TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 08, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think I'm up to the Lisa argument you're talking about yet.

Programming note: In case anyone gets up early and watches live, Australia (well, parts of it) went into daylight savings time today (Sunday, although they're already into Monday). That means their clocks are put forward an hour making the live tv schedule one hour earlier than before when you convert to US time, i.e. if you used to watch at 5.40am you now need to watch at 4.40am.

As QLD doesn't observe daylight savings the live recordings might not change times, but I don't think the show's idea of "live" is the same as it airing live on tv, so it's the tv time that's important to us. I think.

(US clocks go back on Nov 2nd, which will make the Aus tv schedule another hour earlier.)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Flagg, you were right, Jake is a goner...

Lawson just lost his ally...

No surprise about Skye getting the highest vote to save.

Another one with a very low percentage, could be Lisa or Aisha... really Aisha doesn't seem to be a strong presence, she won the 20 k and could be happy with that, not bad for a month in the house, but maybe David will go, who knows...

The Hotel Staff challenge got everyone to forget about Lawson and Cate's drama, Big Brother is learning from the magic tricks of Lawson and he managed to get the whole thing disappear...

So tomorrow night another eviction... I hope it's a woman going.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I hated that they just repeated a major portion of yesterday's show.

It's not fair that some can create official alliances & do strategy talk. From now on, all these 3 have to say to each other is you know so & so and so & so are really pissing me off.

Kitt, you beat me to it. I knew the Au time changed but I was hoping it would make it easier to see.

Another chink to add to the programming air time it is my understanding that after the Block is over (in 2 weeks??), BBAu will air at the earlier time 7:30pm AEDT

Tomorrow, BBAU is at 2.40am Pacific US / 5.40am Eastern US / 10.40am BST / 8.40pm AEDT / 10.40pm NZDT

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Flagg stated:
I dont think Leon is just like Dion.
Did you not notice how much time Sonia spent discussing with him how he felt about working out and using the gym?

His answer was almost too perfect after what we saw with Dion, he was probably coached.

You're right, Flagg. Leo isn't Dion. Now that I've seen more of him, he's much more opionated and not afraid to speak out. It's not exactly doing him favors. I think Dion may have actually been the better HG.

I keep forgetting to post, but on yesterday's show I was so upset with Sandra for going on and on about Cat when she ran to Sam after he said something about 'even if you'd like to have/do something with someone, you don't' and she says to him she didn't realize he felt that way. Any little crumb she'll take.

Then, Cat invited Lawson to the special room. Oh no...! However, today Lawson was talking about how he and his girlfriend broke up a week before he went into the house and then she wanted to go back together. Sounds like the girlfriend determines if there is a relationship or not so maybe he's trying to see if a relationship with Cat may be possible.

Last week Sandra and Sam were talking about how shook up Lawson was when Cat brushed him off after being nommed. They said he was frantic when she wouldn't talk to him right away. I have felt that Lawson does have feelings for Cat for awhile now.

As for what the guy (can't remember his name..cute; quiet) told Lawson today about waiting seven weeks even if you have feelings, in this case I don't agree. If he'd been dating his girlfriend a long time and it was a strong relationship, I'd say yes, but is doesn't sound like it is that strong. What if she just went back to him to control him on the show? Just a thought.

I can't help but feel the relationship Sam has with his girlfriend may be stronger than that of Lawson with his girlfriend.

ETA: I haven't been reading here for a few days, so I was shocked that Jake was evicted today. It was thought he was evicted because of the triangle, but I think his lying about something that happened last week or so and BB showing him lying may have had something to do with it. Regardless of that, I thought he'd be in for the long haul, having been trained by Tim.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think its nothing more than screen time. If you arent seen on the show, people forget about you and have no incentive to spend money voting to save.

Jake has barely been on the show at all the last couple weeks.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Day behind but... where did that kiss come from?! It looked like they got in bed one sec and the next they were under a sheet and kissing. I almost wonder if Lawson knew whether it was happening before it was over! I've been wondering if the girlfriend was real, or if it was part of Lawson's "backstory" for some other purpose (like he didn't want to hook up on camera and it was a great excuse). Interesting to hear they might be on a break, or at least that's what he's saying.

I think the questions here yesterday about Lisa were to do with the hottub thing on Sunday's show?? Lisa was just awful with the "boom, b.tch!" I can understand David snapping being treated that rudely when he was already probably feeling a bit left out. I thought David was right, they shouldn't make dangerous gossip, even though it's pretty natural to do so. I was kind of shocked how well they handled it afterwards, and I wonder what other stuff was said.

I haven't seen today's yet but I'm sad Jake's gone. I liked him.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I agree with Flagg, in a vote to save with no screen time, Jake was an easy out. I liked him ok but didn't see him being a great HM. We see so little of any of them (except Sky), it's hard to get to really know them.

