TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 16, 2014 users admin

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Curlyq, yeah the first time I heard them use the term pocket rocket on an AUBB it threw me for a loop as that is a type of vibrator lol, but over there it is used to describe a girl of smaller stature that is energetic, fiery and passionate.

I am glad Sam went because really yes he was in the position to win it, but he seemed to have a sense of entitlement about him. He was cruel with Aisha (although I think she should have spoke up right away), and his "relationship" with Sandra just made me feel ick cause they were both close to crossing the same line as Clawson yet they both seemed so judgmental about it.

I was surprised that Lawson got more votes than both of them though. He keeps screwing up. Before the sanctuary there was a facebook presence and some media on Lawson's girlfriend but since then there is radio silence. It has been said she doesn't want to speak without speaking to him first. I am just thinking she knows that one of his things to tell him was if she breaks up with him and really why give him that in order to have free reign to go wild in there.

I think Ben being back is annoying I didn't much care for him last year still don't plus at least with Tim going back in he was the winner so someone that people want to see not some one who was voted out.

I think voting Travis into the sanctuary was a good idea he needed to have some time away. It also will give Aisha a time to rebuild her relationships outside of Travis.

Mickiej51

05-08-2013

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej51 a private message Print Post    
I just don't get the love for Skye. I think she is a sassy, immature young adult. I don't see what the Australian public sees as great. Aisha seems to have more maturity, but she is young. It will be interesting to see if Aisha grows some without Travis around, and same can be said of Sandra. Ryan seems to be flying well under the radar until the incident with Travis. I think Jason and Priya are in line to go all the way, unless they trip up.
What drives me crazy with BBAU, the public is voting based solely only the information shown on TV programs....that are edited heavily. That is not the whole story, but just how BB production cares to show.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Yes, it sounds like we are missing entire sides to people's personalities. In exit interviews they mention how Ryan is the funniest guy in the house, but I don't see that. It's also been said that Sandra only laughs at Sam's jokes, but he never struck me as the jokey type. This may be what Marina meant when she said she wanted to bring out sides of them the viewers haven't seen.

It's possible that with Sandra, Sam, and Lawson all on the block, the viewers who like their group were split. Whereas Travis didn't have any of his buddies on the block so his votes weren't split.

Flagg, you can see a picture of Lawson's girlfriend in this article: http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/big-brother-love-rat-lawson-reeves-defended-by-friend-laurence-williams/story-fnokd1go-1227087477880

It mentions that she closed all her social media accounts after he and Cat made the news. I don't blame her. She probably didn't want to end up like Tully's girlfriend. This is the main reason I feel badly for her. They're not married, so it's not the same as cheating on a spouse, but it's just not cool to be putting her in that position of having to answer for his actions while he's protected in that bubble.

I think the Skye love may be that they feel she's a bit unfiltered. Eventually it may wear off. But if she can keep up her excitement level and keep people engaged until the end, she could win it all.

I love Ben. Happy to see him, but it's unfortunate that his appearance is wasted on someone who clearly didn't even watch last year's show. Ben's fatal error last year was getting into his pajamas and getting too comfortable. After that he seemed to fade into the background just as others were getting into conflicts and showmances that took up all the airtime. Ben went from consistently getting the most votes to save, to going home. It was an incredibly close vote, with the bottom four all being within less than two percentage points. So it's not like he's completely clueless about how to win the public's favor. He just couldn't keep it going when the others were turning up the drama. It's all a big game, and any pointers Travis can get on winning his housemates over will come in handy (provided he listens). When he returns they'll all realize that Travis is popular and therefore a huge threat.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 3:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Hm Lawson's gf looks a little like Cat.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Nominees are

Prya 11
Sandra 10
Ryan 9
David 7
Jason 6

Might be off by 1 or 2 on Ryan and David but they are definitely the nominees.

Skye had the same 12 point superpower, and it was pretty amusing to watch. She is also the first HoH who actually used the points the right way to actually save someone (Aisha) while giving David 2 points twice to see how the added points would affect the list. Someone else was tied with Aisha and was also saved, but I don't recall who it was and I watched it live so can't rewind to check the earlier tally board. It was probably Lawson.

Then she was given the chance to win up to $5000 by finding gold coins in a box full of chocolate coins in 60 seconds. However long it took her to find them, the housemates would then be shown that much time of her nominations.
I thought they meant the current nominations but it turned out to be past nominations, and none of it was very bad.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It was another fake "live" show, but I really saw no reason for it to be. Sonia spoke with Ben and Travis early on, and that was pretty much the end of any "live" interaction with Sonia.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So Lawson got a free ride for this week, same thing happened to David before, the top red zone nominated ends up with no nominations at all the next time. Skye could have used Lawson instead of David but actually David had 2 points while Lawson none and so she did good otherwise she would not have been able to get Aisha down.
Sneaky of Big Brother to show Skye's previous nominations and now Prya thinks Skye nominated her this time as well. However, if Prya is observant she could see Sky had makeup during that nomination and so should realize it was an old nomination, unfortunately Prya cannot ask and Skye cannot explain.

