TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 29, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through September 29, 2014 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, definitely she is a stirrer... however, I hope she sticks around for a while longer to make things a bit 'edgier' in the house.

But stirring is one thing, bossing around is another, she bossed poor Skye like she was three old child... that's a no no. She'll get in trouble with someone tougher than Skye... let's say Pryia... I'd love to see those two bang their horns... however, they may already know they're equally bossy and may not antagonize each other.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
CurlyQ, I had to watch that again because I was confused, too. It was Lisa (I get the two of them confused) who confronted Cat and I agree with Kellee that (paraphrasing) being told that not everyone is doing it is what probably annoyed her the most. I think the reason Priya got involved was to let the two "takers of the cans" know not to blame just two (Lawsen and Trev) and I think she told the group as they were drinking the soda that it wasn't really the right thing to do .... I could have misinterpreted the entire thing but I think that's why no one is pointing blaming fingers at Priya.

I don't understand the Cat/Skye/Katie thing. Did Skye say it was Katie? Why the heck did Cat HAVE to throw Skye under the bus? If I was Skye I'd be annoyed at both of them. I can't stand the tactic of telling someone to calm down, or lower your voice ....

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I thought Priya was part of that group that raised a toast with the recovered soda. That's why Skye was annoyed by the hypocrisy and nominated her for being a "dibber dobber."

I can't imagine what Katie was thinking when she went after Skye like that. She knows how easily the girl cries, and she'd already been told that Skye never named her. As Flagg pointed out, she said she was fine with leaving it alone as it was supposedly a misunderstanding. So I expected this to be a simple matter of telling Skye she misunderstood her comment. Instead she got all worked up about it. That just made her look guilty. I'm glad Cat spoke up, but wish she had pointed out how untrustworthy Katie was being by saying one thing to Cat and acting differently about it with Skye.

This could just be Katie's strategy of keeping attention on her, but she'd better be careful. Katie may not have the Tim effect, but Skye just might. Remember how everyone Tim had a fight with would go home?

What was ridiculous was when Katie told Lisa and the guys that Skye started yelling at her. Skye was agreeing with her, albeit loudly. If Katie had been listening she would've realized she was trying to apologize. But instead she played the victim to Lisa and the guys, as if Skye was yelling in anger. Travis was listening through the door, so he knows what really happened. And then she went to Sandra with it. Hilarious that she says she prefers being with the guys, since they talk about her behind her back. I wish they had shown the initial comment Katie made that led to all this.

Spunky, Katie vs. Priya would be one of those "get the popcorn" showdowns. It might not happen since they bonded during their time as a pair. Still, if it ever does, Priya would likely annihilate Katie.

Love that they're doing the dance marathon like in BBUS season 1. I always wished they'd do that one again on BBUS, so it's nice to see someone doing it. Plus I'll bet it's fun for them to get to hear music.

So Jade's crushing on Travis?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I don't get why they decided to cart out an old 24 hour task on this BB where there are no feeds or even periodic website updates about the house.

The entire point of these marathon tasks was to keep the housemates up and active on the feeds 24 hours a day. It kind of loses any impact when there are no feeds or house updates.

Pretty much every power given to Lawson and how he has handled them make me think even more that he is a planted actor to stir things up. going over on the food by $500 and leaving all of the meat and other important things at the end? Obviously that was done deliberately.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
Just watched the show for Friday and I don't think Aisha's doing herself any favors by buddying up with Katie and Lisa. And so it seems the tide may be turning on the sweetheart of the show. I hope not.

I don't think Katie or Travis will like anyone in power. I didn't like that Lawson seemed to want to embarrass David with the chat, but didn't he hear the cheers for David without his beard? I think he's a nice looking guy so I'm not sure what the joke was? I agree with Sandra, the public probably saved David and not her. Maybe she'll think about that the next time she doesn't want to play a game worth $30,000.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Tim was right to select Lawson as Head of the House wondering what he'd do with the power but knowing Lawson would make a few enemies... (Tim the stirrer got another one right)..