I figure Aisha going tomorrow. I don't know why Cat is popular but I think Lisa & David will be saved for being feisty & Travis for being the trickster.

Tomorrow's options =

Cat
Lisa
David
Travis
Aisha

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tim Dormer had a funny tweet right after Jake was evicted:

tim dormer @timdormer

Oh great. Now I have to clean up the apartment! Bad luck #JakeBBAU ...keep up that rapping & it won't be the first time you'll be evicted!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
LOL! I agree with Tim about the rapping!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Hah, hah...agree that Jake isn't great @ rapping.

Can Cat even be evicted when she is HOH or does that protect her?

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I imagine Cat can still get evicted, or they would've said she'd won immunity with the HOH. It would be interesting to see someone win HOH by audience vote and then get voted out a few days later by audience vote. I doubt it will happen, just because there were so many voting days before the night in the sanctuary happened.

I would normally agree with David that it wasn't right to gossip about what was going on between Cat and Lawson, but since they're in the Big Brother house and all of Australia as well as those of us in other countries are able to see and talk about what's going on in there why should they be the only ones who can't? They gave up their privacy when they went in there. They're now all under the microscope.

Lawson and his girlfriend have been together for five years. That's a long-lasting relationship. Who knows why they broke up right before he went in but then got back together. Perhaps she was afraid of a situation like this happening and tried to give him his freedom. In any event, I totally agree with Ryan that he could've waited until leaving the house before exploring things with Cat. What's the big rush? Give your long-time girlfriend the respect of waiting until you're off camera before throwing her over for someone else.

For some reason I was all the more peeved by the two of them acting so tearfully remorseful afterward. It's so easy to cry about it after you've had your night of fun, but where was that conscience 12 hours earlier? You had your fun, got your camera time, and now you want to act all sorry so people will overlook it. Maybe it's because of Cat's comment about wanting to change the way people see her, or her need to explain her reasons for each decision she makes. It just felt a bit calculated.

After visiting the Facebook page yesterday, it didn't sound like Cat had much support left. So many comments were "Vote Skye and David!" Still, I think Cat will have already garnered enough votes from earlier in the week to keep her in for now. Aisha will likely be out, especially after that foolish answer to Sonya's question. Why vote for Aisha if even she would rather you vote for Travis over her? Today the Facebook commenters seem to be divided between wanting Cat and Lisa to go.

I think it will be interesting to watch what happens with Lisa and Skye now that Jake is gone.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Today's episode finally got posted...

First saved tonight, David. If its like last week, he is not necessarily the one with the most save votes, just "enough votes to save".'

Second safe nominee, Travis.

So its Aisha, Lisa and Cat left.

Hard to call, Cat may have done enough damage that she could go.

Highlights are mostly about the hotel task and the staff complaining incessantly about the hotel guests and each other. Apparently Jason is being too bossy and positive about the task, Leo is not doing any work and yet really realy wants the 3K prize.

Ryan, Sandra and Sam are the worst whingers, in that order. Funny how we never see or hear anything from Ryan and then when we finally do its nothing but b****ing about everybody and the task.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Finally some interesting strategy conversation, David Lisa and Aisha discussing the "alpha group" of Sam, Sandra and Ryan and how they influence the house and now people are finally starting to see it.
Aisha almost says out right that they are her targets for nomination.

Third saved is Aisha.

Down to Cat and Lisa.

Lisa is evicted.

Lol either this season is really predictable or Im getting really good. ;)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Final percentages for today,

top save was David with 30%
Aisha 27%
Travis 16%
Cat 15%
Lisa 12%

So Cat was not really in danger and yet her percentage has dropped drastically.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Flagg for explaining further what went on with the Hotel Staff because I just can't understand them, I get the gist but not every single word they say. And you were right that Lisa would be a goner as well... I thought for a moment Aisha would go but I think she stayed because of her liason with Travis.
Cat dropped but I don't know if it's because of the Lawson romance thing...

Lisa gone is okay by me, however I still think others should have gone before her... oh well, it will come eventually.

Lisa's comments about Ryan being the best... what the heck?? Thank goodness Sonia's reaction was the same as mine, very surprised. I can see Ryan and Sam with Lawson, these three are the worst together, Ryan's habit of complaining about almost everything will drag Sam and Lawson down with him.

But what was Pryia complaining about while talking to Jason in the kitchen, she must have been talking about some other Hotel Staff because looked towards the door to see if any of them was coming inside but Jason didn't seem to pay too much attention, but obviously Pryia had something to say... couldn't be again about Leo, they're getting ridiculous ganging up on Leo.

Leo should expect to be nominated of course, but I'm curious to see what Cat's power will be with the nominations... again Lawson, Sam and Sandra will be spared.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Priya was telling Jason about the rumblings about the fence sitters. She may have overheard the conversation in the bed room. There seems to be a bit of plotting going on about those who have not been up who are not in the alpha group, to get them off the fence and into the firing line.

