TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 25, 2013 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
2 intruders went in and at the end Sonia announced that the showdown winner can save themselves plus 1 other person. So 6 up this week.

Id rather they were all up with nobody safe

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too. She also said that it's an online poll that decides which intruder stays. I think it will be Nathan, he seems very nice. I strongly suspect the other one's bark isn't as bad as his bite, but on first impressions I think he'll go. If Sonia said when they'll leave I missed it.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
This is going to be a long post because I've become obsessed with BBAU and the strategy of this game.

Strategically, only Tim and Ben are doing what is necessary to win AUBB, which is control the narrative. Both are very comfortable in the DR, constantly giving their thoughts and opinions on the other HMs and their interactions. Tim, of course, also amps up his DR interactions to talk of his manipulations and goals, including the audience in his plans like co-conspirators. Ben, otoh, has his convos with his Mum and Nana to augment his narration and it's become quite an effective tool, giving him an air of innocence that Tim doesn't have. In the final head to head conflict between those two (and that's where this is all headed) it will be interesting to see which option appeals most to the audience.

Tahan is the female most comfortable in the DR and she's got witty, if somewhat nasty, comments to make about all the other HMs. At this point, she's also getting a good edit for being "alone" in the house, which will help her for the next few evictions. If she continues this path, I see her as the last female standing.

I am curious what Tim's plans are to take out Tahan because he's got to be at least a little worried that she has survived so many eviction nights. At this point, I think the only way one of Tim, Tahan, or Ben goes before the finale is if they are all up against each other with no others.

For the rest of the HMs, that should be their goal at this point, finding a way to get those three up against each other. Without that, the rest are just cannon fodder in the relentless drive to the end.

I think Jade is the most clued in of the other girls in terms of understanding both the dynamics of the house and how the voting audience thinks. I know many people think her obsession with Ed is her biggest weakness, but I think her fatal flaw is her introversion. She is quite guarded, though once she makes a close connection, she is fiercely loyal. Unfortunately, because of her introversion, she comes off as fairly simple and she has said she avoids the DR, which is a necessary component to playing the game. Everyone else is dictating her narrative and she will be evicted sooner rather than later.

Ed is one of the worst strategic players in the house, partially because he is so obsessed with "the game" aspect and partly because he doesn't really understand the "play to the audience" component. It's not a surprise that this jock would have a hard time in a game where he can't physically grab the ball and run with it. He's trying to control the narrative within the house, with his constant, interminably repetitious mumblings about Tim without understanding that he's lost the narrative with the audience. Ironically, while his family might have saved him in the double eviction, I think they may seriously hurt his chances this week since they are actively campaigning to get Jade out. Jade is one of the few things that people view as a positive for Ed and undermining that makes it appear that stupid strategic moves run in the family.

Mikkayla had a great opportunity to jump ahead but she's become much too one-note. Almost all of her DR sessions center around her dislike of Tahan, which is a dead-end strategically. For right now, Tim is sheltering her in the game strategically and she's been the one most saved from the block (in fact she and Jade are the only ones who have been saved) but that won't last forever. I think she probably goes out 4th at the latest, but it really will depend on if she is up with other cannon fodder or if she's up only against any combo of Tim/Ben/Tahan in order to stay.

The Sisters are sweet, but, honestly, they are not long for this game. One of them is nearly nonexistent and their entire storyline is controlled by BB and Tahan. I like their interactions with Ben and I think he'll be heartbroken when they go, but they don't add much to the house and have no strategy except to be nice.

Drew could very well be the wild card to break up a final 3 of Tim/Ben/Tahan. He was hugely popular both in and out of the house before becoming so involved with Tully and one of the reasons that so many in the audience wanted her out was to get that other Drew back. He's not all that strategic, but in the DR he comes off as an honest, sensitive bloke who is just doing the best he can. Historically, Australia loves this type of guy and he could be a dark horse in this race if he can get his head back in the game and take back his narrative in the DR.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Onlyhuman, welcome to the discussion! I am curious about your comment about Ed's family actively campaigning to get Jade out, can you elaborate? Do they have a reason or is it to just quit distracting Ed or have him looking like an ass by fondling & nominating her.

BBAU is a popularity contest. The HM only true control of the game is getting people nominated without making themselves look bad in the process. Unfortunately we see such small snippets of the HM, a lot is lost in the editing room.

But you are right, creating a connection with the public especially in the diary room is essential to this game. Tim has had a radio show (& TV show I believe) & knows about connecting with his audience. I doubt Ben's talks to Mom & Nana are contrived. I am surprised that BB airs these talks, I would think Ben might be also. I don't know if the others are perceptive enough or strategic enough to play the game.

