TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 21, 2014 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So no show tomorrow morning for us if tonight is Friday over there and they have no show. Next show for us will be Tuesday morning to see their Monday night show. No wonder Ben left the house...

At first I thought they're reducing the number of shows because of Sonia's pregnancy, but it wouldn't impact her if they just gave us the Daily Show on the weekend.

With no live feeds and fewer tv shows it will increase disinterest in Big Brother, they're really losing momentum with these long stretches with no show.

Well, I guess I'll see you on Tuesday morning! :-)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Spunky, we will see their Monday night show Monday morning here.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
ooops, thanks Cricket, that's better!! Have to be patient until Monday morning!!

I expect to see Travis reunite with the house and the dinner they had (maybe combined with his comeback). It's going to be a real shock to them to see him back and I'm just so curious to see their reaction.

I don't know what else they'll show unless there are going to be spoilers like last time. I assume a lot of people want to know during 3 days of blackout. It's a pity they don't have live feeds.
I can't remember if the eviction is on the Tuesday show.

We'll see...

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think since they got rid of the Sunday show, the Monday show recaps the weekend and eviction is on Tuesday.

Assuming they are even there on weekends. Maybe they all go to a hotel for weekends like they did on The Glass House.

Mickiej51

05-08-2013

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej51 a private message Print Post    
The letters were all very heartfelt, IMO. I can only imagine how each one feels without the contact with their loved ones.

Skye seems to know how important and loved she is by the public...and is counting on the win. Still a ways to go, and you all think she has this wrapped up. Is she a ringer?

As for the reduced TV coverage, since I don't watch them live, I have to wonder if they had allowed the public to be able to follow it live (for a fee), might they have more generated interest. I really question their production choices. So obvious when they show new events or issues...that took place before things just shown. Bad editing.
I really think Jason has a good chance. He is funny, and tries to be involved, but still strategic. I hope he doesn't get put out this week.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
It has to be Ryan or Sandra this week. I would expect Ryan if Sandra hadn't actually said she was "praying" that she gets evicted. They're both so negative. When Ryan said he suffered from depression, that made more sense. He seems to be on a perpetual hunt for reasons to dislike everyone. It's hard to be bubbly when you're always focusing on the negative.

I don't understand why Ryan acted like he didn't understand why Skye said bubbly people had down days. He had just implied that they don't, and that they're fake. And yet he stood there acting like she was the dense one who was talking nonsense. I do wish the others had spoken up. I understand they have this thing against people standing up for their friends, but once Sandra and David started chiming in that's when the others should have as well.

How can Sandra complain about Skye getting $5,000 when she had a chance at $20,000 but chose to quit the contest because it wasn't fun?

Can't believe it never occurred to Skye that Leo was using her for her popularity. Why else would he be hanging around Skye? He seems much more interested in Sandra. Of course, it's possible that Skye is using Leo as well.

Meanwhile looking for Marina is like playing "Where's Waldo?" She's even less visible than David now. Where was she during all that drama?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 1:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think the conversation with Leo where Skye said how popular she was outside, that was entirely put in her head by Prya.

Though it is a bit obvious. she has been first saved multiple times, if not every time she has been up. And then this week she was voted HoH by the public. She also gets the best crowd reaction, which they do hear during eviction shows.

I dont think she has a lock on it but she definitely has a better chance than anyone else. Next in line would be Jason.

Leo definitely sounded defensive when he said "no offense, but it's not "The Skye Show".
Ummm...Leo? Yes it is.

Landslide305

08-15-2005

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landslide305 a private message Print Post    
This is the first season I've watched BB AUS and I love how different it is from the US version. When this season is over, I'm going to watch season 13.

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Ryan was aggravated by Skye nominating him (BB played 54 seconds of her nominations from previous weeks to the group). He told Sandra and Dave that he was going to stir it up. That's why he picked a bone with Skye, over nothing.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Just posted some info in the Spoiler Thread. Didn't post it here since it hasn't been shown on the Daily Episodes yet.

It will supposedly be on Monday's show. It may not be a spoiler to all, but it sure took me by surprise!

I still don't understand why no show Saturday & Sunday. Saw an article that said the movie that replaced the Friday show did terrible in the ratings, but nothing about Friday/Saturday. Did someone leave the house??

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere else that the Friday show had very low ratings and that's why it was axed. The Friday shows were so short that I'm not surprised if it's true.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 2:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Prya is new HoH. Ryan and Sandra are NOT happy.

I think they are finally realizing that they are not popular at all with the public.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I wish there was something, anything else going on in that house besides the Lawson cheating storyline.

They really completely failed in the casting this season. This is just a boring house and apparently that is the only thing they can use to fill up the remaining episodes each week. And they've already reduced it by 90 minutes per week. That's basically a 25% reduction in airtime and they still struggle to fill it.\

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Pryia getting the power a second time seems a bit odd, if it's the public voting then she must be liked and won't be evicted this week.