If doors left ajar are a way to find out about the truth good for those who eavesdrop on conversations, some lies but also some truths are exposed... can't feel sorry for those who are not a bit more careful, they should know by now that those doors are not to be trusted...

I feel for the 2 poodles, they get confused with a bunch of people screaming and running and dancing, the scene with David trying to get the dogs out was cute...

I still get tired of the strong contrasts of blue and white and I had to go back to 2013 to see again the relaxing décor of the living room, that one was my kind of style and got to see Mr. Clooney again...

Curly... can't wait to see a showdown.. I mean Catie and Pryia. I noticed though that Pryia does it intelligently while Catie does it 'bossy', so Pryia gets my vote so far...

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I think "stealing" was a poor choice of words. "Hiding" would've been better.

Curlyq, I feel they did 'steal' it; they took it away from the kitchen so no one else could have it. The worst part, however, was how they acted when caught. They projected their wrongdoing onto Cat & Skye. It truly showed their characters, or lack thereof. Great point you made about those having a fight with Tim would go home. Hope that works for Skye this year, hah, hah.

Katie & Lisa = Unholy Alliance.

So glad most of the house is on to them, especially Katie. Also glad that Jake talked to Skye about Katie and how she will kiss up to the guys, but try to destroy the women. Katy is much too aggressive and I so hope AU does not save her this week. Even Travis is on to Katie and not so close with her anymore. He told Skye to stand up to her, so Miss Katie is not long for that house.

I don't understand why Lisa didn't get nommed as well.

Gibralter, I wonder if Aisa is trying to keep herself out of Katie's firing line. I agree with you about Katie and Travis not being happy with anyone in power. They think it's all about them all the time.

Lawson is one smart cookie. I wouldn't doubt if he didn't mess up the shopping budget on purpose just to get the desired effect from Katie. He's telling people how upset she is with him about the food. This coming from a gal who left the HG's without food at all. So hope someone tells her she has $8,000 to buy whatever she wants this week.

I would LOVE to see a showdown between Katie & Priya. Katie would lose big time.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Gosh, I'd already forgotten about Katie costing them all that food. Yeah, she really shouldn't complain. However, I don't understand what Lawson was doing. He certainly seemed to be sabotaging the food budget on purpose. From what he said, it sounded like he was well aware some thought he was on a power trip. Was this his revenge? And why did he tell them he overspent by much more than he actually did? Most of them took it pretty well.

It was nice to see them all dancing together in the conga line. Cute idea. Amazing that they all fit in there.

It was so bizarre hearing Katie talk about who's being genuine. Given that Skye has no filter, there will probably be a lot more complaints like Aisha's before it's all over.

It's too bad there aren't live feeds or more video clips available. We haven't seen enough evidence of Lawson's power trip to know if it's a valid issue. It would also help us see what groups are developing. Was there anything more to Jake and Lisa's showmance, or did he back off when she got closer to Katie?

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 2:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/pull-the-big-brother-repeat-expert/story-e6frfku9-1227068954905

Article about Gemma's eviction from news.com.au

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I couldn't figure out what Lawson was doing, either. This may be the year of BB's worst strategies--Gemma and Lawson and Katie, for instance.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I like Lawson (except regarding David) but after reading these comments, could this be his strategy? I can hear the fallout when someone runs back to tell Katie about Lawson ... Don't talk about me behind my back, have respect, blah, blah, blah. Lawson: you were talking about me ... and a well deserved laugh at her.

I miss the Saturday games.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I thought it when he first opened his mouth; Travis is Ed in a different body. Of course Jade is crushing on him!

Finally catching up watching the episodes. I can't for the life of me see how Gemma thought her strategy would work. Jake is Tim's roommate, right? So you think Lawson is a plant. Hmmm. Priya is one cold cookie, IMO. I'm thinking Aisha and Ryan will be there a long time.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Lawson told them the correct amount, though it may have been mis-stated or misunderstood as the amount he was over rather than the full amount.

They had $50 per person or $750. He went over by 500 plus odd dollars. I dont remember the exact figure he told them but it was like $1262 or something.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Where or where is $50 @ person per week considered a "luxury" budget? Especially in Australia where many food prices are higher than here in the US.

