TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 22, 2013 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I *thought* I heard the HM talking about a female BB but she must do the overnight or minimally active times. I know I've heard a female BB in the UK.

I agree also Spunky - there shouldn't be subjective competitions & the other HM surely shouldn't be judges.

I really don't judge Drew & Tully on cheating or not. What interests me is that BB is informing her gf about what is happening in the house. I *do* believe Tully should have either suspended her relationship with Drew til she got out *or* let her gf know (publicly or privately) that she was going to explore this relationship.

Tully made it very clear in the beginning that she can separate the physical from the emotional & if she had a physical relationship with Drew while maintaining the emotional relationship with the gf. I would figure that's between them, if they have an open relationship, that's fine.

I find it hypocritical to continuously proclaim your current relationship status (with the gf) while actively pursuing Drew. Even if she said *nothing* like she had no gf, I could almost accept her actions.

I think if the gf & friends hadn't made it such a public issue, it wouldn't be a matter that I would be discussing either. They seem to have confirmed that Tully has crossed the line, which previously was still ambiguous to the viewers.

The real issue I have with Tully is for her constant negativity in the house. She becomes a fun sponge. I could understand it when she was in the half way house but she finds a reason to be pissed off at everything.

The intruders are scheduled for next week. Rumor is Tuesday. They are supposed to be 2 bearded males with big personalities. I thought they would bring in someone to spark with Jade but it looks like they may be sparking with Tim. I don't think he could stand anyone out shining him in outrageousnous. It should be a hoot!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Here is an interesting article -

Taking Tim Down

http://leesalittle.com/2013/09/19/taking-tim-down/

It pieces it all together, pieces that didn't make much sense to me before. I knew in my gut that this was happening but didn't realize the extent of it.

I had read that some of the HM had put chili pepper spice in Tim's shorts & although they saw him walking funny, nothing was ever said but he did wash all his clothes. Now I wonder if this was a good natured or nasty joke. I would think if it was a good natured joke Tim would have said "ha, ha, got me!" but he said nothing.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Interesting article, makes me think I really don't know what's going on in the house from the shows I watch. I'm just wondering who is this spider, do you think it's Ed?? I wouldn't give Ed that much attention, I don't think he is that clever as that spider in the article sure is.

I did notice the changes in Heidi and I am starting to see some changes in Drew as well, Drew and Tim seemed much closer earlier on.

And now with Tim trying to catch Jade makes me wonder if it was really to undermine Ed's game. I noticed also how Ed is getting involved in conversations with Mikkayla and the sisters and of course Jade being among them. So Ed is getting closer to several who didn't mind Tim and also trying to make Ben believe Ed really missed him.

So if those intruders are targeting Tim and not Ed I think Big Brotha is really wicked.

Who could have put the chilli pepper spice in Tim's shorts??? It was funny to see him in the pool naked and Jade laughing but I sensed she may have known why...

We've had a real manipulator in the BB US, the one who won, Andy, turning every one against each other. I don't think Ed is that cunning but if he has I hope someone will stop him.

My favorite so far are Tahan, Tim, Drew and Ben.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I knew Ed was "the spider". Remember Ed telling Caleb about Tim's narcissistic personality disorder & how he's manipulating everything in the house. I just didn't fully realize Ed was behind Jas & Heidi's breakdowns. They were the closest to Tim (& Ed) at the time & all of a sudden became his rivals.

Ed has Jade (& others) convinced everything Tim does is a manipulation. I don't think Tim is as conniving as others think. I think he dances to a different drummer but I think he is transparent & has no filters. He doesn't do "sneak attacks" & wants full credit for his actions.

Tim is an easy target. Ed probably whispers in Tim's ear about Ben & how to take down Ben. Tim is the only one that would try to take down Ben.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree, Ed's not as clever as he thinks he is, the writer of that article gives him a lot of credit for things that are more like group dynamics(?). Plus he's not liked on the outside so unless he (continues) to try to manipulate the voting his days might be numbered.

Actually maybe he won't be up for a while as it's down to three nominees :-(.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    

I think Ed's whispering to everyone getting them riled up against Tim. I don't doubt, Ed was behind Jas, Heidi's confrontations with Tim. He is telling Jade that Tim is using her to get to him/Ed now. Did you also notice recently Ed whispering in Mikkayla's ear about Tim? Wasn't it Ed telling Ben about Tim scheming to take down Ben? Isn't that why Ben nominated Tim?