Leo will be exempt this week but yes traditionally intruders go up the first chance they can.

I am glad David topped the vote against Lisa after catching a few more snippets of the fight the other night.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Lisa left. The other night when she went after David, no one supported her and the look on her face was that she just remembered Katie was no longer there to back her up, so she then tried the crying and almost becoming the victim like Katie. She did take more responsibility for her actions than Katie ever did, but it was too late.

I would love to see Pria go next. She is going to win if they don't get her out and I just can't like her. She's so sneaky and the tattling is just so wrong. I'm sure it's her gameplay, but I feel bad for anyone who trusts her.

I'm ready for David to go as well. He doesn't learn. He shaved his beard; looked great and now he's growing it out again. Why? Everyone told him how great he looked, but he said he didn't like looking @ his face. This would be the opportune time for him to start trying to look @ his face. He's nice looking without the beard, but he's just so very stuck in his ways, I just can't get interested in him.

We'll see what happens to him now that Lisa isn't there being mean to him.

I think Sandra will be nominated this week for sure.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I was so glad to see Lisa go! She always looked so sour. I was also glad to see Dave get the first save. I think that really shook up the house.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Im hoping that conversation with Aisha and few of the others about the "Alpha group" will prompt them to start nominating Sam, Ryan and Sandra.

Those 3 have not done themselves any favors by always hanging out together and complaining incessantly during the Hotel task.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I don't know. I think losing it's last major female antagonist might cause things to get a bit dull. Now it'll just be about the guys trying to outdo each other and complaining about each other.

Now with Katie and Lisa gone, Jason is probably Priya's main confidant. It looks like Priya and Jason are loyal to each other and play similar games, getting information wherever they can and comparing notes.

It's funny to hear them talk about alpha groups and who has the power. The viewers have the power. It doesn't matter who gets nominated if the viewers get the final say.

Aisha's votes surprised me. She doesn't have much of a presence on this show, and her relationship with Travis is pretty forgettable. Are there a lot of New Zealanders living in Australia who might be voting for her?

Hopefully the next round of nominations will bring new faces to the chopping block. It would be nice just to see where they stand in popularity, even though it changes every week. That trend tracker thing they have at the website is pretty useless since it only shows who's being talked about, and not who's the most liked.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Do you know why Cat wanted to save Travis from nomination? From the tv episodes you can't really judge why, but she messed up her power and could not save him and Prya ended up in the red zone.

Strange David got no points at all and Ryan is spared again.

Leo had immunity but also could not nominate, I was curious to see his nominations.

Half of this episode was about Sam mistreating Aisha at the spa and the silly girl could not tell him to stop or just get up and leave and tell him what she really felt about what he was doing. Then when Travis tried to get Sam to apologize to her things got worse for Travis, she ended up having an argument with Travis and now their relationship to the dumps... not looking good for Travis without a romance to keep the viewers interested and save him again.

However, of all the nominated ones I don't think Lawson is in any danger since he seems to have been recruited by Big Brother and he always gets his way even if the public votes.
I don't want Prya or Jason to go yet, I feel Sandra or Sam should go.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well, actually it does matter who gets nominated if one group controls the nominations and only the housemates outside of that group ever get nominated. It happened most of the season 2 years ago and the winner ended up being one of the housemates behind all of the nominations collusion.

Sam and his cohorts are really not very smart about this game, probably more scouted cast who never watched it.
Its been proven time and again that Skye is the fan favorite, so who do they single out for their mean-spirited pranks, all the while commenting about how stupid she is and will never notice?

Ive said before that Sam has a lock on winning this, unless he does something stupid and comes off looking like a massive jerk. Well he is doing his utmost to prove what a jerk he really is, so thats good news for everyone else.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They definitely should fail the task after this spa fiasco and its aftermath.

Sam showing no remorse, lying to Sandra about what Travis said to him. He just keeps digging his hole deeper. And then when he gets his chance to easily apologise, instead he whinges about how she sent Travis to complain to him.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm worried for Lawson because of what happened the other night. BB keeps panning to him when something affects Cat. When BB reshowed Lisa getting evicted and it was just her and Cat, after Lisa's name was said they showed Lawson looking very stressed that Cat might go. I worry the AU public will judge him and he's one of my favorite HG's.

Also, he in a sense told Cat he couldn't take not being able to talk to her the first day of the Hotel task.

Sandra said more than once today to Sam: "You're the center of my universe." Why is that okay? So glad some of the previously 'safe' peeps are now getting nominated.

Again, I thought Cat couldn't be nominated being the HOH; Special Power Holder. I don't believe I've seen one them nommed before.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
HoH does not give them any immunity, just the nominations superpower that they can use to try to save themselves if necessary.