TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Summer Season - August 2014: Archive through August 26, 2014 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Leslie is really a sweetheart. He has been seriously sleep deprived by Frenchy. Gary is and always has been a diva. The reason he is brain damaged is that he laughed at the law about wearing helmets on motorcycles. His hearing loss is VERY selective. When he was on Celebrity Apprentice he only heard what he wanted to hear and when ANYONE tried to tell him what to do, he didn't hear it. He has been dining out (getting jobs) by using his age, brain damage and hearing loss to his advantage. I am older than he is and have many medical issues. If I were on this type of show, I'd do whatever the rules said I had to do or leave. Of course I'm not as desperate for money as Gary, nor am I a celebrity, and I'd never go on a reality show.

Bottom line, Gary is a manipulative diva who ALWAYS has to get his own way. By pretending not to understand, pretending not to hear, pretending to be ill or just by arguing. But he always does exactly what he wants no matter what.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I reread my post and I want to clarify - having no empathy was probably too strong. It's specifically that he's incapable of picking up on social cues from other people. I do think Gary is capable of both sympathy and empathy - whether we see it or not - lol

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I think the HMs are choosing to ostracize and isolate Gary and that's not okay, it's bullying. And from what I can see, it started with James and the nonsense he invented about what Gary was and is thinking. Who exactly does James think he is, all I have to say to him is SHHHHHHHHH.

Gary was in a serious motorcycle accident in the 80s, he nearly died, he did die from what Gary says. He has had two (I believe) brain surgeries, then a lot of recovery. He's been through a lot and he's still here, even though he's changed, that is to be commended. But for James, Stephanie, Leslie, and whoever else, to take how he is and spin it to some type of nasty person, is not okay, it's bullying. He can't hear, particularly accents, so they have to repeat themselves and speak up, big whoop; their comments about Gary really shows their character and true colors. And what happened to Gary is something Leslie, of all people, should know about, understand, be empathetic about and deal with like an adult, not a big baby.

Leslie surprises me the most, I guess he's not worried about losing fans. Yelling at Frenchy and Gary, awful and uncalled for; I had hoped they all planned this behavior, but it doesn't seem likely. And Leslie questioning Gary about why he is in there bc Gary can't sleep outside, was so insensitive. Leslie whines about loud noise at night, but he's in a game and shouldn't be there if it bothers him to the point of rage; get over yourself Leslie. And to speak about Gary's young child, what an azure.

I read on twitter Gary will be sleeping in the house. No 70-year-old should be sleeping outside, particularly with all the health issues Gary has had, beyond the accident mind you; I can only imagine the outrage that poured into the producers from the viewers. BB should not have asked Gary to be on, if they had plans that would be detrimental to his health.

I think Stephanie should be banned from eating sausages.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's all a bit too horrible for words for me at the moment. But Dee asking Kellie who she was when she was crying made me cry a little. Must be crazy for her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Live TV schedule for those that can stomach it!

Sat 23rd
1.10-2.10pm CBB
4.10-5.10pm Bit On The Psych <-late

Sun 24th
1-2pm CBB

Mon 25th
1-2pm CBB
3-4pm BOTS

Tue 26th
2-3pm CBB
3-4pm BOTS

Wed 27th
1-2pm CBB: Live Eviction
3-4pm BOTS
4-5pm Live from the House

Thu 28th
1-2pm CBB
3-4pm BOTS

Fri 29th
1-2.35pm CBB: Live Eviction
2.35-3.35pm BOTS
3.35-4.15pm Live from the House

Sat 30th
1.25-2.30pm CBB

Sun 31st
1-2pm CBB
3.10-3.40pm BOTP <- short

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I think the HMs are choosing to ostracize and isolate Gary and that's not okay, it's bullying.

The only bully I've seen is Gary. He uses his problems to bully everyone around him all the time. They have to do what he says when he says because he has all these problems. They have to interrupt what they are saying to explain it to him. They have to stop what they are doing or saying because he wants to talk. From what I saw, James was trying to show Gary what it is like when he tells them to shush. He does that all the time. I've seen him do it to reporters who are interviewing him.

It's really funny that he can hear what he wants to hear and only has trouble hearing when it is something he doesn't like. He was very wrong in his insistence of what CGI means. It does not mean Computer Graphic Imaging. It does mean Computer Generated Imaging. When Gary heard what Leslie correctly named it, he became very agitated because he knew he was wrong and started pretending he didn't understand what Leslie was saying.