I was worried about that also Kitt, with 3 noms & Ed so carefully being neutral, it may be hard to get him nominated.

Spunky, I posted who spiced up Tim's shorts in a separate spoiler thread. I don't know how to create a spoiler box & not going to figure it out.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I saw that Will, very nice! I posted a comment...

We'll see that next ep, I guess.

I can't believe Ed would play that way... maybe he is that smart. Who knows?? I hope Drew would see what's going on and somehow make Tim see what's going on if Tim is still in the clouds... however it seems strange Tim wouldn't know Ed is trying to undermine Tim's game.

But what it's amazing in the Aussie version is that all this could be happening in the most decent way compared to what I'm used to seeing in the US version. A game of manipulations but in two different ways, the cutthroat way up here and the rather decent way Down Under.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Should you want to do a spoilerbox here, all you do is type

\ spoiler { story }

without all the spaces. The story will then appear in a black box.

Ben did nominate Tim because of what Ed said, but wasn't it as part of a task, and Ed thought Ben was already out of the house?? I've forgotten what happened, did Ben view something while he was in the safehouse??

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Ed + Jade = men are from mars, women are from venus

Hober

06-26-2004

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hober a private message Print Post    
I finally heard the female big brother at about 1:12 (ish).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N35oP5Zi46s

Punkin

08-13-2009

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
I've watched 15 seasons of BB USA and never looked for another country's BB. I heard BB AU discussed in the BB15 discussion and thought I'd try it. WoW! It is so much fun! I'm only up to Day 6, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. It is so different, from the way the HMs came into the house to the DRs and activities. When does BB Canada start again?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the female Big Brother clip, Homer! I don't think I've ever heard one on the show so I wondered if they purposely didn't have any (it's Big BROTHER after all, not Big Sister).

Punkin, as well as the main shows there are "Big Brother Confidential" (Wednesdays) shows and "Late Night Feast" (Tuesdays) shows too. Most of the youtube people I've looked at have the Confidential show in with the daily show but the Feast show separate. The Feasts only started five(?) weeks ago.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Punkin, BBAU & BBUK are *way* different than BBUS but BBCA is pretty much the same as BBUS, it's created by the same people.

After BBAU, you should watch 2006 BBUK7 & 2004 BBUK5 on youtube. BBUK is completely different from BBAU. These shows took my love of BB to a whole different level. I think most BB fans would love them also. After obsessing about BB it's hard to go cold turkey, that's how I found the other BBs. BBAU has another 4-6 weeks to go. They have gone as long as 100 days in the past.

I sent an open letter to BEN FROW UK Channel 5 director of programmes & also to a fellow that has been in contact with him about live feeds.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1892694

I think if half an attempt (with 24/7 paid live feeds) was made by BBUK & BBAU they could get the US & Canada fans which totals up to over 8-10 million viewers. BBAU only has 1 million & BBUK has 1.5 million.

I recommended they didn't broadcast at the same time because it's tough obsessing over multiple BB simultaneously. I've given up on BBUS in the past few years to concentrate on BBUK & BBAU.

BB Canada will probably start the end of Feb.2014. They haven't announced yet. Watch the BBCA thread.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I couldn't watch BB Canada (and me living here) because it was winter and it was just too depressing for me. I like the US version because of the sunny backyard and I love the Aussie version because it reminds me so much the clear blue sky I loved in Adelaide and they really enjoy their pool and the outdoor scenes cheer me up.

I noticed that they get a lot of entertainment and they really appreciate it and make the most of it, one thing that in the US house could not be enjoyed because their time was spent raking their brain of who to nominate and who to evict, a lot of strategy talk and a lot of guess work.
It must be also very frustrating not being able to talk about strategy as openly as they do in the US, because it should be stressful not knowing what they intend to do, I remember in the US they complained... "I don't know where her head is..." or something like because they wanted to figure out the moves, but in the Aussie version you can't talk about nominations and this could add to the stress.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I'm new to BBAU. I read people pay for tickets to be in the audience and pay to vote? How much to vote?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
55c Aus to vote, right now that's just about 55c US too.

