TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Summer Season - August 2014: Archive through September 03, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Live tv schedule for the coming week:

Sun Aug31 1-2pm BB

Mon Sep01 1-2pm BB
Mon Sep01 2.55-3.55pm BOTS

Tue Sep02 2-3.05pm BB
Tue Sep02 3.05-4.05pm BOTS

Wed Sep03 1-2pm BB Live Eviction
Wed Sep03 3-4pm BOTS
Wed Sep03 4-4.55pm Live from the House

Thu Sep04 1-2pm BB
Thu Sep05 2.55-4pm BOTS

Fri Sep05 1-2.35pm BB Live Eviction
Fri Sep05 2.35-3.35pm BOTS
Fri Sep05 3.35-4.15pm Live from the House

Sat Sep06 1.15-2.15pm BB
Sat Sep06 3.15-4.15pm BOTP

Sun Sep07 1-2pm BB

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I want to make a comment about Gary now that I have read some more. For many adults the aging process starts showing up in 70 year olds.bathing less is one example.
They can lose some sense of taste, smell, hearing, sight, and you start seeing changes that usually family notice first. Gary has a history of brain injury, hearing loss, and yes multiple voices at once would be very difficult for him. You can see it when Big Brother speaks, he can't hear them most of time, and his history of drug abuse. I agree he would try your patients, but some HG have come right out and said they have no patience for it. They are intolerant of his disability. As a nurse most of my career was spent working with the disabled, and some time with senior's. I do not think Gary is trying to manipulate or be rude, blunt and demanding at times, but that is one thing he has in common with the other celebrity ego's. It is clear he has a great deal of support in his life, but as I stated earlier, he seems to be trying very hard to fit in and make adjustments. James is not a support, he is stripping away Gary's dignity and respect with every pronouncement of his heroic sacrifice, it is vile. I like the way Audley said, "It's ok, he needs help" when he told Gary he needed to sit down during the dome task. He was assuring us that he was not bullying Gary, and he acted with kindness.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with the comment above regarding Gary. I can't believe how intolerant some of these HG are of his disabilities. I hope they're getting an education because they seem to have lived in a bubble all their lives and haven't had to deal/interact with adults with handicaps.

I think Leslie was voted most entertaining before he had his meltdowns. I think the title went to his head. I know that's when I felt he wasn't very entertaining and was really sorta nasty.

I can't stand Stephanie ... she doesn't just insult, she gets personal attempting to hit below the belt ... Audley's children, Kellie's former self, and everything about Gary. I don't think she's hitting the mark but others realize how low she's willing to go.

James?! Well, when he's evicted he will be happy knowing that the reason the public booed him was because he defended his friend of ten days to get back at another HG. He just doesn't get it and probably never will. I really like Audley, he's got James figured out. James is not interesting or deep, and he's very predictable.

I think since some of the HGs have been warned about their treatment of Gary, they will turn on each other (I think it's already begun). Thank goodness for the more "normal" folks in there.

BTW, I've loved reading the comments here.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched today's so may have more comment later but I agree with James on the Kellie thing. First off why ask the question to Stephanie when it was not her who would be answering but someone who was not in the room at the time. Also personally James said outloud what what I have wanted to say to every whinger that cries "oh I am going to walk", if you want to them darn well do it but don't keep going on about it.

On the subject of Stephanie, I agreed with what she said about Audley he was being passive aggressive, he was being a jerk and it wasn't funny but her response was over the top and showed her to be a true sister of Spencer. Secondly her retort about Kellie having the Frank coming out was low, below the belt (no pun intended). She should have been pulled up on that right away it was wrong.

As for James defending his friends, I have no issue with that and really don't understand why Audley does. So they have only been in there 10 days but as they have said they are living together and spending an intense amount of time with each other. If he had called them his friends on the first or second day sure might see that as not genuine but many of whom have come out of Celeb BB seem to have remained good friends over the years.

