TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 15, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through September 15, 2014 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Do you know if there was Episode 6, I'm getting confused (was Episode 5 their Friday daily?) and so we don't have Episode 6 yet because it was Saturday there and no show?
Just can't find episode 6 so it means it's the Saturday one, they have no show, as Will explained.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
There's no Episode 6 yet, Spunky. No show on Friday, I guess?

What happened to the games...any games. Used to be Friday night games; last year just games and now what? Does this 'appointing' power people take the place of the games, which were hilarious and entertaining. What the heck is going on?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Episode 1 was Monday through to Episode 5 on Friday.

No show Saturday.

The Sunday show, Episode 6, should air for us tomorrow morning. It's an hour long (minus adverts).

I haven't seen any games shows announced.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I am glad to see no sign of the "games". They were bad enough when they had a budget, last year's "games" were pitiful.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the games, especially when they affected the nominations. We've yet to see these people do any competitions, and it would be nice to see how they handle it.

Willwillbee, Skye's attitude about the money is why I was surprised she wanted to keep it for herself. She was so vocal that the two shouldn't feel guilty about it or spend it buying food that I would think she'd just say "No thanks. That's your money. I'm fine with the shakes."

Jbw

08-14-2006

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
BBAU schedule for the first two weeks:

http://members.ii.net/~mayo/BBAU_schedule.jpg

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the schedule, Jbw.

I came across this article when reading the Behind Big Brother Forums.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/09/big-brother-sunday.html

It talks about the Sunday show, which we will see in the morning. It will show a dinner, which often saw a lot of fights last year. Does that mean BB will feed the HG's or will the gals with the money have to pay again? Hmmm.

I also read there that the Sun, Mon & Tues shows will be 90 min. and there's talk of swapping the partners and also bringing two new people in.

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but if so, it seems too early for that. Still no mention of any games. They are calling the Power HOH now. I cannot stand that term. HOH is what ruins the U.S. BB. Too much power ruins any show.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Flagg they said it was $100 per serving so they could have split it further. It seems BB was very generous that one time.

I am getting a distinct bbus feel this year so far and not too fond of that.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Feels more like this past season of BBUK with the power housemate, etc. BBUK kind of borrowed that from BBUS but its still distinctly different than the BBUS HoH. Of course it has to be since they don't do the voting.

Its mo e about causing drama in the house than any control over the actual game.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 1:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I read the power HMs would also be in charge of shopping & not being allowed to write down the needs, they have to remember what everyone wanted. If it's like past year's, shopping is also a timed event. Since they are on shakes, there is no shopping this week. I wonder if they are still doing the assigned jobs as well, so far no cow to be milked daily.

Curlyq, I believe that Skye's attitude about the money was due to that when/if she has a chance to get/take $10,000 that there would already be a precedent set that sharing wasn't considered.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Dave is definitely not making any friends with the girls this episode.

Not much else happened. I thought there would be more flak about the immunity that Katie/Priya bought for themselves.

It wasn't quite fair that the new HoH pair got to use the "power room" to discuss strategy with another pair yet the first HoH pair never got to use it.

Too much about Lisa this episode. I guess nothing else was going on.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well the money power was over and they lost half of the money between food and immunity, but they still made at least 5k each. I don't know if Priya didn't care to leave, if nominated, as long as she had some money. Strange thinking, but in the end she too accepted the immunity.

Seems that some 'couple swinging' will be necessary because obviously some partners feel more comfortable with other partners. Who knows what BB has in store for them.

The new power couple gets a nice 'hotel' in the house and Jason in bed with the guy who is so straight! LOL

Did you understand what was Jake said about Lisa that she got very upset?

The dinner always ends in some mischief with so many people and so many of them so promiscuous, in the end Skye may be taken advantage if she shows that she's so easy, both with girls and guys.

Still, there is something I miss from the innocence of last year's (Tim and Ben show).

Sonia was at the beginning of the episode, why if it wasn't a live show... is there another part of this episode that I missed? Like, were the nominations done? Maybe tonight, meaning tomorrow morning. Getting confused.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
Hi Spunky,
Glad to see you enjoy BBAU too! I believe Lisa overheard David say her boobs were saggy. I strain a bit with the accents. BBUK's are more difficult for me to understand, but I so enjoy all of these "social experiments" so much, that the extra effort is worth it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
One of the guys with lighter brown hair said Lisa's boobs were "a bit low" then David said they were "kind of saggy." I still don't know which guy is which to name the light brown haired guy.

How clueless is Priya, not knowing they would have been nominated? Even if it wasn't because they were disliked (and some of them do seem to dislike Katie) it would still be a perfect excuse to nominate if people were nervous about nominating. I think because Priya is older (or acts older) than the others they don't seem to blame her for the food situation as much as Katie. I think when it comes to nominations they'll be nominating her (or would have been, if she wasn't immune) because they "don't know her as well as the others."

That special area for the HOH... seems like BB is hoping for some hook ups there! Shame for BB that no one seems interested in their partner yet.

No idea why Sonia was there at the beginning! She was bored maybe? ;)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think Katie and Priya didn't get flak for taking the immunity because everyone realised they'd have to be idiots not to take it.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think if Priya didn't have a partner to account for, she wouldn't have bought the immunity & just gone home with a little money in her pocket. Just because they got one week immunity, doesn't stop them from being an easy target next week.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
At least they bought themselves an extra week to get in good standing with their housemates. Meanwhile some other pair may do something to put a target on themselves so they forget about Priya and Katie.

