TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through October 01, 2014 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Dion is gone, nothing against him but if all he talks about is working out, yawn ... he's better off gone.

I don't really want anyone else to go, but I'd hate to lose Travis & Priya most, I guess.

Sonia is 49 and this is her first child, a girl, which is due in February. She did IVF with a friend's egg.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/sonia-kruger-pregnant-announces-baby-news-on-twitter/story-fnk826rj-1227034181751

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The "power plays" are getting a bit ridiculous, especially when BB pretty much tells them exactly who to choose.
When they did similar tasks on BBUK it was always with the intention of finding out strategic information about other housemates who may be a threat. Here it seems like its just a pre planned, scripted prank.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It was fairly obvious when nominations were announced that it would probably be Dion to go.
I thought maybe the female voters would save him, but if you look solely at screen time, he has far less than anyone else nominated. We barely see him on the show and even more rarely hear him talk.
With a vote to save and this early in the season, that's a death sentence.

Priya probably has a better chance of staying with it split into 2 days, than she would have had if they had both gone tonight.
Now the vote is only split 3 ways instead of 5.

I suspect it will be Katie tomorrow.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I wish Sonia a successful pregnancy, I thought it was an in vitro with her own egg (extracted years ago and kept frozen, just like Celin Dion did) but wow! An egg donor, that's something! However, considering the risks I think hosting a show like BB is quite demanding on her physical strengths and those high heels... Mmmm, I hope she gets plenty of rest. The baby girl is going to have two mammmas... nice!

Flagg, I agree those pranks are so staged and don't really help the power holder discover anything on strategy, they just end in a big laugh. ( I wonder if David still thinks he was given questions by the BB fans..)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Haha nice video package with Dion and all his cross-fit talk. That really drove the point home, and was probably more of Dion's voice in that 1 minute or so than we saw the entire season.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Interesting show today. So glad Cat was saved by a large percentage. I want her in the house. I'm sad that Lawson has a girlfriend, because he and Cat are a cute couple. Why are all these guys with girlfriends in the house? Makes for a boring BB.

When Lawson/Cat were talking @ the beginning of the show, Cat saw his footprint and said:

"Your feet are big. You know what they say....big shoes."

Lawson: "Well, you got to put socks on first."

What did he mean by that?

I so hope Katie goes tomorrow. Her constant splitting of her hair ends drives me crazy. Who did that on BB U.S.? Was it Gina? So annoying.

As far as a winner, I see Aisia going far if not winning. She's a nice gal playing a good game. I think Travis will be gone before he can affect her game negatively.

Great to see new posters here that are watching BB AU.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I serious doubt Aisha has any chance of winning as she's from New Zealand. I don't think the Australian public will vote for a Kiwi to win the final $$ over one of their own.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised that Cat had the most votes to stay?!

I'm surprised she has a fan base although obviously Cricket is one! It's not that I wanted her to go, but I really don't know her. I guess I'll have to pay attention!

Makes sense that Dion didn't get the votes but I really liked him the first week or so ...

I still don't like the Lisa / Skye thing ... Leave her alone, Lisa. Skye, stay away even if it means you're on your own.

Still hope Katie goes ... soon, like tomorrow1

I miss the kookaburro in the morning(sp?)

Mickiej

07-25-2004

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej a private message Print Post    
Flagg, thanks for the insight. So players should just be socializing and enjoying their time, which most seem to be doing...with a few exceptions. I enjoy the differences from BBUS, and will enjoy this being played out.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well, they can strategise as long as they aren't SEEN to be doing so. Its a fine line they have to walk. There have been alliances and group voting fairly often in the past, especially 2 seasons ago when the winner and his group of friends pretty much controlled the nominations through most of the season. But its done in secret and never talked about openly.
They also can't be seen as lazy or just there for a "holiday", as that is frowned on as well, but more so by the housemates. Thats always an easy nomination, the person who never helps out around the house.

Its definitely a far different beast than BBUS

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I think Cat's save may be at least partly due to Lisa in a weird way. If she hadn't gone after Cat over her comment about "stealing" the cans back, people might not have rallied to her defense. I think that played a big part only because Cat didn't get much airtime before that incident.

Judging by all the shouts for Priya, I'm guessing she's not in as much danger as Katie. When Travis was mentioned, the crowd cheered quite a lot, so much so that I thought he might've been the one saved. That was a really close vote, but Katie didn't seem to get much cheers that I can remember. Maybe the question is, who will Cat's and Dion's fans vote for now? Doubtful Cat's fans would vote for Katie. Dion's fans might vote for Travis.

I love that the girls saw the Travis/Aisha date as a clever strategic move, rather than just sweet or romantic. It reminded me of Ed's date with Jade last year, but without the fish pranks. Hey, it got Ed the bump he needed to stay that week. It might just work for Travis.

I could see Aisha going home sooner rather than later if she were nominated, just because she doesn't contribute much to the show. She mildly flirts with Travis, and occasionally complains about someone. So basically, she lifts right out, kind of like the female Dion.

Whoever the intruder is, they'd better have a great personality. If they just blend in they'll be out as soon as they're nominated.

I wonder how kind the editing is being to Skye. Several shows back I remember seeing a scene that made me think "Okay, this girl is crying way too easily and it's wearing thin." But since then I'd pretty much forgotten about it until the scenes in the past couple of shows. Most likely the girls took her outside because an issue came up during that game they were playing in the living room. While the scene felt a bit bullying at first glance, judging by their comments it sounded like they were confronting her on their feelings that she was constantly competing with them for the viewers' attention. And when she couldn't handle the criticism Lisa got annoyed about having to "baby" her.

