TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 03, 2013 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cricket, did Sonia say this tonight or another time -
Sonia said either Boog or Madeline will be evicted via the audience on Monday night.

I had got the impression from others that this was said another time - I missed it & was curious & would have thought I would have noted it if it was on tonight's show.

I assume they are doing the female intruders like they did the guys. I hope they let them know before going in that they only had a few days to make a big impression. The guys went in Tuesday night & were out by Friday night - so they barely got 3 days.

I don't think people voted for Nathan, I think they voted against Justynn. I'm really disappointed in Nathan's attitude right now. He seems to be withdrawing from the HM. Hopefully he'll be eligible for eviction also.

I thought the intruders were nom fodder - easy targets for the HM.

Did anyone catch this? I couldn't make it out even after rewinding many times -
Tim, massager & sooth sayer. To female intruders you will meet good looking men, a special man who has hair like ??? Did he say magic noodle ??

I had to rewatch again after reading this posting, I wasn't listening close enough the first time to notice the type of power -

Sonia said the superpower was that Jade will be able to see 3 HGs nominations histories... She will get to see that Ed nominated her the week after he put her up.... how are her rose colored glasses going to hold up

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They never got rid of the superpower, they just didnt give it last week.
There were no nominations, hence no way to award a "nominations superpower".

Doesn't really matter either way, as the "superpower" has not made much of a difference this season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
About Tim and Tahan... I don't know what Tim is really telling Mikkayla, is Tim trying to keep Tahan on Mikk's radar or is he trying to stay off her radar?? Because Tim is playing the same game with Tahan, making her feel they're friends when in fact Tim is doing a bit of floating there... and he really doesn't need to do that, he should have better and bigger fish to fry.. he should know that Tahan and Mikkayla will always go after each other, so I don't understand why Tim is even trying to go from one girl to the other with his thinking. Those two girls are not Tim's competition, for sure. Tim should worry about Ben, Jade and Drew, not so much Ed, and yet Tim is more concerned about Ed. Something is off in his reasoning.

It's too bad that I can't quite understand every word they speak, yet I have no problem with the presenters of the show or Big Brotha's voice. I think I'm losing a lot of laughs simply because I can't understand every word. I had to listen to the imitations in the DR at least 3 times to understand better, and during the massages I just couldn't understand Tim's jokes at all. They must have been funny. I wonder if the massage was an idea of Big Brotha or Tim's idea.

Now, as you are saying that one of the female intruders will be voted out on Monday, and it looks like it's going to be the lawyer (too bad, I like her more than Boog), this means that Boog will not be up for eviction (as Nathan wasn't). So the only intruder that could be evicted is Nathan, I'm sure Tim will nominate him and maybe Drew will nominate him as well. If somehow Mikk stays off the block, then I really hope Nathan goes.
Australians, give the original cast a break!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket, did Sonia say this tonight or another time -
Sonia said either Boog or Madeline will be evicted via the audience on Monday night.

Willwillbee, she said it at the end of the eviction show...today's show. I don't get it.

I went back to be sure I heard it right and this is exactly what she said:

Sonia on Oct. 2nd show:

Super Power: Jade will open the secret noms from three houseguests.

Either Boog or Madeline will be evicted by your hand on Monday night. (She was speaking to the audience and the viewers)

Mean girls...Tehan made sweet treats and after she left Mikkala managed to say something not so nice. She will miss the twins because who else will be okay with how she acts these days? Hmmm, the Sugar Sisters weren't so sweet afterall. Seems they hid behind Mikkala's not so nice comments. Video below.

http://content4.catalog.video.msn.co...a28a3bd7a0.mp4

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I had trouble with the accents the first couple seasons, but after all these years of BB and watching other Australian and New Zealand TV, I have no trouble understanding them any more.

The constant up-speak (raise in inflection like every sentence is a question) and cutting off sentences with "...and, yeah." still annoys the hell out of me though. Even the alleged lawyer does it and she should know better.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I loved this last episode, specifically Tahan & Ben and the massages. Are there YouTube links for these segments?

In one of the BBAU threads, they were discussing a posted clip of Ben but it only showed the little box w/the question mark and I couldn't access it. By the posts, I assumed it showed Ben being more like he was with Tahan in their duo plea for the HG's votes, though I could be wrong. Did anyone come across that?

I also noticed a couple of posters said they had spent $180.00 and $200.00 voting. Really??? OMg!

