TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Summer Season - August 2014: Archive through September 08, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Emma's been a presenter on several big shows: Loose Women, which is the one that had Carol McGifin, Denise Welsh and a couple of other CBB people as presenters too; and This Morning, which is a morning show a bit like Regis and Kelly. This year she was also the host of The Voice (the UK one) and I guess she'll be back next season too. She's done a lot of little things over the years but now she's a pretty big name.

I think the finale date is now next Friday, they've changed it a couple of times. I'll see what the tv schedule says.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
TV schedule for the rest of the season

Sat06 1.15-2.15pm CBB
Sat06 3-15-2.15pm BOTP

Sun07 1-2pm CBB

Mon08 1-2pm CBB
Mon08 3-4pm BOTS

Tue09 2-3pm CBB
Tue09 3-4pm BOTS

Wed10 1-2pm CBB: Live Eviction
Wed10 3-4pm BOTS
Wed10 4-4.55pm Live From The House

Thu11 1-2pm CBB
Thu11 3-4pm BOTS

Fri12 1-2.45pm CBB: The Final
Fri12 2.45-3.45pm BOTS

I was a bit distracted during the show, they didn't end with the start of a vote to win did they? Otherwise if it's a regular eviction on Wednesday then there'll only be two days left to start the Vote to Win for Friday.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
They didn't start the vote to win. I suspect we will have nominations for Wednesdays double eviction.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks. So eight now, two out on Wednesday leaves six for the finale, which is about right.

I think two days must be the shortest voting period for the winner they've had.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I got such a kick out of Chrissy Rock... Kitt do you know what she does? Comedian? She cracked me up, want her to be a HG!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She was too loud for me! No, I'd never heard of her before. She kept saying she was someone else and I was getting very confused by what she was trying to say at one point!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Chrissy is an actress and comedian. She's currently in the TV show Benidorm.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
She was loud Kitt, but that energy... wow! I just enjoyed her fire cracker personality! I can not imagine her in the house, she would be a riot! I guess I enjoyed her leaving Steph speechless!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 1:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Emma was so "in demand" this year, there was a major concern if she was even going to do BB this year (or if the channel could afford her).

Until 2012, Emma only hosted the BOTS program but Brian Dowling was let go as BB host & Emma was promoted to main host but still hosts BOTS a few days a week. Rylan had never hosted a show & was cohost last year with AJ (now gone) so there was concern letting him fly "solo" but I think he's done a great job. I so wish they had let Brian host BOTS & let him practice first but they let him host the main show & he just froze up. I think he would have been a great host eventually.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I am so curious to see who wins. I really hope it isn't James ... Just can't warm up to this guy. At first, I didn't think it was fair that he was in a room with three people that he had problems with but he didn't get it when he then tried to switch the complaints to Gary. He looked like he was struggling to even play along with it. I thought it was very funny when he complained to BB and the voice said, well, this is conflict resolution.

I would love to see all the footage as to why most of the HG can't stand Gary and seem justified in treating Gary the way they have. Where does the game-playing come in? Steph seemed a little embarrassed, but I'm thinking she still felt justified. I don't get it.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Gary is a major international star, and getting someone of his calibre is a coup. They certainly wouldn't want him humiliated because they'd never get someone like him to do BB after that. OTOH, Kellie said he was never rude to her, so it's hard to know how much the HMs are telling the truth, and how much is just spite/envy/jealousy/whatever.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Everyone else has said how much of a pain Gary is though. And Kellie has also been rather generous about Audley, despite the fact we saw several shouting arguments between them (although also a make up). I think Kellie's just trying to be gracious and note she said that Gary wasn't rude to her, not "I don't know what everyone's talking about, he's a delight!"

BOTS has only just started talking about the disconnect between what we see with Gary and what the hms are telling them. To be honest I think they've been caught out (again) with their editing certain people for story, and they've realised they have to show the other side or lose (more) credibility. I agree that not wanting to put off potential big names could be a reason.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Can't wait to find out who s nom'd!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Noms:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Everyone's up for nomination

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They might as well have opened it up for the vote to win!

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Thanks Puzzled. I am looking forward to Dee's standing. Kitt, it will give us a good idea won't it. This season has been strange.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I hope it's a vote to evict.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Don't forget BBAU starts in 3 hours 40 min.