BBAU is usually a group goes in & has fun with the process & whoever has the most fun wins. BBAU audience don't seem to appreciate overtly strategic players.

Sonia announced that Showdown Thursday the HM could save themselves & a friend - 6 up for eviction plus the house will lose a bearded intruder next Monday.

BB begins airing in Winter, but it is now Spring time - temperatures are 70F days & 50F nights. Too cool for bikini for Texas girl.

The Gold Coast's average daytime temperature during their summer (December to February) is 28 degrees Celsius (82F), while the average daytime temperature during their winter (June to August) is a very mild 21 degrees Celsius (70F). The Gold Coast averages almost 300 days of sunshine per year.

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Schools/pdf/DW-Schools-FAQs.pdf

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Willwillbee. I have watched BBAU obsessively on and off for years but without the feeds last year I really wasn't interested in its return. In the early years, there was no open strategy and talking about the "game" component as compared to the "experience" was a no-no with the audience, though that changed a bit over time. For whatever reason, the strategic aspect really caught my attention this year.

As for Ed's family, on their website, they are actively advocating for Jade's eviction this week, which cracks me up because yesterday there was a clip of Ed telling Drew that Jade is one of the only people he really trusts in the house now. I think at least a part of that "revelation" was strategic for Ed (claiming Jade's loyalty for himself) but, let's face it, no way in hell she nominates him and more than likely if she wins showdown, she saves him.

My guesses who the others would save:

Ed...I think Jade because he's got to think Tahan would be fine after surviving this far and he's got to know that his image would be totally destroyed if he didn't save Jade at this point, especially after Tim taunted him about saving her last week and Drew saved her the week before.

Sisters...I think Mikkayla, though possibly Ben. Anyone with half a brain should realize the level of Ben's popularity after the fake eviction AND the birthday visit, but I'm not sure the girls together have half a strategic brain.

Mikkayla...I think the Sisters, just to not have them at risk and to hope Tahan goes finally.

Ben...I think the sisters, he's very close to them.

Tahan...Drew? Tim? Ed? Interestingly, all 3 boys have passed on the opportunity to save her from the block so I have no idea who she will choose. Not a girl for sure!

Drew...He protected Tim and Tully with his nomination superpower but I have no idea if he has the same loyalty to Tim at this point. I just don't think he would save Jade again, since they haven't had a chance to get close again.

Tim...anyone but Jade, LOL. My guess is Mikkayla or Tahan, possibly Drew.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee stated:
Kitt, I was shocked as well with Tully's composure when she hadn't been all season. She acted like Drew was nothing & maybe he was

Surprising right...eh, not so much. Just proved how much she craved attention any way she could get it. She was going to get attention in her exit interview so she didn't need to bawl. Soooo HAPPY she is finally gone.

I don't feel a bit bad for Drew. He needs put his big boy pants on and quit being so co-dependent.

I don't know who Bert and Pattie are, but I hope they make Ben happy. As for the intruders, not impressed. I thought they were sending in a good looking guy for Jade, but not so much. We'll see how good he can play Tim.

Mikkala might want to stop bashing Tehan, as it makes her look bad. She should realize by now the public loves Tehan and it would be smarter for her to befriend her. To the twins credit, they don't do that.

Sounds like Tully just saw Drew as someone to use who would give her constant attention. That girl is one of a kind and thank goodness for that. Drew ruined his game for her. I used to like him, but now wouldn't care if he was the next person evicted.

Haven't had internet for a few days, so it's hit and miss, but just wanted to post that I was sorely disappointed in Tim not saving Tehan last Thursday. What a foolish boy to save Jade. Poor Tehan deserved one week of not being up for eviction.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree Mikkayla is getting tiresome for her continuous bashing of Tahan, we see her bitter and it's not good for her image, Tahan never loses her cheerfulness even when she is standing near the sisters or Mikkayla, and Jade is either with the sisters or with Ed and fuels animosity in both groups against Tahan. She even told Ed ..'then why are friend with Tahan' and she told Tim not to get too close to Tahan. She is getting away with a lot because she does it behind the scenes, while Mikkayla confronts Tahan knowing she has the support of the other girls.
This is getting tiresome to watch and the Intruders better get smart about this and try to diffuse the tension by not aligning with the blondes and Mik otherwise they could end up looking just as catty as the girls.

So there is going to be a showdown after all but what if one of the intruders wins and who would he save? I hope they would save Tahan just to give the girl a break.

And what about 2 more intruders and both females entering the house?? This is getting too confusing for me to follow the original cast, it gets lost in the shuffle and then we end up caring less for whoever we liked so far.

(By the way, so far I don't like the intruders... one talks too much and the other is too sugary... too much sugar in this BB).

