TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 23, 2004

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2003: General Discussions: Archive through April 23, 2004 users admin

Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Understand this will be starting soon so here is a section for it.

(22)

Wilsonatmd

Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The new season starts Sunday the 27th. The new website isn't reopened until Tuesday, but here's the site none the less (for us nightowls who don't mind the time difference):

http://www.bigbrother.optus.com.au/

(looks like it's gonna be like most BB's are now, limited access for free, juicy stuff and more feeds if you pay. Optus is one of the bigger Australian ISP's from what I've read)

They are really hyping it on the network's website: apparently they have been putting out rumors of the new season, some are true, some are false: here are some of them, with my comments.

-Housemates will wear blindfolds the whole first day (false I think, but maybe they'll blindfold them before the show, and see each other for the first time live)

-The house will be split into First Class and Economy (probably could be true, they did it in England last year, but it didn't go over well, but it's been done elsewhere before)

-There's no doors in the new house (I could see this being true, but how would they do the Diary Room?)

-2 houses: girls vs boys (too much of a Survivor ripoff I think)

-2 housemates have a secret: they're married to each other (This could be VERY interesting if it's true, bring a different spin on it)

-One housemate will be a producer "mole" (again, too ripoffy)

-16 housemates, but only 8 beds (it's been done in other Big Brother houses, forcing people to sleep in the same bed)

-Housemates nominate in front of each other (I could see this happening)

-New contestants enter every week for the first few weeks (Again, could see this happening)

-Cash Prizes awarded every week (maybe)

But this is exciting....their version starting up means our version is getting closer....

Zachsmom

Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zachsmom a private message Print Post    
Big question is..where and/or how can we watch?

Wilsonatmd

Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well the website should have some feeds up....last year there was one "basic" feed available, and the others were part of the pay package. I guess well find out once the website goes live and all.

Wilsonatmd

Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well the site is up....nothing big yet, becuase the series doesn't start til Sunday night their time.....don't know what will be available to non-pay customers yet, but the pass for the series is about $25 once you've done the money conversion and the fee the cards charge.

Zachsmom

Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zachsmom a private message Print Post    
Well..I may just have to watch..I need a BB fix..lol

Thanks Wilson!

Bastable

Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
I can't wait! I just signed up! I may even get the feeds.

Wilsonatmd

Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
well this is intersting....yeah, there are two houses (one with a "Square" motif and one with a "circle" motif). Currently, only one person is in the round house, and five are in the square one..(they only know there's another house, the're no connections between houses yet)....the others aren't in yet. This first week is gonna be interesting.....

Wilsonatmd

Monday, April 28, 2003 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
and they are putting in the other HG's two at a time every day, at least so far, one in each house (so 2 in one, 6 in the other so far)....the HG's who aren't in yet think they aren't going in at all....the eviction nominations are gonna be interesting when they come up....

Bastable

Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Typical! The Aussie feeds won't work for Apple users.

My god, if this happens again this summer to us American viewers, I'm really going to FREAK OUT. It won't be pretty.

Wilsonatmd

Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Big scandal in the house.

A couple of nights ago, one of the HG's while drunk admitted a shocking secret: Her sister is in jail for murder. The problem is, she's a minor. BB had to cut the feeds for a bit while they explained the situation. They told the HG's to pretend it didn't happen.....The network's legal depertment figured out the situation, and they've decided to air the footage, but it won't be shown in the region that the incident occured in, they will recive a different cut of the show. coincidentally, this HG was nominated for eviction this week....and people are saying she might be edited on the show in an effort to get her bounced.

Meanwhile, two people from each side have switched to the other house. One of them will be evicted by a HG vote next week (but will receive $10K as a consolation prize, the winner gets $250K BTW), the other three will be immune from the next regular eviction. Also, next week the houses will come together; a big shower, indoor kitchen (up till now they've cooked outside), and a pool were revealed to be in the area between the two houses.

Bastable

Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Did I read something about a pregnancy scare?

Ducky

Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ducky a private message Print Post    
It was about Regina Regina Here is the link about it.
Regina

Wilsonatmd

Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well, Belinda couldn't take it anymore...she got drunk, got angry at Ben (who she's been having problems with the entire time, he's been making fun of her and turned others against her) and threatened him....BB gave her 2 "strikes" (3 is an automatic nomination, and she was nominated this week)...and she decided she couldn't handle the stress anymore. She walked, the first Australian person to quit the show voluntarily. No word on if this means the evictions for this week will be called off (probably not. I believe in other BB's, if there is a voluntary exit before half the time has passed- They're a little more than a third of the way thru- BB has the right to bring in a substitute.)

Bastable

Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Wow! That's a great news flash! I don't know if someone has walked on an English-language BB for quite a while now. Wasn't UK BB1 the last time?

Wilsonatmd

Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
no...BBUK had 2 people walk last year...one in the first week and the other climved over the wall ond over the roof and escaped...

Bastable

Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Was that last year? Wow, seemed longer than that. I wonder why we've never had that happen in the U.S... I know Chicken George's "Revolution" was a big attempt...

Calico

Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calico a private message Print Post    
it was BBUK3. Sunita left on the 10th/11th day. Sandy escaped by climbing and jumping on the roof.

Bastable

Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's official. Anouska, who was the first contestant to be evicted from the London Big Brother house this summer, has been introduced to the Australian house as a contestant there.

I love that! Why can't we jump into the fray with the other countries?

And it's interesting that they can bring a loser from the UK but they can't seem to find a contestant from WA or the NT!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Okay we need a BB Australia 2004 thread, apparently this show is starting up on Sunday and has live feeds.

Wilson, you need to give us the scoop!!!!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
oops...I misread the date. The show starts Sunday May 2nd, not this Sunday.

From what I hear, there's going to be some sort of modified HOH format, where the HOH has the power to influence who gets put up for the public vote.

Good news is, there will be free streaming this year, instead of a PPV like previous seasons.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh well, at least it is coming soon. Do you have a site address where we can all check it out?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
http://bigbrother.com.au/

You have to register to get access to most of the information...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Okay, I am registered and excited. At least I will be able to understand these guys. Spain and Puerto Rico were fun to watch but I never had a clue what was going on!!!!!

Hamsterlady

07-03-2003

Friday, April 23, 2004 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hamsterlady a private message Print Post    
I'm signed up too! Can't wait to get my fix....:-)

And all free feeds! Yippeeee!