TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 06, 2013 users admin

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
That is a shame because I liked the showdowns.

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Spunky. Live Feeds? Where can you find Live Feeds BBAUS? (I watch episodes on youtube.)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm glad they don't have all the competitions that BB US has. They drag them out by cutting in with DR comments like, "I went into the back yard and saw..." I have to win or I'll go home--blah, blah, blah.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Jabel...
this is the link that Willwillbee provided in the spoiler thread. You can click and then go to the last page which is the more recent live feeds. Those are only clips, give time for the player to connect, a bit slow in the beginning.

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49543-BB2013-Live-Feed-Updates-%28DISCUSSION-NOT-ALLOWED%29/page26

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Spunky I think a showmance has an actual relationship to it, both parties participating in it, this shamance is basically Ed leading Jade on with oh kisses when no one can see us but denying anything is real that she shouldn't wait for him. He is no more Prince Charming than I am a stunning supermodel.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
oh thanks Kellee, really didn't know that. They say love is blind and someone should pinch Jade and tell her "Snap out of it!!", what will it take to show this girl Ed is just not into her? The guy snores and keeps Jade awake but she doesn't mind that at all, she sees Ed's flaws but still loves him. She's very determined to stick with him no matter what.

I heard Ed has promised Jade a 'date' outside the house and maybe something will really bloom... who knows.

I saw few polls and they say Ed will be evicted. It would be funny to see Ed leave when Jade has a superpower, but just couldn't save him.

I was thinking if Tahan had given 4 to Mikk and 1 to Ed he may have stayed safe after all. So, maybe giving those 2 to Ed did the trick to get him on the block.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, thanks for the warm welcome. I have to admit that I did fast forward through a bit of the late night feasts. Except for the one where the girls were screaming at each other.

I don't know why those people are so confused about Ben. He occasionally plays up to the cameras. So does everyone else in that house, right? It's what BB contestants do when they're bored, and especially when they know the public is voting for them. They're all very conscious of public perception, especially when they talk about Ed.

I looked at the photos on the Facebook page and don't see any smoking gun there that would explain the reactions of some of those posters at that other forum. I see Ben with his friends and co-workers doing the same kind of goofy stuff he does in the house. Did these people think he just suddenly became funny after he went in the house? I don't get it. I do wish he'd find better reasons for nominating people. Getting offended by Ed for how his meal was handled was so petty. Does Big Brother ever not accept a nomination?

The "shamance" between Ed and Jade is just not interesting enough to keep Ed in the house, in my opinion. If the Tully and Drew soap opera wasn't enough to save Tully, it's hard to imagine Ed and Jade will be inspiring people to vote. Unless they're hoping Madaline will stay and cause some drama there. It doesn't sound like she's interested, though. They should've sent her in much sooner.

I haven't enjoyed a BB US season since season 5. Well, really since season 2. I'd given up watching them after it became the Janelle show, but I tuned back in this year when I saw the headlines and saw what it had devolved into. So I'm loving this Australian version and wouldn't change a bit of it, either. They have plenty of tasks to keep them busy even without the showdown. Although I'm surprised they're not still offering it if only for the night in the presidential suite.

Is there more than one Big Brother? Sometimes I think the voice sounds a bit different. Like sometimes he sounds more like the fish in the drain, while other times he sounds much more...flirty. It couldn't just be one guy working from sunrise to bedtime, could it?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Jabelljba, BBAU doesn't have live feeds but they release info & video clips & call them "live feed" updates.

Curlyq, I posted a link to a picture previously in this thread of the Big Brother voices (but I think you have to register to the site to view it) there are 3 main BB but there are others manning the helm off hours as we've heard with a recent female BB voice.

The main voice of Big Brother is that of Leon Murray. Here is his show reel - His regular voice doesn't even sound like his BB voice & he sure doesn't look like I would have expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhjkTe96pxI

When watching seasons of BBAU, I would always skip the Friday Night Showdown so I don't much miss the hour long comp. Some were funny but after awhile they just became silliness.

The pic that has everyone stirred up about Ben is the third oldest picture of him with his tongue sticking out. It could be just one of his "characters" but his horndog stance & demeanor sure didn't jive with the nervous, childish, anxiety ridden, lost soul we've been presented with.

Is this stand up comedienne the same Ben we see? Possibly according to comments on that facebook page.

http://www.samesame.com.au/reviews/3...-heLp-word.htm

What happens when three lesbians and a poof get together? You get one of the funniest nights of stand-up comedy in the land.

Ben Zabel was the first stand-up and instantly had the crowd loving him. He’s a kinda unusual looking guy and this is his comic strength, with a gently self-depreciating streak bringing everyone on side.

Spunky, I don't know if I made up the word "shamance" or if I've seen it somewhere else but Jade & Ed don't have even a semblance of a showmance (romance just for the show) it's more of a "sham" mance (so unreal it can't hardly be faked)

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
This is the Ben pic I meant, I didn't know I could link just one pic -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151555570331872&set=o.193865524113819&type=3&theater

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So Ben is a stand up comic?