How much will Jade's superpower affect the game? Only her vote, right? She will be instructed not to discuss it.
My guess is that Tahan will be nommed. It's funny that the projections are that Ed will nominate Tim and Drew
and none will nominate Ben. I've liked Drew from the start but I don't think his game play is too swift. Still, I want
him to stay. I'd like him, Tim and Tahan in the final three, but Ben is going to win. Voters don't seem to want a game player, do you agree?

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Apologies if this has been posted. This proves Tim is the most genuine of the HG's. Tim is Tim.

http://youtu.be/_wSNui6LIzY
The Rihanna Streaker Speaks! - Rihanna 777 Tour

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Genuine? I hope you are being sarcastic.

He is a genuine liar. He went into the show claiming he was a student. Not one word about being a radio or TV personality.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Picture of Ben (I assume as a flight attendant)

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49948-Day-66-%28Wed-2-10-13%29-Live-Eviction-8-%2890m%29/page48&p=1725576#post1725576

summed up by a poster - Mmmmmm this does NOT look like a querulous, anxious, baby boy, man child, mummy's boy

Another posted said - If I recall correctly someone here is mates with someone who used to work with Ben as a flight attendant. Said he's a total catty IRL lol.

Ran into an old friend whilst at lunch today who used to work with Ben at Virgin. Confirmed what we've all suspected that he is in fact putting on a complete act. He's not as timid as he'd have us believe and can in fact be a quite a at times, he's also not as hopeless or sad as he portrays.

Tim has hair like MAGGI noodles
(I'm guessing it's ramen noodles - must be an Australian thing)

Tim and Drew's Day Spa Sensation

Relax. Take a load off. And unwind with some, er, porridge on your face...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPtqWH9j48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cxfJDhzLqA

Clips -

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49543-BB2013-Live-Feed-Updates-%28DISCUSSION-NOT-ALLOWED%29/page37

http://www.youtube.com/user/xxAUTVxx/videos

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Whew! Finally caught up. Can't believe I watched 62 episodes in two weeks. It was that addicting. This Big Brother is so much better than the US version! Mainly because there actually is a Big Brother in this one, and he plays his part so well.

The only thing that puzzles me is why they all keep talking about strategy and playing the game when it's all up to the audience vote anyway, and they can't even discuss their nominations with each other. In the end the audience favorite will always survive and make it to the end. That has to be either Tim or Ben.

I think of Ben as sort of a mascot for the show. He doesn't get involved with the drama but just provides warmth and occasional comedy bits. If he has been putting on an act, that's pretty impressive considering he's been keeping it up 24/7 for months.

Not loving the intruder idea. It's like the never ending contest. They've had like 21 people in the house already. Way too many contestants. Maybe if they'd introduced them a week or two earlier it wouldn't be so bad. It just feels too late in the game to bring in even more people.

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I have a question do they have a curfew on when to go to bed. I noticed they all seem to go to bed at the same time. Just before the lights go out in the bedroom. I did read they are not allowed to take naps during the day.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree, I had trouble accepting the intruders into the game and my tolerance point is contained just because they evict one of them after a few days, but still it adds two permanent intruders after too many weeks when the others have been under stress with constant nominations and longer captivity (well, if you call that captivity, I'll do that any time LOL). Although they can't talk about outside events they still could have a good idea how they are perceived by the audience and could base their nominations on that knowledge, so in a sense they do influence the game. This is why I think it's good if the original cast targets the intruders instead of each other. But Mikk and Tahan only target each other and hopefully Tim and Drew target Nathan. Boog cannot be up for eviction yet (as Nathan wasn't).

Curly, when you say they 'all keep talking about strategy and playing the game when it's all up the audience vote anyway', I am actually surprised that there isn't much talk about strategy because they seem so fearful of making the mistake of influencing nominations (like Caleb did) and although I love the Aussie version more than the Us one, I feel that it would drive me nuts not being able to ask questions about what they intend to do with their nominations, maybe I'm so used to the US house where the only thing they talk about is who they'll nominate and who they'll evict and it's constantly game talk in the US house (this is the only good thing of the US versus the Aussie BB). I miss the game talk, of course they can make you understand in so many ways how they'll nominate, it's so obvious with Tahan and Mikkayla, but I was surprised when they went to the nomination booth and gave their reasoning for their nominations (this earlier on in the game) as I couldn't figure it out at all from their interaction in the house. Those nominating Ben in the beginning, for example, I was surprised.

