TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 11, 2014 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think since they don't even have the live feeds the show is heavily directed and edited for a certain effect on the viewers. I bet that it really didn't happen but having Lawson cry and going on and on about his huge mistake could have been enough for the viewers to guess it really did happen. But who cares if it happened or not.

I wonder if it was better not to tell the Hotel Staff that there was going to be a reward of 3k to the best Staff member. Even with this incentive they really did not improve, it looked like they were putting an extra effort to be nice after they heard about the 3k but then when they got nominated it went down and we only had disgruntled Staff, Jason was still trying and it was noticed by the others that he was trying to be nice just for the money.

I wonder what was Big Brother going to give them if the task passed and if everybody (the hotel guests as well) were going to be compensated with some reward. Do you know?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Spunky, it was a food challenge, so they would have had extra money for groceries for next week. Instead they'll be on staples.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea it was funny how Leo kept going on about how they "had not eaten for 4 days", when they were all eating every meal, the staff was just on the same staples that the whole house will now have for the next week.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh I see, Leo and Travis are not going to like that... now I understand why Travis told Skye and Leo (who were chatting for a while) to stop talking, Travis really believed that the rule was to not interact with the Hotel Staff knowing they would lose the challenge if they did so, but Leo took offense and ran to the kitchen to vent with the others about Travis being rude to him and Skye.

Well, I'm glad it's going to be staples, hopefully it will help Skye to go back in shape, remember how she looked the first few days when she was standing by the food stand (Katie and Pryia had to sell the food), I mean she was 'perfection' and I'm sure a lot of Australians liked to look at her and wanted to keep her around for a longer time. Maybe Saguaro has a 'before' and 'after' pic of Skye on her pic thread...or if you just look at her earlier pics compared to these recent ones. I'm not fussy about body weight but when you're 20 and gorgeous like Skye I'd be more careful of what I eat.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Lawson cried because on seeing the video, plus the way BB dealt with it as if it were a "big thing," he knew the kiss was out there and being highlighted. Before that he might have conned himself into thinking it was quick and dark and they probably couldn't see much on camera. I do feel sorry for him, he was tempted, made a mistake, and now can't do anything to talk to the person he needs to talk to about it. I feel less sorry for Cat because she was very much the aggressor. In the bed scene it's funny that she pushes Lawson to the final six inches of his side of the bed.

With the task result reveal, BB did seem to favour the staff when they seemed to be the ones mostly breaking the rules. The only job the guests had was to be high maintenance and they seemed to do that pretty well (too well!). Again it makes me wonder what we didn't see that made the staff so upset and BB actually blame the guests.

Travis is a complete prat! He basically says he made life difficult for them on purpose because he'd been up for eviction! He thinks the task was a part of the game and they should deal but his being up for eviction is different and he can pout about it and take it out on other people.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well, Travis did have a point, the staff were all dealing with it fairly well when it was all the guests that were nominated and facing a double eviction, and they were all safe, many of them never having been up at all.

Then after nominations, its flipped and most of the staff are nominated and all of a sudden the task is so terrible and they are all being so poorly treated.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Actually, the staff were annoyed from the start. Travis even nominated Sandra for complaining about their behavior, so it's illogical for him to argue that it's the nominations that got them upset when he was nominating people for being upset.

Travis is just writing it off that way because he doesn't want to entertain the idea that the guests played a big part in failing the task. He paid little attention to the fact that Big Brother reprimanded the guests for straining the hotel's resources, leading it to become one-star at times. The silly thing is they were sabotaging themselves. Being safe from nominations meant they were all guaranteed to be there eating staples if they lost, which they did.

Ryan and Sam drank brains to earn the food for this week. Food they weren't allowed to eat during this task. And the guests couldn't play the part of contented hotel guests? Eat that soggy burger with a smile, knowing it contains no brain matter. Being told you don't have to lift a finger doesn't mean you're supposed to make constant demands for more food and drinks than you'd normally consume.

What was really ridiculous was Travis saying the whole idea of the task was to give them a break because they'd been nominated. Wrong! The point was to win food for the house. His ongoing nominations are his problem. If he thought before he spoke he wouldn't get nominated every week.

