TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Summer Season - August 2014: Archive through August 20, 2014 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think he's totally drunk!

Well, let's see the duchess... those Americans may just believe it!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Told ya....Gary.....crazy smilie

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Will I think she might have said contestant...lol..though with that show it was one in the same..it was supposedly one of the fakest "romance" show ever

I think Gary was told she would ask a couple questions but didn't realize the chit chat Emma made was the questions. I think it is going to be a bumpy ride with him.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Poor Gary. I hope he doesn't drive the others nuts.

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
He was in an accident and suffered brain damage so this could be a big problem. I think he was told that Emma had 3 questions for him and he didn't think she asked them yet so was waiting for them. It is kind of sad but it is going to make for a complicated time in the house while he is in there.

It was funny that Emma basically had to walk him into the house and shove him through the door and then close it quickly behind him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
HM#1 re enters as The Duchess of Solihull! She looks very nice but I don't know if she has the concentration to pull it off.

On the other hand, Gary Busey wouldn't notice anything, Frenchy is too self absorbed, and Leslie too polite to say anything, so maybe she will be able to do it!

Is she going to sleep in the same room as the others? Because maybe a duchess wouldn't. And will someone do her hair again in the morning?!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
unfortunately, that's Gary sober

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Well that is that for me...I am not watching BOTS no intention of listening to Helen prattle on, Luisa is bad enough.

I do love Claire asking if she is a look alike ( they could make reference to the fact that they had in Chantell who was a Paris Hilton look alike.)

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I fear they may not pass this, they are all talking about it too much and she sure doesn't carry herself as a royal either.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think the duchess has a wig.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
It's hard for most Americans to tune into many English accents & with Gary being hard of hearing, it will be especially hard.

Unfortunately, Gary's usual response to others is to motor on without having a two way conversation but Gary seems to be having problem with Stephanie's accent, I fear it's down hill from there.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It seems like it might just be awkward, rather than fun. Some people who don't act in what you might think of as a normal way are still very easy to be around, but I think Gary would put me on edge, he has an air like he could do something major at any moment. Perhaps he will relax and people won't be so nervous around him.

I think if the Duchess task is going to be passed Claire will win it for her.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Why the Brits don't understand is most Americans couldn't care less about their royalty. They're not special to us. The exception was Princess Diana and that was because she didn't fit in with them and the Queen & Queen Mother didn't like her so we loved her.

The 'royals' are members of the lucky sperm club and nothing else. Heck, the present royal family isn't even really British. They're German. Changed their name to the 'House of Windsor' from the 'House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha'. We rid ourselves of the English 'royalty' back in 1776 and we're better for it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It always seems like Americans are more enamoured with them than British are, to me. The challenge wasn't to make the Americans worship her, it was simply to make them think she actually is a duchess. Remember, Brits don't tend to take themselves, the Royal family, or anything, too seriously.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Twitter joke:

Keith Chegwin ‏@keithchegwin 10h

Burglar robbed the Celebrity Big Brother House last night. Victims are yet to be identified

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Jbw I am sure there are a lot of people in the UK with that same thinking, and there are many in North America who woke up early to watch Will and Kate get married (myself included went into work at 5:30 in the morning so I could set up the TV). I agree with Kitt it wasn't about making them love her just making them believe she is something she is not.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm getting the message that live streaming has been disabled. Booooooo

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
it's working for me, Puzzled. It's only on a few minutes before/after each show, try again now the show's started. (It started at 2pm today today, it's 1pm the rest of the week.)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Oh,duh,wrong time. :-(

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-)

Deirdre's doing a really good job!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
You know, I'm sorry for the few young ones to be stuck with so many old folks. If things don't get more interesting I may have to forget about this one and only wait for the Aussie to begin.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They need Gary as sleep monitor in every BB!

My bets to win: Leslie, Dee, or George

I also like Claire a lot, and might like some of the others if we were ever to see them.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
That was a fun episode. Took me a while to realise who White Dee was, though, even though I'd seen Benefits Street.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Spunky a few series back they had the same thing, the series where Charlotte won, and Carol McGiffin was one of the older ones and she was the hardest partier.

I am blown away that Gary had no idea who Frenchy was at first because they dated over a couple of years off and on lol. Gary is a very positive person though.

Audley bothered me a bit when he was introducing Kellie he went to try to tell her whole story. I think it should be up to Kellie to tell it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
There was nothing today or maybe I missed it.. but I can't even see the latest hour... Live from the House ??