She was smart to take Sandra to the Sanctuary but Sandra is too set in her ways and as soon as she's back with Ryan and Lawson and David she'll forget the good talk she had with Pryia.

What happened to the singing challenge? I'm okay with Skye but David? He'll probably sabotage Skye and do terribly in the duo...

I think Lawson was very drunk after the dinner and the hot seat, well enough to plunge back into Cat's arms and the longest kiss ever... I thought after the hangover he would realize it was just a drunken moment but it seems Big Brother wants to keep it going and so it felt a repeat of what went on before.

Jason is too judgemental and so are the others in the house, none of them are thinking that the house could change people, etc.... you know, the usual excuse for what they do in the house.

Travis's return didn't seem to change much, they're all back into the same thinking as before his fake eviction.

I don't remember if in tomorrow morning show we'll see the eviction. I still would like to see Ryan go or Sandra.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It's amazing how so many people can be so boring as this bunch. This is the first BB AU that has bored me to tears. It's so disappointing. Why is Jason so obsessed with Lawson/Kat?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I can't like Priya being HOH again. Some posters are saying it's a setup as cash will be offered to leave the game and she's the person who would take it. Anyone here think that? It's very odd the 'public' would vote for someone who had already been HOH over someone in the house who hadn't.

Puzzled, Jason is a little nosetta. People in the house notice and that's why he gets nommed. Hope he doesn't think he won't be voted out, because anyone can be.

Travis' fake eviction was a huge bust.

I just don't know what to think about Lawson. He did say he and girlfriend broke but she came back, so she must have broken up. He does have feelings for Cat; he's already messed up..just explore those feelings and stop crying already. It's not fair to either girl.

He shouldn't stay in a relationship with his other girlfriend if he's not 100% in love with her. Not fair to her or him.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I can see Prya easily being voted as HoH.

First off, I guess Skye was not eligible,
There is also a very large Indian community in Australia and I could see her getting a large number of votes based solely on her ethnicity.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And Priya is interesting, possibly the most interesting housemate. I've forgotten, is the HOH immune from nomination?

I'm a sucker for a love story, even a forced and manipulated story like this. It's a horrible situation to be in but I think it would take a lot of strength (for Lawson) to not slip up IF he has mixed feelings for his girlfriend and IF he has an amazing connection with Cat. The only trouble for me is that we haven't really seen what Cat's appeal is, the only time we do see her is when she's drooling about Lawson.

You remember a week or so back when Lawson said to BB that his girlfriend breaking up with him was the one of the things he would like to be told about? I think by now he's hoping that will happen, just to free him up to do what he so clearly wants to do.

And I really don't like judgmental people, so Skye and Jason really fall in my estimation. They can have rules in their own life for themselves and their family and friends, but they don't get to impose their moral code on Lawson or Cat.

Saying that, I wonder if there will be tears by Lawson in the diary room later.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
As much as I hate cheating, and I think there is more to Lawson's attraction to Cat than love (ie I think he's been looking for a way to end things with his gf for a while), I strangely admire how they've tried to deal with the reality of their feelings and their situation.

Last year, Tully thought she could simply deny her way out of the consequences of her cheating behavior. We've seen people in other BBs go into the DR and break up with their sig other with a simple wave of the hand and they move on to the new relationship in the house. Lawson could have done that but he says he owes it to his ex to let her be the one to put him on blast and end it. He's accepted that he's going to be a cheater until it happens. He's either an honorable coward or an brave fool. I'm not sure which, and I'm not sure he knows either.

The intensity of their feelings seems out of proportion to their interactions, but I can't help wondering if the viewing public would have more empathy if their relationship had evolved on 24/7 feeds, rather than in this chopped up piecemeal version we've gotten from the BB episodes. Would we have seen the attraction from the beginning and understood their supposed inability to withstand it? We will never know but it's one reason I miss live feeds, or even the hourly updates!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I can see Prya easily being voted as HoH.

Flagg, I just thought the public might want to give someone like Aisha a chance, but she did behave badly last week.

Has Jason or David been HOH?

I love how David called out Priya @ the dinner as one who goes to the power. I find it ironic that he's now telling Sandra how to play when it was he who informed Travis, Cat and a couple of others that Sandra/Sam/Ryan were going to go far if not watched. All of a sudden they are on the block due to what he told the others, lol.

Can't wait until Sandra watches the show back and sees his little discussion the week before she and Sam were nommed.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Jason was HOH with Dion in the second week. I can see Priya being voted in, having read the forums that are AU based she is a big favourite, and voting for HOH costs nothing while voting for evictions does.

I think David has had a hard time with things being labeled strategic and it seems no one else wants the label. Skye was very strategic using words like Ryan is a threat, that is strategy. She seems to be the only one spouting off that she can win, which makes me want anyone but her to win.

