TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 28, 2013 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Even if there was not proof that Justynn was a hired actor sent into the house to stir things up his actions make it pretty obvious.

He is just too over the top and trying way too hard to piss people off.

As for the showdown, Tahan won and saved Ben, A bit of a cop-out choice there, as they all know Ben will be safe regardless.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I'll bet that Justynn was always planned to go out after 1 week, no matter what the vote.
That's probably why they are doing a free internet vote instead of the paid phone vote.

...and then now they give Nathan a chance to return Tahan's hair dryer that she has been begging for every day for59 days.

Sure, no bias there BB.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I thought Tahan made a bad choice in picking Ben to be safe. If I was her I would of picked the sugar sisters, it would eliminate a bigger threat to her game.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I agree. I think it was always planned by Big Brother that Justynn would go.

Tahan! She saved Ben? The only reason I can imagine is that she knows Ben is popular and that hopefully the voters will take kindly to her the next time she's up.

If it's true that Ed's family has a contest for votes for him, then I suspect that my Drew will be leaving. I like to look at him but I do wish he was playing better.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, I didn't get your PM. Could you send it again please? Thank you!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Chit, Tahan saving the sis now that would have been a OMG moment.

Can you believe that Ed left Jade his boxers under her pillow. My eyes are still rolling how she grasped them to her heart. No wonder she feels he's giving her mixed messages.

The intruders have to make a big impression in 6 days to stay & be OTT. Tully was kept even though she was negative & created drama. Of course, the sis have been kept for being sweet. Who knows - one goes though.

It kind of pisses me off though to have people "apply" to be on the show, who don't bother to watch the show. Course at that age, I didn't watch TV either lol.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Wow, another Big Brother discovery.

http://www.sportingbet.com.au/#Sports/4963784
SportingBet odds , bookies havent got it wrong one time this year.

Yay, Drewbie. I hope.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Merrysea, I sent a second PM

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
oh wow!!! It was TAHAN that won the Showdown!! Good for her, finally!! But to save Ben... what a waste! She should have known Ben is popular and was going to stay anyway... I guess she wants to make sure any one of them can go. She wants either Mikk, the sisters or Jade to go I'm sure. But she could have saved Drew hoping for an alliance there... but who knows.
Anyway I think her Showdown win is a bit of a waste since everyone will be voting to evict one of the intruders... oops, unless they leave later?? Who knows???
Why couldn't Tahan have saved Nathan for example or Justynn to make sure one of the original cast gets evicted. Unless these are two separate evictions.
Without the Live Feeds one can't have any spoilers but I do enjoy the link Will gave us on that spoiler thread.

I know they'll evict Justynn but I like him there, finally someone who told Mikk to act more like the teacher she is... oh that was so funny.

The LOL chore was a funny one, I had to laugh as well with those pies in their faces, and Tahan shaving Ed that was hilarious.... Big Brotha is really wicked!!!

I think Big Brotha trying match making with Tahan's hairdryer given back to her by Nathan just before her choosing who to take to the Presidential Suite, was Nathan hoping to get invited??? MMMM ... But she took Ed, I guess because Ed was paired with her in the beginning.. but who knows... Last time Tim took Jade and now Tahan takes Ed... making them jealous isn't working either because it will make Ed and Jade even closer... a bit of separation can do a lot of good.

It was cute of Tahan to be unable to decide who to take to the PS... too much of a good thing I guess.

The difference between Justynn and Tim is one does it aggressively and the other does it charmingly... and the charmer one usually wins. I still like to see some aggression and leave the sugar out...

and one thing Onlyhuman said so well... it's the narrative in the Diary Room which has Tim win favorite player I'm sure, I noticed Big Brotha gives Tim a lot of coverage, then next is Ben and also Tahan quite a bit in the DR and also Mikk (although she just complains).

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Remember what I said about 2 Tims becoming unpleasant with such limited targets? I was so uncomfortable watching their antics on this most recent show. I just don't understand the purpose of going after Ed through putting down Jade. It's mean and cruel, especially after Jade confessed her dyslexia issues to Justynn. What exactly was the purpose of all of that crap at the dinner? How does insulting blondes (or even Jade directly) roast Ed? It reeks of the same cowardice that Ed exhibits, never wanting to confront directly another male, but going after the females instead. It's gross and disgusting that Tim chose such a path, especially since neither the sisters nor Jade has ever done a damn thing to him.