Willwillbe and I played with some maths a couple of weeks ago and estimated that with six nominees up and a relatively even spread of final voting percentages (bottom person 10%, top person 22%), it only took a few thousand dollars for a family member (or fans) to save someone.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
BBUS & BBUK have free audience entry. Which seems fair for BBUK since they don't have seats or a roof for the rain but BBAU first few row seats are $50, the middle section is $40 & the way in the back seats are $30 each.

Weekends are long with NO BB.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Interesting. My family could not afford saving me even once so I'd have to have lots of fans, which is the case of all the HM's, I'd guess. So is sweet, naive, boring Ben going to take home the money? He always has the most votes.

I love Tahan and Tim, though I don't always like them. Liked Drew until he hooked up with Tully, whom I cannot stand, and I have to give kudos to Mikkayla for being so resilient.

Two HM's have received strikes. Mikkayla, just this week, and I've forgotten the first one. Was it Tahan? Receiving strikes for inadvertently hinting re noms is a wild concept to wrap my head around.

All the talk now is of Tully and Drew and it's already getting old, IMO.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
What makes it interesting about controlling the votes is also the Australian sports betting on BB.

Kitt figured out that there was probably at most 200,000 votes & only 10% difference between first & last place. 10% of 200,000 = 20,000 votes @ .55ea = $11,000

Sports betting had Ed at 1.40 & Matt at 4.00 (no one else was close). I believe Ed's twin placed a large bet on Matt which would have offset the cost of the votes. Matt's odds dropped from 4.00 to 2.20 due to large bets.

That same eviction, they had the safe house betting odds with Matt @ 26.00 & Ed @ 21.00 I believe the difference (since Ed was favored to go) was a large bet.

But (if my theory is correct) they didn't vote enough to get Ed to the winning spot, only to the 3rd position.

I'm figuring they broke even with the voting cost if they bet enough on Matt to go but they should have hired Kitt to win the big safe house bet - luckily that is not normal option.

We figured this was an almost foolproof plan *unless* 2 HM fans/family used the same strategy.

Ben is favored to win with Tim next but things change rapidly sometimes. In BBUK, Gina was voted by the public to be nominated the first week or so & a couple of weeks later she was saved by popular vote & mid series she was voted favorite by the public & in the end she only made 3rd place.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
will watch this. thanks.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
BBUK and BBAU cannot legally go after US fans as CBS pays Endemol for the rights to Big Brother in the US.

Thats one of the reasons why all videos on the official sites are region blocked.

As for the vote totals, there has been a lot of speculation but nobody outside of the show knows the actual vote totals. Those guesses could be off by a huge amount.

Pintobean

06-02-2011

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pintobean a private message Print Post    
BBAU is my favorite TV show. They are 15 hours ahead of me so by the time I get up each weekday, a new episode has been loaded onto YouTube and I am able to watch it while eating lunch. It really puts a positive aspect to my workday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Flagg, there was an article that said in the finale last year Benjamin won the show with 40% of the "nearly 400,000" total votes cast. That show had 1.47M viewers. The eviction shows are getting nearly a million viewers so the straight ratio would give 270,000 votes but probably not as many will vote in an non-finale show as a finale show, therefore I used 75% of that, which is 200,000 total votes.

Of course it's an estimate but I think it's going to be in the ball park. And whether it's 100,000 or 300,000 total votes (I feel it's much more likely to be the lower end), 10% of the votes - the difference between first place and last place last eviction - is going to cost between $5,500 and $16,500 and is going to be pretty accomplishable (word?) by a big fan club or a wealthy family.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I believe the tickets to the show also include the admission to dreamworld theme park where the house is located, but I could be wrong.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Okay so that's less of a guess than I had thought but didn't Sonia say they had twice the usual number of votes this past eviction?

Also, finale votes might not be the best number to work from as I would imagine a lot of people don't really bother to vote any more by that point, as their favorites are gone... especially last season.

While it is well within the means of a fan group or wealthy family, some weeks have a much larger gap between first and last than last week.

There was over 30% difference a few weeks back when Tim got 40%. So not a definite win by any means, and quite a risk if placing large bets