As you can probably tell, I am not a fan of Gary's. To this day I cannot understand why his teammates on Celebrity Apprentice didn't kill him. I couldn't take that man for more than five minutes. I hope the British public doesn't fall for his game and keep him in. He should be the first one out - for his own good - since he has so many medical problems.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Who has Gary ostracized? In what way has Gary used his health issues against others? You don't have to like Gary to recognize the real issues that he has. Celebrity Apprentice wasn't about not liking Gary, it was about giving him a task he could focus on. People who choose to isolate Gary bc of his health issues, or use his health issues against him are the lowest of the low to me, and that begins for me with James.

What difference does it make what CGI means to Gary in movies, all Leslie had to do was be polite and walk away, but Leslie had a temper tantrum and lashed out, he had no business doing that. And if Gary can't hear, he can't hear, regardless of what anyone says. Who would believe Gary would invent a hearing loss and why? For a game? Really? The self absorbed house bullies that's who.

Gary is doing nothing to hurt or harm anyone, unlike James, Leslie and Stephanie, and those who chime in, who choose to cause harm rather than get to know someone and accept their limitations, including the way they process information and express their thoughts.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
oh dear, it's getting a bit ridiculous! Couldn't they at least provide some kind of cushion in the 'scrap' area for Kelly to lie down. These old folks will have hard time staying in the house and may leave voluntarily.
Leslie may be the first one evicted.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
All I am going to say is that Gary has a hearing aid and hears quite well when he wants to. He has had a lot of medical help with his other problems and chooses not to pay attention to what he has been told. He is a great manipulator and will snow anyone who hasn't seen him do this act for years. He was just like this before his accident and other medical issues. He now zeroed in on a reason to behave like a jerk.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Leslie made the biggest mistake imploring the GBP to vote out Gary, he doesn't know he just insured that Gary stays. Leslie thinks since the app users voted him most entertaining/star of the show that they will grant his wishes of a house free of irritants - lol. He obviously has never watched the show.

Gary made sure his contract stipulated that he sleep (indoors, I'm sure) alone in a double bed.

I didn't understand why Gary didn't turn off/down his hearing aid. I know many CBB HM usually bring in ear plugs.

Spunky, I think Kellie flung herself on the ground, they had a double bed and a daybed for the 3 people to use. I thought Leslie's explanation was so profound & well thought out, shame Kellie twisted it up.

I loved Dee's explanation to Kellie that being emotional was a part of the female experience & to embrace this side of herself.

Thanks so much for the schedule Kitt!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
In tonight's show, they left out the part saying that those on the scrap heap had to sleep outside because, of course, they had to cave and let Gary (and Frenchy) sleep inside.

Mamabatsy--how do you know that he hasn't paid attention to what he'd been told? People with partial hearing can hear some pitches and sounds better than others, and so it's not really fair to say that they are faking it. I can hear some people quite well, because of the pitch of their voices, and hardly understand others. Background noise also makes a difference.

Then there was that awful scene around the pool where Gary had to leave because that nasty twerp was in the pool. That was really mean.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Gary was brain dead because of all the drug use long before his accident and surgeries. He had the same personality he does now before his brain surgery. He wasn't as hard of hearing as he now is, but that's about all I can see that's changed.

I get what Mamabatsy is saying about what James was trying to tell Gary.

Stormie, I do agree with you re Leslie. He is such a sh*t disturber. Every time someone says something he doesn't like, he runs to everyone and repeats it. So immature. He acts like it's his house. He did not have the right to tell Gary to leave because he (Leslie) was in 'his' pool.

You're right, Will. Leslie telling the GBP to do one thing will cause them to do another. I hope Leslie is soon able to be nommed and goes up and out. Such a prima donna.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I find it funny that it turns out that Leslie is not an actor at all, he played himself on that sitcom all of those years ago.
I guess that's why he has not done much else of substance since, despite having won an Emmy.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
When Gary was on Apprentice he'd pretend not to hear a direction. When someone would tell Trump that Gary didn't do what he was asked (without saying what it was) Gary would pipe up with what the task was and explain that he didn't do it because it was stupid. If he has so much trouble without seeing their lips, how does he hear in the diary room?

I think Leslie is adorable. He's been in many more TV shows than Will and Grace also has been in movies and on Broadway. He tours the country in a one man show and writes for TV and Broadway.

Let him have a decent nights sleep and he'll show his funny side.

Gary expects the world to stop because he is 70. I'm 73. Should I be able to come here and post at TVCH in any manner I want? No, I have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

I have to say that I do not understand why the public and BBOTS think its funny to watch others suffer when some housemates are riling them. I just don't get anyone who finds enjoyment watching Frenchy. She's a worse nightmare than any of the others combined. Why they say she is good entertainment is beyond me.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Flagg, according to IMDB, Leslie Jordan has 109 credits. Only 11 of those credits were for "Will & Grace" where he played a character named Beverley Leslie (not as himself). He's currently appearing in an ad for an episode of the new FX TV show "Partners" with Kelsey Grammer & Martin Lawrence. He's been on many TV series.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430074/

I think Gary has a problem tuning into the British accents. I saw him on Apprentice also and as Mamabatsy stated, he's not as inept as he's portraying here.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Gary doesn't lip read, and BB speaks very clearly in the DR.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Up for eviction are Gary, Kellie, David, James (Frenchie's choice), and Claire. Frenchie saved herself by winning a comp.

