TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through August 17, 2014 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I don't expect the show to start before 7/29 but will probably be later. They usually advertise 6 weeks before airing & they haven't advertised yet, so I assume it won't start before 8/15th.

For the latest info on the house or past HM -

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/board/australian-big-brother-talk.2/

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
You may find a thread on the link I posted above about BBAU 2014 Launch Date Leaked, but at this point, it's 34 pages of nobody knows.

Apparently HM are still in the selection process & down to the final 30 or so. Rumor has it that it will be 6 weeks past final selection, so the best guess so far is probably end of August maybe even into the first of September. I hope so, it's hard to juggle watching 3 BB houses.

Mistletoe

07-23-2008

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistletoe a private message Print Post    
Thanks Willwillbee. Looking forward to another season of BBAU

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 2:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Rumor has it that BBAU won't start til September, possibly late September - probably soon after BBUS & CBBUK has ended.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Will. I cannot wait for this show to start. It's my favorite of all the Big Brothers.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
This is said to be the 2014 AU house picture on Instagram.

Twitter pic: @/behindbb

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
Construction pictures from BBAU Facebook:

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I can't wait, today last year I watched the beginning of Big Brother in Australia and what fun I had. So a year ago today it started and looks like it will be a bit later this year.

After the season last year the house was very near the fires that hit the area and I can see above from Saguaro's pic they're still working on the house. Well, I can't wait.... although, it seems to me a bit of too much luck to repeat the success of last year, it's all about casting and I don't think they can repeat the same jackpot...

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
BBAU Instagram:

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The rumors change almost daily for the launch date & feels like watching a ping pong game, so I'm not even going to speculate but September seems to be the common denominator.

It seems this will be the shortest BB in BBAU history, which seems strange after last year's triumph but I think/hope they might be wanting to garner some of the US & UK fans that will be going into withdrawal. Saguaro did an incredible article on BBAU & posted it in the BBUS area, so I'm betting we'll have a few more US fans checking it out this year. I fear BBUK will be cancelled, like BBAU was a few years ago & am hoping it will go global & be managed by people that care. Luckily, BBAU has a wonderful production team right now even if without live feeds it isn't truly BB. Rumor claims they hired another producer for the live shows, which seems to indicate that they are growing a larger team & gives EP Alex more time to work on his Surly bits.

Still no ads yet & they previously aired 6 weeks before launch date, so I am skeptical of the early September rumors.

Mistletoe

07-23-2008

Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistletoe a private message Print Post    
Thanks Will!
And thanks Saguaro! What would we do without your pics! Fun seeing Sonia again

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Don't know where to put this, but Amazing Race AU vs NZ started last night and the locations are unbelievably gorgeous. So beautiful. I love AU and NZ. Makes me wish my Grandparents had emigrated to one of those countries from Ireland rather than California, lol.

Check it out...looks like it's going to be great.

I can't wait for the start of BB AU...its the best. Willwillbee, would the show possibly start six weeks after the instagram above?

Thanks.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cricket, it's my understanding that the promo Sonia was recording hasn't been aired on TV yet. In previous years, the first TV ad was 6 weeks prior to show start. I'm "assuming" that won't be true this year because if it aired tomorrow, the show wouldn't start til late September.

There is a possibility that BBAU may wait to start after UK's CBB & BBUS ends on 9/24. After the success & hype of the show last year by worldwide fans, they may hope to get an even larger following by waiting til there is no competition from BBUK or BBUS. Those fans will be going into BB withdrawals - perfect timing!

Cinapoo1958

05-11-2006

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinapoo1958 a private message Print Post    
I love how everyone talks about BBAU but no one is saying how they get to watch it. Some of us would love to see it.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Cinapoo, I go to YouTube and search for the daily episode.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, August 11, 2014 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cinapoo, it's getting harder & harder to find. The channel gets upset if it's uploaded for the rest of the world to see & has it deleted. Youtube has cracked down on copyright violations & if someone who has uploaded is violated, they lose their youtube channel & are not allowed to open another (as they were in the past).

We wait on pins & needles trying to find out where to watch & I highly recommend never publicly posting sources or we lose them but if anyone asks, someone here will PM with the latest information.

Checking youtube & filtering by today's upload has been the best way to locate the daily episodes but our sources are dwindling as they are closed down.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
I wish there was an better way to watch the shows. Though even without the live feed, I really enjoyed last season. I'm already not happy with how lazy US producers have become with the US version. If that one didn't have feeds I wouldn't be watching at all. At least with Australia, they've learned how to make every week a little bit different than the week before ... It's not the same thing over and over.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
first promo..(pairs twist perhaps?)

http://youtu.be/d7DweBLZChU

and based on when tickets are available for filming, it's believed 9/8 and 9/9 will be the premiere nights.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Wow, Wilson, sooner than we thought. Awesome!

Looks like CBB may end and not long after the best of all will start BB AU!

Yippee!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That was a cute preview, wonder why the 'storm' theme? Looks like they have gorgeous people this time too.. can't wait!!

Jbw

08-14-2006

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
that YouTube link has been taken down.

Try the one below. It should work since it's at the official Channel 9 AU - YouTube channel:

Big Brother Australia 2014: A Storm Is Coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmhrjiQvJW8

Jbw

08-14-2006

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 2:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Cinapoo

I watched the last series live at TV Nutters which was fun since they had a chatroom going on during the live broadcast and they had people from the UK, Canada, US, Japan and AU on there talking & watching together. Those live broadcast started anywhere from 4am-6am US Central Time. However nutters just did a complete update at its site and all the links it had to BBUK, BBAU and BBUS for live airing and OnDemand have either been removed or they have cleverly hidden them and no one has yet found them.

Sometimes I'd watch BBAU on YouTube a few hours after the show was aired live in AU (usually they'd show up on YouTube around noon US central time).

I had another source to watch it but I'll have to wait until the new series starts to see if it still works.

I'm confident when the new series starts, at least a few of us will find a source and will be willing to share it through a PM since we can't post a direct link to it here without violating the TVCH rules.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 3:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
at the behind big brother forum they posted a screenshot of a BBAU tweet claiming BBAU will start on September 8th.

https://twitter.com/bbau_tweeter

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
Instagram:

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post