All in all, I'm glad Big Brother didn't give them a pass on this one. Between the guests behavior, and the staff's attempts at revenge, this was definitely not a good example of teamwork. And I'm glad Jason won the prize money. Sandra may have been doing a lot of the grunt work, but she was also one of the biggest complainers. She and Ryan complained about not only the guests, but their fellow staff members as well. Sandra even chose to hang out in the kitchen on the last day because she wanted to stay away from the guests. Her attitude got in her way.

It's funny that they think the task divided the house, but it was really the previous nominations that did it.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Sure they complained at first, this is Sandra, Sam and Ryan we are talking about, all they EVER do is complain.

But there was a marked difference after nominations.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Is David OUT of the house??? Not a single clip of him today! I thought it was weird and I watched till the end of the show to see if I was mistaken but nothing of him at all! That was strange. Even when they were in groups, where was he?
Ooops... Ryan was just as absent... Maybe they were both in some kind of task or one has got the power and could not be shown yet...

Big Brotha is finally showing he sees it all and hears it all and Skye and Cat got the brunt of it. I actually prefer Skye without makeup and 1 nomination point for Cat won't change much, she'll be up next time for sure. Although I wonder if Lawson was just as guilty of talking about nominations and his 12 points, but Cat is the one BB punished with 1 point nominations next time.

Do you know why we say 20 k and they say 20 g ??

The debate over Cat and Lawson was just too old, don't know if it was because Sandra was with them but wasn't Travis close to Cat and Skye as well, but they let the argument go on and on. Enough already!

Still I missed David's participation and would have liked to know were he stands with the group divide.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Who's going to cut onions with their tongue out next time?! I think I might!

There's been very little David the last few days, he seemed to be the most thoughtful hotel guest and therefore didn't get much air time. Luckily he isn't up for eviction or he could be gone just because he hasn't been seen.

The G in 20 G is for 'grand.' I don't know if that's used in the US or not, but it's a UK thing as well as an Aus thing. It pre-dates K which is a computer thing (and actually not 1000, but 1024, but that's another story).

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I think David is pretty much a loner & probably doesn't neatly fit into any group.

I was glad they failed the task, winning would have made them gloss over the slights during the task but losing just amplifies everything.

I hate when BB passes the HM when they've done a task half azzed. I hate when they are on staples & get treats every night but I think that's just the UK house in recent times.

Last year the power changed with each HM. I don't know if I like this 12pt power. I wonder if they could give one point at a time for the same HM? With Travis being last on the list, surely she had to know it wouldn't take much to get him off.

I really think Sam thought he was imitating Tim's famous spa treatments from last year but Tim had no malice & Sam was being passive aggressive & rough. Doing this during the Hotel task was completely out of order, no matter *what* his intentions were but I really think it was his attempt at "humor" & thought it would be perceived as being funny.

I think Lawson is being more inappropriate now than he was in the sanctuary (except for the undercover work) with his stroking of Cat.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh I see, makes more sense to say 20 G...

I thought David was the controversial one and would remain so even with Lisa gone but I'm afraid that if he continues to eclipse himself and not take a strong stand, pro or con something, then he's done...

I think the 12 point power could do real damage later on when there aren't as many nominations but maybe by then Big Brother would have some other type of power.

Looks like the public already voted on the power holder but it could be a spoiler, don't really want to now, however, I just hope it's not Sam or Ryan or Sandra. David would be nice to have the power and see what he would do with it.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
K in 20K in regards to money is not derived from "kilobyte" but just "Kilo" in general, which means 1000. Long before Kilobytes there were kilograms, kilometers, etc. Its from the metric system.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
True, but it's only started to be used for money since k in computing became trendy. Think back 10 years and no one said k for money, and people still used km, kg etc.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I've seen K used for money at least 20 yrs, if not longer.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, ok. It's a new one for me. I suppose because it was always G in England until recently. I guess we only just caught on!

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
something's happening this Tuesday in BBAU:

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10653675_877464952272970_8628991612835688927_n.jpg?oh=bcea1c9bea814a4dc64f71e6bad34491&oe=54B65365

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
That onion trick didn't look like it worked. I tried something similar once after hearing that breathing through your mouth was the trick (keeping the vapors from getting in your nose). That didn't work, either.

