TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 23, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Cricket, Priya said she didn't need the $20K!!! I wonder if that will come back to bite her, as she made such a big deal about the money in the first week, and that was much less. One of the first time she's forgotten to stick to the masterplan I think.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I understand Pryia changing her mind about wanting a payout, she was given the power twice and may think she has a good fan base and feels she is so closer to the end now that she may want to fight till the end.

If the couple doesn't take the money tomorrow it will also be because they feel they're so close to the end and may want to stay on. They're not telling the others that the money will come out of the big prize... what if they tell them? The others may no longer want them to leave tomorrow if they're taking a big chunk out of the big prize money...

I'm still stunned Ryan got that many votes...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I understand Priya changing her mind, and thinking she might have a chance of winning, but she basically said $20K didn't mean much to her "at this stage in her life" when in the first week she made such a big deal about the $10(7?)K and her mortgage. 1) she doesn't know if they might play that clip to the house, and 2) she needs to play the viewers as well as the house, so she needs to be consistent.

I think the BB voice told the group that the $50K would come out of the prize fund. I noticed because it's a quandry for them, they might want to encourage them to go because they know at least Travis is popular, but at the same time they don't want to lose $50K. But if the pair are really in the sanctuary until they decide the others won't have much influence anyway.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ryan and the votes, I'm not entirely joking when I say only five people are voting! I think voters thought "David, Priya and Jason will be safe, it's got to be Ryan or Sandra. I prefer Ryan so I'll save him, that means Sandra will go."

For that to make a significant dent in the overall pattern where clearly some voters really do like Priya, David and Jason, the number of total votes has to be quite low.

I tried to find vote counts last year but couldn't find any. The year before the finale had 400,000 votes, so regular shows probably had half that maybe? 200,000. Last year got lower ratings than the year before. This year's probably got lower ratings than last year. I wouldn't be surprised if a normal eviction without someone popular like Skye would only have 50,000 votes cast to save total.

50,00 x 38% = just 19,000 votes

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Unreal! I can't even imagine that all that is going on with the votes. So, what they're doing is concentrate on the one they may think he's going to be evicted and give that person (Ryan) all the votes to stay. Just weird, how could they find such a consensus in a big country like Australia.

See, it had entirely escaped me that BB told them about the chunk coming out of the prize money... It's really tempting for them to see them going to give the rest a better chance however, the winner of the game is losing 50 G to them... Mmmm

I think the editors did a great job with the singing video, the song was a bit lame but put together that way was nice to see.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That was just my guess, about the voting numbers and reasoning, not anything official I found. I looked again to see if I could find voting numbers but no luck. But I think the voting to save the other at risk person happens on most BB votes, it's just it only puts someone to the top of the table if there aren't many votes. Again though, just speculation.

Yes, the singing was good! I think last year's was pretty awful. It helped that they had quite a few very competent singers.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Ryan got votes because of all of the airtime he got several days back for his sob story about his mother's condition and his father's depression.

It was obvious then that BB was trying to save him, and it worked. It is no coincidence that we have heard absolutely nothing about any of this until now when it would do him the most good.

None of the others up for nomination have done much of anything nor have they had much airtime.

The guy at the end was telling her the results of the AFL (Australian Football League) finals. Apparently she is a huge AFL fan and missed it while she was in the house. During the yes/no task BB made her eat a sandwich with the scores in it.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
David has disappeared lately and will probably go tomorrow, if Travis and Aisha don't take the money.

Jason is more popular, and Prya seems to have a following as well since she won HoH.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kitt, as for whom Priya could pick, I'm thinking they wouldn't have let her pick someone on the block, like David. Don't know for sure, though.

I agree with you re HOH as I was surprised Skye got nommed when she was HOH/Power Person.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I liked last year's songs better, but this year's singers. It's a cute task, although somehow some still managed to find ways to take offense at each other in the process. Cat seems to have a real issue with feeling pushed aside. The last time she felt that way (soda can incident) she started pursuing Lawson.