I don't like Ben and Travis together, it makes Ben even more fake in his effort to be like last year and Travis too 'smiling' when he's really bored to tears.

I'd rather see Ryan go next.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Skye had the same 12 point superpower, and it was pretty amusing to watch. She is also the first HoH who actually used the points the right way to actually save someone (Aisha) while giving David 2 points twice to see how the added points would affect the list.

Flagg, it was hysterical. Today was a great example of why Skye is liked so much. She entertains us. Very clever of her to use it correctly, as well as go for the $5,000 in gold.

She's not acting, she's just naturally funny and loves life. Aisha's lucky to have her as a friend in the house, but I'm not sure Aisha realizes what a treasure she is. Travis and Skye seem close.

So glad Priya is up again.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd like Ryan to go. Did anyone hear anything about whether it would be a single or a double?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
If the season ends in November, I guess they'll hurry up with the evictions, but maybe not this week but next one for sure.

It's good that Aisha is not up for eviction because when Travis comes back they can reunite but if she was up and gone then he could come back to find Aisha gone. However, I think Aisha would have been safe if nominated because the public would have wanted to see her reunion with Travis.

I think a whole week in the Sanctuary with Ben would drive Travis up the wall... I think it's way too long to be there, but he's supposed to be there to learn something about himself.

The one who nominated Skye, what a waste, don't they know that they could have used their points better than target a power holder and popular? Was that Cat?? And she knew how the 12 point power worked... that was strange. Or maybe it was Ryan who nominated her, anyway, what a waste.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I don't think the plan is for Travis or Ben to be there a full week.

Did they specifically say a week? If so I missed it.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Did it seem like there were times when Ben wasn't around and it was just Travis by himself?

It was Ryan who nominated Skye for expressing disgust at unwashed newborns being left in their goo after they're born. That's kind of a dumb thing to nominate Skye for, since there have been plenty of other more flagrant displays of immaturity. That goes to show how easily Ryan is turned off by people.

The last 15 minutes were hilarious watching Skye and her power plays. It just felt like so much of the rest of the show was eaten up by rehashing the evictions and the tears afterward. And the fact that Travis was fake evicted. Yes, we get it. It felt like they were showing the same scenes over and over when there were clearly other interactions they could've shown us. The tiny clips during nominations don't make much sense when taken out of context. Like the one about Sandra's "racist" remark.

That Sam really stuck it to Marina. And he let her know that Sandra and her friends have been complaining about her, which kind of threw them under the bus. I wonder if this is why Leo felt Sandra was divisive. Sam didn't do her any favors.

For David to be convinced he was going up, there must've been some reason. Perhaps a confrontation we haven't seen yet. Normally I'd say he's in the best position. Priya and Jason being allies will split their votes. Sandra and Ryan will split theirs. David would be sitting pretty. However, he's been almost invisible lately. They'll have to start including more of his scenes over the next few days.

I wonder if Skye got her makeup back as part of another "dilemma."

So penalty points just get added to your nomination points? I thought they were a separate thing altogether, points that you carried through the game and if you got 3 you were out. I can't remember where I got that idea from, though.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The 3 and you are out deal is for formal warnings, usually seen more often on BBUK for extreme offensive behavior like racism or bullying. They have done it on BBAU as well but not nearly as often.

I don't think anyone has ever actually been kicked off either show due to racking up 3 warnings, however. When it happens its usually just done quickly with no warnings, due to public, and more specifically MEDIA attention.

Like the old turkey slap incident back in 2006 on BBAU or Emily on BBUK being carted out in the middle of the night in her nightgown for using the N word.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Why did they give Skye back her make-up? She was wearing make-up and lipstick in the gold/chocolate coin dilemma. I hope Sandra wasn't given another choice and picked to return the make-up back to Skye.

To me, Skye looks better without the massive amount of make-up she applies to her face. When she's wearing the pink make-up, I think of Cesar Romero's version of "The Joker" in the campy '60s version of "Batman". Not a good thing.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
A very sappy, overly dramatic episode of Big Brother tonight.

They were congratulated for making it half-way and Big Brother gave them writing materials so they could write letters to their loved ones.

Big Brother tells them in the task letter that they are private, but OF COURSE "the housemates have decided to share their letters with Big Brother".

