TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 15, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: Britney Haynes' daughter Tilly has cancer: Archive through September 15, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not much more info, but some..

http://www.realitytea.com/2013/09/14/big-brothers-britney-haynes-infant-daughter-diagnosed-with-cancer/

Lucymac

07-06-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucymac a private message Print Post    
What heartbreaking news for that precious baby girl. I hope Britney and her husband are feeling the love, support and prayers from the BB community and it helps give them some strength, I can't begin to imagine their pain. Praying it is a beatable cancer.

Lizziedi

10-05-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lizziedi a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey and others here, I do appreciate the caution. I don't enjoy feeds right now, so I check in here for updates (and humor). This news broke just a I got online, Jokers was rampant with speculation, like many I was hoping it was a hoax.

I appreciate that there was skepticism on this board until Brittney did send that out. Not trying to knock Jokers, many people there who are very sad also, but I noticed that here people are more circumspect and alert to rumors.

After my post, I noticed that the "official donation site" at Jokers had been removed. Let's all be careful!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Several people suggested, on Twitter replies to her, that she look into Caringbridge.org and I hope she does. There they can blog, post pictures and have more control than with Facebook, and anything they post will be legit.. for instance if they do set up a fund for Tilly.

So difficult to imagine, but all too many little ones go through this.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
prayer, support, love to Tilly, Britney...family.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they want everyone to post on twitter with hashtag #prayforTilly so it will be trending

Justmom2

03-15-2008

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justmom2 a private message Print Post    
So with this despicable season of BB and all the hatred that was spewed.....CBS should do the right thing, declare NO ONE a winner and donate all of the money to CANCER RESEARCH....to me that would be the absolute right thing to do....

Simplyde

07-26-2011

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Simplyde a private message Print Post    
What type of Cancer? Did they say?

Icu2

08-09-2007

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Icu2 a private message Print Post    
Well that is horrible news. I will definitely say a prayer for both her and the family.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I don't know what kind of cancer she has but if anyone is on her Facebook or twitter account-----

They should follow this story of a friend of mines sisters baby- they are taking an alternative route than chemo and having amazing results with brain cancer- they might want to look into it -

https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForSophie?ref=ts&fref=ts

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I am just so sorry. Breaks my heart. Oh I hate when the babies suffer :-(

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Most cancers I've heard of being diagnosed in a child that young are neuroblastomas, which can create tumors just about anywhere but many times affect the eyes. On the one hand, clearly they caught it extremely early. On the other hand, the baby is so young and essentially immobile, lord knows what kind of tolerance or complications can be anticipated.

Prayers and best wishes to Tilly and her parents.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I may be projecting here, but I swear that sweet child looks like it's in pain in the pic. Might be just gas, but that's how it looks to me. So tragic. I hope the little one can fight this. I have no idea the survival rate for teeny infants, but I imagine, it's not great. :-(

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Brought me to tears. I can not imagine facing the fear with one so little, just breaks my heart. Will be praying for them all. <3

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very sad news. I'll be thinking of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Neuroblastoma is horrible. There are other possibilities.

Sadly there is a list of the most common childhood cancers:

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerinchildren/detailedguide/cancer-in-children-types-of-childhood-cancers

GAl is right that neuroblastoma can start or be present in infants. Retinoblastoma is another form that can start that early.

Sometimes trisomy 12 (an extra chromosome) can increase the likelihood of a form of leukemia. (this is not the trisomy 21 of downs).

They may still be testing for exact cancer or cause.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The person who first posted using a screen shot of a post on Britney's private facebook page is the same one who has started a fund page. Many are questioning this and want to know it is sanctioned by the family before donating. The poster insists that he is legit and he will get the money to them.

I'm for waiting at this point. Just the prayers and knowing people care are important for now.

Pamy, we all got #PrayforTilly trending last night, twice, from what I read. Most of what I got came through tweets before I went to bed.

It is very sad and I can understand wanting to redirect money from BB15 or other things, but really they are unrelated, IMO.

You can always find one issue more worthy than another and I've lived long enough to know that I can decide where my own money goes and that's pretty much it (other than voting for or against use of our tax money, though that rarely comes out the way I would have it go).

Serendipity

08-27-2013

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serendipity a private message Print Post    
Extremely saddened by this news. We get so caught up with some BB HG`s good and bad and then there's that special HG that shines and sparkles like a diamond in the rough like Britney.

Her heartache is felt by every sympathetic and caring person who's read the news about precious Tilly while those who pray are sending out prayers. Everyone is united with good thoughts and wishes for her, her darling Tilly, and her whole family.

This is the positive part of Big Brother that comes from that experience, fans can come together in prayer and support this wonderful woman who is facing this crisis and make her aware she is surrounded with love.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
My prayers go out to Tilly and her family!

Serendipity

08-27-2013

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serendipity a private message Print Post    
Correction: TILLY not Tully as auto correct changed it to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Quite true, Serendipity! I'm sure Janie and Will and other BB parents (as well as anyone with little ones) are holding them even closer right now.

I'm forgetting where Britney and her husband live.. wondering about the closest center that specializes in childhood cancers (or whichever kind Tilly has).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I fixed it for you Serendipity

Here is a synopsis at wet paint (no new news though)

http://www.wetpaint.com/network/articles/2013-09-14-big-brother-star-britney-haynes

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know she was in Arkansas.. just not sure if that is current.

Ark

07-09-2001

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Jun posted a blog about Britney, Tilly & cancer.

http://jundishes.com/2013/09/15/pray-for-tilly/

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
In that blog, Jun mentions the fund raising effort. I am comfortable now donating.