TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 09, 2014 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Flagg. It just seemed none of the other Power Holders were nommed, so I wasn't sure.

Nominees:

Lawson 12 Points
Sandra 10 Points
Jason 8 Points (?)
Priya 7 Points
Sam 6 Points
Travis 6 Points

Great noms except for Lawson. I think Travis will be saved again because he really wasn't wrong in talking to Sam about how he treated Aisa in the task. That might keep him in the house another week.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not sure if it was deliberate or not but Sandra, Sam, Ryan and Lawson all seemed to perfectly spread their votes around to Jason, Travis and Skye while no 2 of them nominated the same people.

Nominations
Lawson 12
Sandra 10
Jason 9
Priya 7
Sam 6
Travis 6

I guess its not a double next week.
Out of that group, Id guess Sandra will go, for pretty much the reason Aisha gave. She's always negative and moaning about being there.
I would much rather see Sam go, but I think its too early yet for him to go.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Flagg, I've noticed a lot of nom talk going on this year in a roundabout way with no punishment from BB. It surprises me.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea I agree. In the past, even discussing who you thought would nominate you, or whether or not you thought somebody would go, was punished. Not any more apparently.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But why was Cat so bent on saving Travis? Was that because of the meeting they had in the tree house about nominations?

It just seemed strange that it was not Lawson she wanted to save and when she saw he was at the top didn't try to bring him down at all. I think their fling is over.

So what she ended up doing was to bring Travis down from 11 points but not down enough and Pryia got up on the red zone. She had only 5 points left when she decided to gave them all to Prya who only had 2 at that time, I think if she gave the 5 points to Skye Travis and Sam may not be up there at all since she already had 3 points, she could have been up to 8 (I know wasted, but there weren't any other up there with only 3 points, Prya had only 2 points. Was 5 points the minimum to be in the red zone? Then there wouldn't be a chance either for Travis or Sam, but Skye with 8 and Prya saved. Oh well, I'd rather see Prya up there than Skye.

This year Big Brother has a mean streak, he liked to make Skye feel bad about the possibility of going home next.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Aisha massage and aftermath was uncomfortable watching. I don't think Sam realised how rough he was being or how violated Aisha felt, and afterwards I think his bravado and fear of it being a BIG thing made him not handle it as well as he could have done. That and wanting to get back at Travis. And poor Aisha, it looked like she got into a loop of not knowing how to handle it and then it was too late and she was just shell shocked.

I wonder if BB's going to fail them for going out of character, or if they thought the circumstances warranted it.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
For the most part I'm pretty happy with how the nominations went. I'm glad David has a week off, and I'm glad that Sam, Sandra and Jason now realize that they are vulnerable. At this point, I don't know who I want to see go home, but I'm leaning toward Sam or Sandra.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was definitely good to see Sam and Sandra up. I've liked Sandra but she really doesn't seem to appreciate the experience at all, so I'd be happy if she goes. I'd also always be happy to see Travis go. I like Lawson, Jason and Priya and want them all to stay.

I didn't realise the HOH got the same power every week. I'd like to know how long they get to work out what to do, because so far they've all made tactical errors.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I guess on re-watching the nominations Skye had actually 5 points but Cat messed up and gave the 5 points to Prya who only had 2 points. So I guess any one over the 5 point mark gets nominated, I don't know what could have brought Travis down to 5 and be saved. Even if she had given those 5 points to Skye bringing her up to 10, Travis may still be up there with 6. Instead Prya bumped Skye who is now safe.
It's not that easy to juggle those 12 points power...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's the top six who are up for eviction, Spunky (more than six if there's a tie for 6th place). I know it's tricky for them to work out given the pressure, but Cat had a lot of info because when she gave 3(?) points to Priya she bumped her up about three places. She then knew the ones in the middle, which included Travis, were very close to being saved.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
She gave the whole 5 points left to Pryia who had only 2 points and ended up with 7 points. She did give several points to Sam, maybe she should have given Sam more points to bump Travis down, instead Travis and Sam are up there with the same points.

I think the public is not ready to evict Sam on his first time nomination (the sympathy card) but Sandra may go if she shows once more to not appreciate her time in the house.

I think the power they had last year was more fun to watch... I remember they could scrap someone's nominations and even know who they nominated and how many points they had and hear their reasons for the nominations. Wow, that was power.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Kitt -

This week on the voice over before nominations it was announced the top 5, not top 6, would be up for eviction. We have 6 nominees because two tied for 5th place and there is no tiebreaker.

If Skye had received one more point there would have been a three-way tie for 5th and we'd have 7 HMs up for eviction.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Spunky -

There were no minimum points required to be a nominee this week. Rules were the five HMs with the top point total would be up for eviction. So, for example, if three points was the 5th highest point total, the person/people who received three points would have been up for eviction.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh I missed that change, Jbw, thanks.

I don't know how much the sympathy factor will work with Sam, and I don't think he expects or possibly even wants it to. He, the other hms and the show seem to treat it like it's nothing. Which is a very good thing.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I'd love to see Lawson go , he's really rude to Skye a nd he's just an all around jerk.