It looks like the two factions are at least attempting to spend time together. I didn't even notice David and Ryan's absence, though. That can't be good. Good thing they're not nominated.

Amazing that Skye has those lashes naturally. She does not need makeup. Great punishment idea.

Looking forward to Tuesday. The housemates this year take themselves way too seriously compared to last year. Time to lighten up.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So nothing is happening until Tuesday? Meaning we won't see anything until Wednesday... funny, it's like they want us to forget about it. On weekends people (us here) would have more time to watch, considering the time difference and this long stretch is a bit like pouring water on hot coals and ready for a long nap, but would the enthusiasm come back after the nap? Oh well...

I see Ben is back, thanks for the link, but why? What could Ben bring to this group? He seems he doesn't belong in there this year, they're just too different as a group. Ben may not like it at all. A lot of people this year seem disenchanted with him, I read a lot of complaints about him coming back and more people complaining about this season being boring if they have to bring Ben back. I liked him and after the first shock of his eviction I didn't miss him so much as other favorites were still in the house.

So, on Wednesday morning shouldn't we see an eviction? I thought Monday was eviction night and we would see that on Tuesday morning but now no show until Tuesday over there, so by Wednesday we should see an eviction and we still won't know until then who has the power. The Australian forums don't say anything about the power so it means that without the live feeds no one really knows until the tv show airs on Tuesday.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Who said there was no show until Tuesday?

All I saw was a stupid banner ad for the annoying Ben being on the show on Tuesday.

Is he going to talk to his mother's picture again? I really disliked Ben and his ridiculous fake gimmick.

Yea it's on Sunday, went to the official site just now and it said tonight (Sunday) at 8:40.

Oh and its not just this year that a lot of people are disenchanted with Ben. It was all during last year too as people saw through his completely fake act to get votes and finally voted him off.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Flagg, the change in schedule makes it more confusing for me.

So, if on their Sunday (which is still Saturday here) there is a show, we could still have a show to watch tomorrow morning (Sunday) and then Monday morning here (which is Tuesday over there) we should see the eviction show and then the next Ben's coming and they're saying a fake eviction, maybe this explains why Ben is coming, he may be in the room with the fake evicted.
Well, that should be fun....

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yes the Sunday show is tomorrow morning for us.

We should get all the shows on the regular schedule, nothing has changed. Except maybe an hour earlier due to daylight savings time.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Still I missed David's participation and would have liked to know were he stands with the group divide.

Spunky, David is part of the reason Sam and Sandra were nommed. He talked with Aisa, Cat, the gal that was evicted and possibly Travis last week and told them that Sam, Sandra and the third in their group were the ones running the house. He really woke them up; hence they went after Sandra/Sam.

I would say he is more with Skye, Cat, Aisa and possibly Travis. I don't remember if he included Lawson or Ryan with the '3' that were the running the house. I feel he's with the group I like the best overall.

I so hope they don't let sneaky Pria skate through.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pretty sure there was no show Saturday (which would have been available this morning but wasn't) and no show Sunday either. Instead of Sunday's BB it's the two hour finale of The Block Glasshouse, which seems to be very popular. I think BB will be back to normal next week although the schedule I look at (http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/) doesn't reach out that far yet.

Tv Times for this coming week are

Sun12 - nothing I can see
Mon13 8.30-9.59pm Aus = 2.30-3.59am PT = 5.30-6.59am ET
Tue14 7.30-8.59pm Aus = 1.30-2.59am PT = 4.30-5.59am ET
Wed15 8.40-10.09pm Aus = 2.40-4.09am PT = 5.40-7.09am ET
Thu16 8.00-9.09pm Aus = 2.00-3.09am PT = 5.00-6.09am ET
Fri17 7.30-7.59pm Aus = 1.30-1.59pm PT = 4.30-4.59am ET

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I thought Friday's show was the most boring ever--all that blatherskite about cheating, for instance. I didn't care for Ben's asinine shtick last year, and really didn't ever want to see him again.