I HATE that they're letting them strategize. The whole reason I watch this version is because there was no collusion allowed. BOOOOO!

At least the vote is still up to the public. When did they vote on the new HOH pair? I remember a poll at their website asking who we thought was the weakest pair. Was that it? Or was it a phone vote for Australians only?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They have allowed them to strategize in limited ways like this for quite a few seasons now. They had the Friday Night live winner and their partner in the rewards room able to discuss nominations since like 2007. Then they had the one room where strategy talk was allowed for 15 mins at a time with 1 other person and various other ways.

The "power play" today is not really fair. They have had no competitions or tasks and the HoH pair is supposed to know who is the most powerful couple to split up?

As for the HoH vote, I think it said on the show that there was a vote either in an app or on the website. Maybe it was mentioned more on commercials that were cut out of the versions we all watch.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Dave has really made some female enemies in the house. Just look at their faces while he is talking during their dinner on tonight's episode.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It starts to get confusing all this 'pair switching' and the 30 k to be won?? Did you understand who could be winning the 30K?
I don't know if I'm in a hurry to watch the episode but I keep getting more and more confused, the episode ended with the couples standing on the round platform, 2 of them were switched by the power couple and then what??? Sonia said stay tuned...
So much ado about nothing, at least on this episode.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Any of the pairs can win the 30K.

the swap today was supposed to allow them to split up their biggest rival pair to make it easier for the HoH pair to win.

They didn't make a very good swap. They split up Travis and Ryan but then put Ryan with Sam. I guess they think Sam is weak but he is an athlete and I don't think he is a weak competitor even with the missing leg.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"Perfect Pair Task" - pairs compete against each other in knock out heats until one pair remains, that pair will win $30K.

Jason & Dion's power play is to swap (partners between) two pairs. BB encourages them to do it tactically to split up threats and make weaker pairs. The swap will be permanent. Priya & Katie are immune and can't be swapped, Jason & Dion can't be swapped.

The viewer vote thought Travis & Ryan were the strongest team. Jason & Dion split Travis & Ryan and Cat & Sam. Travis & Cat are now a couple and Sam & Ryan are now a couple.

I agree, Sam & Ryan are pretty strong and Cat doesn't seem weak.

Pairs nominate as pairs and can only nominate pairs. They face eviction as pairs (viewer vote to save a PAIR) but only one member of the pair goes home, and the other hms decide face to face which one it is!!! Also two new housemates tomorrow!

Lisa went down in my estimation over the boob saga. Yes, he did her wrong and she's hurt but you have to put it in perspective. He's apologised, he seems to mean it, move on girl!

Weird that "woggier" is an acceptable word for the description of a person. I looked it up in case it mean something other than what I thought but that is what it means, kind of more darker, Italian/Greek complexion.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I don't think they did themselves a favor with the swap at all. As you said, Flagg, who is to know that Sam isn't better than Travis might have been? You could see in his face he felt insulted.

The guys in power brought in Travis/Ryan to help them decide who they would nom if given the choice the other day. They were close pals in the game and now that may have been destroyed (which is BB's intent.)

Again, the Power HG's will do anything to win money, even ruin their place in the house. This was a dumb move just like last week. BB is manipulating the HG's so easily, it's boring.

One interesting thing is the new couple of Travis/? (Can't remember her name right now..Zoe?) She's very pretty and is a midwife. When Ashia (sp?) said she liked Travis, this gal said she could go for him as well and now he's her partner. Could get lively between the two gals.

Lisa = Tully...overly dramatic and won't let things go at all. I thought I read they may be friends in real life. Geez, is this something they learn from each other or do the drama queens just float towards each other in real life, heh, heh.

Sonja stated that only one of the pair would be evicted. That pair would be chosen by the Au public; however, the one person evicted of the pair would be chosen face to face by the HG's. Noooo! Once again the power to evict is being taken away from the public.

The HG's don't see these people the same way the public does, so someone the public loves could be evicted by the HG's. Why is a once wonderful show changing for the bad?

Everything in this year's show is about money, which is ruining what I used love best about the Au HG's. They just had fun and weren't so cutthroat but BB is changing that; hence taking away the fun. The HG's aren't playing the game long term, but rather on a weekly basis for money.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I hope that they have Sam/Ryan vs Jason/Dion in the first heat and its a swimming competition of some kind.

Or anything requiring upper body strength.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh that's awful if the public votes for a pair to be evicted but only one housemate goes and the deciding vote to evict is left to the housemates (which one, the power pair? or all of them vote?
Let's say Katie and Priya were nominated (good thing they have immunity), the houseguests perceived Katie to be the greedy one (wrong) and so Katie would be evicted and not Priya.
Imagine that!!

So, did they say what kind of challenge? Sonia was saying the last pair standing would win the 30 k. Is that like an endurance challenge? When I saw Sonia (what a nice gown for an expecting mother) and the Live Show I thought okay, we're going to see the nominations, instead it was all this juggling around and still don't know what kind of challenge and if that's going to be Live or not. They sure keep you guessing...