TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Summer Season - August 2014: Archive through September 12, 2014 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Gary made it to the final, and I'd like him to win, but I'm glad he won't have to put up with the likes of Dee and Gary after tomorrow.

1. Gary or Audley
4,5,6. I don't care

(Prediction: Gary's album will make the charts.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it will be

1. George - shown himself to be a normal guy, warts and all
2. Gary - has fans who will vote enthusiastically for him
3. James - gets the "good housemate" vote even though he's not liked
4. Audley - no idea why he's popular, he seems to be transparently playing to the camera to me
5. Dee - I still like her but she's lost a lot of support and she'll probably be miserable over Ricci going on tomorrow's show
6. Edele - tonight's show was the final nail in her coffin.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I wonder if either Lauren or what's his name knows why they were evicted ... nah, don't think it was the showmance.

IMO Dee's distain at Gary's SO letter sorta reneged on her apology (now I'm wondering if it was really for the camera). And Edele's over emotional reaction to loudness is her hobby, got lost on me until she apologized to Gary ....

It seems like the Gary Show but I think the way others have reacted to Gary is how I seem to be forming my opinion about them.

Audley to win! He may not like what Gary has said or done, but he has enough patience and tolerance to be able to live with other people regardless of annoyances. And I'm sure we can all be annoying (maybe not as annoying as Gary) at times! Audley to win!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Ricci and Lauren went in tonight's double eviction. They both went @ the same time. I don't remember that ever happening before.

It is the Gary show, which has ruined this season for me. I feel like Gary is 'playing dumb' or 'playing he can't hear' and then getting in arguments with the normal people who are popular with the public and he gets them so shook up they aren't liked by the public anymore.

Yesterday it was Dee; tonight it was Edele. Why is it these two women can get along with everyone in the house and yet with Gary, it's an argument?

The only way to handle someone like Gary is to completely ignore him until he gets the hint that if he wants to be around people, he must conform to being reasonable and not picking fights all the time.

The first time the audience saved him and the weekly cheering for him has made him that much worse in the house.

I do NOT want him to win. He is rude, crude and socially unacceptable and he is doing some of it on purpose. He should not be rewarded for that.

Tonight he seemed to get mixed reviews, so I really thought he might go. Sadly, he did not.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see how he acts when Emma interviews him. Will he put his hand up to her and tell her he's not finished with what he was saying? He has his act down pat. Start an argument, not let the other person speak at all because he's not finished, then when he's finished he just turns or walks away and he won. Those who have seen him in other shows know his MO. He really spoiled this version of CBB for me.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Gary is way ahead in the UK polls, but Ashleigh was way ahead until the last minute, so who knows?

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
"Yesterday it was Dee; tonight it was Edele. Why is it these two women can get along with everyone in the house and yet with Gary, it's an argument?"

He is the "attack at will zone" Dee 100% started her argument with Gary. Edele pushed until it became an argument with her acting a fool in the garden with George. People actually spoke up with Gary until she turned on the waterworks, then turned on Gary for being Rude... the rest of them can be rude, condesending, backstabbing, and strip away Gary's dignity and respect without a word of judgment. {Gary has been in the wrong at times, but not every single time.}

Dee going so far as to attack his family over a letter is a fine statement of her character. The cast has made it the Gary show.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I cannot believe many in this house are still bullying Gary. And I say bullying bc most of them have jumped on the same bandwagon, which is taking most everything Gary says and does, saying it's wrong, twisting what was said or done into something it was not, shouting in his face, talking over him, maligning, belittling, condescending, patronizing, mocking him and so on. Even when Gary corrects something, tries do adust what he's doing, they say the same type of things. No matter what he does or says, to those people, he is wrong, regardless. This is an aspect of bullying.

Gary had an urgent medical issue and needed to adjust his knee brace, his back was to everyone, he wasn't parading around nude, but the HMs, particularly George and Dee, fabricated a scenario which never happened. Was anyone outraged when Frenchy took her top off? Nudity happens in the BB house, but this instance wasn't parading about. It was horrible that none of those people listened to anything Gary said, they'd rather try to make him look like someone he's not, to justify their bad behavior. James and Dee in particular seem to think Gary thinks he is above them and that is their justification for their bad behavior, but there is no truth in that at all.