I think they like to fill up the house to keep it animated and not go down to the boring mood we see in the US house when they are down to just a few HM.

One really good thing about the Aussie version is "Big Brotha" playing his part so well, as you said.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Florin,
I was very surprised to see the 'orderly' schedule of the house, bedtime at a reasonable hour and early rise for milking the cow.. wow! Talk about chores! If that is a rule I'm not sure but they seem to comply very well... we're used to see them up till 4 am in the US house and up just before noon and so I was surprised to see how they all comply to bedtime hour and how they get them up early... (how I envy them when I see how sleepy they are in the morning... reminds me I was just like that at their age, while now I seem to be up at 6 am !!!!! with no problem).

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
omygod!!!! Tim was the streaker on the plane!!!!! I had heard about it watching Entertainment Tonight, and I said there are crazy people out there and now I know it was Tim!! How crazy is that???

Maybe he was picked to be in the BB House because of that! They knew he would add fun to the house... and he does like to streak in the house as well... LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The nominations show is up on youtube if you want to see it. You have to do a bit of digging because whoever uploads it doesn't allow to be up on the list, you'll have to scroll down and you'll find it.

No big surprises here if you follow the live feeds, only that Jade could not save Ed, she did try but he just got too many points. I think if Jade didn't shred tim's nominations, Ed would be in Ben's place at 7. Jade shred Tim's nomination which had 3 votes for Ed. But because of a tie we ended up with so many on the block instead of the 3.

So, it's going to be between Drew and Tahan. Which one Australians will save... I think they'll keep Ed for his showmance with Jade.
I don't mind Drew going since he's got the most points against Tahan. Drew is reading her all wrong, I think.

You noticed as soon as the nominations were over Big Brotha started to show all the funny clips about Tim. I don't think Tim needs any help from Big Brotha. In the meantime by allowing those boring Intruders a free pass we will see one of the strong originals go. I don't like it but this is upside down country... or whatever, Australia does it all topsy turvy.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Curlyq - Welcome to the wonderful world of BBAU! Perfect for a BB addict lol. 62 episodes in 14 days is almost 5hrs a day, that's dedication!

Strategy can be putting the one they want to go against Tim & Ben but with BBAU point system, it's really hard to be strategic. One thing I don't like about BBUK & BBAU that they have to talk badly about people instead of talking about noms. It's not quite so prevalent in BBAU luckily.

They are allowed to nom for strategy, just not allowed to discuss it with other HM.

BBAU is *very* strict about nom talk or any hint of nom talk. They will evict a HM for nom talk, not just threaten them like in other houses.

Florin, I don't think they have a curfew but they do have to be up at a certain time & are not allowed to sleep during the day. The other day they were in bed at 11ish.

I believe Ed's twin brother is doing the most to keep Ed in. He had a raffle at one point (I don't know if he still does) for a chance at a date with Ed for anyone who would spend $50 to save Ed.

Unless his twin puts a lot of money into saving Ed, I think he'll be gone. I don't think people appreciate his shamance with Jade (not to be confused with a shomance)

I think Tahan & Drew have large fan bases (judging by past evictions) & of course Ben & Tim definitely do. I think Tahan has been up most weeks.

---

all intruders are exempt from noms & nomming

Only 7 HM are up for eviction

Only 3 HM consistently nom for strategy
Drew, Jade & Ed

Drew is least nom with 6 points all from Ed

Tahan is most nom with 69 points 1/3 from the sis

All 6 of Tim's noms have been evicted 6wks in a row

---

Jade's superpower - the auditor

can review 3 HM noms & destroy 1

*Tim - Ed 3 Drew 2 - destroyed by Jade
*Ben - Tim 3 Ed 2
Drew- Tahan 3 Ben 2
*Tahan-Ed 2 Mik 3
Ed - Drew 4 Tim 1
Mik - Tim 3 Tahan 2
Jade- Tahan 3 Ben 2

Before Jade's superpower nullifying Tim's noms -
Tahan 8
Ed 7
Tim 7

*Ben Tim Tahan were the 3 noms Jade reviewed with her superpower
Tim's nom (Ed 3 Drew 2) destroyed by Jade

8 Tahan
7 Tim
4 Ben
4 Drew
4 Ed

Wednesday eviction no swaps, no saves, noms are final

People were speculating that Jade's superpower would allow access to HM past histories but not so.

