TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: News from the outside world re:BB15 houseguests: Archive through September 23, 2013 users admin

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I have a little game I play at the beginning of each BB season. I like to make a first night guess of the winner and have been right twice (Maggie and Hayden). This year, after watching the extended video interviews, I picked GM as my favorite so you can imagine how shocking it was to hear her utter so many disgusting remarks.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I am still having some problems with the apology tours. When I hear terms like "may have said" or "if i have offended" it becomes not an apology but more of an excuse. I can only hope that true private apologies have been made to candace and helen and elissa and howard and yes even andy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got this email today.

Big Brother Network: Big Brother 15 HGs Elissa Slater & Howard Overby To Appear On ‘The Bold & The Beautiful’

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A clip from the above article which I found particularly telling! I love this article, I used to work with a woman just like this.

Paul Harvey, a University of New Hampshire professor and GYPSY expert, has researched this, finding that Gen Y has "unrealistic expectations and a strong resistance toward accepting negative feedback," and "an inflated view of oneself." He says that "a great source of frustration for people with a strong sense of entitlement is unmet expectations. They often feel entitled to a level of respect and rewards that aren't in line with their actual ability and effort levels, and so they might not get the level of respect and rewards they are expecting."

For those hiring members of Gen Y, Harvey suggests asking the interview question, "Do you feel you are generally superior to your coworkers/classmates/etc., and if so, why?" He says that "if the candidate answers yes to the first part but struggles with the 'why,' there may be an entitlement issue. This is because entitlement perceptions are often based on an unfounded sense of superiority and deservingness. They've been led to believe, perhaps through overzealous self-esteem building exercises in their youth, that they are somehow special but often lack any real justification for this belief."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-but-why/generation-y-unhappy_b_3930620.html

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Every generation thinks every younger generation is misguided and "wrong" in their thinking. How many people from each generation can't say that in their teen years they had an inflated view of oneself? Instead of saying this is Gen Y, I would say this is part of growing up. Learning you're not the hot poo you think you are.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Jen you are right. It is behavior I expect in teens, but these people are over their teen years. Though young, they should have matured more than they have. So it does beg the question, why do they believe their junk don't stink so to speak lol

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
What really bothers me about the apologies, including GMs is that they are all prefaced with "If I offended anyone, I am sorry" Seriously? you are apologizing for possibly offending someone, not for saying vulgar and hateful things.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Exactly- that puts it on the person who was offended instead of owning what you said or did. I want to know if THEY realize it was offensive. Not that they are sorry I was offended.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
It comes down to them not acknowledging the ugliness of what they said or more importantly, their not understanding or accepting what they said was wrong. They dont get it. GM will go out to her local bar in Staten Island, laugh with all her neighborhood buddies at the "N" jokes, gay jokes, etc. She wont say, I find that offensive. In ohter words GM is not going to change.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Has Amanda apologized in any of her interviews or countless tweets?

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Maris I am not so sure about GM. I think she is really feeling bad about it. I could be wrong. Aaryn, on the other hand, is publicly blowing it off. Andy seems to have decided to capitalize on being hated. Who knows?

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I would just reply to McCrae, make sure that there is pepperoni on that pizza when you are delivering it.

Veganking

07-24-2009

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
Elissa will appear on The Bold and the Beautiful:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Brother-Elissa-1071105.aspx

Veganking

07-24-2009

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
'Big Brother' Star Aaryn Gries Calls 'Big Brother' Experience 'Positive, Not Negative'
Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/big-brother-star-aaryn-gries-calls-big-brother-experience-positive-not-negative-105113/

Veganking

07-24-2009

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
"Big Brother 15 Amanda Zuckerman and McCrae Olson Score The Amazing Race! TV Poisoned By More McCranda"
Read more at http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2013/big-brother-15-amanda-zuckerman-mccrae-olson-the-amazing-race-mccranda-tar-0922/
There are more links to stories about them at the bottom of the article. One says they were dating before they entered the house.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So Amanda and Macrae are really going to be on The Amazing Race? Sure hope there are lot of active volcanoes and piranha filled rivers in their travels!

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I predict they are first to go. McC way too lazy and Ama way too demanding.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Same blogger that said Amanda knew Allison and was going to win BB. Same one that said Amanda was leaving the show. Now, saying they are going to be on TAR. I'd take that persons reporting with a grain of salt.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
I wonder if this is really true????

Eroica

07-28-2005

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
This TAR info has rendered me typeless. :-)

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
I hope that it is not true. TAR is a great show and I do not want to watch if MC and Amanda are involved.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
If this is true TAR are going to be losing a viewer. Me.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Nothing could make me stop watching TAR but I sure won't enjoy it much if they are on.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
TAR is going to be losing a viewer*

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought the teams had to know each other for at least a certain time period. Amanda would LOVE to have another hook into keeping McCrae around for another run at money.