When you meet someone, especially someone who has a disability, you get to know that person, you see how they feel, what their personal needs are, what they mean when they say things, why they act the way they do, but when you tell someone they are doing something wrong based on your perception, or likely your insecurity, you are bullying them. And when a lot of people are doing the same thing, that doesn't mean the person being talked about is doing anything wrong, it means the sheep are jumping on the bandwagon, rather than nipping it in the bud and stopping it. From what I have seen, the only people in this house who have stepped up for Gary was Audley and Frenchy. I am, though, glad Lauren said something outside of the house, particularly about James, who, I believe, started this.

Gary cannot hear well. And being hard of hearing means when he says stop talking, he means he cannot hear. It may seem abrupt, but if people knew him, payed attention to who he was and his intention, then they'd see his frustration at not being able to understand them, particularly when Gary enjoys having conversations. Three lousy weeks and the majority of the house cannot even be truly kind and considerate, and I say truly, bc talking crap about someone who cannot hear, is not being kind and considerate, it is bullying; getting others involved in disliking someone bc you yourself cannot deal with their issues is part of that.

When asked, the HMs don't seem to be able to tell anyone what Gary has done. Dee did lie, she did invent what Gary said about James and Gary had every right to address it with her. Dee was physically standing in Gary's way, she refused to move and Gary had every right to tell her to move. Edele and George were talking loud, Dee and James asked them to pipe down, but when Gary said something, Edele was outraged and lashed out at Gary; these are the type of things that have been ongoing from the start. The HMs have no right to lecture Gary on how he should behave, he has a right to be his own true self, regardless.

I'm so glad this show is almost over, it's not even entertainment, it's become hoping Gary is not as affected by the bullying as many viewers think he is, or would or could be. But I do believe the letter from Gary's wife gave him a pep in his step, which is a good thing. I hope Gary or Audley win, but if it's someone else, I won't be surprised, I won't be happy, but not surprised.

Gary's wife has been tweeting from Gary's twitter account:

twitter.com/THEGaryBusey

I also found Audley's twitter, I'm guessing his wife is tweeting on his:

twitter.com/audley_Harrison

ETA: I agree about Dee and the letter, it goes to show her apology was fake, it made me think BB had said something to her.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I so agree with many comments above. The first person out (don't remember his name) seemed to think that having to repeat himself three times was the worst thing a person could have done to him ... and the others have said, Gary is rude. Gee whiz, rude?? What they've said to him and about him would have to be categorized as cruel.

Thanks for the twitter links .... Gary's wife had suggested that a task could have been for the others in the house to wear ear plugs to see what it's like to be hard of hearing. I don't think it would have helped this crew but I guess I'm being cynical.

And I agree, Edele pushed for an argument ... she went down a notch in my book.

Loved, loved, loved that Audley was voted the best looking!! I had to laugh at Ricci's pout (I think James thought he was gonna win that one).

So, we'll see what happens tomorrow. I hope it's either Audley or Gary to win!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I hope it's Audley or Gary, too. Dee's comments about Gary's wife really crossed a line, and on their last night, George is giving Gary a hard time. Except for Audley, they'll be bullying him to the last minute, and probably on BOTS and the wrap party, and then in the media. They have no mercy and no grace.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 3:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Stormie, when someone (especially one with hygiene issues) puts there bare bottom & genitals on a chair in the kitchen area, I would be concerned. He could have asked someone to bring him a towel to cover himself or pull up his pant legs or go to another room.

They didn't have hardly any tasks in this CBB. I'm glad it's over, don't care who wins.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Dee 100% started her argument with Gary.

Mama, how do you figure Dee started the argument? I was referring to the argument where Gary told Dee something James said. Not long after, Gary goes after Dee for saying what James actually said. When Dee said she didn't say it, she was correct; but Gary browbeat her until she ended up in the DR crying.

His crazy is literally driving others in the house crazy. Being nice to him doesn't work. He should be in this environment.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Oh they had tasks BB just decided not to show them in favor of the Living With Busey show. They had a great dance task where everyone was laughing and having fun but Gary was a spectator because of his knee so bam it doesn't matter cause he is not front and center.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
My above post should say:

"His crazy is driving others crazy."

I seem to type in shorthand these days.

Kellee, correctamundo re the "Living With Busey" show. Way too much of that all season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I will be out for lunch but I hope to make it on time for the Finale at around 2 pm here.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
His age and medical problems are not an excuse to lie and accuse others of lying about his lies. If a person is so demented that he doesn't realize that you at least wear underwear if you are going to drop trou, he has no business in the real world. He needs to be in a protected environment. He has a 4 year old son. Suppose his knee goes out while he is visiting the kid at school. Would he get naked in front of the children. I don't think so. He knew what he was doing and he did it to upset people.

