TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through September 08, 2014 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
It's a "storm" because it looks like they're going with a two-by-two twist- and maybe the pairs aren't necessarily the best of friends...

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
BBAU Instagram:

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
LOL, I love Tim in his skeleton onesie closing them into the ark!

Bee

09-14-2009

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
Here is a link to BBB AU with lot's of fun info..
http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2014/08/bb-storm-will-last-80-days-and-80-nights/

Evictions will take place on Tuesday nights
There is a new show hosted by Sonia with the working title Monday Night Live.
The show will run for 80 days

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
Instagram:

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
Instagram pics:

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They're claiming their twist "hasn't been done in any BB anywhere ever"- I'll believe it when I see it...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Can you tell it's winter down there?

They sure have a lot to finish yet in the house.. cant' wait!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if I like the description of the show, I like BB when they don't mess with people. Hopefully it will be ok.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 3:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
BBAU host Sonia Kruger in CA ... Wondering if she's visiting the USBB?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
No, I hope she doesn't go in the US BB and getting bad ideas...

I'm so curious about this Storm theme, I wonder if it's in honor of Aussie actor Russell Crowe...

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Apparently one of the HM's will be given "ultimate power"....

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/0824/new-big-brother-2014-australia-trailer-one-housemate-ultimate-power-storm

(here's a thought- maybe everyone goes into the house with who they think will be their partner, but the HM who gets the power gets to be the one who actually sets the pairs)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
ultimate power? Just like UK... already I don't like it.. They want to be mean.. doesn't suit the Aussies...

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, keep good thoughts, BBUK has given up & BBUS is on autopilot

BBAU seems to use themes & tasks that have gone well in other countries but they also try to perfect them, not do a watered down copy - BBAU is trying to outdo last year's success, I can't wait!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I hope so too, for me though it's all about casting, if I didn't fall in love with Tim's antics, the uniqueness of Ben, and marvel at Tahan's beauty, I don't know... I would love to see just as good casting as last year. Also, Sonia's gowns were eye candy... But the house was what I really liked to watch, especially that central pool with the palm and the sunshine... and the foliage around. The aussie accent reminded me how fun it was talking to them when I was down under...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It starts here at around 3 am, I will be asleep but maybe if I wake at around 4 am I'll come to take a peek at the Live Stream...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
By what I saw so far on the behindbb site, there are a couple of things I am not too thrilled already... the change of the house, indoors and outdoors, seemed a lot better last year, and the power to one person seems a bad idea, but I will patiently wait to see if these impressions are wrong. (just hate the chandelier and furniture) and the pool with no palm, oh well...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Again thanks Cricket for the link, by the way it was outstanding quality, filled up my screen, like watching TV.

Sonia expecting, she looked good and the baby bump was cute on a very tight gown, she was a bit breathless at the start and I can understand why. I think Sonia and Emma have much more work to do as BB presenters than our Julie.

The housemates are all right, but so far none of them caught my total attention as Tim, Tahan and Ben did last year. Will have to wait if any of them will grow on me for a while...

The Indian girl with the power is ruthless, another money starved player (reminds me of Derrick) and will likely manipulate her partner who I see is none too thrilled to be paired off with her. I could see conflict in there soon.

The idea of the 'power' didn't please me as much, after the UK experience. I still think that any power should be deserved with some kind of challenge.

One thing that reminded me so much of last year was hearing the Big Brother voice again, wow! What a nice voice for my hearing... after the grating one on the UK version.

The house, frankly, I preferred last year, relaxed look, very Aussy, this Miami style looks way too fake, I'd say 'kitch'. Not bad, but not as nice as last year's look.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see the interaction, funny that only a few couples were a good much. By the way, 'the pairs' that was one thing they copied from the US BB of some years ago. The power from the UK.. I hope they leave the nominations system as it was last year and the showdown as well. But that special power may be too much of turnoff for me.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Anyone with a link that would be willing to share with others via PM, please send it to me.

Cricket & Spunky please reply to my PM - I have sent you 2 PMs & can't send a third because the system assumes that I am harrassing you & won't let me send a third.

I tried to find a source on youtube without luck, so assume it's been deleted. Luckily the source I have is working well as a stream (so I've heard) & for the recorded episode.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Will, I couldn't find an e-mail for you. Do you want me to reply via The Clubhouse by pm?

I'll do that.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
You're very welcome, Spunky. I didn't know Sonja was pregnant. I was about to complain that her dress made her look pregnant, lol. Didn't love it, esp. the way it came in @ the back with the solid color. Congrats to her!

I agree with you Spunky re no standouts yet. Also LOVE the BB voice....awesome.

I sent a link to you Willwillbee. For others I posted the general link earlier upthread.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
General link to catch Big Brother AU 2014:

http://watchseries-online.ch

**Not eu anymore...that was hacked awhile ago.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Looks like on the second episode 4 more housemates will enter the house. I hope those 2 in power would reconsider after they see the new people coming in. To take food away so early in the game seems a bit cruel. But don't know if the two in power can also be nominated and if they others know they are the ones who took food away I'm sure they'll be nominated.
Bugs me this preferential treatment to some housemates vs the others.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Cricket

watchseries doesn't have episode one up yet. It is on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amWu5IYEjDE

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
So what was the thing that had never been done before? The pair thing?

I agree that the HOH pair putting the whole house on shakes their first week will compromise their long-term chances in the game. I'm disappointed they even brought the HOH idea into this game.

This group looks like they were chosen for their intolerance of people with certain qualities. The last cast was so child-like and silly. It's going to be a very different show, but at least Big Brother is the same.