Is there anyone in there that hasn't lied about their occupation? Are they all actors, comics and radio DJs?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
You forgot professional sports player (Ed) and model (Jade who was also on Italy's Top Model apparently.

By the way, the clown a few episodes ago, was that the guy who does the BB voice? It looked like him.

Okay, how mean did Jade and Mikaila seem today? Having lost my sweet kitty cat today I can't see how people can joke about death.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Jade: I wish she would fall in a hole and die. Mikkayla: Kick dirt over her and bury her.... Or somethng like that. Jade then did say she doesn't want anybody to die = Tahan's just kidding after making some of
her own comments.

Sounds much better than the equivalent of BBUS HG's comments though. How mean is mean?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Where is Kitt hiding out?

Lying about occupations on BB is nothing new, most downplay their careers. People will nominate them because they don't need the money. I was surprised the lawyer admitted her job but intruders have almost no chance of winning so it wouldn't have been a stumbling block.

Tim has been a DJ & presenter but I think he was currently unemployed. He may take classes here & there & consider himself a student as well. I'm sure the Rianna's airplane streaking stunt was for his own publicity.

I don't doubt Ben did one stand up gig & he probably always has been a natural performer or one who hides behind characters but I really think what we see is a very large part of his true character. I doubt if being an entertainer or comic is his calling. I really don't think he has a driving force but maybe this will give him a direction.

His breakdown with Tim in the bathroom recently about having nothing after BB seemed quite genuine.

Jade quit the second episode of Italy's Next Top Model apparently after doing fairly well saying it just wasn't for her.

I think they are all capable & would do well as a Ben/comic/TV, Jade/model, Tim/radio/TV but I just don't think Ben & Jade have the confidence & burning desire to make it work. You have to do a lot of work at these type of professions. It's not like you get a job & just show up every day. It's constantly looking for work, for the next gig. They probably can & will get representatives to manage their careers after BB but without the willingness to do much more than just show up, they will soon fizzle.

Cinnabarry, you are right, these folks don't know anything about being mean but I guess when all you have to do is dwell on slights they become magnified.

Hugs Rehtse, sorry about your loss of your kitty. I hope you can celebrate how much happiness you had with your kitty. This milk/kitty episode must have been especially tough on you.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Who thinks Tim's declarations of love are BS???

I'm assuming he's trying to influence voter choices but from one poll I've seen, Boog had a much better chance than Madeline. Madeline barely scored higher than "neither".

I guess they are following Nathan's way to be an intruder, hide & hope no one notices you there. I don't know what they could do to really keep themselves there other than coming on to one of the boys.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Ben did a stand up act in 2006 but apparently not much since. His humor about Bert & Patti (who???) didn't translate well.

In 2006, his comedy act was billed as growing up gay with a physically absent father & an emotionally absent mother

which seems strange with his ties to his mother, Margaret but maybe Nana raised him & he didn't get close to his mother til later in life.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the links! My old monitor is so dim I can barely make out Ben's face in that photo, but I can see he had more of a tummy back then.

I can't believe that is the voice of Big Brother! That's the one I thought sounded flirty. He looks like a high school kid! No wonder he has fun playing along with their silliness. I thought it would be a much older man.

It has always bugged me when the "Sugar Sisters" and Jade and Mikkayla would complain all the live-long day about Tahan being negative and saying nasty things about people. It never occurred to them that they were being negative about her. And once again Mikkayla takes something she hears and reports it back to someone else with her own nasty twist on the way it was said. She takes a comment about the nominees wanting to go up against strong players and turns it into an intentional insult against those not nominated. And for Jade to say if Tahan died she wouldn't care was ridiculous. How do you take that "out of context?" True she did clarify that she didn't want Tahan to die, but if she did die she wouldn't care.

Tahan should've called her on how she cared more about finding out who leaked this than dealing with what she said. Drew is really stirring things up lately, playing everyone against each other. First with Tim and Ed, and now the girls. At least he had the decency to speak up when Boog was about to get blamed.

I don't see much difference between either of the female intruders. They'll probably just be voted out as soon as possible. They're nice and they're trying, but it's a bit like the Sugar Sisters. Too late and not exciting enough to make up for it.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
This is been so refreshing! I spend a lot of time catching up with big brother Australia and I am so impressed. I wish the US BB would check this out and get some new ideas. It is so great to see all of you guys here!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Welcome to the forum Needlenose! Glad you could join us!

per Mike Goldman (:55) from now on there will be no swapping, sacrificing or saving. Tahan nom 7 of 9 weeks. Next week is double eviction week - girl intruder eviction Monday & regular eviction Wednesday.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Okay, how mean did Jade and Mikaila seem today? Having lost my sweet kitty cat today I can't see how people can joke about death.

Very mean, Rehtse. So sorry about the loss of your cat today.