There's just so much we don't see. This was the first time I got to watch it live on the site Willwillbee posted, and I stayed on the site afterward to listen to the first half hour of their "Couch Potato Radio Show" with Tim Dormer as their guest. They talked a lot about how the editing is leaving too much out. It's funny how none of them believed the Ryan saves. A lot of good insight there about how they cast intruders and lots of other things. It's archived there if anyone missed it.

I don't find Priya's choices to be that inconsistent, because the $10,000 didn't mean leaving the game and giving up the big prize (although it did put her at greater risk of nomination). If she has her eyes on a big payout, she'd want to take money wherever she can get it so long as she gets to stay in the running for the grand prize (should there be anything left of it by then).

I never noticed how short Priya is until that shot of Aisha towering over her in the power room. I hope she and Jason stay a little longer. David can go at this point. His talk with Sandra about how he just wants to make people uncomfortable washed away what little hope I had that he might become a good player. Viewers don't want to see someone intentionally trying to make people feel bad. Just have fun and make the most of the experience. Why is that so hard for these people to get?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not much of an episode today. More crap about the cheaters of course, and apparently Jason's entire extended family was in the audience doing some damage control since they have not come off very well from what Jason has said about them.

The "power play" this week was a big failure as expected. I dont think anyone expected them to actually take it. Maybe if Aisha didn't already have $20K, but she already has a nice check to take home with her and Travis thinks he's going to win the whole thing.

Jason is evicted. Wow did not expect that.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Prya's husband was extremely confident that she would not be going home tonight. He must know something, there obviously is a very large voting base for Prya.
He has hinted about it in past appearances on the show.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Ok, well maybe not very large but large enough to keep her safe again.

Ryan 38.3
David 18.4
Prya 17.6
Jason 16.9
Sandra 8.8

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But considering that she was just above Jason makes me wonder if her fan base is large enough to save her next time...

Finally Skye realized she's putting on weight, but no matter how much she uses the treadmill if she doesn't watch what she eats she'll just continue to gain.. pity, because she's really losing her figure, compared to the beginning of the show when she was just perfect.

Also finally the idiotic idea of Ryan's curse is over with Jason going and not David, but if they want to get Ryan and David on the block they better continue nominating them and Pryia having the power should help that, although I think she's targeting Cat and Lawson or Aisha and Travis, she'll go after the couples to split them up.

The video wasn't as good as the edited version of yesterday, I felt sorry for Skye who looked awful in that outfit.

Can't wait for the nominations to start again and see what Pryia will do..

I read somewhere that the Friday daily show is back again...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I noticed the prize fund was at $200,000 BEFORE the deal with Travis and Aisha, so the $30,000 that was split between Aisha, Lawson and Jake did come out of the prize fund. I don't think they told us that before and we didn't know if the hms knew, but they clearly do.

Aisha was so adamant she didn't want to go right from the beginning I was sure they wouldn't, right until the last seconds when she looked miserable, so I thought Travis had persuaded her. I wish they'd gone, I haven't liked Travis at all, and Aisha just seems so very sure of her opinion that she's selfish. I hope viewers noticed how she now thinks no one can nominate her because she "gave up" $50K for them... she didn't give up $50K for a chance to stay and win, nooooo she gave it up for them.

I'm sad Jason's gone, but I'd have been sad if Priya or David went too. The viewers need to vote more!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Checked the schedule, yep, this week there IS a short Friday show!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I am sorry but someone offers me $25,000 to leave when the prize money is sinking fast I wouldn't hesitate. If you think about it if she had taken the money with Travis they would have had almost half of what the winner would have gotten and been no chance of losing it. Idiots the both of them very young and very dumb not to think what that money could do for them. Also both have secured targets on their back now, because they will be labeled as a threat seeing as Travis pointed out what a "huge" fan base they both have..

I would have liked to have seen Priya walk out tonight, she seems to manipulate things and itis annoying.

The last time Sondra pointed out who had escaped nominations since the start the next time they were up. This time she pointed out Leo and also that Marina will be able to vote so I am going to say they both might see themselves up there.

I would like to see David as the HOH next week, see what he does with the points and his power play.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I really wish it had been David or Ryan. Jason was funnier in my opinion, and kept a good attitude during tough tasks. At least he got that little bit of the prize money for the hotel task, but this house is swiftly losing interesting people. David had potential in the first week, but turned out to just be blah. His mother has a charming accent, though.