BTW, at current exchange rates, AU$50 is equivalent to $43.86 (US dollars).

Florin

08-27-2006

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize BB AUZ had started so I spent almost all of Friday catching up. It was hard because I have also become addicted to Utopia.

After watching all the videos I really do want Skye and Pryia gone. Skye bugs me with all the crying and I don't like Pryia attitude.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh I hate it when it gets so 'sugary', it's never true and it always sound so fake to me, all those praises about the others just because they're addressing each other as a group, see what happens when they're in twos or threes, they don't praise, ever, they only have negative comments... "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth" (by Oscar Wilde) and I believe it. What I think Big Brother should do is to call them one by one in the DR and give their comments and then when they're all gathered in the living room have the speakers on and the voice altered so they can't recognize it but hear the comments, and I bet you they won't be hearing any praise... LOL

But clearly it was a Sandra show this last one and she's not my favorite, actually I don't have a favorite this year, that's sad. I so wanted a repeat of last year... oh well.

I feel the women are ganging up on poor Skye even though they hug and seemingly leave on good terms they make her feel miserable for some reasons. These people don't understand that Skye could be a favorite with the public and David criticism of her in front of the group made me cringe... Oh David, you're losing your diplomacy again...

Sam taking Ryan to the sanctuary was strategic and Sandra should have realized that without so much fuss... geesh..

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
It did seem like the three women were ganging up on Skye. Lisa, Don't tell Skye you like her hair or her dress. Doesn't seem too difficult.

I wasn't a big fan of Sandra but after this episode, I think I really dislike her. She has a crush on a guy who's taken ... keep it to yourself. Gee whiz, it's not junior high. Get some sunshine.

Can't wait for tomorrow's show! I hope it's Katie to go!

Piper45840

03-02-2006

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Piper45840 a private message Print Post    
This is my first year watching BBAU. I'm hooked! After watching the latest episode I'd love to know if Sam's girlfriend is known and what are her thoughts about Sandra...it's kind of like Christine/Cody but on a whole different level.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Florin -

Don't count on Skye going any time soon. She's probably the favorite to win. Easily the most popular housemate.

Mickiej

07-25-2004

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej a private message Print Post    
Never watched BBAU before, but have caught up on all the episodes and find it interesting. It sounds like previous years were done so much better, but it's funny to see the differences...in the way they think, their actions, and the whole BB production.

I think it would be sad if Skye wins, mainly because she doesn't seem to a player, she just wants to be liked and party. IMO. I liked some of the women, but they've all gone off the boat in this last week, so it may be a guy who wins.

Anyhow, it will be entertaining to watch.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Mickiej - "game players" usually do not win BBAU. At least not the ones that are obvious about it.

Being said to be "playing the game" is probably the worst insult on BBAU.

Its a public vote BB and against the rules to discuss nominations or who you think will be evicted. This has bred an atmosphere where playing with any kind of "strategy" is seen as a negative thing.
Everybody claims they are there for "the experience" and are not there for the money. Its a lie of course, but they all seem to try to uphold that image.

You pretty much have to throw away any preconceptions you may have from BBUS to really enjoy and understand BBAU.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Kat saved by the public and Dion was evicted!

That's a surprise!

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Kat gets 30% of the save vote. Dion only 16%. The other three received 19%, 18% and 17% so tomorrow's evictee is a toss up.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Oops! She spells it Cat not Kat.

Cat saved / Dion gone!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I expected either Dion or Cat but very surprised that Cat got that high vote to save. I understand there is another eviction to watch tomorrow morning? And they're all very close in percentage, but why? it's like a double eviction, and they're already replacing one with an intruder so soon.
However, I'd like to see Katie, Travis and Pryia still there but one of them will be gone. Too bad, there are others in there who should have gone before any of those three (like Ryan, it was only shown with Sam in the sanctuary and then nothing).
Sam and Sandra playing a joke on Travis, these jokes are not working, usually the victim ends up looking cuter than the intended pun aimed at.

Sonia looked good and I'm sure she's at least 5 months pregnant, she'll be big by the time BB ends.