This site should have everything needed for the BBAU US fan -

http://bbaustralia2014.blogspot.com/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's started.... I have yesterday's BB to watch (1hr), today's BBAU (1.5hrs), yesterday's Coronation St (1hr), today's BB and BOTS (2hrs) and today's Eastenders (half hour). How am I going to achieve anything at all!??!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nominations from today's show

James: Lauren (nice until she drinks, said she had most to lose) Gary (really rude)

Ricci: Gary (rude, doesn't have respect for people), Audley (spends all his time in kitchen, goes to bed early)

Edele: Audley (doesn't make room for her to have more to say), Lauren (L doesn't accept the way she delivers things)

George: Audley (is fake trying to be entertaining), Gary (keeps revealing his man bits)

Dee: Gary (dropping trousers in kitchen), James (says he stands by what he says but didn't own the comments he made on the feedback forms)

Gary: James (doesn't listen while others are talking, thinks it's his right to interrupt), Ricci (looks in mirror a lot)

Audley: George (not a proper celebrity), Dee (overreaction to Gary's wardrobe malfunction)

Lauren: James (didn't own up to feedback task, said he was playing game) Edele (hadn't connected after said they were going to make more of an effort)

Gary 4 noms
Audley, James 3
Lauren 2
Dee, Edele, George, Ricci 1

Everybody received at least one nomination, everyone is up. It is a vote to save as usual but it is a DOUBLE eviction.

Dee looked really bad today, she seems to have reached the end of her tether. And Audley's being a bit of an idiot imo in his attempt to be entertaining.

Gary seems to be unable to hold back (or we're seeing more of him not holding back) and James is his usual self-centred self.

It was all a bit horrible watching.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I have to agree with your post, Kitt. It was horrible watching tonight.

This was the first time that I felt Gary probably shouldn't be in the house (because I just can't defend pulling down pants in the kitchen). I didn't really have a problem with anything else he said or did. IMO as far as his continued conversation with Dee, Dee I think said, well, I don't think you have bitterness wholely (is that a word?), and then admitted she thought Gary was bitter, so he wasn't too far off the mark. And when she said he was getting up in her face, I thought the appropriate response was what Gary said, get out of my way, instead of the polite, excuse me. I can understand where she is frustrated and at the end of her rope, but I can also understand why Gary thinks she's two-faced.

Lauren's a smart cookie. I'm not sure why Ricci is on this show. I liked Edele for her calming influence. I still can't stand James.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
There is never a reason to say "get out of my way" rather than "excuse me please." No matter how old or infirm or angry one is, ordering someone out of your way is rude. I really resent him saying he is rude because he is American. Way to be the ugly American Gary! We know enough to have manners even if he was raised in a barn and learned none. Again I say, if his behavior has to do with his medical/mental problems, he has no business on the show.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I agree with many comments... the kitchen incident was crazy. Saying, "Get out of my way" was rude... however... Gary has been pushed, disrespected, humiliated, ridiculed, backstabbed, and humiliated for three weeks by the majority. Dee started the argument in the back yard. Who the heck does she think she is to shove Gary's gang nominations down his throat, insist on telling him how he feels about them, and when he kindly tells her he doesn't want to fight she pushes the issue until she gets the reaction she wants. Frenchy showed far worse behavior and Dee tucked her tail and kept her mouth shut... as a matter of fact the only one she feels safe to attack is Gary, and it is NOT always justified. Gary perhaps should not be in the house as he at times seems to have no impulse control... my knee goes out, I fix it. Dee had no right to stand over Gary in a threatening manner... I say his "Get out of my way" was justified to the way she treated him earlier, I can not stand her. Gary has shown more patience and grace then any of them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The bitterness conversation...

James: <usual nonsense>
Gary: I don't have bitterness in me, do you hear me
(to Dee) Do you agree?
Dee: Not wholy
Dee: Bitterness is a strong word, I wouldn't say you have bitterness in you.

Later in the kitchen
Gary: Got news for you, I'm never bitter
Dee: I never said you were bitter
Gary: <couldn't understand>
Dee: I never said you were bitter, it was James
Gary: about my bitterness?
Dee: oh no it wasn't, you mentioned it and I said you weren't
Gary: it came out of you
<argument ensues>

I think she was trying to think of a word that was similar to bitter but in a much lesser degree. (Yes, wholy is a real word, in means entirely.) Then later Gary was just wrong.

His "I'm 70" excuse is really bugging me now. 70 isn't that old any more. You might be stuck in your ways at 90 or 100 but at 70?! Look at Joan Rivers at 81.

By the way, any BBAU fans, our (my) favourite uploader with the E name and the helpful twitter account has the BBAU episodes too, or at least the launch one!

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, appreciate the input, but I was talking about the convo where she was telling Gary how he always takes his noms "personally".... it was a longer convo, and Dee had never been nom'd so who is she to judge, but she sure took it personal when "her baby" was nom'd, even tonight. The look on her face was so over exaggerated. That is why we love BB, we all have our favorites, and I truly enjoy sharing points of view, with respect always. I admit, dropping the britches was beyond the limit. Love watching the show, but personally hate conflict... could never be on it :-) would love a PM to Au link