Why else would they have given them that task in the first place? That was obviously the plan all along. What were they going to do, show them all writing letters and that would be the end of it?

No, this was just another way to milk the Lawson cheating storyline even more than they already have.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, a bit sappy but I did get a bit emotional when Jason read his letter, the poor kid is really hurting and wants his parent's approval. I was hoping some of them made it more fun, like a bit of humour would have helped... Skye did a bit of that.

After that letter I think Jason is safe from eviction, the public must really feel for him.

I don't know what could have been Pryia's motive to warn Skye of Leo's fake relationship with her. Was it sincerity and concern for Skye or was it to make Skye a bit more insecure and less outgoing, Skye did take notice and couldn't wait to test Leo and of course the guy that he is managed to clear out any doubt of any fake friendship with her.

Ryan's attack on Skye only makes Ryan look even more petty and a obnoxious and won't score any points with the public. I just want him out next, when he says, you'll see more of me in the coming weeks, oh dear! Just don't say so, I will speed up the clip...

The Cat and Lawson thing had already ended last week but somehow Big Brother thought now was the time to make it 'official'. Better late than never.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Haven't they figured out yet that Skye is obviously the public favorite, and anyone who attacks or hurts Skye(whether she knows about it or not) while nominated goes home?

Let's look at the list...

Gemma- Told Skye she was "as deep as a wading pool" on like day 2. Skye cried and obsessed over it for a days

Dion- Nothing that I know of, but he did nothing in the house.

Katie- Condescending, aggressive, "lower your voice, Skye." argument with Skye. Said she would "leave it in this room" and then went and complained about it to half the house.

Jake- Seen as having strung along Skye and Lisa, kissing one, then the other, then going back to the first, etc.

Lisa- Broke "girl code" by going after Jake when she knew Skye liked him. Had an argument with Skye saying she's the only one who doesn't baby her, Skye always wants approval and praise, making her cry.

Sam- Shown pulling a mean spirited prank on Skye by secretly lacing all of her food and drinks with excessive chocolate, trying to make her gain weight. Jokes about how stupid she is and she won't ever notice.

Its sort of like Tim last year, though he was actively causing it to happen.

This week will probably be Ryan or maybe Sandra going home.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
NO show Friday, Saturday or Sunday confirmed.

Shows this coming week:

Mon20 8.30-10.00pm Aus = 2.30-4.00am PT = 5.30-7.00am ET
Tue21 7.30-9.00pm Aus = 1.30-3.00am PT = 4.30-6.00am ET
Wed22 8.40-10.10pm Aus = 2.40-4.10am PT = 5.40-7.10am ET
Thu23 8.00-9.10pm Aus = 2.00-3.10am PT = 5.00-6.10am ET

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Whoa, today's show! They're really trying hard to destroy Skye, they have a few points but if she doesn't get it (or is adamant in pretending she doesn't get it) then what's the point of just going on about it? And when Skye points out Sandra's similar behaviour Sandra is just as disrepectful to Skye as Skye was to Ryan, but for some reason that's no big deal. Way to get Skye even more votes, folks!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting that Lawson wrote to his dad, not his girlfriend. I'm sure the task was organised almost entirely so they could see what he wrote to the girlfriend.

Jason's letter was pretty heartbreaking in its simplicity.

There was also a Travis who? moment when he came on the screen. I guess his part with Ben is over. Is he just sleeping all day now until he's allowed back in?!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Looking at the ratings so far this season, Friday has consistently been the worst rated, by a large margin. I was surprised when they dropped Sunday and kept Friday. Now both have been dropped.

Sunday ratings have not been that bad, relatively speaking.
Thursday and Friday were always the worst.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Watching the starting portion of the show that I missed live.

I really hope Sandra is evicted this week. Her constant negativity just brings down the entire house and the show. She's just a depressing person to watch.

Now she's whining about Skye getting chocolate and $5000.

Okay Ryan is so out of there. But then Sandra is practically begging to go.

Its a toss-up as to which of the two will be evicted. I hope its a double.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah I'd be happy for either or both.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I guess Sandra didn't take getting nommed well again this week and threw a tantrum we didn't get to see. Her problem is she coasted much too long and can't handle nominations. It's part of the game.

I also felt Ryan was trying to pick a fight with Skye and then both he and Sandra ganged up on her. Silly fools. Skye is HOH this week. They are just begging to leave, aren't they?

I agree Sandra is a downer with a Capital D and too bad Ryan is hooked with her because he could be a different person. I didn't see anything wrong with Skye's statement that "Even bubbly people have down/negative days." That's absolutely true.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
No show for three days. Rats.