TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: SPOILERS for BBAU 2013: Archive through October 18, 2013 users admin

Bee

09-14-2009

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
World First Shock Exit! Housemate Makes The Ultimate Sacrifice

I think the key word is Housemate and not Intruder. I know the women intruders are still considered intruders..but is Nathan a Housemate or Intruder now?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Nathan is a housemate. They threw that pool party to celebrate his status change from intruder to housemate.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I meant to include this in my last post.

Alex tweeted IT's not the dog.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Nathan's a smoker & has been put on patches but I can't see that really helping someone who doesn't want to quit. He's no big fan of the show & he doesn't seem like he really wants to be there. So I wouldn't be surprised if he quit.

I wouldn't think a walker would be considered making a "game-changing sacrifice" but they do spin things for drama. The latest ad says one HM sacrifices themselves for another.

https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherAU

One poster said which makes the most sense to me - I believe the "world first" is more that this is a "sacrifice" rather than a housemate simply calling it quits. It implies that whoever has left has given up their spot so that another can stay. In this case, if it is Nathan, it would be a sacrifice so that both Maddie & Boog can stay & survive the intruder eviction.

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2013/10/looks-like-nathan-has-walked/#more-6503

*I* hope they bring back Justynn instead!

I hope it's Nathan at least. I would hate for the rest to give up, I know they've all had some low days lately.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
New to the forum here!

I think it's probably a lot of hype and my guess would be Nathan, since I'm pretty sure he said he only wanted to be there for two weeks; he knows he has no chance of winning. IMO If he decided to leave because he's tired of it or bored or doesn't like it, he should just leave. Making him sound like a hero giving up his spot to one of the other intruders just irks me .... (if this is in fact the scenario, LOL!)

If one of the regular housemates left, I would consider that game changing, but Nathan leaving? I don't think it's going to change anything.

Bee

09-14-2009

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
I agree, if it's Nathan taking the walk then it is not game changing. He would have been the next HM to go anyway.

I'm on pins and needles to find out though:-)

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I agree it must be Nathan. The ads keep saying "One housemate will sacrifice themself for another." That doesn't sound like Tahan at all. If they'd said "One housemate just couldn't be bothered anymore," then I'd think Tahan. It must be Nathan sacrificing himself for the intruders (and because he's struggling in the house anyway). I really can't imagine any of the housemates assuming they know who among the nominated needs to be saved and throwing in the towel for them. They wouldn't give up after months of this, just to buy someone one more week in the house. Nathan's the most likely since he hasn't invested as much, and can probably see that the girl intruders are both adjusting easier.

It sure is intriguing.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Every one thinks its Nathan. But Goon (who claims to have inside knowledge) says it is not someone we would expect. So it wouldn't be Nathan ...

OMG

I can't believe BB would allow a HM to sacrifice themselves for another HM that should be BB option not the HM option.

I'm guessing it's Jade, she was really out of sorts during the last few clips.

Maybe the clip of her said, I can't believe I f'ing just did that.

Bee

09-14-2009

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 2:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
Ohhh I hope it is not Jade. She is one of my very faves:-(

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Just read this article suggesting it might be Drew, based on a tweeted photo. http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/511741/20131007/big-brother-australia-nathan-drew-boog-madaline.htm#.UlJ9UGYpDMI

It's probably just some guy with similar hair, though.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
LOL... so it was Nathan as suspected at first. It all makes sense, but BB played for the ratings keeping it such a secret.. Job well done Big Brotha!!!!

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
It's Nathan. Big whoop! Well, it is for Madaline. Interesting that the house voted for her to stay but Australia wanted Boog. I do think it's unfortunate that they are asked to vote before they see much footage of the intruders so it's really based on first impressions. I'm very happy Nathan gave his place to her.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet, but saw the clip of the eviction .... I still can't give props to Nathan for "sacrificing" his place for one of the intruders. I think he should have quit (which is what he did) and let one of the intruders go as was planned. Or maybe he could have waited until the next eviction and gallantly take an original housemate off the block ... oh but, that's not how it works. So why did they allow him to do it now??

I have to say though, that I love BBAU!! So different than BBUS. I couldn't stand any of them after a certain point but I have to say I like (or at least don't terribly dislike) all the characters that have been on this BBAU show. Some get on my nerves at points, but then they do something endearing. Well, except Tully.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Nathan sacrificing himself so both the female intruders stay, means that next weeks eviction which was most likely him leaving, will now end up being one of the original HM's, since Madaline and Boog will be immune from nominations this week. so that is pretty game-changing.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I apologize for being a party to spreading totally unfounded rumors. I was under the impression that "Goon" was a reliable source, but apparently he's not.

per Goon -

I build the suspense.

How boring if I said Nathan had left. The Topic would have been over 30mins after I said it.

By building it up, here it is 3 days after and it's still being talked...

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Nathan gave Maddie his place. Is there a possiblilty that she will be up for nomination and have a vote?

Also I'm reading there was a Showdown. The winner gets a night in the Presidential Suite - and what else?
I thought Sonia said no more saves.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Maddie was put "in the doghouse" for saying something from the outside world. This is the first punishment I've seen this year (other than the push ups)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Cinnabarry,

there was talk that beside the PS the winner of the showdown gets the superpower. That would make much much more sense to me.

Otherwise Jade will have a again a superpower when and if Ed leaves. Let's hope the rumour that the winner gets the superpower is true. (looks like rumours are mostly true down there, like Nathan's leaving).

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
and I'm really going to give up on this... Mikka won the superpower with the showdown. Nine lives, right? She can't get 10 lives can she? So sick of it.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I see that BB gave Ed and Jade a date in the Garden of Eden and Ed's been featured in a lot of the clips since the last eviction. Ed-in-your-face = votes to save Ed, I hope not! That date will garner some votes for him; I just hope not enough.

Right now Centrebet has Ed @ 1.08 and Drew @ 5.50. Sportsbet has Ed - 1.20 and Drew - 4.00. Tahan is next @ 7.50 and 6.00.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Let's hope that BB knows Ed will go and they want to get their last romantic date between Ed & Jade before he leaves.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
When Drew said... I'm the only guy left with the girls.... So, why would Ed take Tim to the Presidential Suite... It's obvious then that Tim won the showdown and took Ed. Why would he take Ed and not Mad or Boog?? Srange fellow...

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm really surprised at the betting odds -

Centrebet and Sportingbet:

Mikkayla 1.20
Boog 3.50
Tahan 11.00

Sportsbet:

Mikkayla 1.50
Boog 2.50
Tahan 9.00

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, good for Tim!!! Winner of the final showdown!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
WOW!

per "live feed" clips -

HMs learn about this week’s Freeze & Release Task. When Big Brother says "Freeze", Housemates will have to pause what they are doing and not move until BB says "Release"!

HMs must remain in position like statues, no matter what happens while they are frozen.

To pass the task HMs must remain frozen under any circumstances. And only one instance of rule-breaking will result in a failed Task – and an automatic Nomination for that individual!

---

Tully is suppose to be returning to the house (I assume for this task) & tell a secret. Of course, "the secret" could be that there is only 2 weeks left til the finale or it could be to tell Drew her single status??}