As to what Dee said about his wife, relisten to the letter the wife wrote. The entire house, actually nation, should have been insulting her.

I doubt that I will watch any future CBBs because the way this show was slanted towards a disgusting old has-been really turned me off the whole idea.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Sorry Cricket, I was talking about where Dee, for the second time, after nom's thought it was her right and responsibility to inform Gary of his feelings regarding his nominations. He told her politely that he did not want to fight, that was not how he felt, etc. She kept attacking. This eventually led to the fight in the kitchen where he was wrong for saying, "get out of my way", but IMO he was angry for how she treated him a few minutes earlier and it came out making him look bad. Every HG has commented on their nom's each week. Dee having never been nom'd up to that point really had no right to go after Gary, but as I said, he was an easy target for her to show aggression and make him look like the bad guy. She attacked him behind his back regarding his letter, called his wife a "cheeky ", her constant eye rolling and head shaking every time he speaks is very rude. Last night her and James ripped him to shreds behind his back, James said to his face, I would rather it had been you, very rude.

I agree Gary is difficult and had his faults, but he has also been fair game for others to abuse and treat with very little dignity. The rudeness he has endured, outweighs the times he was rude. He made efforts to correct his behavior when made aware of it. Somethings were unacceptable, pulling his pants down... I agree with that.

Audley, Lauren, Frenchy and Kelly all spoke up for Gary once out of the house. My view point is others projected all ill mannered behavior onto Gary, and they have all been rude and inappropriate at times to Gary or each other, but no one treats them like a child. I see Gary's faults like the rest of the viewing public, but refuse to ignore the target put on his back, he is not a dog that others are allowed to kick when they need to vent.

I do believe they are scared and jealous at times of his popularity, just like James saying he trashed the British public, Gary has played the opposite and sucked up to the public speaking highly of them. James saying it does not make it true.

There has not been one scene where Gary sat backstabbing and attacking anothers character. He may have commented on something they said or the way they treated him, but he never went for anyone on a personal attack. Had it not been for all the Gary bashing what would they have found to talk about?

One last comment, Dee said Gary never once said he was sorry... when she brought him coffee in her fake dramatic apology scene, she said "I'm sorry Gary" he responded by saying "I am too" and they hugged. She then walked out telling whoever was there to listen how she was the better person. Out of everyone in the house she is playing a role, she is very intolerant, and mean as can be if you are on her bad side, she has no boundries and is very immature in her pot stirring ways.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
he never went for anyone on a personal attack

He always went for the personal attack. Telling Edele that her hobby is yelling is a personal attack. Telling others that he understands the world and they don't is a personal attack. He has at one time or another said very mean things to each of them. And he always did take every nomination as a personal attack.

His "sorry" means nothing because he just did the same thing over and over. As one of the shrinks said, he is extremely passive-aggressive. Tell them what they want to hear and then do has he darn well pleases.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is why I can't wait for this season to end. It's been a tough year for BBUK watchers, imo.

Live finale starts soon!

1-2.45pm CBB: The Final After four weeks of ballroom dancers facing off against heavyweight boxers, underpants falling victim to scissor-wielding French women, will-they-or-won't-they moments between reality TV stars, and American actors dropping their trousers in the kitchen, the nail-biting moment has finally arrived for the remaining celebrities Audley, Dee, Edele, Gary, George and James. Emma Willis whittles them down one by one until the last one is left - the winner of Celebrity Big Brother's 2014 summer series

2.45-3.45pm BOTS

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's started!

Cheers and jeers:
Audley cheers
Dee cheers and boos
Edele cheers
Gary cheers and loud boos
George cheers
James big boos

Still a lot of "Get James Out!" chants.

I'm still guessing George to win, Gary second. Not sure about the others but it sounds like Audley will be third not James as I said before.

First vote freeze is in one minute, so first eviction will be pretty soon.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Fifth and sixth place evictions are about to happen.

Emma is talking to the house. It's still "Get James Out!"

In sixth place is
Edele!

In fifth place is
Dee!

They leave together.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Emma is showing everyone her knickers/shorts again!

Voting lines are open again.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
All guys left now!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Emma's talking to the house again.

In fourth place is
George!

No way!! Did people think he was a cert and didn't need votes? Shocked by that one.

Voting has opened again.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Amy, are you still around to post? I've been pigging on chocolate almonds and if I don't get on the exercise bike (which is strategically positioned in from of the tv) I'm going to get the shakes from all the sugar! Do you mind spoiling the final three?