I think it's great that Tahan won the Showdown this week, particularly since she was in no danger. However, her dilemma over who to take to the PS really emphasized why she has so few friends in the house. Nathan got her back her hairdryer, so she could take him to show him her appreciation. She has lots of fun with Drew so that would be a good option. But taking Ed would annoy Jade, so that's hard to resist. And, in the end, she completely discounted repaying the person who had done something nice for her and couldn't decide between having fun and annoying Jade. How is this even a debate for the average person? I know that people love that stuff, but you have to admit it's hard to live with a person who values the possibility of hurting someone else so much that she would even discount her own personal enjoyment.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, the intruders aren't up for "the" eviction. One of the intruders will be evicted but that's separate & a free public poll not the traditional voting.

Onlyhuman (loving your input on the HM btw), Maybe Tim targeting Jade through Justynn is his passive aggressive way of getting back at her for rejecting him?? I agree about Tahan, she didn't know what Nathan gave up for her hairdryer & glad he didn't say that it was a simple choice, it could have been a huge choice.

How common is the name Maddie in Australia??? I guess it's short for Madelyn but I don't think I've ever personally met a Madelyn or Maddie. All I can think of is Madelyn Murray O'Hare. Could just be a coinky dink I guess ... see the spoiler thread for more info.

The bettor's got wrong the Ed/Matt eviction, so they haven't got every one right.

Wow I can't believe the Sis are at the bottom this week. I guess they figure Ed's family will auction him off to another high bidder.

http://www.sportingbet.com.au/#Sports/5379110

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I miss Tully!

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, I'm pretty sure that Tim is targeting Jade for rejecting him, which makes him way less strategic than he and his many admirers claim him to be. I was also a little skeeved to realize that after all the complaining about being in a room with couples, Tim had moved into the bed right next to Jade and Ed. He just seems a little all up in their business.

I don't know how we are addressing the "live feed" clips (oh how I long for the days of watching the HMs sleep while I worked...lol) but I notice in the clips that a Tully-less Drew is quite the chameleon, bouncing between groups and people. One person he seems to have settled his attention upon is Ben. Strategically, he, Tahan, and Tim all seem to have declared Ben off-limits, which, honestly, makes no sense if you truly think of this whole experience as a game with the end goal to be the last one standing. Why put yourself through all of this if you are going to stand by and let your biggest competitor skate through unchallenged? Interestingly, if Tim really follows through with this, it could be his fatal flaw, because if Drew rehabilitates his image and becomes Ben's "bestie", it will be very hard for Tim to reach second place let alone win. There is nothing Australia loves more than male bonding!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Willlwillbee, I got it, thank you!!!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Most of us can't view the "live feed" videos, unless there is a different source that isn't geo-blocked.

The male bonding didn't seem to help Matthew or Caleb with the voters.

So according to Justynn's statements in the house, he is a lumberjack, a stunt double AND a dietitian.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
My guess is that Ben's off limits because they've figured out that the voters like him, and they might vote out anyone who's not nice to him.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm happy Tehan won the Thursday games and is finally able to relax this week, but her picking Ben was confusing. She said something about it being 'a backwards reason.' Don't know what she meant by that. She should have saved Ed, because she doesn't have a lot of friends in the house and he is one of them. He won't nominate her every week like the gals do. I don't know if she's got it in her to save the twins, lol.

Wow, Justynn, really brought out the aggressiveness in Mikkala. Now I see what the other HG's were talking about at the beginning of the show.

Tim keeps saying he's running the show, but I so wish he'd get the boot. He really thinks he's got this game in the bag. I think the voters are fooled by him. Look how his true side came out with a new sidekick, Justynn.

I don't understand why BB brought intruders in at this point. I don't like either of them that well. One is insulting and the other is trying to be too nice. Bleh.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Saving the twins would do two things. First it would put the target on bigger fish, cause Tahan can beat the twins. Secondly it might cause the twins to be grateful enough not to nominate Tahan.

Nana731

07-06-2005

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana731 a private message Print Post    
Got some questions....Willwillbee, do you happen to be Wilson that I've seen post in Big Brother US?

Also, can any Aussies tell me the meaning of these words...Party Pashing, Wenging, and a Sook?

Thanks for any help. I've just got caught up and am loving the BBAU version.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Chitchat, I fully agree but don't expect Tahan to plot strategically, great points though.

I'm not Wilson, I'm Cindy, my nic was based on evil Dr.Will & Ms. flyonthewall (bless her soul)

I'm no Aussie but picked up language from BBUK & BBAU. I've learned words I've never heard before (minge, fringe & whinge) To me, the Aussie's especially seem to abbreviate words. (totes emosh - totally emotional)

pashing is passionate kissing usually with tongue, a party pash is spin the bottle type kissing (kissing for fun)

whinging is whining & complaining

sook (I think) is a sulking crybaby

fanny is NOT buttocks & not discussed in polite society

are cigarettes & a 4 letter word here that starts with FA & is used in the US as a derogatory term for homosexuals

Justynn is a type 1 diabetic. It is imperative for a type 1 diabetic to learn as much about the impact of foods on the body to keep them alive. Blood sugar average levels >120 shut down the immune system >140 average destroys nerves.

