity hug her? Well, Lawson didn't like that, he likes to be liked and not having people rebuff him... Good thing Aisha kept neutral.

Anyway I'm sure Skye's nature is such that she already forgot the whole thing and will continue to be spontaneous as before... although I think she's starting to miss Leo's hugs.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
How much do you want to bet that come Tuesday, Sonia somehow works in the word "favoritised" when speaking to Skye during the live show?

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
It looked to me like a silly conversation turned ugly very quickly. Chalk it up to sleep deprivation, but Skye was no underdog. Feeling embarrassed for blanking on a word, she chose to try embarrassing David about his reading skills but he didn't take the bait. Then she chose to call Lawson a name without waiting for an answer to her question. Then when he called her rude she tried to embarrass him by blabbing to the newbies that he said he didn't care that they sat in an ice bath. Then when he tried to tell her he never claimed to not be rude, she kept trying to stifle him with "No, I'm not having it." That's when he called her immature. She could have been called much worse.

It looked like she was about to cry (or vomit or sneeze?) and he called out "here it comes" and she stopped. She laughed instead and said "I hate you." It was so weird. That's when he observed that she was drunk. She didn't deny it. She said "When you're intoxicated I say 'he's funny.'" She implied that she was drunk and he was being a jerk to criticize her for it rather than laughing. That's when she made the crack about his girlfriend and left. Mind you, we don't know whether this took place before or after Lawson's talk with Lina about Skye. But if it was after, he may have been thinking about Lina wondering why nobody calls Skye out on her behavior. Just noticed that the show's website described Skye as "tipsy."

Skye and Leo did not get a favorable edit in this episode. The rest of the housemates sure seem happy, though. It really does make you wonder if David is right. Is it that the newbies are great, or that the oldies in the sanctuary are removed?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 31, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Curlyq, I understand now a bit more of the exchange and the confusion for me is that the show is edited so badly, we don't know what comes first or after, we have to see on the next show if there was the dinner and Skye and Ryan were wearing the striped pants, and it's possible that she did drink during that dinner and this scene took place soon after for her to be tipsy. It's also confusing knowing that they were all as a group sitting in the eviction couch which they try to avoid, they don't like that room, and yet there they are and Skye on the zebra rug creating that separation I'm talking about as if staged.

But I'm still convinced that Skye at first was just being silly but then the whole thing turned ugly when Lawson, confident of the whole group watching and agreeable to what he was saying to Skye, got the reinforcement he needed to make Skye upset who finally got up and left.

I don't like the newbies compared to the four in the Sanctuary. David felt comfortable enough with them feeling they accepted him well and confident enough that he has Lawson and Ryan on his side. Skye and Aisha?? Pfff... the other 4 in the Sanctuary... Life is good for David.