TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through September 21, 2014 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
HoH pair also get the "nominations superpower" of 10 points instead of 5 for nominations. They can also spread it over as many pairs as they wish instead of just 2.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think out of the four nominationed pairs up for evictionthe results of which housemate will be chosen to stay is predictable so the only one I would really like to see get the least votes is Travis and Cat. then we could see if people voted strategy to get out the guy who seems to think he will win or vote out the girl instead. other question would be do they have to agree as a pair which one stays.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
...and their nominations result in absolutely no difference to the outcome this week. The pairs that are up for eviction are the ONLY pairs to get any nominations.

4 pairs are up...

Jake/Gemma 17
Sandra/Dave 15
Skye/Lisa 07
Travis/Kat 06

I don't think the house knows only one will go. BB told them "One pair has less then one week left in the Big Brother house"

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the power couple nominations didn't change a thing, just gave the same couples nominated more points.

I thought nominations were a bigger deal last year with Sonia keeping track during the live show. Or maybe I don't remember correctly, but I liked them all together and called in the booth to nominate. I see nominations are always for 'personal' reasons, Skye was the only one who mentioned 'strategic' (how funny was that), but mostly for personal reasons.

I feel the public would keep Gemma and find David more obnoxious. So the housemates would get rid of David. (If this happens Gemma would be relieved because she was saying David and Sandra would be the target by the public).

Did you understand what Big Brother said to Skye and Lisa (after their nominations) .... "or you will be nominated by Big Brother" what was his beef with them?

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
It has been in the past that if Big Brother feels they are not giving their all to the nominations or looking for an easy way out with a wishy washy one he will give them a nomination point himself.

I think the thing is this year with their being two having to nominate together they couldn't do the real live show thing, it was taking too long. They announced the results at what 11 PM.

I am hating that there is no live information this year which makes it feel even more controlled and edited than ever before.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I imagine that with the pairs and having to give them time to discuss their plans, it would just take too long to do the live nominations room deal.

I am glad they don't , I always thought that glass room nominations with everyone sitting there while people cover their mouths to nominate was a bit overblown and needlessly dramatic.

You will notice that they didn't show most of them discussing their picks.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They might bring the live nominations back when the pairs are split up or only a few of them are left.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I think David may be going with this eviction but he may turn out to be like Xavier (he reminds me of him) and continue his 15 minutes of fame on Twitter. Maybe I missed certain conversations, but he didn't seem to be such a bad HM. If they're still holding the eavesdropping against him, they should hold it against all the guys who listened and didn't defend. I think it was determined that Travis said "saggy".

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It would be interesting to see what the public will do with the choice of pair to evict. This last show was all about David and Sandra, nothing of Jemma and Jake or the other nominated couples.
David made an effort to present his opinion to all at dinner but some still resent him and if the houseguests evict then he will go.

Sandra feels bad thinking she's going down as well but they'll know soon enough that only one hm will be evicted.

I've been watching 10 episodes so far and still there is no one there who has the same charisma of some of last year's housemates. No one really stands out for me.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Sandra feels bad about possibly going but yet she keeps throwing David under buses over and over again. She is very self centred, for me both her and Lisa could just take a lesson from Aisha and Lawson in working together. Both have multiple times criticized their partner to others, made sure others know when it comes down to time where they are no longer pairs their loyalty will not lie there.

Travis as well niggles at me, oh I will not change my personality for you but you should alter everything about yourself to fit in. He thinks the sun shines out of his every orifice. I am hoping that he and Cat are the ones up and they vote tactically and get him out of there. Would love to see a pretty boy leave first

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
This year I don't see the kind of pretty boy types like they had last year. They're young and fit, but not heartthrob material. Judging by the comments at the Youtube video I was watching, Travis is annoying a lot of viewers.

It will be interesting to see if the housemates vote out the one that can't get along, or vote strategically for the biggest threat to win. It will also be interesting to see if the houseguests change their behavior at all once they realize they have to gain favor with not only the home viewers but also their fellow housemates. Last year's winner would've been gone early if they'd used these rules.

Speaking of Tim, does Katie think she and her friends have the Tim effect? Maybe I just misunderstood, but she seemed to be suggesting that the viewers wouldn't vote to save the people that Katie's little clique didn't like.

With this episode's focus being almost completely on David and Sandra, I was wondering if they were trying to get them more votes.

Frankly, I'm beginning to think Sandra should go before David after the way she copped out of the $30,000 competition. Aisha was only wearing a bikini and a robe and she wasn't complaining about the cold. I can see why Gemma was turned off a few days back about Sandra complaining she wasn't having fun. Is Sandra going to bail every time the going gets tough? What did she think she was signing up for? If I were one of the eliminated houseguests, I would've seen red at that point.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I too would keep David, if he's the controversial one and gets the house stirred we could see some interesting interactions, otherwise it's going to be the magician show and nothing else.