The "live feed" clips & updates are reposted on this site & available to US at least.

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49543-BB2013-Live-Feed-Updates-%28DISCUSSION-NOT-ALLOWED%29

Nana731

07-06-2005

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana731 a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much Cindy for all the word meanings. Appreash lol.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I am a hopeless Tim fan, I would like to think he is trying to show the housemates Justynn is a more evil side of himself. Tim reminds me of a little boy, who is full of spiders and snakes, but has a heart. Justynn is full of himself IMO. I don't think Tim is really interested in Jade as much as he is interested in pushing Ed's buttons. Ed is fake, and Tim sees it. Tim seems determined to get Ed's true colors to shine for all to see.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
The male bonding didn't seem to help Matthew or Caleb with the voters.

Sorry, I should have clarified...in my experience, Australia loves sensitive male bonding, especially where a hot guy bonds with the more nerdy guy, in what is perceived as a real bond of unexpected friendship. They love themselves a bloke with a heart of gold. If Drew can replace the image of him and Tully with one of him and Ben, he'll be golden.

Caleb and Matt didn't demonstrate enough sensitivity for people to go "awwww, I love them!"

I don't think Tim is really interested in Jade as much as he is interested in pushing Ed's buttons. Ed is fake, and Tim sees it. Tim seems determined to get Ed's true colors to shine for all to see.
I think Tim would have LOVED to have taken Jade's attention away from Ed just for the power trip, and storyline, of the "misfit" getting the "jock's girl". When it didn't work, he switched the storyline to the "misfit" being tricked into helping out the ungrateful blonde beauty and her dumb jock boyfriend. I just wish Tim would man-up and go after Ed openly instead of trying to get at him in this passive-aggressive BS involving Jade and her intelligence. With the exception of Jade and possibly the sisters, everyone in the house and most of the viewers have a pretty good idea of Ed's true colors, so I don't see the purpose. I will say again, though, that as much as I hope Ed goes this week, Tim will have a much harder time not appearing bitter and mean without a natural foil that others are eager to see taken down in the house.

Speaking of Ed leaving, his brother continues to prove that the family is no strategic braintrust. On the facebook page to support Ed, the brother actually wrote something about one of the females being right up Ed's alley and what will Jade do when she sees Ed is interested in the intruder. Seriously?? He actually thinks it would be GOOD for Ed to go after another female while sleeping in Jade's bed? Everyone knows Jade is obsessed, but I still think he would look like a jerk and she would get more sympathy. I can't believe they aren't smart enough to figure that out. I kinda do hope it happens though, just to cement Ed's eviction.

I think Mikkayla is dropping rapidly in the public's eye. She's made something of a strategic mistake becoming so attached to Tim because Tim doesn't hesitate to stir her up (or get others to do so) to make her look bad. At the same time, Mikkayla joins in with Tim gossiping about the others in the house, even those that are her friends. She may end up going sooner rather than later if she's not careful.

Unless something really shocking happens, I call the final 4 as Drew, Tahan, Ben and Tim.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Mama I agree with your whole post I couldn't have said it better.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What happened to the intruders?? That was a short excitement in the house, it seems without Justynn the house just went dead boring.

I don't know what the real reason is but they could have kept them till eviction night at least.

I read above someone suggesting Tahan should have saved the sisters and I think it would have been a great strategic move and now I wonder if Tahan is capable of thinking beyond the apparent. Saving Ben was totally useless but it was done I think for appearances'sake, almost as if Ben would never win a showdown and is powerless and so saving him it will give him a better chance but they should know that if he's liked in the house outside he is just as popular. Whereas saving the sisters it would have shown everyone that Tahan went beyond her personal preferences and played strategically, and come to think of it Mikk and Jade would have been kept on edge until Monday, and also Ed and Drew for that matter, Tim is just too popular to be at risk for now.
They must sense that the sisters will be the ones going on Monday and so everyone seem quite relaxed and the sisters don't seem to care much if they stay or go.

On the other hand, even if I want the sisters out before Tahan, saving them would have put Ed at risk and I think I want to see Ed in the house more than the sisters. I know that a strong player would have been evicted but at this point maybe it's too early and with the 2 female intruders coming in I think it's best if the sisters leave now. Too bad for Tahan because the sisters staying would have kept a target off her back when next week she'll be up for eviction along with the sisters. They'll not be there to give her that extra protection and she may be at risk of going if Australia likes Mikk and Jade more than Tahan.

Tim is the one who is really bonding with Ben and that scene in the bathroom with Tim hugging a crying Ben would very much please Australians as it was suggested by other posters.