I think Gary has a lot more on the ball then most give him credit for and truly I believe he is playing the game. His smile to the camera when Edele was trying to show him how to properly wash a mug said it all to me. He is playing them all like fiddles and in turn is playing the audience.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I agree with most of your remarks, Steph goes for the throat. If Audley was being passive aggressive, he deserved to be, they back stabbed him, and he can't be aggressive....so perhaps he did harbor resentment, understandable, and Steph was a Pratt about it.... Kelly did not have to bring that up, but maybe it was her way of supporting Audley after Steph reacted so viciously. When the luggage incident happened, Gary was in no way rude and James treatment of him was insane. Completely out of order, he is vile. Gary smiles in an attempt to be liked and accepted, he was and is making an effort. When he talked to James about anger management he was spot on. James stated he doesn't need anger management, people just need to stop pissing me off. Gary breathing pisses him off.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Has an American ever won CBB?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Today's show told me a lot about Gary's hearing problem. A group of people were talking on the other side of the room. He heard his name and asked what they were talking about. His name was mentioned in a casual way as one of those who suitcase was being discussed. But he can't hear! How did he get that from a distant (not loud) conversation? He's doing the same manipulation he has done on every reality show he's been on and in most of his interviews.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nope. Non UK winners have been Shilpa Shetty who's Indian, Ulrika Jonsson who's Swedish (but she's been on British tv forever), Paddy who's Irish. But no Americans.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 2:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I assume Gary is used to people accommodating him (as they should with his age & injuries) but these folks will barely give him an inch. I know he's probably a pain to live with but this borders on abuse. I have to give it to him, he seems to be taking it well & trying to do his best to fit in. I do think he's sincere, he realizes he is in there for 3 weeks & trying to make the best of it.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I believe Gary is hard of hearing and heard his name but didn't understand the rest of the conversation. I thought he was questioning George and not James.

I agree with the post above that Audley cannot be aggressive and I wonder if he's using self-control or is he this calm in real life? I don't think James was winding him up under the dome. I think James was just an annoying gnat.

Stephanie in the DR seemed to understand the message not to bully Gary, but it sounded like she blamed Gary for her actions? James also doesn't think he needs anger management because again he seems to blame others for his actions (was he joking or does he believe this?)

I'd like to see more of Dee and Claire. And I wish Edele would smile just a little more.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Rumour has it Claire has been out of the house for about 24 hours now, due to illness. If it's true it's been that long she might not be coming back.

I don't get why none of them realise how awful James is. I think he's set a lot of the nasty tone.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Agree Gib. Edele seems to have some turmoil going on in her personal life.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Was there no BOTP yesterday? I know there was none Saturday but there was suppose to be something yesterday per Kitt's schedule but I'm not finding it anywhere. If someone has a link to it, could you PM me please.

Sun 31st
1-2pm CBB
3.10-3.40pm BOTP <- short

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They changed the tv schedule, Willwillbe, they can't be trusted for anything more than a few days ahead anymore. The new schedule up a few posts was accurate as of Saturday, but things do change!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
To me - at the age of 73 - it just seems as if they are expected to treat Gary as a child. Let him behave any way he wants because he is old and infirm. I've asked a few of my friends and we all agree, it is insulting. He is an adult, he knows the rules and if his head is so screwed up that he needs extra help he should be in a home, not on television. 70 is not that old anymore. He is playing it up to be his old crazy self. He was like this before his head injuries. He has always been a pain in the butt. But to say he needs help because he is 70 is very demeaning.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
He needs help because he has a TBI. This, combined with the normal challenges of aging, means that he has a double whammy of age and brain injury. If you have deficits, it becomes harder and harder to compensate as you age. I have deficits, too, and am older than Gary, and neither Gary nor I need to be in a home. There are already too many elderly people warehoused in "homes."

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
First, he is exactly the same as he was before the brain injury. He uses it as an excuse to be the same person he was before.

Second, do you expect everyone around you to treat you like a child because you are older and have medical problems? I have problems too but I do not expect others to change because I cannot do everything the same way I always did. I have to compensate, not those around me.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
There's no way he's exactly the same way he was before the brain injury. When did Gary ever say that he expected anyone to treat him like a child, any way?

Yes, I do expect people to make allowances for my deficits, which I cannot help, because that's what caring people do. I did the same for my parents and my in-laws, and do the same for my husband. I make allowances for my autistic grand daughter, and for people with all sorts of mental problems. Please, I can't believe that you don't make allowances for people's deficits/handicaps.

I don't need people lecturing me because I spill coffee, can't get my words straight, or fall down the stairs, stick the coffee in the fridge, mix up my kids' names, etc., etc. Even when my kids were teens, they didn't snark at me when I'd say things like, "Put the potatoes in the chair," when I meant to put them in the oven.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The day I need someone to tell me to take a shower is the day I put myself in a home.

