TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 05, 2014 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea I was wondering as well why it was changed to Lisa with no explanation, especially after they made such a big deal about it, both BB and Sonia mentioned Leo "getting lucky" with Aisha. I thought that was a bit crass. Maybe "getting lucky" in that context means something else in Australia?
Then suddenly its Lisa instead.

Well, its allegedly a live show (obviously pre-taped), maybe Aisha refused or was in the toilet or something.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
If you havent watched yet, tonight is worth it just for Ryan's nominations. Wow. That was funny. Big Brother (the character) is awesome.
Im starting to see why Ryan gets little to no screen time. Not the brightest, is he?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
7 are nominated, and its another 2 day double eviction next week.

David
Travis
Jake
Skye
Cat
Aisha
Lisa

My prediction, Jake and Lisa will be evicted.

I wonder if thats why Lisa got the extra screen time with the intruder tonight? Production trying not to lose all of the argumentative females.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I don't understand how someone can enter into this game and not know anything about it?!

I hope David doesn't go, and I hope he understands that he can't trust anyone in that house.

I agree that there seems to be an alliance with Lawson, Sam and Sandra. What is the divide that Ryan was talking about older crew vs. younger crew? IMO it's sorta disgusting when someone picks their nose and looks at it ... and his response to BB? I think he belongs in the younger crew.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
I think the switch with Lisa and Aisha was done because his choice was Aisha just by her looks at first glance. I would guess the show believed Lisa would have more personality, and make for better conversation between them.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I doubt the reason was that innocuous.
If they wanted to decide then why did they even give him a choice? When they did this in past seasons, the intruder didnt get a choice.

They sent that stuttering guy in there. And I think I remember that he was in danger of eviction that week as well.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised she has a fan base although obviously Cricket is one!

Heh, heh, Gibralter, I am a big fan of Cat. I like that she had one career (finance) wasn't happy; went to school and became a midwife. I give her kudos for that. Also, she's not a backstabber like some of the HG's. She's a nice gal, who seems intelligent.

The mean girls did the same thing to her that Lisa is doing to Skye. They pick Cat apart something awful.

You mentioned Aisha going to Lisa/Katie's side the other day. I hadn't noticed that so I started paying attention and sure enough, there she was with Lisa. I don't get it. With her being nommed this week, I wonder if she'll distance herself or get even closer with that group.

I wanted Priya nommed. Don't they see her running back to groups to tattle what they just told her? Is Skye the only person that's on to her being a dibber dobber? (Right words?) For someone who said she wouldn't be partners with Lisa, she's right there with her bashing other HG's.

David is growing his beard right back and is kind of sly about how he talks to people about voting. He can go any time. I heard a lot of nomination talk in a general manner, but there were no warnings from BB.

Did Sam's voting take Priya off nomination? My dream eviction next week would have been Priya/Lisa. Jake isn't getting away with things like Tim did last year. The exaggeration and making things up isn't working for him.

The public got rid of Dion and BB sends in a guy much like him. What's the point?

Since they keep having double evictions so early in the season, does that mean there will be a lot of intruders this season?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I dont think Leon is just like Dion.
Did you not notice how much time Sonia spent discussing with him how he felt about working out and using the gym?
His answer was almost too perfect after what we saw with Dion, he was probably coached.

As for why he would go on the show without having watched it, thats normal for most Big Brother versions, BBUS especially,
They scout out people and offer to put them on the show, and usually these people have never seen it or even heard of it. Like half of this year's, and every year's, BBUS cast.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Lawson alluded to David throwing people under the bus on nomination day as a strategy. I wonder who he was trying to set up. Was it Jake? I wish they would just show us these events instead of forcing us to glean info from whatever comments are made after the fact.

New guy seems nice enough so far. I got the impression when Big Brother asked who he thought he'd like to see he was just feeling him out, not actually taking requests. Lisa told him she'd known about him for 20 minutes, but he'd only entered the sanctuary 10 minutes earlier. Aisha already had the yes/no with her grandmother anyway.

Cat's nomination surprised me. I don't see the point in nominating someone that you know drew the largest number of votes last time. I'd wait until a few of the less desirables went home before I'd try her again. They know Travis and Priya were less popular than Cat in the last vote. I would either focus on them, or nominate those who hadn't been nominated yet just to see what happens. For now, I'm going to guess Jake and Aisha will go home.

I'm not a fan of Lisa, but now that Katie's gone it would probably be bad for the show to lose Lisa. She fills a certain role right now. But seriously, since when is a slim thirty-one-year-old not allowed to wear shorts and a sports bra to dance in the sun? And what makes people think Cat's not being herself when they just met her?