Monday Boog or Madeline will be evicted (probably by a poll)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So Jade's "superpower" did not save Ed but also put Ben and Drew up.

Another useless, much less than "super" power. Well at least it put Ben up but he wont go anywhere, he has the public fooled.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So imagine if Tahan had given 4 points to Mikk instead of 3 she would have been up there with 4 points since Jade would not have wanted to save Mikk over Ed.

I still don't agree why Nathan would not be up for nomination when he was declared permanent HM. They're given a very strong advantage if next week also Boog won't be up for eviction.

What does it mean no swap or saves, noms are finale. Does it mean that we won't have a Showdown anymore so that the winner can save himself?

Where is the reward for winning competitions if you can't play to stay in the game.

The fact that they're putting Ben up is that they want to make sure the ones you really want out have a better chance of going against Ben. It was like Tahan should have done by keeping the sisters, Mikk would have been gone already.

Flagg, I thought it amazing that Jade actually caused Ben and Drew to be up. I laughed. But Jade is starting to realize that she may lose Ed after all.

What's the difference between shomance and shamance (this is the first time I heard this word). I believe Australians want to see Ed and Jade since they're the only ones who have something going in the house and the intruders seem to be harmless.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Spunky,
Since Showdown would have been today and they had nominations instead, I guess there are no more showdowns.

It was getting progressively shorter and cheaper every week, so ratings must have been bad.

It is funny how they never even mentioned it. I guess they want people to forget it ever existed.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Flagg, you may be right and we won't have Showdown anymore. But don't you find it strange not to compete to stay in the game. I mean it is a big deal in the US BB to compete to win and stay in the game and it should be mandatory for every BB in the world to have competitions, otherwise what kind of game is this... smile and be pretty for the Australians to vote??

So, I have two + for US BB, game talk and strong competitions to stay in the game. These two things are sorely missed in the Aussie version, I like everything else though.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Nathan was up for eviction on Monday, like the female intruders next Monday. In the past, intruders usually get a pass the first week to allow people to get to know them. Everyone knows they are nom fodder & at the rate Nathan is going he will be out soon enough. I'm glad that both intruders won't be up together so soon. If Nathan goes the week after next, there will only be one intruder left to nom.

I wish there was a female put in for Tim to try to protect but I think he's stuck on Jade & may be why he's trying to get Ed out.

Tim has predicted the evictee every week so far. Maybe he thought nom Drew next to Ed would guarantee Ed going??? I don't think he wants Drew to go.

I wonder if Jade can keep the noms to herself. I think she will lash out at people.

Luckily, there is one last chance to cull out the original HM before the intruders get tossed. I am *so* glad that there are many up. I hope Ed goes but I wouldn't miss Tahan too much either.

This week was strange because of the scheduling change. Showdown may be back next week & I think the show will have a much better flow now.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Competing to stay in the game is mainly a BBUS idea.

Other than one season of Friday Night Live prizes, and then this season, they do not usually offer any way to save yourself or anyone else outright from the nomination block.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I really should say *all* HM get a one week free pass from nominations, including intruders. Nathan's didn't start til after his first round of evictions.

Ratings should be good enough for them to extend the series. It was scheduled to be over Oct 23 & was extended to Nov 6 (I think) & was the main reason for the need for intruders.

I love the charm of BBAU & the wickedness of BBUK & would hate for them to become like BBUS, so can live without the save & replace & game talk.

Here's a facebook page from Ben's airline friends with pics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/193865524113819/photos/

People are confused, is Ben real or playing a character?

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49949-confused-about-Ben

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Will, I appreciate all the links. Thanks!

They could've had competition among the nominees to at least allow one to save themselves. Based on past voting, I think it's Drew or Ed going this time but nothing's certain. Several on the board said they blew their voting budget last week and will not be able to vote again until the final. I hope Ed's family isn't still auctioning off a date with Ed.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Ratings for the show as a whole are probably decent if they extended it, but the showdown ratings were bad from the start.

Thats why they got rid of the saturday showdown broadcast, fired 2 of the hosts and went with a much shorter showdown during the thursday shows. Now they apparently got rid of it entirely.

FNL was always a pretty low budget, low production value show but the "showdown" was vastly worse. No wonder nobody watched it.

Who thought it was a good idea to let half the houseguests show up in their pajamas?