I must have missed something what was this transformation that Ben was to be doing and did we see any of it?

I don't like what Cat and Lawson are doing but yes it is more honest than trying to dance around it for the next two weeks at least. Basically they will judge them and well so will the public but truthfully they are the ones who have to live with their choices.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I don't think Travis was transformable.

So basically Lawson decided he's going to do whatever he feels like no matter how much he hurts his girlfriend and just face the music afterward. How noble. For once I agree with Ryan (about what his girlfriend should do). If he really wants to be honorable, either stay away from Cat or tell the girl back home she's free to see other people.

Normally I would say it's not for us to judge, but isn't that the whole premise of the show? A group of people under a microscope.

Part of me wonders if this "Clawson" business would be any less objectionable if they weren't so very dull. It's nearly impossible to detect what Cat sees in Lawson. He has spoken to her very disrespectfully in the past and she didn't even seem to notice. He's not very mature. I remember his behavior as HOH when he intentionally sabotaged their food supply to get even with them for saying the power had gone to his head. What's the appeal? Magic tricks?

I think for his side, her appeal is that she is so head-over-heels for him. If any other girl in the house had been as interested, he might've had the same reaction. The "oops I accidentally stripped to the waist" moment was so embarrassingly lame. Ugh. When the show is over, they'll likely have a short-lived relationship before realizing they're not as in love as they thought.

Priya and Sandra were an odd combination, but it was nice of Priya to choose the one person who hadn't gone yet. It's moments like that and like the night she stood behind Gemma that make me wonder if she's thinking of her students and setting an example for them.

It's funny that when they count up the numbers of the "sides" they don't even mention Marina. Does either side make any effort to pull her in? Well, Sandra's side was instantly suspicious and antagonistic toward her so I guess they're not thinking about numbers.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Mmmm, I'm the first one commenting on the eviction show today... and I wanted to read your comments to understand a bit more what the heck is going on. Who was the dude at the end of the show with all those toys and Sandra being so happy about it? Huh?

Okay so Sandra got evicted, not a big surprise, but the surprise was to see Ryan getting the most votes to save, what the heck??? And I wanted him out even before Sandra. Oh well... He didn't bug me too much on tonight's show, maybe he'll get better, who knows...

I had to fast forward with Lawson crying again in the Diary Room, enough already. I agree with Curlyq, there is something not attractive enough in this showmance, me too I find them very dull... at least Drew was a great looking kid and Tully intriguing and they kept me interested, but Cat is a dull dull dull and Lawson even more so. I liked him a bit with some magic tricks but then that too was blah... He's only 23 and she's 31, I can understand his immaturity but Cat seems to me she's only doing it for attention or the vibes her twin sister is sending her to do something outrageous in the house is getting to her loud and clear.

Aisha not accepting the money was smart and Big Brother tempting Travis doubling the money I think it's a great offer. What better way to leave the show together and with all that money than to leave one by one and be miserable?? I would accept the money and the eviction.

ooops, Marina will miss her chance with Travis... I don't know if Big Brother has something in store for her... But I would like to see the couple leave, together and with all that money, because I feel they won't be winning the game, so why not?

If they go, the house is really getting empty pretty soon and it will dawn on them that the end is near and they may become more competitors.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Just watching the show where Priya is going to tempt Aisha and when BB asked Priya if she was offered $20,000 what would she do. I couldn't believe she had the audacity to say $20,000 wouldn't help her @ this time. What?? She was desperate for the $10,000 @ the beginning of the game and said she so needed it? I believe she really thinks she can win this game.

Kitt, no, Priya is not safe from eviction or nomination. Since Sandra went Tues. and Ryan is saved, that leaves Priya, Jason and David on the block. I read that they 'froze' the vote, meaning someone may still go tonight?

Of those three, who will go?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The power play to Aisha was a bit pointless. They asked Priya to say who skated by or some phrase like that and that's how she "chose" Aisha. The person who skates by is the least likely to want to go because they've had an easy time, if Priya had the power to choose and she chose someone like David who's had to work to stay, then he might have said yes.

Having said that, the $50K for both Aisha an Travis to go is a gift and they should take it! I know Travis is quite popular but he's not a sure bet at all.

Ryan 38%
18% - ?
18% - ?
17% - no revote tomorrow, this 17% person will go tomorrow if Aisha and Travis don't go
Sandra 9%

Ryan got twice as many votes as David, twice as many as Priya, twice as many as Jason, who've all had good responses in the past! I'm convinced only about five people bother to vote ;).

If Priya goes tomorrow then who does the shopping list?! Or maybe it's done tomorrow. Seems like the HOHs should be more lined up with the eviction if they're not immune.

Spunky, the man with the toys was just some sorts commentator. I guess Sandra's a big fan.