Sandra and Cat both need to knock it off. Can't people go a few months without having to pair up with someone? You can tell by the comments about homewreckers and looking like a sleaze that the Tully/Drew story from last year has taught the housemates a lesson.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I overslept & missed most of the live show, so can't comment much. I was happy that Priya got 40% of the vote to save, but they told Travis he was safe which made it appear that he had the most votes. It was a tough call, I hated that 3 of the most out there people were up together, I'd rather Cat had gone instead.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
We have learned from BBUK that you can't really judge overall public attitudes by the live audience response.
I saw some people with signs for Priya so she obviously had a contingent in the audience but that may not reflect a large voter base.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I see this on both BBUK and BBAU, every time somebody is evicted because they are aggressive, argumentative, basically a b****, and are SHOWN it on the clips, they always pass it off as "I was being true to myself", "I was being myself", as if that makes it perfectly okay.

Its like its part of the Big Brother evictee script or something.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, Katie was not my favorite (I really don't have any this year) but there were others who I would have wanted gone before her. Cat, Ryan, etc.. but with the intruder coming in things could change quickly. Another hunk is joining the guys and Travis watch out, this intruder is going to be 'competition'.

I liked to see Prya getting that high percentage, she's one who could mist a lot of people in the house.... maybe not Lawson but the others, yes.

Why are they saying Sam or Sandra could win, I don't like them at all. I really have no one there I could cheer for the win... maybe the intruder, let's wait and see.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Unless he does something stupid or comes off as a real jerk, Sam has already won it.

Public vote BB + heroically overcome disability + good looking, fit guy = guaranteed win.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The only way anyone else has a chance is if they engineer an early exit for Sam.
Maybe if they could put him up against Skye and nobody else, and get him to bully her and make her cry 2 days before eviction.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Ding dong, the witch is gone....the wicked witch is gone....singing notes

Could Katie have played with her hair anymore?? Sheesh. Very interesting that they showed Pria talking about Lisa without Katie and how she would handle it. I've been wondering what will happen as well.

If Sam is the only HG that can win it will make for a boring BB this year. He's nice, but I would hope other HG's have a chance.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Since there is little to no strategy involved in this version of BB, to me, whoever wins it is pretty much immaterial.

I only care who stays and makes it entertaining to watch. Once it gets to the finale, I couldnt care less who actually wins.

So for that reason, Im glad its a vote to save and I hope they have a lot of people up each week so the boring ones are kicked out early.

Good start with Dion, not so great losing Katie.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
One strategy that works with a small group is bad mouthing someone. If the others in your little alliance chime in, then they all nominate the same person. Tim's group honed this strategy to perfection.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I remember it was a big deal who was going to win last year, the majority, me included, wanted Tim (who won) and Tahan second (but ended up third). It was a great finale show, compared to the boring one in the US, and just for that it's really worthwhile watching the finale, they do a great job to highlight the three finalists, how could they put on a sensational show like that (remember the lighting in the yard?? ) and Tim the winner cheered like he was a rock star, and Julie here putting us to sleep shoving Derrick to the side... and not even showing us giving the AF to Donny... The Aussie know how to do it and hopefully it will be an awesome finale as well, maybe not so great finalists but still it could be very entertaining if they go with the same pattern as last year.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
I actually liked Katie, so I was sorry to see her go. I would've rather seen her stay over Priya.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 1:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I don't see how Sam can be such a shoe-in for the win. Is he really entertaining at all? He seems a bit too serious. For that matter I don't know why Katie thought Sandra would be another contender. Is there a fun side to her that's not coming across on TV? Then again, Katie probably didn't have that great a read on the house and how they were coming across on TV.

Then again, it sounds like the editing has left a bit out. Like what caused Sandra to get over Sam so quickly (according to Katie)?

Wow, Skye really came off as a bit of a nightmare in that kitchen scene. This time she was definitely yelling at people. Out of control. I wonder how often this really goes on. And climbing into bed with Jake. Looks like she's no longer getting the kind edit.

It's a bit disappointing to see that the intruder is yet another self-assured body builder who dislikes a certain type of person. Like the house needed more of that. The only thing I noticed that will set him apart is his accent. It took a minute for me to realize he wasn't Australian.

Landslide305

08-15-2005

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landslide305 a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed to see Katie go. At least she made the show interesting by stirring up stuff in the house. I would much rather have had Travis go.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Canadian, eh? His accent is quite noticeable... well, I should know. I like him, he's not boasting about his physical state unless he starts telling the others how he lost so much weight and changed his life around to become a fitness guru. I thought at first he picked Aisha... then the public gasped and somehow Lisa was the one joining him in the sanctuary. I could tell there was absolutely no chemistry between these two but I did like the detached attitude by Lisa without going over the top about the other housemates. Imagine if Skye was there, she would have been all giggles...

No surprise David got all those points, I guess he could have kept his precious beard, shaving did not change the man as I thought. But clearly with this power in the hands of a selected alliance Lawson, Sam and Sandra you can see that these three people will be safe for a longtime or at least the power goes to their rivals.
What changed with Sam's power was giving so many points to Aisha and thus dropping Pryia from the nominated ones.

Double eviction next week as well, maybe David and Cat... but I would like Cat and Aisha gone.