It is a vote to SAVE, not a vote to evict which changes things. My guess is David will go, before the show he was thought of as a bit of a prat and he hasn't made much of an impression during the show. If it was vote to evict it would have been between Gary and James.

They are a lot more tolerable now they've got some sleep.

(And James Jordan is NOT like the Brad Pitt of dancing!)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I laughed and laughed at White Dee giving show business advice to Gary.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
He may not be the Brad Pitt of dancing but Gary is no where near and never has been the Brad Pitt level of acting. That during that whole exchange Gary just annoyed me. I think the point James was trying to get across is that in different fields people may be just as important if not more so than Gary is in his. Gary would not let it go that he was a higher level. I am comparing James to a Derek Hough (I am assuming this is a fair comparison) he is someone who is in the living rooms of people for two seasons of dancing a year which to me has more exposure than any film Gary has done recently.

Gary is great at listening when it is something he wants to hear, but not so when it is something he doesn't want to deal with. I am not saying he doesn't have hearing issues but I do believe he plays on it.

The housemates seem to keep trying with him but he keeps pushing away. I felt bad for David trying to help him and Gary just kept being rude.

Frenchy is a bit of a nutter at times, she flies off the handle and really can't seem to gather her self control.

Personally I am hoping both James and Claire stay. Gary will stay and I think it will be David or Kellie to go.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I know this wasn't your point, but James is not a Derek Hough either! He's more like a Maks in that he always thinks he should win and its a fix if someone else does, but unlike Maks where half the viewers like him and half don't, no one likes James. He (James) was finally pushed out of the show because of his constant disrepectfulness and rudeness to the judges. (I hate him, have I said that enough yet? ;))

Kellie won't go on a vote to save. It will be David or Claire. I'm hoping Claire fans know this and will save her. David has no fans ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Christian Bale! He's like the Christian Bale of dancing. Quite talented but awful to work with and everybody hates him.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I thought of that comparison after but can't remember how to spell Maks last name so stuck with Derek..lol.. either which way he was on a top rated show ..love or hate him he was on it.

I don't know if Kellie won't go, as Frank she made a lot of comments and I don't think her change in gender seems to have negated that. Her comment to Leslie about being a little queen kind struck that home.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, he's certainly the most famous of the Brits in the show. I think Gary Busey would still be more famous (as in a bigger name) but maybe it depends what type of movies you watch. My mum didn't know him (Gary), for instance.

I think Kellie's popularity will wane quite sharply but for now she has enough support to save her. What you said (and Nadia Sawalha on BOTS yesterday) is very true, Frank wasn't nice and maybe Kellie isn't much nicer. But I keep thinking how difficult it must be living 60 years as someone you're not, and maybe how thinking how good life would be if you could just be your real self, and then you do it and nothing is like you thought it would be. Even though I'm not sure I like her she really wants to stay and explore this as Kellie, and I don't want to take that away form her yet. Whereas there's little to miss of David apart from his muscles.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched closely this year, did Leslie realize that those he sent to the "scrap heap" were up for eviction? I know the last one chosen was clearly nominated but I didn't realize Gary, Frenchy and Kellie were up for eviction until it was clarified that they & the last one Leslie chose would all be up for eviction. If Leslie really wanted to be "kind", he would put up all the non brits up for eviction, being the first out for a non brit wouldn't carry the stigma it would for a brit but I doubt Leslie even realizes this.

I am so glad it's vote to save, BBAU has made me a convert. I so hate all the big personalities to go & leave us with a house full of boring people.

I've heard of men that deny their homosexual tendencies by immersing themselves into testosterone fueled behavior but I find it strange that someone who feels like a woman trapped in a man's body would be involved in such a testosterone fueled sport as boxing - that just doesn't quite make sense to me.

I think Kellie has a long journey but (like most of us) probably not enough time to figure it all out.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think Leslie knew after he sent Frenchie and Gary there. It was shown on the live feeds that Kellie was pushing to be nominated, that she wanted to go home. Yet her reaction doesn't make sense being that well she basically asked for it? I really don't think Leslie was being mean when he put Kellie out there.

Leslie wouldn't put Stephanie up because she has been an ally in his snipping, and he couldn't put himself up.