I do wish Travis wouldn't encourage Skye to be immature. Twenty is not 12, and even at 12 I knew not to eat 1/4 of a dessert that was meant for a group of 15, not to mention throw a screaming fit when called out for it. With Aisha already feeling like Skye competes with her, these pep talks he gives Skye could cost Travis his showmance.

I found myself distracted by the dog lying on his back on the bed with the little paw flapping in the air during the Priya/Lisa scene. So cute! I wouldn't have been able to get through that conversation without giggling.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
CurlyQ -

With commercials, it very well could have been 20 minutes instead of 10. Or Lisa could have been mistaken, as they dont have any clocks.

I agree that Cat's nomination made no strategic sense, but then most of them in there don't play with any strategy at all and are proud of that fact.
You dont see it much with the edited nominations, but with how strict BB is about their reasons for nominations, I get the feeling that they just nominate her because its easy for them all to come up with a reason for it and she is a convenient scapegoat.

There is also the possibility that they are using strategy in that they really want their other choice to be evicted, so they put up Cat as well since they know she will be safe.
Its a bit early for that type of strategy, but it has happened often in the past.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Poor Leo, what did he do to deserve that torture? You can tell he'd rather be somewhere else but he's there and has to make the best of it, he's not too thrilled with any of them I'm sure, Skye is trying to be over friendly but I don't see him as the flirty guy.. Priya and Jason discuss that he's intelligent and perceives all around him (by his facial expression, that's how she said).
I feel a bit sorry for him, I don't think he's enjoying himself very much, the guys weren't overly friendly with him either...

This Cat and Lawson's relationship is too much of a drama I think, she's 31, he's 23, come on Cat, you act like a teenager on her first crush.

I think Skye has to watch her diet.. she put on some weight. The phone call on hold was too lousy for Travis, I didn't get what was Big Brother's challenge with that other than keeping Travis out of the way...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This last episode only confirms what I felt about Leo yesterday and Priya is spot on about him again. Of course the other guys, except Jason, are a bit bugged by him, I was hoping he would play down his fitness guru because I feared they would take it as if he's selling something to them but that this is coming right from Lisa does not surprise me, right away I saw she was the wrong choice to spend time with Leo in the sanctuary.

I'm glad Skye is not trying to change and continues to be spontaneous and acting her age.

I don't like Sam at all, his handicap must make him too aware of competition and deep down he's resentful and I can see it. He reminds me a bit of Eddie although the US winner had some good humour which I still don't see in Sam.

Mmmm, eating or drinking brain matter is never good... even cooked sheep brain. Some research on Prion should explain why... yuk...

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I don't care much about Cat and Lawson's romance! Maybe it's been too many years, but at that age I think I could control what came out of my mouth and wouldn't need to say what I feel! Maybe the house really does change people.

I think Leo realizes he's come on a bit strong so should be interesting how he interacts here on out. He really doesn't look too thrilled to be in the house.

Not sure about Sam ... liked him initially ... I'd really like to see more interaction with all the housemates! Other than his small group, does he talk to anyone?

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I don't imagine Leo would go into that house if he didn't want to be there. Still, I can't understand someone wanting to go on a tv show when they don't even own a tv. If I were in that house he would probably grate on me a bit as well. Spending too much time making people feel like they need to improve themselves is not the best idea in this situation. Especially if the others are right about him not being as interested in their stories as he is in sharing his. He and Jason are sure hitting it off, though.

They probably hoped he'd be a good match for Sandra or Cat, but so far they don't seem too interested. That house does seem to have an effect on the housemates' sanity, causing them to fixate on people they can't have and probably wouldn't even want under normal circumstances. I don't get the attraction to Sam or Lawson, but then we get so little of the feeds that we may be missing their most endearing moments. Lawson may be in trouble with his girlfriend before this is all over.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Curlyq

you're right that Lawson will hear from his girlfriend after the game, especially smooching with Cat in the Sanctuary bed... I can't understand Cat's attachment to Lawson, she's 31 and he's 23, I'd expected her to go for an older guy. She seems much more into him than he into her, and he may simply find an excuse that he was playing strategically... after the game and as the magician he really is he may get it all magically all right again with his girlfriend.

Leo is not reading people very well if he thinks that by wooing Sandra he's doing something right.. she'll run straight to Sam and Lawson and tell Lawson what he told her about Cat and Lawson. I don't trust Sandra.