What made the mean girls even worse is they never really apologized to Tehan. Instead, Jade turned it around on Drew and it was all his fault. She is not taking any responsibility for what she said about Tehan, nor is Mikkayla about the 'kicking dirt' comment. Jade did admit in the bedroom it was wrong to say and then said....but..blah, blah, blah. It would be wonderful if BB showed the clip of what they actually said.

I used to really like Jade and Mikkayla, but those two can't leave the house soon enough for me now. Too bad they aren't up for eviction. Maybe that's why they think they can go after Tehan like that.

Don't they watch Survivor? Tehan and Tim were just saying what the host on Survivor says. These girls took that and went way overboard in their response. Their jealousy of Tehan is so easy to see. It's not attractive.

Jade seems like she's been spoiled most of her life.

Willwillbee, yes..Tim loves the girl of the week. He says it to get attention from BB and the audience.

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Jade made the remark in response to Mikayla who was repeating a conversation she'd overheard, and she was repeating it in an inaccurate and mean way, to Jade (Tahon and Tim talking in the bathroom, about nominations). Mikayla was doing her "stirring things up" when she reported the conversation. Tahon should have asked Jade what she was responding to when she made that remark.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
I am also sorry that Mikkayla and Jade aren't up. I am a first Tim, (love his brain and energy) then Tahan, (love her brain and beauty) then Benny, (love his brain and wit) followed by Drew, (love his brain and charm) fan. I think perhaps it is time for Ed to go . . .

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, good for Drew to actually bring to light the mean streak of Jade and Mikkayla towards Tahan, I guess in the Aussie house it's a big deal, Big Brotha could award a 'strike' for offensive talk, but as I'm so used to that kind of talk in the US version I feel a bit 'jaded' in this case. One thing this has showed me, that without Big Brotha's rules the Aussie version could easily become the same type of house we see in the US BB. I hope Tahan will have a chance to see what kinds of insults were thrown at Elissa and see the difference. But it was good of her to take advantage of the BB rule and make it an issue instead of keeping quiet about it.

I noticed a 'cool down' in the Jade/Ed relationship, or at least I don't see them smooching as much. Jade so close to Mikka is turning some viewers against these two girls, because of their negative energy, it's becoming too obvious that their attacks on Tahan are more personal than strategy.

One thing I didn't expect to see Tahan crying so much in the DR, some play the victim to get the support of the audience, but she truly seemed hurt by the constant attacks and pressure, I did prefer her when she said in the DR... "game on!" or 'bring it on', something like that, the fighting spirit she had earlier on, this crying game is touching however, Big Brotha could have ignored that but they aired her breaking down in the DR and it means Big Brotha is trying to get the audience to support Tahan. Who knows?

So, if Ed is playing so under the radar this week that the audience forget about him will he stay? My order of eviction is already so out of sync with what is happening... my next to go was supposed to be Nathan or Mikka... darn!!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
One thing I didn't expect to see Tahan crying so much in the DR, some play the victim to get the support of the audience

Spunky, she has been so tough this whole game, but with these two getting together and being so mean, she's just tired. She's not doing it for any sympathy from the audience, but rather her spirit is breaking and I feel bad for her. She's owned her own forthrightness and what she's said and has taken things in stride before, but now that the two mean girls are personally going after her, it's getting to her.

Jabeljba, your correct in that Jade was responding to Mikkayla's snarky way of repeating the convo she overheard. I don't get why Mikkayla is so nasty these days.

Willwillbee....where is Kitt? Are you out there, Kitt....are you okay?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Monday's show will be airing 90 minutes later than normal & may also be effected by their daylight savings time. I don't know if this will effect uploaders but it might. So we may have to be patient.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hi guys, yes I'm fine, thank you! Just (at 1am) caught up with the show and now the thread... got my mum visiting so got way behind (and will get behind again no doubt).

They did say on one of the shows that last week's Showdown was the last, so no more saves.

Has everyone noticed that the nominations superpower has become extremely effective at saving the person who has it? No one dares nominate the noms superpower holder for fear the noms superpower holder will know they did it! That plus they get to often gain a lot of info makes it a huge tool I think.

I think Tahan has a had a big life experience in all this if she allows herself to see it. She was so mean at the beginning then had to live with the people she was mean to. She doesn't like it when they don't like her but why would they given her early behaviour? I wish the others wouldn't have become mean themselves, but I hope in the end Tahan will have learnt something from it and will come out a much nicer person.

I don't see a difference between past Ben and this Ben. Ben's a gentle soul but I don't think he's helpless or miserable, it just took a while for the others to understand him and some of them decided he needed to be mothered when he didn't.

I wish Drew wasn't turning into a bit of stirrer. I liked him so much early on. And he's so pretty.

I think Tahan's fans will make an extra effort to save her and she'll be safe this week. If Ed's people vote to save him too Drew will be out.

By the way, you all saying "Big Brotha" for the Aussie BB makes me smile. To Brits (and presumably Aussies) the US BB is "Big Brotherrrurrr" with too much emphasis on the "r" at the end.

Must go to bed!