Gemma too can be more interesting to watch than Cat for example.

I wonder if the magician was picked to play in this BB to get away with or reduce their challenges or tasks BB usually gave them last year.

I know it was just the 11th daily show episode and not much happening and I guess there is no show for tomorrow, I can't remember which day there is no show, Friday or Saturday.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
There is no show on Saturday, the one we would see in the US on Saturday morning.

I really hope the stupid power play thing has not replaced their normal weekly shopping tasks.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Okay so where has Lawson obtained all of these props? Do they let everyone else bring in all of the materials needed for their hobbies?

I could see letting him bring in a deck of cards but he seems to have a whole set of all of the cheesy magician's trick props.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Surprise surprise, Lawson turns out to also be an actor. Looks like a plant to liven up a boring cast.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
As usual, a complete waste of an episode on a Friday.

What happened to the second semi-final match-up?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Like many of you, no one is standing out for me this season. I do like Cat a lot, so was sad to see her nommed. Also might want Skye to stay around longer if she settles down. Lisa seems constantly annoyed by her and kind of just blows her off a lot.

Big Brother is playing with them this season by offering money (which they took) and then giving them the 'power' to change pairs (which they did.) For the week long comp they are doing, it's not brawn that counts and the new couples are double whammied because they are new to each other. I don't like this kind of BB. Shame on AU for following the UK...bad move.

I did like the games; want to see who is competitive and who is a good sport, etc. It would also be telling who they would save if they won the right to save someone up for eviction if the won the games like they used to.

Nope...none of that. It's all about the 'Power' and dinner discussions this year. Yawn.

Did anyone understand what Sam (?)...tall girl, was trying to do in today's episode by annoying people so she could stir things? She said something about doing it so her partner would be safe? I didn't quite get it.

Curlyq stated:
Speaking of Tim, does Katie think she and her friends have the Tim effect? Maybe I just misunderstood, but she seemed to be suggesting that the viewers wouldn't vote to save the people that Katie's little clique didn't like.

I don't like Katie..still mad she was able to buy immunity this week. She goes around stirring things up and doing exactly what she accuses others of. Very sneaky gal.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Sam is 1-legged guy, tall girl is Gemma.

Apparently she thinks that the public will keep her and her partner in the house if she is "controversial" and stirs up trouble a lot. She said she doesn't care if the people in the house don't like her, all that matters is if the public likes her.

She is in for a surprise come Sunday night.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Cricket that was Gemma, I think they are both under the impression that the public vote is all that matters. In the past they have kept in some of the pot stirrers (they keep encouraging people to vote for the house they want to watch not the one they want to live in).

I agree Katie is a sneaky one who seems to have a very high opinion of herself.

Lawson is burning through his magic stuff awfully fast if he lasts a while what else is he going to do.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Did I read that one of the HG's is Tim's roommate?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cinnabarry, Jake the fellow with the glasses is Tim's roommate. Tim says he's not rooting for him so far though.

Tim is supposed to go into the house Sunday night to shake up the house.

This season feels disjointed and sluggish, I'm getting disappointed but won't give up.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
My take on the season....what all of you said. It feels like it is going to be a long one.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Sam is 1-legged guy, tall girl is Gemma.

Thanks, Flagg. I just can't keep their names straight. Also, thanks to you and Kellee for explaining what Gemma is trying to do.

If the public voted for her and Jake, I do think she will go; however, I'm not sure if she is going the be the person the public saves a lot just because she's the target of the house. It seems to happen every year. Guess we'll have to wait and see if she is the one who will be saved for awhile this year.

I could see Dave going first if he and his partner have the lowest votes from the public.

I just can't keep the names straight this year. I keep looking @ the top of the page to see who they are but we don't have a banner. I wish they would keep putting their names on the screen like they did the first few days. I need to write them down w/a description of each until I get it. They are just so nondescript this year I guess their names aren't registering in my brain.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean, Cricket. I think I have most of their names down now, but I realized I made a mistake earlier. There is one pretty boy in the house (Dion), but I just completely forgot he was there. He really hasn't made an impression yet, but once I was reminded that he existed I did commit his name to memory.

I won't post spoilers, but from what I just read it sounds like it's worth hanging on a bit longer with this show.

My favorite part of the last episode was when Priya taught the boys that phrase in Hindi and they all started shouting it back at her and had her laughing.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well its been broadcast so no longer a spoiler.

The Tim fans here will probably like today's episode.

He's supposed to live with them, I wonder for how long? And how fair is it to have him pick the first solo HoH when his roommate is there?