Are we really sure Australians voted for Cat to get the power? Mmmm, I think Big Brother wanted to have the Cat and Lawson romance in the Sanctuary. And now that power means that Cat can talk about nominations with Travis and Lisa?? Mmmmm Big Brother breaking his own rules...

David did it again?? Just when I thought he was getting friendly with Skye knowing she's popular with the public, he gets in trouble with Lisa again, however I did not fully understand what he said about her to make her so upset) did you understand?? So here we have Leo saying it's unforgivable what David said and tries to comfort Lisa who clearly is not too thrilled about the hug and then we see David hugging Lisa and apologizing to her and she not only hugs him and clings on to him but gives him another big hug and a kiss... is she really smitten with him and this is why she gets upset at his words to her?

Big Brother is spinning a web for sure...

So, it's clear that Cat will not be evicted if Australians gave her the power.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm a few days behind, just seen the intruder episode. BB asked Leo who he'd choose (from the pictures) and he chose Aisha, BB said something like "let's see if you get lucky" which suggests there was some other way the person who meets him was determined but then it just seems like BB picked Lisa?? Odd.

I think there's a good chance Travis and Lisa will go, unless Lisa's getting votes for her troublemaking.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I believe that Cat was voted in. She was first saved last week and has been in the center of a LOT of the show this past week.

who else would they vote for? Skye?

Though I do not think its any kind of coincidence that they had this "Illusion" theme/task/ whatever. I am getting really tired of how BB caters so much to Lawson and his stupid tacky magic tricks. Every week it just reinforces more and more my theory that Lawson is a hired actor.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think it will be Lisa and Jake evicted.
Travis seems to have a big following while Jake does not, and Jake has probably got some negative reactions from the way he appears to be stringing along 2 girls at once. One of them being Skye, who is vastly popular.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In that eviction vote when Dion went, Priya, Travis and Katie all had a very similar number of votes. I don't think Travis actually is that popular... at least I'm hoping that's the case.

Same as last year, I think there are very few (relatively) votes in BBAus, and only the popular/controversial ones get a significant number of votes.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Flagg, Kitt... did you understand what David said to upset Lisa?? (They were all enjoying a drink in the hot tub... )

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't really understood what David did to upset anyone. He just seems like a male to me ;). Sorry males ;).

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I think David was uncomfortable that they were all talking about Cat and Lawson ... Lisa was the one who said "cheating" ... he said it was "inappropriate" and I think Lisa defended herself and was OTT ... one thing to say Cat/Lawson shouldn't have done it ... another thing to say cheating. I think she realized she shouldn't have been so honest about how she felt about Cat and she sorta reinforced (IMO) her nature by attacking David.

She brought up Day 1 and she knew David wasn't going to bring up what he said/thought he may have said about her body

Since this year it is about alliances, I think she realized she didn't have any with at least three in the house, and since it didn't seem as though anyone was defending her, I think she realized she was alone in her "tell it like it is", honest (shouldn't be said), attitude.

And wow, Cat and Lawson probably just took themselves out of the winning spot (even if they really didn't do anything under the covers.)

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
What on Earth is Cat thinking? It could've just been some strategic move, having a controversial showmance to keep herself in the house, but either way I've lost a ton of respect for her. And even more respect for Lawson. Now his poor girlfriend has to put up with all the viewers wanting to know how she feels about this, bugging her on social media, etc. So not fair to her. That was just tacky and really inexcusable. And I don't get why Sandra should be talking about it since she has been just as guilty hanging with Sam. I don't see much "distance" being put between them.

The impression I got was that Lisa was upset by her own behavior in the hot tub. When someone countered David's opinion by asking about the appropriateness of Cat's actions, Lisa said "Boom, b****!" That got David angry and started the argument. They probably cut a lot out for time, because Leo seemed to think some unforgivable things were said back and forth. Glad they got over it, though.

Don't like these strategy meetings they're allowed to have this year. And if someone pulls you in and says "Let's form an alliance," how do you say no?

Another question: If you invited a guy to spend an evening enjoying a privilege that others would love to have, and in the course of the preparation for it he declares that something you've said is "a stupid thing to say" and a "dumb question" would you still want to spend your evening with him? I just still don't get the Lawson charm.

It's so hard to predict who's going since people are voting to save rather than to evict. But suddenly Travis and Lisa look a lot more appealing. Cat probably had a lot of votes going into this episode, so she may be safe this time. Next time she could be in big trouble.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Where has Jake been lately? Barely seen him at all, And heard him even less. He's a goner.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I posted some info on the BBAU 2013 thread on Tim & Ben's plan to film their upcoming visit to Graceland.