I can't believe Aisha's attitude about the idea of someone nominating them. Doesn't it occur to her that they might view their decision as arrogant or ungrateful? If there's someone there who's really struggling they might resent those two just tossing aside $25,000 each. Especially when they said it would be slapping the public in the face to leave the show.

Looking forward to nominations, if only because it's when we finally get to see some tiny snippets of new footage and hints about what's really going on in there.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I always wondered how people vote for the power. I didn't realize you had to go to the website while the show was live. Glad I caught it today, although there's not many good choices left.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I missed Jason's message but I hated to see him go. I would have rather Ryan left. I like David being so forthright & glad he's still there.

7 up for nomination today

I think all but Ryan, Aisha & Lawson???

Kitt, I'm glad you're keeping up with the prize fund proceeds. I don't believe there ever was a mention of the $30k being from the prize. I wonder if they are going to disburse all the prize fund before it's over & not have a prize or just make the winner think there is no prize. Do the HM know the current standing of the prize dollar amount?

I couldn't believe Aisha & Travis didn't take the money & leave. Anyone know what Travis does for a living? Sonia & Travis made comments that he was rich or made a lot of money & that 50k was just peanuts to him. Sonia mentioned his big diamond ring?? Aisha should have pocketed the 45k & ran - she shouldn't depend on a man to provide for her. I hope the public will vote them out just for being stupid/arrogant.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yes you vote on the website for the HoH, but its not just during the show.
Im not sure how long the voting runs but I just voted about 4 hours after the show ended.

I voted for David.
Used the Hola plugin so it looked like the vote came from Australia.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What else could Pryia have done with her 12 points power? Obviously after seeing she was on top but not knowing by how much she ended up wasting a lot of points. Wasted on Skye, what was she thinking?? Then realized that Lawson could have been nominated but too late... she really messed up.

Meantime Ryan is spared again, Skye's trying to see if he's really that popular was interesting but no one else reasoned like her and so Ryan is spared. But Lawson safe is really Pryia's fault, he could have been up there if she didn't waste points on Skye.

I am amazed at the frigid reaction by Cat when Jason spoke to the group about her and Lawson. I know Jason was a bit too judgemental but the non reaction by Cat is what surprised me the most.

Leo and Marina up there as well and I think the public may evict Marina, really she's not adding to the show at all, unless we don't see enough of her to see what she's doing in the house.

I think the show needs Pryia for her manipulations and needs David for his alliance with Lawson and Ryan which could play against Ryan or Lawson soon.

I'd rather see the power go to Aisha to see what she'll do to save Travis next time.

Again, with Marina there I think Travis is safe from eviction.

Anyway, it was clear to me that the couples are now split up and still not sure if this was thanks to Pryia. If the public wants to split up the couples I think Cat will go instead of Marina.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I don't like that everyone in the house is blaming Cat for her relationship with Lawson. He was the one who had the outside girlfriend, and he was the one who took his and Cat's relationship to the next level. Since he and his girlfriend had broken up (even though they got back together), there were obviously problems there. I think Lawson is the one who is the most responsible for what's going on with him and Cat.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I would have refused the money as well, I don't think it's about being arrogant and foolish, they know full well that they could be going next eviction but their reasoning was that the experience is more important to them than the money, they don't want to self-evict because of greed, if they have to be evicted they want the normal process of eviction and let the public evict them. Aisha could afford this move because she already has 20 g in the bag and Travis is there more for the experience than the money.

I'm glad they didn't give in and for once Big Brother didn't have his way.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's always the way though, Merrysea. To my mind Lawson is responsible for/to honour(?) his relationship with his girlfriend, and Cat is responsible for not pushing Lawson to places he has expressed he doesn't want to go. I blame Cat a bit for being so pushy when Lawson had told her nothing could happen in the house, but ultimately it's Lawson's girlfriend (on the outside) and he's the one who owes her, not Cat, and he's reponsible for his own actions.

Haven't quite finished today's show yet but it's interesting they're suddenly drawing attention to Leo being rude socially by walking away mid conversation, not listening, and then telling his own stories for too long.