Bee

09-14-2009

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
I also like all the nominations this week. I'd not like to see Jason or Priya go yet but wouldn't mourn any of the nominated that may leave this week.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
But why was Cat so bent on saving Travis? Was that because of the meeting they had in the tree house about nominations?

Spunky, Cat and Travis and some others were discussing how some in the house had no idea how it felt to be on the block, as they never had been on the block and Cat and Travis had been up every week. I think she was trying to save Travis from being up a fourth week in a row.

I don't think she'd ever give points to Skye as that is her closest gal friend in the house.

It's a double eviction next week, but the way they've been doing the evictions hasn't it kind of been a double eviction the last few weeks? Are they going to have enough people to last the season at this rate?

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
In the treehouse meeting Cat told Travis and Lisa she wanted them to form an alliance, so that was Cat trying to protect her remaining ally. It is very interesting that she didn't try to bring Lawson into that alliance that night. And also interesting that she never asked to see where he was in the nomination rankings.

It's good to see different faces up this time. I totally agreed with what Aisha said about Sandra, but then I remembered Aisha telling Sonya she'd rather go home than have Travis leave.

Sam was really being obtuse about the whole spa thing. It seemed like Big Brother was trying to hint to him more than once that he had gone too far and was in the wrong, but he just stubbornly insisted he did nothing wrong and she should grow up. Which made it all the sadder when Aisha told people Sam had given her a really sincere apology. And how obnoxious was Leo putting his two cents in when he had no idea what he was talking about?

Perhaps they were trying to do what Tim and Drew did last year, but Sam just isn't funny. One was more of a prank while the other felt more like some kind of hazing ritual. Priya should've said something, but at least she took responsibility and apologized.

Frankly, the behavior of all the staff should earn them a fail for the task. The spa incident wasn't their only attempt at humiliating a guest. That whole business with fattening Skye up on chocolate was clearly not about giving good service. Even when given the incentive of a reward, they still couldn't resist seeking revenge on the guests who irritated them.

I understand that some like to clean while still cooking, but if you know others don't why not just let them finish cooking and then let them clean up after themselves instead of moaning because they don't do things your way? It must be just as annoying to have someone cleaning all around you while you're trying to cook.

If it were vote to evict, I'd say Lawson or Sam would go, but since it's vote to save you never know. It could be Sandra. And once again Ryan goes unnoticed.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Ryan goes unnoticed but he felt the sting of losing the 3 k to Jason. Surprised that Travis said Ryan should get it... if Travis only knew what Ryan and Sam and Lawson said about him as a guest... But I'm glad they failed the task because they were clearly not the best hotel staff. All their resentment expressed in front of the whole group made them look like crying babies, or maybe they just lost their sense of humour. Surprised also that Leo has shown some not nice colours, he likes to vent when he really should take it easy, he's got immunity and should lighten up.

oh what a web we weave! Well, that's Big Brother for sure, he's not done with the Cat/Lawson thing and the whole secret video idea was just too lame, of course they wouldn't go for it, good for them. But then to have Lawson cry about his 'huge' mistake in the DR for the longest time was pushing things too far, Big Brother, enough of that, was he trying to tell us that he really did it? Oh come on, who cares! Big Brotha, lighten up!! The whole house has the blues now...

Skye better go on a diet because she's packing in the pounds...

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea the "choice" for Cat was really no choice at all, of course she would never do it. Show that video to everyone, and perhaps prove that she lied to them all when she said nothing happened, in return for only seeing people's nominations? Big deal.

What good does she get out of seeing people's nominations that could possibly outweigh the massive negatives that would come about if they all saw that sanctuary video?

Its obvious she would never go for it, and Im sure BB knew that. It was just an excuse to get her and Lawson in there watching that footage so they could generate more drama.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Nice bit of editing there during Lawson's crying DR room session.

Right after he tearfully confesses how he self-destructed his life and was destroying all of his relationships, it cuts to Cat telling Skye she can't discuss the power room,
"nothing that affects anybody, except myself."
And it cuts immediately to Lawson, still in tears.

I cannot help but think that whole DR session was a bit of an act and played up a lot more than was necessary.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Oh boo hoo the task is so hard! Im really tired of their complaining. They knew what they were signing up for.

I hope BB gives them even more difficult tasks like this, its finally getting interesting when their facades drop.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lawson has terrified eyes during the bath scene, but it didn't look too bad to me. The bed stuff... no explaining that away though!

Arg, got to go to the dentist so can't watch what happens next until later!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea the bath scene did not seem to bad, but who knows what they didn't show. Same goes for the under the covers action, whatever that may have been.

I found it interesting that BB made a point of saying that they failed because of the demanding guests, and from what they showed us, only Ryan picked up on it and commented on that fact.

But then how many times did BB say "the Big Brother Hotel, where the guests don't lift a finger". He was giving the guests their directions right there, and they followed them apparently too well.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I was surprised BB didn't bring up the staff not staying in character. Today they showed Leo/Skye talking and others have also done it.

I don't think they only failed because of the guests, did they? Didn't they say something about the "Hotel" being a mess?

I agree, Flagg, about BB giving the guests direction and I couldn't help but think Skye was going overboard to pretend she was in a real 5-Star Hotel. Confusing.

I also wasn't sure what to think about Lawson in the DR. He is on the block, so who knows.