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They have had even more intruders than this in the past and it has never been a problem keeping track of everyone.

Besides, one of the males will be gone in 6 days and one of the females will probably be evicted quickly as well, so it will only be 2 new housemates.

One of the reasons for the intruders is to provide more eviction fodder and keep the interesting people in the house that much longer.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
I don't know Spunky, I saw those incidences with Jade differently. With Ed, he was talking crap about Tim and how he can't be friends with people that treat others poorly, which is when she asked how he could be friends with Tahan then. I think that it's important that she point out when he's being a pompous, moralizing jerk, partly because she lets the world know that she's not completely blinded to his flaws. I also think that it goes hand in hand with their conversation after Tully's eviction when they were talking about how things with Drew would change. When Jade suggested that she and Drew would get close again, Ed was almost stunned that she would "forget the last 5 weeks", but Jade said that she feels a connection to him and would be there, which we already knew because that was her reason for nominating Tully. Ed has a similar loyalty to Tahan, but it's based mainly on her perceived loyalty to him. If Tahan joined up with someone else and ignored him for 5 weeks, he would NOT forgive or forget (unless it was strategically beneficial to do so).

In Jades conversation with Tim, she wasn't warning him away from Tahan, she was warning him about his own behavior. I thought that conversation was interesting for how she bluntly acknowledged the Ed/Tim competition dynamic but then pointed out that it doesn't have to be nasty, that they can still get along. I think she feels that the same thing should be possible with Tahan, but, lets face it, Tahan considers that "fake" and has repeatedly stated that she has no interest in the other girls. Please note that when Ed mentioned to Jade before Monday's eviction that this was hard on Tahan because she really has no one in the house to support her, Jade volunteered that she would try harder to reach out to her, even though she (and the other girls) would prefer Tahan go over Tully or the Sisters. Jade doesn't want to exclude people and thinks people should be able to get along together even if they aren't super close, but it's Tahan who has held herself away from the others (unless there is drunken dancing and female kissing to be done...lol).

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Watching episode 1 now. I have never watched BB Australia. I just finished watching BB USA. OMG I love it. These people seem like they might be nicer than the ppl who were just on bb usa. What a big to-do the intro show is!!

Martyc

05-09-2011

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
Missy...you will love BB Australia. They stay busy, have great conversations so they learn about each other, and they sometimes have to use teamwork to earn food and perks. I watched last season and fell in love with the format.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I am so very hooked on this show, and thank the clubhouse members for helping me find my way to both UK and AU. AU is my favorite I think.... I absolutely love "Big Brother", his voice brings so much humor to the show. When he told Mr. Clooney to stop chewing his bed, I loved it.

I am a very big Tim and Ben fan. I was so happy to see Tully leave, and her exit interview made her look so cold and heartless.

Jade, and Ed, I am hoping go very soon. I think Ed is playing a terrible game, making up stories about people to cause friction, and acting a fool with Jade... He is so stuck on himself his good looks have faded for me. Jade seems way too needy and more interested in landing a husband then playing a game.

Drew stopped playing the game like McC did on our show this year, and I don't feel sorry for him, but he is cute :-) I read an article, the link may have been from here, that said he broke up with his girlfriend of a year and a half, to go on the show. She could have been Tully's twin.

Tahan, from the moment they introduced her and she said, I don't get along with girls, all my friends are guys.... I have not liked her. To me that is like saying, all women are jealous of me. IMO.

Makayla, she does not bother me, a bit annoying at times, but I admire the way she has survived.... Meow.

The sugar sisters I think are sweet and bubbly but bring nothing to the game, they won't last too long I don't think.

As far as the intruders go... don't unpack boys! :-)

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love this BB. Why the US doesn't have this kind of BB is beyond me... Do you have live feeds there?

I love Tim he is so mischievous. I also really like Ben he is so sweet. I have grown to like Tahan she can be a witch at times, but she is interesting.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No there are no live feeds on BB AU.

They used to have them when it was on another network, then it got cancelled back in 2008 I think it was.

It just came back in 2012 to a different network and apparently with a much lower budget and no live feeds.
So this is the second season on the current network.

The old show had live feeds, up to a $1 million prize, and nice prizes for all the evictees as they left the house. Usually a car or scooter, a few thousand cash, trips, etc.

It got to a point where people were going on the show just to get the free car,

This new version has a $250 thousand prize, no live feeds and nothing at all for all the other evictees.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm loving how the intruders are stirring up the house but I hate they have a one week deadline & don't feel like they have a minute to settle in.

What date does BB finish this year?
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013

I've heard rumors that BB may be extended by a couple of weeks.