Not all old age/nursing homes are bad.

I'm out.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
See my problem is he is hypocritical if Edele spills his coffee he gets to gripe, but James mentions that Gary spilled his coffee all over the stairs he just cleaned and he is evil. Gary gets to tell everyone shhhhhhh and interrupt their conversations but woe be tied if anyone does that to him. He does not allow people to finish sentences but gets upset when people point that out. He talks about people behind their back in there, which all they all do (heck every single house mate in every single series has said things behind backs of others) but if anyone does it about him ohhhh they are ostracizing him.

If he is rude, and being unhygienic as to spitting everywhere, not cleaning up after he pisses on the floor, then yes I do think these are things that don't need allowances they need to stop.

I think the thing is most people have time to adjust to being with someone with deficits and differing capabilities but these people were thrown in together and expected to cope. I am not saying they have all coped fantastically but I don't think they are doing as bad as some are portraying them to have.

There has been a lot of talk about his brain injury and the effects of it. He was always eccentric before the injury but what I don't think helped was his drug use, which is as much to blame as the brain injury.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nominations from yesterday's show

Audley and James won immunity in the task and cannot be nominated.

Claire was getting medical attention so couldn't nominate, but also cannot be nominated by the others.

George: Frenchy (causes conflict), Gary (chooses to listen when he wants to)

Audley: Frenchy (not team player), Stephanie (selfish)

Stephanie: Gary (hygiene issues), Kellie (mean to her)

James: Kellie (kicks off easily, causes scenes), Frenchy (crazy, wasn't nice to Lauren, threw out meal)

Dee: Frenchy (verbally abusive to Lauren, threw out meal), Stephanie (lost soul, won't eat, sleeps all the time)

Ricci: Frenchy (unpredictable), Gary (very rude, dirty, acts up to cameras)

Gary: Frenchy (doesn't know how to change trains), Kellie (wants to get out and get on with her journey)

Lauren: Frenchy (out of order on task, not team player), Gary (rude)

Frenchy: Ricci (not supportive during game), Lauren (didn't do her best in task, no team work)

Edele: Frenchy (unpredictable), Gary (doesn't trust good moments are real)

Kellie: Frenchy (playing mixed game, threw food away), Stephanie (playing Audley against him)

Frenchy 9 noms
Gary 5
Kellie, Stephanie 3
Ricci, Lauren 1

(everyone who was nominated is up for eviction)

Dee, Edele, George 0
Audley, Claire, James immune

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
After tonight's show, I know I don't need to see any of the showmances. Stephanie and George seem so awkward and I'm not sure if I care if Ricci will get "hurt". Although I don't find Lauren offensive, last night's dip(s) in the pool were probably for air time rather than sport.

I felt bad for Edele and the first day of school.

I think tonight was supposed to be showing James in a better light but I just don't like the personality I've seen so far. No matter how good his heart is, he's still abrasive, arrogant, and seeking attention IMO.

And I wonder how much of treating Gary better (Steph's apology, etc.) -- how much of that is because they think the public likes Gary rather than some sorta of aha moment that they realize maybe a little tolerance would be the logical or nice thing to do.
After the last BBUK (sorry, but Ugh Helen) I wasn't going to watch this series, but every show, there's something interesting.

Audley to win! (Hope he doesn't do something annoying before the finale!)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
And I wonder how much of treating Gary better (Steph's apology, etc.) -- how much of that is because they think the public likes Gary rather than some sorta of aha moment that they realize maybe a little tolerance would be the logical or nice thing to do.

I think the penny has finally dropped that people who are mean to Gary get booed and voted out.

I would be happy if the final two were Audley and Gary.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Oh goodness gracious I hope not. Audley to me seems to be a bit too smug and self righteous. His whole demeanor about others friendships and thoughts puts me right off him. As for Gary I think he has played too much of a game for my liking but hey that is my thought.

I personally like James but then again have said it before. I think Kellie moaning about him talking behind people's back while talking about him behind his back is a pure sign of the hypocrisy that is Kellie. She can dish it out right down to threats of violence but can't seem to take a bit of it back.

What is up with Dee and this who nominated my baby thing, really why should he be safe? He nominated someone so they have every right to nominate him.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I like James too. I don't know anything about James being that I'm from the US, but he doesn't come off as nasty as some here say he is. I also don't like Audley, he's very arrogant.