Wow ticket costs went from $30-40-50 to $30-50-75 for the next 5 live shows. There are no ticket sales for dates past 10/23 though.

The picture found recently about the BB voices

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49481-All-the-2013-Big-Brother-Voices-together-%28image%29

I thought the older guy was the "main voice" but this claims the younger middle guy with dark hair is the "main voice"

Q4: Who is the voice of Big Brother?
The main voice is that of Leon Murray

Here's a reel of him doing various commercials & he's sitting there, I assume talking to himself (as the voice of Big Brother) & doesn't have "that" voice that I would recognize. I'm sure this it to promote his versatility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhjkTe96pxI

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Heeeeeeeeere's Justynn.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.starnow.com.au/justynnpaulharcourt

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Help with the spoilers... who won the Showdown???

Will, I go often to the spoiler link you gave (the first one) and they talk about someone winning and the loser being very sad. Why don't they give the name??

Anyway, I still can't see the face of Big Brotha's voice but maybe it just as well because I have someone in mind and don't want the real one to change the image I have in my head.

Love all the posts here and so far I'm not losing interest... well even if Tahan goes, I'll be watching what happens to Tim and Ben.

I just wouldn't want to be in Mikkaylas's classroom.. oh my god!!!! Did you see her trying to warn Nathan about Tahan.. oh my, thank goodness Ben was there to put a stop to it right away and Nathan makes me think he has his own idea of who's the real mean one.

I start to like Justyn... but again, what do we want in this house 2 Tims or 2 Bens??? I'll have to wait for the two female intruders to see how things could change but so far I hope Justynn stays. I'd rather have two Tims than 2 Bens. Although I still think that Nathan has a side that he's not showing yet... intriguing.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
The problem with two Tims in the house is that once Ed is gone (hopefully this week) there is no good foil/nemesis for 1 Tim let alone two. Everyone else is fairly passive and either supports Tim's hijinks or just laughs them off. If Tim, Tahan, Drew, and Justynn spend their time targeting Ben, the sisters, Jade, and Mikkayla, it could easily start to get unpleasant fast because Mikkayla is the only one who would "fight back" and 4 on 1 is just not pleasant. In some ways it would be a reincarnation of "the meatheads vs. the misfits" only this time Tim would be on the side of the meatheads. I'm not saying that the house needs to be pleasant, but if 2 Tims make it too ugly, that could backfire on the them.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, BBAU has no "live feeds" they give us snippets during the day that really don't show much.

Showdown was won by someone who knew the flags of the world, I'm guessing Mikkayla. I did notice that the intruders were included in the start of the games but I don't think they can get a pass.

Did you look at the youtube video for the voice of BB? I had to join the website to view the other pic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhjkTe96pxI

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
He's not the hotly I was led to believe he was.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I just caught up and I've got to say that I am SOOOO happy that Tully is finally gone! I could not stand all her whining and neediness.

The last episode I saw was the intruders - has there been another one since?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Nice find there with the Justynn actor link.

I knew he wasn't a "lumberjack", and he seemed bothered when he let slip the comment about possibly being a stunt or body double for High Jackman.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I pm'd you merry

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh no!!! Don't tell me Mikk won??

I understand now that there are no live feeds like in the US where we know already who won veto before we see the nominations show.. LOL.

So, I guess no one still knows who won for certain, let's just hope it was not Mikk... and I did see a clip with Mikk in her bed, so if she won wouldn't she be in the presidential suite?? Unless they no longer have the PS.

From their body language on the other clips I just couldn't tell. I thought they don't know they can save a friend and I wonder if they were told already and at least two of the HM are safe but I can't tell who from those clips. Drat!!!

I like Ed for the rivalry it creates with Tim and the Intruders. But I did like Ed much more in the beginning.
Someone I liked from the beginning and still do is Tim, Tahan and Ben. I did like Jade and Mikk but now I no longer do. How funny I never liked the sisters and yet now they don't bug me that much anymore.
I liked Drew and Tully for the drama, now Drew is conflicted, doesn't know if he should listen to Ed or Tim. But he is a very nice looking fellow. Nathan isn't the sweet man Ben is, something is bugging him but he isn't showing it. Same thing with Justynn, he may have realized Tim is better at it.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Apparently not Mik, here's a forum going nuts about who might have won - identifying who's in there beds & in the videos, narrowing it down, etc.

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49836-Day-60-live-feed-2013/page7

Seems like when Tim won the PS, he wasn't allowed to discuss it til BB said. It seemed like Jade asked him to not invite her several times - It made me feel like this went on over a long period like 24 hours but I guess I just have no perspective.

I hate the LOL task. I much preferred the no laughing tasks - this is just painful to watch.